ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   **The official Colts vs Tank-a-thon draft order on the Bye week** (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155576)

Puck 12-11-2022 02:20 PM

**The official Colts vs Tank-a-thon draft order on the Bye week**

Who do we need to win today?

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Colts And Orioles 12-11-2022 02:35 PM

o

Although this thread is specifically about today's games which do not involve the Colts, the overall implication is to be rooting for the Colts to lose the rest of their games this season. And I'm not necessarily saying that Puck himself has that in mind, but that is the overriding implication. It's not in my DNA to root against the Colts, under any circumstances ...... I once tried to, and it lasted for about 5 minutes.

o

Puck 12-11-2022 02:51 PM

I am not rooting against the Colts just being realistic We have the Vikings, Chargers Giants and Texans. I see maybe one win to finish 5-11-1.

The Bears have the number two pick right now. And even though they have Fields They would be in position to draft a QB.

So my thoughts and hopes are that Ballard can package some player that Eberflus may like for Fields and be able to keep our draft pick for Oline help DE help and a WR Then Eberflus could draft HIS QB

I know its a long shot. But sending Leonard Moore and maybe Rogers or Blackmon. may be interesting to him

nate505 12-11-2022 03:58 PM

I'm watching other teams play and I'm super jealous.

When their QBs get blitzed, they seem competent enough to dump the ball off to a RB to get yards. It's like nothing I've ever seen.

Well nothing I've ever seen when the Colts play. It's something nearly every other fucking team can do on a whim.

TheMugwump 12-11-2022 04:17 PM

Jags and Texans are winning. That's potentially good for draft position, if we're going there.

TheMugwump 12-11-2022 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 253653)
I am not rooting against the Colts just being realistic We have the Vikings, Chargers Giants and Texans. I see maybe one win to finish 5-11-1.

The Bears have the number two pick right now. And even though they have Fields They would be in position to draft a QB.

So my thoughts and hopes are that Ballard can package some player that Eberflus may like for Fields and be able to keep our draft pick for Oline help DE help and a WR Then Eberflus could draft HIS QB

I know its a long shot. But sending Leonard Moore and maybe Rogers or Blackmon. may be interesting to him

I don't think there is a QB in this draft that the Bears (or anyone) would prefer to Fields, and I personally don't like Fields. Get the best player other than a QB this year, and then hope to suck next year and get Caleb Williams. He is the closest thing to Mahomes that has played college ball in the past six or seven years.

Chromeburn 12-11-2022 04:40 PM

Texans beating Dallas

Jags spanking the Titans

Lov2fish 12-11-2022 06:47 PM

Jagoffs and Detroit win. Carolina currently winning. All positives.

IndyNorm 12-11-2022 07:39 PM

The Niners are skull fucking the shit out of Tommy Boy and the Bucs. So that's obviously another good thing.

Spike 12-11-2022 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 253715)
The Niners are skull fucking the shit out of Tommy Boy and the Bucs. So that's obviously another good thing.

And Tommy Boy is consistently bitching to the refs. Never seen a pussy like Brady at the QB position ever.

IndyNorm 12-11-2022 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 253719)
And Tommy Boy is consistently bitching to the refs. Never seen a pussy like Brady at the QB position ever.

No doubt. Anytime the refs aren't pretty much just handing his team the game he turns into a total bitchfest.

JAFF 12-11-2022 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 253724)
No doubt. Anytime the refs aren't pretty much just handing his team the game he turns into a total bitchfest.

Cramps, bad day for cramps

Chromeburn 12-11-2022 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lov2fish (Post 253708)
Jagoffs and Detroit win. Carolina currently winning. All positives.

We want to stay above Carolina if we want any kind of choice in the QBs. The owner said that Levis was an intriguing prospect the other day.

Dam8610 12-12-2022 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 253732)
We want to stay above Carolina if we want any kind of choice in the QBs. The owner said that Levis was an intriguing prospect the other day.

I'll reserve my final judgement for later, but based on what I've seen so far, they can have Levis. If the Texans are stupid enough to pass on Bryce, find a way to get him, he's the next Russell Wilson (prime version not current version). Haven't watched enough Stroud yet to form an opinion.

Lov2fish 12-12-2022 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 253753)
I'll reserve my final judgement for later, but based on what I've seen so far, they can have Levis. If the Texans are stupid enough to pass on Bryce, find a way to get him, he's the next Russell Wilson (prime version not current version). Haven't watched enough Stroud yet to form an opinion.

If you endorsed him, bring on Levis.

YDFL Commish 12-12-2022 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 253753)

What is it that you don't like about Levis?

bigalbert 12-12-2022 01:14 PM

The Dolphins blitzed Herbert over 50% of the time last night and he made them pay a lot. Never got shook. Moved brilliantly in the pocket and threw great balls. If that was Ryan last night he gets sacked at least 5 times maybe more. Watching these other games made me realize how bad we are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colts And Orioles 12-12-2022 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigalbert (Post 253790)

The Dolphins blitzed Herbert over 50% of the time last night and he made them pay a lot. Never got shook. Moved brilliantly in the pocket and threw great balls. If that was Ryan last night he gets sacked at least 5 times maybe more. Watching these other games made me realize how bad we are.

o

Yes, and no.

The Colts have been the weirdest team in football since Andrew Luck's final season with the team in 2018, and this 2022 team is no exception.

The Eagles and the Chiefs are arguably the 2 best teams in the NFL. The Colts beat the Chiefs, and barely lost to the Eagles ...... but then got hammered by a solid-but-not spectacular Cowboys team by a score of 54-19.

The Eagles, who barely beat the Colts with a late and furious 4th-quarter rally, absolutely annihilated a pretty solid Giants team yesterday by a score of 48-22.

o

Lov2fish 12-12-2022 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 253774)

Watch some film on Levis. Kid recognizes blitzes faster than any college QB coming out. He can run, albeit not his strong suit. Good arm, can throw a guy open. Strong kid that is hard to bring down. He will throw it away and live to play another down. Not much to not like about him. People soured on him this year cause his numbers were not spectacular, but half the team he had for a couple years is long gone. He still had an above average year with pedestrian talent around him. If he is there, we take him. If we are within striking distance we trade and move up.

ChaosTheory 12-12-2022 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 253792)
o

Yes, and no.

The Colts have been the weirdest team in football since Andrew Luck's final season with the team in 2018, and this 2022 team is no exception.

The Eagles and the Chiefs are arguably the 2 best teams in the NFL. The Colts beat the Chiefs, and barely lost to the Eagles ...... but then got hammered by a solid-but-not spectacular Cowboys team by a score of 54-19.

The Eagles, who barely beat the Colts with a late and furious 4th-quarter rally, absolutely annihilated a pretty solid Giants team yesterday by a score of 48-22.

o

Eagles have averaged 41pts/gm the past three weeks after the Colts held them to 17. Chiefs, too. Both teams are averaging 30/gm. What a waste.

Off the top of my head, I know we won the turnover battle in those games, which is rare. I might look up the numbers later because I'm curious what our scoring D might look like without the avalanche of turnovers.

For example, we went from 20pts/gm which might've been top 10 all the way to 23pts/gm after that single Cowboys debacle. The D will take the hit on the stat sheet, but we all watched our offense hamstring and demoralize them.

omahacolt 12-12-2022 06:40 PM

Solid B on the title

hard to get an A on the bye week

YDFL Commish 12-12-2022 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lov2fish (Post 253794)
Watch some film on Levis. Kid recognizes blitzes faster than any college QB coming out. He can run, albeit not his strong suit. Good arm, can throw a guy open. Strong kid that is hard to bring down. He will throw it away and live to play another down. Not much to not like about him. People soured on him this year cause his numbers were not spectacular, but half the team he had for a couple years is long gone. He still had an above average year with pedestrian talent around him. If he is there, we take him. If we are within striking distance we trade and move up.

I have watched a ton of stuff on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mEYf4kNI7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jkq6Oa3w7E

So far, very early into it, but Levis is my guy. Kind of Jay Cutler/Josh Allen type player.

I say Cutler, because Cutler also wasn't as highly thought of because he played on a team that couldn't protect him and had no weapons. Also because Levis at times trusts his rocket arm too much.

The Josh Allen comp is more in play style and toughness.

From reports I've heard, the kid is a super hard worker as well.

apballin 12-12-2022 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 253833)
I have watched a ton of stuff on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mEYf4kNI7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jkq6Oa3w7E

So far, very early into it, but Levis is my guy. Kind of Jay Cutler/Josh Allen type player.

I say Cutler, because Cutler also wasn't as highly thought of because he played on a team that couldn't protect him and had no weapons. Also because Levis at times trusts his rocket arm too much.

The Josh Allen comp is more in play style and toughness.

From reports I've heard, the kid is a super hard worker as well.

Block out the names and compare the scouting reports on Levi’s and Wentz

Sounds like exact same guy

Lov2fish 12-12-2022 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 253835)

Wentz has every tangible you can ask for in a QB except one, the 8 inches between his ears. That is where the comparisons will end.

YDFL Commish 12-12-2022 08:09 PM

Quote:

Probably a fair comparison. I just think that Levis might be more mentally tough than Wentz. Also he's had a lot of time under center running pro schemes.

apballin 12-12-2022 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 253840)
Probably a fair comparison. I just think that Levis might be more mentally tough than Wentz. Also he's had a lot of time under center running pro schemes.

I just don’t wanna get excited about any QB because there’s no telling what Irsay will do

Dam8610 12-13-2022 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 253774)

Honestly, instead of giving a half baked opinion, I went and watched him first, because my first impressions of Young and Stroud were way off base. I would take either to build a franchise around after watching several games of both. I can't say the same about Levis. He has an NFL arm for sure, but he also has just about all of the worst traits we've seen from Carson Wentz and Matt Ryan the last two seasons. Inconsistent ball placement and accuracy, doesn't seem to know when not to throw his fastball, poor pocket awareness, frequently misses open reads, and poor ball security, especially in the red zone.

Discflinger 12-15-2022 02:53 AM

I told Jimmy that Chris stays. I think he hit on the draft picks, though we can all agree that Matt left us on ice. Who’s call was that? He may not even be on staff any longer. Sure, it was Ballard to concrete the obvious fall, but we all know how Frank can swing and miss on a QB.

ChoppedWood 12-15-2022 09:31 AM

Quote:

This write up- is stomach churning... if this happens, we are so completely fucked...

Jordan Prather-USA TODAY Sports

I’ve resisted putting Levis in this range because I don’t think he’s a first-round prospect, but I get the strong feeling that plenty of teams in the NFL will disagree. Though he struggled with consistency, accuracy and decision-making again this year, Levis has the physical traits, toughness and competitiveness to bait a team into a top-10 pick.

ChaosTheory 12-15-2022 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 254051)
This write up- is stomach churning... if this happens, we are so completely fucked...

Jordan Prather-USA TODAY Sports

I’ve resisted putting Levis in this range because I don’t think he’s a first-round prospect, but I get the strong feeling that plenty of teams in the NFL will disagree. Though he struggled with consistency, accuracy and decision-making again this year, Levis has the physical traits, toughness and competitiveness to bait a team into a top-10 pick.

The Josh Allen caliber of prize is why teams will go after a guy with those blue traits even if they are lacking those red traits. Even though I think that lacking those red traits will more often lead to a Wentz type guy... Allen proves that you can potentially coach some of that into a QB. You can't coach those blue traits.

And a guy with the red traits might be able to overcome his lacking in blue traits to an extent. So you have better odds but maybe a lower ceiling with a guy like that.

Lov2fish 12-15-2022 03:03 PM

Irsay will draft a QB that stays in the pocket more than he breaks out of it. Just the nature of his era of football. Unitas, Jones, Manning, Harbaugh & Luck. Although the last two would run, it was preferred they didn't unless it was only option. As long as Irsay is owner of this team you are never going to see the proverbial running style QB. This is just my opinion.

YDFL Commish 12-15-2022 03:27 PM

BTW, the Colts worked out CFL QB Nathan Rourke recently.

https://horseshoeheroes.com/2022/12/...rback-workout/

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/nathan...1-bdba9a2e9d48

JAFF 12-15-2022 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 254056)
The Josh Allen caliber of prize is why teams will go after a guy with those blue traits even if they are lacking those red traits. Even though I think that lacking those red traits will more often lead to a Wentz type guy... Allen proves that you can potentially coach some of that into a QB. You can't coach those blue traits.

And a guy with the red traits might be able to overcome his lacking in blue traits to an extent. So you have better odds but maybe a lower ceiling with a guy like that.

Josh Allen had all the skills out of HS, he was a three sport athlete, buy was from a small town in central California. He didnt have time to do all the camps and other stuff one sport athletes do to get recruited. He was a top achiever in FFA. I personally think he spent so much time in FFA, because chicks dig corduroy.

All the clues were there, to the college scouts, and the pro scouts. He had the brain and body for football, so many smart guys missed the most important item. Every thing he did he did well. Ability + intelligence is hard to beat

Puck 12-15-2022 04:51 PM

Hendon Hooker might/should be available with our 2nd pick

I don't get the hype with these top guys. I certainly don'r see the hype on Young.

He wouldn't last 3 plays behind this oline.

He's too small. Won't translate well in the NFL. I see a very short career

He is smaller than Tua and not that much bigger than TY or Tyreek Hill

No thanks

Racehorse 12-15-2022 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 254091)
Hendon Hooker might/should be available with our 2nd pick

I don't get the hype with these top guys. I certainly don'r see the hype on Young.

He wouldn't last 3 plays behind this oline.

He's too small. Won't translate well in the NFL. I see a very short career

He is smaller than Tua and not that much bigger than TY or Tyreek Hill

No thanks

Not sold on Hooker, but the last time we took a guy from Tennessee, it worked out pretty well for us.

Lov2fish 12-15-2022 07:09 PM

Has Will Rogers declared, or is he staying in school for his final year?

apballin 12-15-2022 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lov2fish (Post 254078)
Irsay will draft a QB that stays in the pocket more than he breaks out of it. Just the nature of his era of football. Unitas, Jones, Manning, Harbaugh & Luck. Although the last two would run, it was preferred they didn't unless it was only option. As long as Irsay is owner of this team you are never going to see the proverbial running style QB. This is just my opinion.

If that’s the case we are doomed because the days of the pocket passer are over, the defenses are too fast and are allowed to play way more aggressively than in recent years… you have to be able to buy time or run for yards as a QB now

Lov2fish 12-15-2022 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 254115)
If that’s the case we are doomed because the days of the pocket passer are over, the defenses are too fast and are allowed to play way more aggressively than in recent years… you have to be able to buy time or run for yards as a QB now

You're not wrong. I was just saying why I think we don't see that type of QB drafted here. I think it is more nostalgia for Irsay. Again just spit balling

Puck 12-18-2022 06:09 PM

It is possible that we would own the 4th pick by the time the games are finished on Monday night. Need Arizona and Rams to win

Chromeburn 12-18-2022 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lov2fish (Post 254078)

I think it will depend on who the next coach and OC are somewhat. Ballard will make his recommendations on what they prefer. I think Irsay just wants certain character traits. Type A personality and character that will appeal to the pansy-sensitive local media. Aw shucks demeanor around the camera.