ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jamal Adams requesting trade away from Jets (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102764)

Brylok 06-18-2020 07:33 PM

Jamal Adams requesting trade away from Jets

Two time Pro Bowl safety Jamal Adams wants to leave the Jets. The Colts recently declined to pick up Hooker's 5th year option. I'd love to see a swap here; Hooker and a pick for Adams. I'm not sure if we could afford to pay him, but Adams would be a great addition to the secondary. Thoughts?

JAFF 06-18-2020 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 162938)
Two time Pro Bowl safety Jamal Adams wants to leave the Jets. The Colts recently declined to pick up Hooker's 5th year option. I'd love to see a swap here; Hooker and a pick for Adams. I'm not sure if we could afford to pay him, but Adams would be a great addition to the secondary. Thoughts?

It was my understanding, that Adams wants a new contract while he still has years on his rookie contract. The Colts would need to shed money, and probably a player or two, plus Hooker if the jets want him as a one year rental. Can they really spend more right now?

Brylok 06-18-2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 162940)
It was my understanding, that Adams wants a new contract while he still has years on his rookie contract. The Colts would need to shed money, and probably a player or two, plus Hooker if the jets want him as a one year rental. Can they really spend more right now?

Being that the Jets have been taking in a lot of our former players, I thought it might be possible. However, no, it won't happen. I'd love it if it did, but it won't. To be honest, I thought I'd try to strike up some conversation since this board has been dead since the draft. Oh well. Back to checking in once a week...

Dam8610 06-19-2020 11:46 AM

Quote:

I love the idea. Do the Jets? Is a centerfielder, deep coverage type safety a fit in their defense? They've taken a lot of the Colts castoffs that were here and fit better in the 3-4 scheme the Colts were running previously, and Hooker is one of those guys I think. Would, say, Hooker and a 3 be too much? Not enough?

Butter 06-19-2020 11:59 AM

Quote:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

If this is accurate they have 23 mil in cap space and I believe trading Hooker would free up 2 mil more. So probably doable, but I still doubt it happens.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 06-19-2020 01:01 PM

Quote:

It was my understanding, that Adams wants a new contract while he still has years on his rookie contract.

Jamal has reportedly stated that he would finish out his rookie contract if he is traded to a team on his preferred list. According to Schefter, the Colts are not on that list of 7 teams.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...33195125710848

Quote:

Here are the seven teams to which Jets’ Pro-Bowl safety Jamal Adams would welcome a trade, per source:
Ravens
Cowboys
Texans
Chiefs
Eagles
49ers
Seahawks

Quote:

I'm not sure if we could afford to pay him, but Adams would be a great addition to the secondary. Thoughts?

Jamal is reportedly not only wanting to be the highest paid safety in the league - but he wants to blow the top off of the safety market. He is asking for a contract in excess of $20MM/year. I know that is the opening offer and in the end he will probably settle for much less, but if the Colts offer Adams a contract even in the high teens, it will make it extremely difficult for the Colts to offer the Maniac a long term deal after his rookie contract expires.

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/stat...78364576116737

Quote:

Jamal Adams’ future contract demands loom large in trade talks. If he wants pay among top defensive players - which one source whose team has looked into Adams believes - that’s well above $20M per year, while safety market is below $15M. Tough for a SS, no matter how good.

JAFF 06-19-2020 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 162947)
Being that the Jets have been taking in a lot of our former players, I thought it might be possible. However, no, it won't happen. I'd love it if it did, but it won't. To be honest, I thought I'd try to strike up some conversation since this board has been dead since the draft. Oh well. Back to checking in once a week...

Sorry, wasnt wanting to be a killjoy

Brylok 06-20-2020 01:58 AM

[QUOTE=Jamal is reportedly not only wanting to be the highest paid safety in the league - but he wants to blow the top off of the safety market.[/QUOTE]

Ah. Fuck that. Nevermind.

Brylok 06-20-2020 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 162999)
Sorry, wasnt wanting to be a killjoy

You weren't. It's all good. Adams is a strong safety anyways and Hooker is a free safety. It just got my interest up...until I saw the wage demands and position conflict. Cheers

Brylok 06-20-2020 02:07 AM

AlwaysSunnyinIndy: sorry I didn't post your name in the reply. It's been so long I forget what I'm doing. Have a good weekend!