ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Who would you draft? (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96493)

Chromeburn 02-24-2020 04:42 PM

Who would you draft?

So assuming the top options at our need positions are gone (DT and WR: Brown/Kinlaw/Lamb/Jeudy, also Simmons and top three QBs are gone). Can’t trade down. Who do you draft and why? Oh and Castonzo is returning.

I think I might go Henry Ruggs. He is about to blowup at the combine and run a 4.2 40. He dropped one pass last year. And I think he might have been overshadowed by Jeudy a little. After the combine I bet they will start talking about the top WR taken being a three man race.

njcoltfan 02-24-2020 04:49 PM

Jordan Love, the Colts need a long time solution at QB and I think that’s Love.

rm1369 02-24-2020 06:07 PM

Love if the team and scouts are sold on him (I’m not but I’m not a scout). Otherwise the highest rated OT on my board. I’d love to see Braden Smith slide inside while a future replacement for AC starts at RT. I don’t like going WR at 13 - even if Jeudy or Lamb are still there. The draft is pretty deep at WR and they should be able to get good value at WR in the 2nd. Espenesa is another option if he’s there, but I’d be a little surprised if he is.

apballin 02-24-2020 06:17 PM

Bpa

YDFL Commish 02-24-2020 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 154514)

At 13? You are fuckin' carzy!

YDFL Commish 02-24-2020 08:04 PM

Maybe Chaisson or Epenesa or OT Wills. Whether or not Castonzo is coming back or not we still need to build the future and the depth of the OL.

Luck4Reich 02-24-2020 08:24 PM

I really want Kinlaw but he probably doesn't make it past the Jagoffs..

smitty46953 02-24-2020 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 154530)

Could not have said it better !!! :cool:

Chromeburn 02-24-2020 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck4Reich (Post 154532)
I really want Kinlaw but he probably doesn't make it past the Jagoffs..

They are not extending Marcel Darius.

Dewey 5 02-24-2020 09:42 PM

Quote:

I must be nuts as well because I'm all about Love

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 02-24-2020 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 154537)
They are not extending Marcel Darius.

They are the Jags, though

Dam8610 02-25-2020 12:37 AM

BPA is the best option. I don't want to risk the future of the franchise on a QB in this draft being "the guy" unless it's Burrow.

Racehorse 02-25-2020 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 154530)

Yeah, probably need to trade up if we want him.

Chromeburn 02-25-2020 09:11 AM

Here is a mock for you guys that should help. And yeah Young and Okudah are not there either. Basically no one slips to us. Try to pick a name. I Also read one article that said Epenesa was overvalued by the media and will not go as high as they say. true or not [shrug].

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/02/18/nf...rbert-chargers

rm1369 02-25-2020 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 154553)
Here is a mock for you guys that should help. And yeah Young and Okudah are not there either. Basically no one slips to us. Try to pick a name. I Also read one article that said Epenesa was overvalued by the media and will not go as high as they say. true or not [shrug].

Off that mock - Andrew Thomas. That’s assuming I can’t have Kinlaw as originally stated.

smitty46953 02-25-2020 11:32 AM

Quote:

With that draft am just fine with Kinlaw :cool:

Butter 02-25-2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 154566)
With that draft am just fine with Kinlaw :cool:

A dominate interior DL, yes, please. If he is what they say he could transform the D.

Ironshaft 02-25-2020 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 154575)
A dominate interior DL, yes, please. If he is what they say he could transform the D.

My hope is that we fill that need with one or two veteran free agents. The free agency pool is DEEP with young, talented DTs.

As for the original question, if Kinlaw is off the table (my personal fav even if we sign 2x FA DTs), then I want the best OT Colts management have rated.

If Haeg's agent is smart at all, he is going to go test the market and I am betting that someone throws low end starter money at him to see if he can start for 16 games a season.

If that is so, even with AC returning, we are now 1 injury away from our O-line being a strength to being a weakness. You can find a quality rookie OG for depth in the 4th or 5th round. You cannot find a quality rookie OT down there typically.

Even if AC returns for 2020, this might become an annual thing. I want an OT early to groom to take over at LT but as depth in case of injury. Keep the superior O-Line train rolling.

coltsballs 02-25-2020 02:53 PM

defense

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 154513)
So assuming the top options at our need positions are gone (DT and WR: Brown/Kinlaw/Lamb/Jeudy, also Simmons and top three QBs are gone). Can’t trade down. Who do you draft and why? Oh and Castonzo is returning.

I think I might go Henry Ruggs. He is about to blowup at the combine and run a 4.2 40. He dropped one pass last year. And I think he might have been overshadowed by Jeudy a little. After the combine I bet they will start talking about the top WR taken being a three man race.

select the best available then go wr in 2nd round then qb if need fits

Puck 02-25-2020 04:24 PM

Quote:

Kinlaw is there, so not sure how you are saying no one slips to us. I want Kinlaw. If he is not there then I would go Henry Ruggs, but I damn sure wouldnt draft Love

Luck4Reich 02-25-2020 08:10 PM

I saw where some retard had us trading up to 11 to take Love.... I thought taking him at 13 is stupid why the fuck would you trade up more to take him? No thanks!

smitty46953 02-25-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

I hope I am wrong if that happens, but to me;

Jordan Love = Marcus Marriota :eek:

Chromeburn 02-25-2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 154639)
Kinlaw is there, so not sure how you are saying no one slips to us. I want Kinlaw. If he is not there then I would go Henry Ruggs, but I damn sure wouldnt draft Love

It’s a hypothetical scenario. The mock is just for people to see other players available around the pick besides the ones constantly talked about on here. I would like Kinlaw too, Jeudy is 1B for me. But I don’t know if either is there when we pick.

But even if Kinlaw is gone there are still other DTs we could take later. Gallimore, Blacklock, Jordan Elliot, Marlon Davidson, Jason Strowbridge. I think all could play 3-tech effectively in our D.

nate505 02-25-2020 10:22 PM

Without having a full list of who's available, If probably pick the best rated tackle left. Might as well get the OL to super elite status and go from there.

Racehorse 02-26-2020 06:32 PM

Looking at who the top ten players are, No matter which order they are in, we will get a quality player to fall to us when the inevitable run on a position moves someone ahead of a good player. Happens every year.

Puck 02-26-2020 07:25 PM

HYPOTHETICAL

Burrows goes #1

Colts end up with the 2nd pick via trade of the 13, 34 and 44 . Again Hypothetical!

Who do you take with pick 2?

Chromeburn 02-26-2020 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 154789)
HYPOTHETICAL

Burrows goes #1

Colts end up with the 2nd pick via trade of the 13, 34 and 44 . Again Hypothetical!

Chase Young

Spike 02-27-2020 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 154791)
Chase Young

Absolutely, Chase Young.

smitty46953 02-27-2020 12:48 AM

Quote:

HYPOTHETICAL

Burrows goes #1

Tua Tagovailoa :cool:

Puck 02-27-2020 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 154804)
Tua Tagovailoa :cool:

Ok . But you would pass up the best defensive player in probably 3 yrs for a QB that may or not be injured?

Not disagreeing with any choice. Young/Tua

Just asking for reasoning

Puck 02-27-2020 01:00 AM

Was listening to Casserly today saying Young is better than_______ . basically anyone of the top defenders in the draft in basically the 2000's

Gotta say he might be right

smitty46953 02-27-2020 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 154806)
Ok . But you would pass up the best defensive player in probably 3 yrs for a QB that may or not be injured?

Yes, based on Burrow going 1.01 and a chance to get who would still be the top rated QB in this years draft if not for injury. I would go Tua, his medical reports at combine have been excellent and could be our franchise QB for years. Even if he sits behind Brissett/Rivers/? for a year. Would love to have Young but in my opinion a franchise QB is a must in this league. If don't go with Tua be in same position in a year or two looking for a QB while our roster ages. Spend money on the D in free agency. Just my thoughts :cool:

Hoopsdoc 02-27-2020 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 154806)

Always take the quarterback if you don’t have one. You can win Super Bowls without a great defensive end but not without a great quarterback.

Luck4Reich 02-27-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 154823)
Always take the quarterback if you don’t have one. You can win Super Bowls without a great defensive end but not without a great quarterback.

Only problem with that statement is that Joe Flacco.. Brad Johnson... Trent Dilfer... Nick Foles.. Jeff Hostetler to name a few have won SB and I doubt anyone would call these guys a Great QB.

That said I hope we find our next great QB soon.:cool:

rm1369 02-27-2020 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 154823)

For the most part I’d agree - as long as you have an extremely high confidence in their abilities as a franchise guy. I don’t think that you take “the best” QB available over the can’t miss DE though. I have enough question marks about Tua (especially health) and Hebert that I’d lean towards Young if given the choice between them. If it was Luck or PM level QB prospect then I absolutely agree.

Luck4Reich 02-27-2020 10:35 AM

Chase Young on our Defense is exciting to think about.

CanuckColt 02-27-2020 12:33 PM

Quote:

Nonsense!

Dam8610 02-27-2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

HYPOTHETICAL

Burrows goes #1

Unless they sign Bridgewater and Ballard expresses that he believes in Bridgewater as a franchise QB, I'd have to go with Tua. Chase Young is tempting, but a franchise QB is the most important piece.

Chromeburn 02-27-2020 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck4Reich (Post 154826)
Only problem with that statement is that Joe Flacco.. Brad Johnson... Trent Dilfer... Nick Foles.. Jeff Hostetler to name a few have won SB and I doubt anyone would call these guys a Great QB.

That said I hope we find our next great QB soon.:cool:

True those guys are outliers. But Flacco, Foles played at a championship level and raised their game. Dilfer and Johnson had HOF defenses and were very solid in those years. Giants had Lawrence Taylor, got hot at the right time and was pretty lucky as well. So I don't think any of those guys dispprove what he said.

High level QB play compensates for a lot of flaws. I just don't know who the best QB will be out of this group. Glad I don't have to decide. But I do think Chase Young can be a Von Miller type player. Young is certainly the safe choice.

Puck 02-27-2020 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 154842)
Unless they sign Bridgewater and Ballard expresses that he believes in Bridgewater as a franchise QB, I'd have to go with Tua. Chase Young is tempting, but a franchise QB is the most important piece.

I still don't get the love for Bridgewater. I'd take Jalen Hurts in the 2nd or 3rd before I would sign Bridgewater, and he will be better.