ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Colts fans question owner Jim Irsay over Peyton Manning's place on list of all-time N (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162509)

JAFF 05-20-2023 01:47 PM

Colts fans question owner Jim Irsay over Peyton Manning's place on list of all-time N

Colts fans question owner Jim Irsay over Peyton Manning's place on list of all-time NFL players

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...s/70239116007/

Everybody has their "Mount Rushmore" or "Top 10" athletes, musicians, etc. But when Jim Irsay discusses NFL players, he raises eyebrows.

When the Indianapolis Colts owner offered his best NFL players, he listed the late Jim Brown first. But one player he left off his "Top 5" prompted double-takes: Peyton Manning.

Instead, Irsay included John Elway, a quarterback the Colts drafted in 1983. Elway refused to play for the Colts, and they traded him to the Denver Broncos, where he won two Super Bowls. Irsay's Top 5: Brown, Tom Brady, Elway, and pass-rushing menaces Deacon Jones and Reggie White.

Irsay followed up by tweeting that Manning was certainly in his Top 10, but that Elway's accomplishments with lesser surrounding talent for much of his career gives him a boost.

Keep up all year long:IndyStar's Indianapolis Colts coverage

Colts fans gave Irsay's choices some interesting responses.

Dam8610 05-20-2023 01:50 PM

Wow, he needs to sell the team for putting that cheater ahead of the man who made him as rich as he is today.

Colts And Orioles 05-20-2023 02:40 PM

o

I guess Jim Irsay forgot about all of those average teams that Peyton Manning single-handedly carried to the post-season year in and year out, when he played for the Colts between 1999 and 2010 ...... that's something that Tom Brady never had the burden of, because Brady was always surrounded by either great teams, or at least very good teams.

When Peyton Manning missed the entire 2011 season, the Colts went 2-14 with Dan Orvlovsky, Curtis Painter, and Kerry Collins at quarterback. When Tom Brady missed the entire 2008 season, the Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Cassell at quarterback ...... if you want to know how valuable a player is, see how the team does without him.

o

JAFF 05-20-2023 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 266646)
Wow, he needs to sell the team for putting that cheater ahead of the man who made him as rich as he is today.

The Cheater has the numbers and trophies, its an honest evaluation. Elway was the best athletic Qb, he wasnt just an arm. I was in elementary school in LA, Jones was a nightmare. He was as fast as most running backs, and with Olsen at DT, it was a fun D to watch.

Colts And Orioles 05-20-2023 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 266649)
o

I guess Jim Irsay forgot about all of those average teams that Peyton Manning single-handedly carried to the post-season year in and year out when he played for the Colts between 1999 and 2010 ...... that's something that Tom Brady never had the burden of, because Brady was always surrounded by either great teams, or at least very good teams.

When Peyton Manning missed the entire 2011 season, the Colts went 2-14 with Dan Orvlovsky, Curtis Painter, and Kerry Collins at quarterback. When Tom Brady missed the entire 2008 season, the Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Cassell at quarterback ...... if you want to know how valuable a player is, see how the team does without him.

o

o

And you want to hear something very ironic in regard to this subject ???

Patriots coach l Bill Belichickl was once asked if there was one quarterback l BESIDES TOM BRADY l in the history of professional football whom he would want as his quarterback ??? Belichick said none other than l Bert Jones.

I dislike Belichick as much as any other fan of the 31 teams not named the Patriots, but I have to give him props for being objective and creative when asked this question.

If Bill Belichick Could Choose Any Quarterback to Lead His Team, He’d Pick Bert Jones

(By Zack Cox)

https://nesn.com/2016/11/if-bill-bel...he-would-pick/

o

Dam8610 05-20-2023 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 266650)
The Cheater has the numbers and trophies, its an honest evaluation. Elway was the best athletic Qb, he wasnt just an arm. I was in elementary school in LA, Jones was a nightmare. He was as fast as most running backs, and with Olsen at DT, it was a fun D to watch.

He cheated, those numbers and trophies are meaningless.

Oldcolt 05-21-2023 08:21 AM

Manning isn't even the best Colt QB ever. Unitas has that.

omahacolt 05-21-2023 08:31 AM

anyone with brady on the mount rushmore is a moron

ChaosTheory 05-21-2023 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 266662)
He cheated, those numbers and trophies are meaningless.

It aggravates the shit out of me that all of the other owners/teams just pussy out and let it slide "for the league." How do you read about the crazy shit they did and just say fuck it?

YDFL Commish 05-21-2023 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 266667)
Manning isn't even the best Colt QB ever. Unitas has that.

While I agree, Elway is even more moronic. Does Kravitz has some weird hold over you Jim Irsay?