ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pay JT! (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167422)

Spike 09-11-2023 10:59 AM

Pay JT!

I've completely changed my mind on JT.

Pay the man, IF HE IS HEALTHY.

Not that I agree with how JT and his agent have gone about this whole fiasco, but pay him for AR's sake.

Ballard has shit the bed on weapons for AR, so now the Colts should pay the price for JT to help him.

The running backs we had against the Jags may be the worst in the league. Jackson should have been cut this morning.

Doesn't really help that this overpaid, overhyped o-line sucks.

I don't dislike Ballard, but I don't necessarily like him either. He's just meh to me.

ChoppedWood 09-11-2023 11:12 AM

I'm in the opposite camp. Ravens for example could be desperate now. Miami looks like a super bowl contender, he could put them atop the AFC.

Now is the time to strike, get a windfall. Throw the ball around the yard developing AR and go into next year with the draft assets to load up at WR and RB both.

Oldcolt 09-11-2023 11:23 AM

Either approach makes sense to me. I would rather sign him and play him with the Colts. We are desperate for explosive plays and he (if healthy) gives us that.

ChoppedWood 09-11-2023 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 274130)
Either approach makes sense to me. I would rather sign him and play him with the Colts. We are desperate for explosive plays and he (if healthy) gives us that.

My issue is why? If we bring him back, we probably go from 4 wins tops, to 6, maybe 7, which could have a big negative impact on draft capital.

This team needs a LOT of high end talent on the offensive end, in my view playing JT this year only hampers the ability to acquire that talent.

ChoppedWood 09-11-2023 11:30 AM

The other piece of this. AR clearly needs MORE reps. With this RB crew, you tell them their only job is to protect his ass and you design a game plan that is
15 runs
40 passes

If you bring JT back you know that run count is gonna push 20-25 per and thus reducing his attempts per game.

Let the kid throw the damn ball, dgaf about his INT count this year, could be 50 and as long as he is being asked to stand back there and let it rip and isn't getting killed, so he can learn, so be it.

Oldcolt 09-11-2023 11:53 AM

My why is because he is a physical freak that will be hard, if not near impossible , to duplicate. Second I don’t want to see two high safeties all year, I think that will stifle both AR’s and Pierce’s development (I’m not sure it will help with Pierce but it cannot hurt). Your points as to why we should trade him are spot on, I think there are two sides and it isn’t an easy choice.

Brylok 09-11-2023 11:54 AM

Fuck Jonathan Taylor. Dude walked out on his team and fans. Colts should have waived him.

Spike 09-11-2023 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 274136)
Fuck Jonathan Taylor. Dude walked out on his team and fans. Colts should have waived him.

My concern is for AR, not JT.

Brylok 09-11-2023 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 274142)

I feel you, but we can't pay Taylor $16+M/year. Just can't.
Different subject: how about Trevor Lawrence telling Richardson to protect himself better? I like Lawrence a lot. He looks like a pretty boy douchebag, but I like him. Too bad he's a Jag.

Spike 09-11-2023 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 274146)
Different subject: how about Trevor Lawrence telling Richardson to protect himself better? I like Lawrence a lot. He looks like a pretty boy douchebag, but I like him. Too bad he's a Jag.

First I heard this. Classy thing from Trevor! I like the guy too.

Contrary to what Dam believes about him, I was sick when the Jags drafted him.

omahacolt 09-11-2023 01:37 PM

Quote:

thats absurd

omahacolt 09-11-2023 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 274146)

pretty boy?

dude is ugly as piss

ChaosTheory 09-11-2023 02:03 PM

JT would be nice to have. A nice haul from an overpaying trade partner would also be nice. Both are better than him wasting his and the team's time.

But I'll be pissed if they reward him with a dumb deal or settle for less than they should in a trade. I'm relatively confident that won't happen as it's against their nature.

Main thing, though... JT likely wouldn't have fared much better yesterday. Hopefully AR develops and forces the D to loosen up. Also, they'll need time to adjust to this scheme as well as hit their natural stride in the season, which happens every year...

Jonathan Taylor in the first three games of 2021:

17att, 56yds, 0tds
15att, 51yds, 0tds
10att, 64yds, 0tds

Then he took off. Don't panic yet.

Spike 09-11-2023 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 274160)
JT would be nice to have. A nice haul from an overpaying trade partner would also be nice. Both are better than him wasting his and the team's time.

But I'll be pissed if they reward him with a dumb deal or settle for less than they should in a trade. I'm relatively confident that won't happen as it's against their nature.

Main thing, though... JT likely wouldn't have fared much better yesterday. Hopefully AR develops and forces the D to loosen up. Also, they'll need time to adjust to this scheme as well as hit their natural stride in the season, which happens every year...

Jonathan Taylor in the first three games of 2021:

17att, 56yds, 0tds
15att, 51yds, 0tds
10att, 64yds, 0tds

Then he took off. Don't panic yet.

Jackson had 13 carries for 14 yards and fumbled twice. I will panic if they keep playing this hack.

25 total yards from the 3 backs pretty much sucks ass.

ChaosTheory 09-11-2023 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 274165)
Jackson had 13 carries for 14 yards and fumbled twice. I will panic if they keep playing this hack.

25 total yards from the 3 backs pretty much sucks ass.

It was bad. That's worse I think I've seen from him. But our top 2 guys were unavailable and the hopeful rookie went out and promptly got hurt as well.

Other factors contributed. I just don't think JT being in there and getting 45-50yds would make you feel any better.

JAFF 09-11-2023 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 274142)

If the colts can run the ball with JT, it gives AR some cover, the opposition has another problem.

Spike 09-11-2023 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 274167)
It was bad. That's worse I think I've seen from him. But our top 2 guys were unavailable and the hopeful rookie went out and promptly got hurt as well.

Other factors contributed. I just don't think JT being in there and getting 45-50yds would make you feel any better.

It's not about me feeling better, it's about AR feeling better.

JT changes the dynamics of the offense and I think AR would feel a whole lot better with JT in there. None of those backs we had put any fear into the defense whatsoever. Outside of Pittman, what other offensive weapons do we have?

JT is a stud when healthy and the 3 backs we had in vs. the Jags are practice squad guys at best.

ChaosTheory 09-11-2023 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 274169)
It's not about me feeling better, it's about AR feeling better.

JT changes the dynamics of the offense and I think AR would feel a whole lot better with JT in there. None of those backs we had put any fear into the defense whatsoever. Outside of Pittman, what other offensive weapons do we have?

JT is a stud when healthy and the 3 backs we had in vs. the Jags are practice squad guys at best.

Sure, I meant "you" as a euphemism, not you personally. I'm not arguing that JT would be an improvement. I've always acknowledged what he brings. I just think there's more to this early performance and it's going to take time regardless. Rookie HC, rookie QB, new scheme, lots of injuries.

As for our weapons... I'm not down on them like some guys are. I think Moss is a good back, I like our young TE's (Granson, Woods, and Ogletree), and I still like Pierce's potential along with Josh Downs.

As AR develops, things will look better across the board.

Hoopsdoc 09-11-2023 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 274132)
My issue is why? If we bring him back, we probably go from 4 wins tops, to 6, maybe 7, which could have a big negative impact on draft capital.

This team needs a LOT of high end talent on the offensive end, in my view playing JT this year only hampers the ability to acquire that talent.

This.

If JT isn’t in your long term plans, then nothing that happened yesterday should change that. You don’t cave to Taylor because Deon Jackson had an awful game. That’s not how good organizations operate.

Plus, we’re not winning anything WITH Taylor. Not this year.

Brylok 09-11-2023 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 274157)
pretty boy?

dude is ugly as piss

The flowing locks though!

Brylok 09-11-2023 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 274150)
First I heard this. Classy thing from Trevor! I like the guy too.

Contrary to what Dam believes about him, I was sick when the Jags drafted him.

I think it was on the early show with Kevin Bowen. They had the audio. I assume it's on the podcast.

Racehorse 09-11-2023 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 274186)
The flowing locks though!

Those flowing locks seem chopped off weirdly to me.

Kray007 09-11-2023 05:15 PM

Quote:

Teams and players get involved with salary disputes all the time. Sometimes, they get ugly. I don’t like the way Taylor has gone about this, but, if I’m the GM, I don’t trade my best Offensive player for a bag of balls.

CletusPyle 09-11-2023 07:59 PM

Zach Moss and Evan Hull could make us forget about JT! Not sure if JT has hired a gypsy to put hexes on all our RBs or not, but if those two get healthy the Colts will be just fine with or without JT!

Racehorse 09-11-2023 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CletusPyle (Post 274228)
Zach Moss and Evan Hull could make us forget about JT! Not sure if JT has hired a gypsy to put hexes on all our RBs or not, but if those two get healthy the Colts will be just fine with or without JT!

I hope you are right, but Taylor is a special RB...when healthy.

Butter 09-11-2023 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CletusPyle (Post 274228)

I doubt it, I think they could be fine, but JT is much better if he returns to health. I still don't want to pay him what he is rumored to want.

Oldcolt 09-12-2023 08:52 AM

I agree he is asking for a lot. Most of us would be fine with 12 million but think 16 million is to much. In this league 4 million is next to nothing, I personally am caring less and less how much of Jim's money JT gets.

Chromeburn 09-12-2023 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 274275)
I agree he is asking for a lot. Most of us would be fine with 12 million but think 16 million is to much. In this league 4 million is next to nothing, I personally am caring less and less how much of Jim's money JT gets.

12 is essentially the franchise tag price.

Oldcolt 09-12-2023 02:26 PM

Yes it is and everyone would be happy with that as his salary next year. With a cap of 225 million (224.8) is it really worth it to lose the only explosive player (besides AR) we have on offense? To me it isn't so much about the running back position (but on that front it sure would have been nice to actually have a chance at running out the clock) but about where are you going to get explosive offensive plays from. Don't let pride get in the way of this boys, that's on both sides.

CletusPyle 09-12-2023 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 274311)
Yes it is and everyone would be happy with that as his salary next year. With a cap of 225 million (224.8) is it really worth it to lose the only explosive player (besides AR) we have on offense? To me it isn't so much about the running back position (but on that front it sure would have been nice to actually have a chance at running out the clock) but about where are you going to get explosive offensive plays from. Don't let pride get in the way of this boys, that's on both sides.

I still think they trade him...not sure if the relationship can be healed at this point?

YDFL Commish 09-12-2023 04:43 PM

I'm on the fence on this one. Pay him so we can win just enough to fall out of the MHJ sweepstakes or trade him to ensure we have the draft capital to ensure that we get MHJ?

Although with JT and MHJ with Richardson, we would have our triplets.

Colts And Orioles 09-12-2023 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CletusPyle (Post 274316)

I still think that they trade him ...... l I'm not sure if the relationship can be healed at this point ???

o

In the world of professional sports, you'd be surprised at what can be healed with some money and some hunger for recognition.

o

Colts And Orioles 09-25-2023 01:08 PM

o

The concentration and coordination on this TD-catch by Zack Moss was exemplary.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1706003532619325706

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...size=500%2C350

o

CletusPyle 09-25-2023 03:46 PM

It's time for Ballard to earn his money and get this JT situation resolved now!

JAFF 09-25-2023 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CletusPyle (Post 276277)

It takes 2 for a deal. JT needs to pass a physical. Remember, the is a salary cap.

Butter 09-26-2023 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CletusPyle (Post 276277)

Shit take, after watching Moss go off JT needs to stop being a bitch and earn the contract he still has, then when can talk about a new one.

CletusPyle 09-26-2023 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 276446)
Shit take, after watching Moss go off JT needs to stop being a bitch and earn the contract he still has, then when can talk about a new one.

I didn't say anything about an extension...I am saying that he needs to get this resolved. If JT comes back in week 5 we need him committed to this team! A healthy and happy JT can take this team to the playoffs, Ballard should be able to sit down with him and sell him on the idea that playing this season all out for the Colts is in his best interest. If he cannot get him to buy in, then trade his ass, but just having him pouting on the sidelines is going to be bad for this team!

Indystu2 09-26-2023 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CletusPyle (Post 276449)
I didn't say anything about an extension...I am saying that he needs to get this resolved. If JT comes back in week 5 we need him committed to this team! A healthy and happy JT can take this team to the playoffs, Ballard should be able to sit down with him and sell him on the idea that playing this season all out for the Colts is in his best interest. If he cannot get him to buy in, then trade his ass, but just having him pouting on the sidelines is going to be bad for this team!

Agreed. If he comes back and he is not 100% on board, he is more harm than good. We do not need a cancer in the locker room. I want him back, I want him to be all in, I want him to add to the crazy chemistry this team has right now.

Oldcolt 09-27-2023 07:07 AM

Not worried about JT being a locker room cancer for several reasons. Big one is Steichen. Dude would not put up with it. Another is that this is now ARs team, not his. Third reason is that we are winning. People are happy and upbeat on the team. One guy is incapable of screwing this up (last year was a different animal). On top of that I just don’t see JT trying to do that. His only play is to come back with a vengeance and show he is the same back he used to be.

Ironshaft 09-27-2023 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 276457)
His only play is to come back with a vengeance and show he is the same back he used to be.

To be accurate, his only GOOD play is to come back with a vengeance and show he is the samke back he used to be.

He has many, many BAD plays to make if he so chooses. And life has taught me that folks often choose bad plays over good plays.