ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official 2017 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6360)

FatDT 04-19-2018 11:39 AM

Puck are you seriously saying Cleveland won't pick a QB with either of their picks?

rcubed 04-19-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 63508)
Dam if you were a Cleveland fan you would still want Chubb.

I think Cleveland goes Barkley with their 1st and Chubb at 4 if th Giants dont pick him.

Chubb wont be there at 6. If Ballard was all in on Chubb he wouldnt have traded out of 3.

He knows there are more needs than just one player.

If Chubb is on the board and he gets an offer to move down and pick up a couple of 1st (Buffalo) and 2nd and a 3rd in the process He will do it. It's the smart thing to do.

No one player in this draft is going to change this team. But multiple 1st 2nd and 3rd rounders will.

no way. CLE cant fuck around with the QB spot any longer. They got a competent GM now and will take QB 1 and hope barkley is there at 4.

VeveJones007 04-19-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 63521)
Puck are you seriously saying Cleveland won't pick a QB with either of their picks?

I'm hoping he meant "Darnold" and just mistakenly typed "Barkley."

In fact, the Ringer is reporting that the Browns have considered taking two QBs early (not necessarily #1 and #4, but #1 and maybe a 2).

Dam8610 04-19-2018 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 63508)
Dam if you were a Cleveland fan you would still want Chubb.

I think Cleveland goes Barkley with their 1st and Chubb at 4 if th Giants dont pick him.

Chubb wont be there at 6. If Ballard was all in on Chubb he wouldnt have traded out of 3.

He knows there are more needs than just one player.

If Chubb is on the board and he gets an offer to move down and pick up a couple of 1st (Buffalo) and 2nd and a 3rd in the process He will do it. It's the smart thing to do.

No one player in this draft is going to change this team. But multiple 1st 2nd and 3rd rounders will.

What does what I want or would hypothetically want have to do with it? Cleveland NEEDS a QB and will take one at 1 unless they really have an even grade on all of the top 3 on their board, in which case they might take Barkley at 1 like you suggest. But if you think they value Barkley highly enough to take at 1 overall, why do you then also think they would take Chubb over him if he's available at 4?

Puck 04-19-2018 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 63531)
What does what I want or would hypothetically want have to do with it? Cleveland NEEDS a QB and will take one at 1 unless they really have an even grade on all of the top 3 on their board, in which case they might take Barkley at 1 like you suggest. But if you think they value Barkley highly enough to take at 1 overall, why do you then also think they would take Chubb over him if he's available at 4?

I am saying you have tunnel vision and are set on Chubb no matter what.

Puck 04-19-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 63521)

Depends.... they could do a serious upgrade with Barkley and Chubb Ride out the QB for another yr or go with Taylor. Taylor is not a bad QB.

They will probably take a QB but you never know.... Do you think any of these QB's are sure fire superstars? Will all of them be better than Taylor?

Dam8610 04-19-2018 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 63536)
I am saying you have tunnel vision and are set on Chubb no matter what.

Which you have to know is bullshit, because I'm not advocating trading back up for him.

jchestnut31 04-19-2018 02:12 PM

Heard at lunch on Cowherd (who I can't stand) rumor is NYG will only take QB if Darnold is there. NYJ are locked in on Mayfield at 3 (with the assumption Darnold & Allen are gone).

FatDT 04-19-2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 63537)
Depends.... they could do a serious upgrade with Barkley and Chubb Ride out the QB for another yr or go with Taylor. Taylor is not a bad QB.

They will probably take a QB but you never know.... Do you think any of these QB's are sure fire superstars? Will all of them be better than Taylor?

That's not reasonable at all. The Browns are taking a QB.

VeveJones007 04-19-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchestnut31 (Post 63543)
Heard at lunch on Cowherd (who I can't stand) rumor is NYG will only take QB if Darnold is there. NYJ are locked in on Mayfield at 3 (with the assumption Darnold & Allen are gone).

I’ve heard the same from a few other places, but it all still seems highly speculative.