ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Best tix you ever had? (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44869)

GoBigBlue88 06-06-2018 12:08 PM

Best tix you ever had?

Since it's slow, thought I'd ask this...

It occurred to me recently that, this season, I just sat courtside at a Pacers game for my third time. I don't take that for granted -- it's a really cool experience I recommend to everyone -- but it struck me at the same time that it's weird I've sat NBA courtside 3x, and only even been in the lower level for a NFL (Colts) game 1 time. I've almost ALWAYS sat in the absolute nosebleeds for Colts games.

So I'm curious...

1. What are the best tix you've ever had for any event? For a Colts game? What was it like?

2. Where are your Colts tix usually?

Brylok 06-06-2018 12:14 PM

1. Up front, left of center stage for Rage Against the Machine/Beastie Boys when I was stationed in Hawaii back in '95 or '96.
2. I never have Colts tickets. I'm out of state and not around during football season.

Dam8610 06-06-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 69308)
Since it's slow, thought I'd ask this...

It occurred to me recently that, this season, I just sat courtside at a Pacers game for my third time. I don't take that for granted -- it's a really cool experience I recommend to everyone -- but it struck me at the same time that it's weird I've sat NBA courtside 3x, and only even been in the lower level for a NFL (Colts) game 1 time. I've almost ALWAYS sat in the absolute nosebleeds for Colts games.

So I'm curious...

1. What are the best tix you've ever had for any event? For a Colts game? What was it like?

2. Where are your Colts tix usually?

1) The best ticket I ever had to a Colts game was my ticket to the 2006 AFC Championship game. I was about 20 rows up in one of the corner sections of the endzone where Addai scored the game winning TD, it would've been the right corner from a field view. That game and night was special. The best seats I ever had were about 4 rows back on the 50 yard line field level for the opening of Lucas Oil Stadium, though obviously that was a much worse result.

2) I usually buy lower level around the 10 yard line. I didn't think the 50 yard line was that special and I actually think an endzone section gives you the best view of the game.

testcase448 06-06-2018 01:40 PM

115 in a 55.... plea-ed down from 121

OH..... sports tickets

Racehorse 06-06-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testcase448 (Post 69318)
115 in a 55.... plea-ed down from 121

OH..... sports tickets

Little slow at reading comprehension, huh?

rcubed 06-06-2018 02:35 PM

Best tix for me... fully stocked luxury box for a red sox/angels game and same for a lakers game.

Only ever had regular seats for a colts game

Mr. Session 06-06-2018 02:40 PM

Took my mom and nephew to the colts game in Atlanta a few years ago. Third row around the 35 yard line.

It was a huge surprise for her to sit that close after scrapping up $ to take her son to the upper decks at the Hoosier dome. She deserved that experience.

Colts are still undefeated when she sees them in person.

testcase448 06-06-2018 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 69323)
Little slow at reading comprehension, huh?

Tried to get the mug shot holding the ticket..

BTW MUCH more fun than watching others do things...

Set behind the bench a few times... done the sky box thing in Dallas... that ticket was better

YDFL Commish 06-06-2018 07:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My best Colts seats in 2012: The Colts lost on a fukn'n Blaine Gabbert miracle 10 yard slant that the Colts manged to botch. Probably a sign of things to come from any Pags coached team.

The high notes are, it was TY Hilton's 1st game as a Colt and he caught a long TD, right at me. I yelled " he's open touchdown" before the pass was in the air.

The other cool thing is the Colts enter and leave the stadium form that corner, and I believe that was near or where the Reggie Wayne fan club sat. So Reggie would always salute that corner.

As far concerts go, I'm lucky enough to be old enough to have been to several general admission concerts in the 80's, where you just had to be man enough to get to the stage,copping a few feels and taking a toke along the way.

jasperhobbs 06-06-2018 07:57 PM

Best tickets were to a colts game at the RCA dome. Touchdown club about the 45 yard line. Tickets were $250 a piece but worth it since we live 6 hours away and no way I was going to drive that far and sit in the rafters.

I am betting same tickets today are probably over $400

VeveJones007 06-06-2018 09:33 PM

Depends on what you're looking for. I had tickets in row 1 in the corner where the Colts came out and had some players give high fives on the way off the field...but the view of the game isn't great that close. My favorite viewing experience is about 20 rows up in the corner 100's or first few rows of the corner 200's. Tickets in the corners are usually much better value than closer to the 50.

I was able to get a lot of really good tickets in the 2010 season. Trick was to have 600 level season tickets, sell those for above face value, then hope for tickets to open up the Friday before the game. There would be really good 100-200 level seats available at face value that the opposing team would send back because they didn't have friends/family of players taking them to come to the game. Colts would give season ticket holders first dibs on those tickets when they became available.

Butter 06-06-2018 11:26 PM

Lowest was the second row at about the 5. It was interesting and cool to see players so close, but kind of sucked since much of the game was unwatchable except for the big screens. One of the Coolest views was almost dead center upper-level 1st row in the RCA Dome, it was kind of like an all 22 view of the game. I miss how much closer even upper deck felt in the dome.

1965southpaw 06-07-2018 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Session (Post 69326)
Took my mom and nephew to the colts game in Atlanta a few years ago. Third row around the 35 yard line.

It was a huge surprise for her to sit that close after scrapping up $ to take her son to the upper decks at the Hoosier dome. She deserved that experience.

Colts are still undefeated when she sees them in person.

1. Best tix ever.....corporate suite at Indy 500 several years in the 90's
2. Home Colts games.......family tix are a few rows above the colts player tunnel.....I usually get home to Indy about twice a year for home games.
3. Away Colts games......I do an annual road trip and two years ago had row 3 behind the colts bench at Miami. To date (about 12 years now) we have won every road game I've been to. I'm trying to decide between Philly and Boston for this year's road trip.........

DragonTails 06-07-2018 12:31 PM

Aren't the lower level rows too low to get a good view/perspective on the game? Don't the players on the benches block the views?

I usually prefer the first row of the upper deck because I don't want to pay for the first row of the middle sections (club).

I've never been to the new stadium, though.

Pez 06-07-2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonTails (Post 69403)
Aren't the lower level rows too low to get a good view/perspective on the game? Don't the players on the benches block the views?

I usually prefer the first row of the upper deck because I don't want to pay for the first row of the middle sections (club).

I've never been to the new stadium, though.

The boy and I were in the 10th row for a game last year and all the TV gear was in the way half the time. Bummer me out because those were some pretty pricey tickets. A few game later we got some end zone seats high up for about 60 bucks and had just as much fun (except we lost to the steelers by a FG).

My philosophy is changing. Instead of getting great seats, spend that money on a hotel and a nice meal (we live 2 hours away) the night before.

GoBigBlue88 06-08-2018 08:22 AM

So it seems like the common take on best seat at LOS is somewhere in the lower level corner? Section 132 or 148 etc?

This is the first year I'll be able to actually go to a Sunday game since 2010, which is pretty crazy, so I'm thinking of surprising my dad with some tix.

smitty46953 06-08-2018 09:09 AM

My recliner, 20 feet from the pisser and 10 feet from the fridge … :cool:

smitty46953 06-08-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 69476)
So it seems like the common take on best seat at LOS is somewhere in the lower level corner? Section 132 or 148 etc?

This is the first year I'll be able to actually go to a Sunday game since 2010, which is pretty crazy, so I'm thinking of surprising my dad with some tix.

Aww thanks son, but ruined my surprise … :cool:

Dam8610 06-08-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 69476)

I'd try for lower level endzone, as close to middle as possible. IMO it's the best in stadium view.

Colts And Orioles 06-08-2018 05:20 PM

o

I had a strange (and excellent) experience at the Colts-Ravens game in Baltimore, in 2009.

Adam Jones (the Orioles' center-fielder) was on the Ravens' sideline, wearing a Johnny Unitas Colts jersey. He was asked to leave their sideline, unless he took off the jersey. Adam kept the jersey on and left, and wound up sitting in the upper deck on the opposite side of the stadium (which is also where I was.)

I saw him as we were both walking down the ramps after the Colts won the game. He was talking on his cell phone, so I patted him on the back and gave him the thumbs-up sign as I trotted past him. He looked back at me, nodded, and smiled.

o

YDFL Commish 06-08-2018 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 69515)
o

I had a strange (and excellent) experience at the Colts-Ravens game in Baltimore, in 2009.

Adam Jones (the Orioles' center-fielder) was on the Ravens' sideline, wearing a Johnny Unitas Colts jersey. He was asked to leave their sideline, unless he took off the jersey. Adam kept the jersey on and left, and wound up sitting in the upper deck on the opposite side of the stadium (which is also where I was.)

I saw him as we were both walking down the ramps after the Colts won the game. He was talking on his cell phone, so I patted him on the back and gave him the thumbs-up sign as I trotted past him. He looked back at me, nodded, and smiled.
o

Why would he be asked to remove the jersey? That's fukn retarded. Most Ravens fans still revere the Baltimore Colts and Johnny Unitas.

Maybe they're just as retarded as Pats fans, I don't know.

Colts And Orioles 06-08-2018 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 69515)
o

o

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 69521)

Why would he be asked to remove the jersey? That's fukn retarded. Most Ravens fans still revere the Baltimore Colts and Johnny Unitas.

Maybe they're just as retarded as Pats fans, I don't know.

o

The only thing that I can think of is that it was a game against the Colts, and the Colts are indeed one franchise spanning 2 cities (Baltimore and Indianapolis) ...... so even though the city of Baltimore at-large always makes a big shit/stink about how unfair it is that Johnny Unitas and the other Baltimore Colts legends are in the same record books as are all of the Indianapolis Colts players and legends, they still have an aversion to seeing someone in a Colts jersey when their team is playing the Colts ...... even if it is the jersey of a player from the Baltimore Colts.

I was wearing my Earl Morrall jersey, but I am a COLTS fan first and foremost, regardless of what city and/or state that they represent. So I was glad that those jack-offs kicked Adam Jones off of their sidelines for wearing a Colts jersey ...... it gave me the unified sense of Coltsdom (1954 through the Present) that I feel in regard to my own rooting interests.

o

Chromeburn 06-08-2018 11:20 PM

Hmm I’ve had a couple good seats. Was in the owners suite for a couple colts games. Also had about row 6 50 yard line at colts. Watched Peyton rip apart the Steelers, that was a good game. Just about perfect view there.

I was courtside for the last final four in New Orleans. That was great. Had good seats for the Butler Duke championship game, can’t remember where.

Was courtside for some Clipper games, but no one cares about them.

Gonna get some Rams tickets this season. They are gonna crash and burn I bet. Tired of seeing all the fair weather Rams hats around.

Dam8610 06-09-2018 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 69531)
Hmm I’ve had a couple good seats. Was in the owners suite for a couple colts games. Also had about row 6 50 yard line at colts. Watched Peyton rip apart the Steelers, that was a good game. Just about perfect view there.

I was courtside for the last final four in New Orleans. That was great. Had good seats for the Butler Duke championship game, can’t remember where.

Was courtside for some Clipper games, but no one cares about them.

Gonna get some Rams tickets this season. They are gonna crash and burn I bet. Tired of seeing all the fair weather Rams hats around.

You think the offense will fall apart? Because I can't see that assembly of defensive talent coached by Wade Phillips failing in today's NFL. The only scenario where I could see them crashing and burning is if Goff gets hurt.

DrSpaceman 06-09-2018 01:36 PM

Back in the 1980s when the Colts and Pacers were not very good, the company my dad worked for had tickets to them and we got to use them a couple of times a year. Saw a few games at the old Hoosier Dome in one of the Suites, which isn't great seats really but a very comfortable way to watch the game. All the food you want, TVs in the suite to see everything, can sit just outside the suite to see the games.

For the Pacers, they had courtside seats, like first or second row. Never got to see anyone good though, and as stated this was back when the pacers really sucked. Mid 1980s, even pre-Reggie.

In recent years have been to Hornets games in Charlotte where I live and been not courtside but close to it, first five rows.

For the famous AFC championship games Colts and Pats, I was lower level half way up or so about the 30 yard line. Spendt$800 for one ticket. Worth every penny.

Chromeburn 06-10-2018 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 69546)
You think the offense will fall apart? Because I can't see that assembly of defensive talent coached by Wade Phillips failing in today's NFL. The only scenario where I could see them crashing and burning is if Goff gets hurt.

Free agent defensive players usually perform better than offensive. But yeah I think they brought in too many pieces. NFC teams have had a year to break them down. But they may still win the division because it doesn’t look particularly strong to me.