ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Colts moving on from Eric Fisher (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140578)

smitty46953 03-09-2022 12:31 PM

Colts moving on from Eric Fisher

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Pro-Bowl left tackle Eric Fisher is not expected to resign with the Colts despite the fact that the two sides have spent recent weeks trying to strike a new deal, per sources. Fisher now is poised to hit free agency next week.

:cool:

Armstead a target? :cool:

Brylok 03-09-2022 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 225308)

Who knows what they're doing? We should have just signed Leno from the Bears when he was available. The Colts seem to be in disarray these days, and I think the clock is ticking on Ballard and company.

rm1369 03-09-2022 01:32 PM

Armstead may be a “target”, but it is doubtful the team signs him. Ballard looks primarily for low risk deals that he can win. Armstead will draw enough interest that he won’t be interested in a short term or bargain price deal.

YDFL Commish 03-09-2022 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm1369 (Post 225317)
Armstead may be a “target”, but it is doubtful the team signs him. Ballard looks primarily for low risk deals that he can win. Armstead will draw enough interest that he won’t be interested in a short term or bargain price deal.

Irsay says all chips in, bring in Armstead and either Amari Cooper or Christian Kirk, should Cooper become available.

smitty46953 03-09-2022 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 225312)
Who knows what they're doing? We should have just signed Leno from the Bears when he was available. The Colts seem to be in disarray these days, and I think the clock is ticking on Ballard and company.

Agree 100% on Leno :cool:

JAFF 03-09-2022 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 225308)
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Pro-Bowl left tackle Eric Fisher is not expected to resign with the Colts despite the fact that the two sides have spent recent weeks trying to strike a new deal, per sources. Fisher now is poised to hit free agency next week.

:cool:

Fisher is going on the market, and will find out his value. He may be back. Not for nothing, the Colts still need to buy a Qb. Maybe thats first on their list

Butter 03-09-2022 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 225340)
Irsay says all chips in, bring in Armstead and either Amari Cooper or Christian Kirk, should Cooper become available.

He says that, but until we have a solid QB it would be stupid.

YDFL Commish 03-09-2022 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 225399)
He says that, but until we have a solid QB it would be stupid.

To a certain point I agree. But how many years of DL, Q, Defo, KM, BS, RK, can you waste? We've got to keep trying to find the immediate future.

IndyNorm 03-09-2022 08:28 PM

Makes me nervous that Ballard attempted to re-sign Fisher but was unable to and that he's going to go bargain shopping again at LT. Although it could be that Fisher is overestimating his value. Guess we'll find out.

JAFF 03-09-2022 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 225407)
Makes me nervous that Ballard attempted to re-sign Fisher but was unable to and that he's going to go bargain shopping again at LT. Although it could be that Fisher is overestimating his value. Guess we'll find out.

The colts were interested, but there are options. I think Fisher + agent will be disappointed when they go shopping