ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   With no sports for now, what's good on Netflix? (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97644)

omahacolt 05-13-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierinFL (Post 160902)
I just watched Picard. Holy shit its the greatest thing I've seen in years. I was skeptical at first but I think it had a great wrapup that finally made it "feel" like Star Trek. One minor complaint, but its a spoiler.

Star Trek is gay

Chromeburn 05-13-2020 11:32 AM

Zero zero zero is a series about a drug shipment crossing the world. It’s pretty good and on prime.

JAFF 05-13-2020 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 161229)
Star Trek is gay

Right up your “alley”.

HoosierinFL 05-13-2020 07:00 PM

Yes Star Trek is gay. In Picard, the big spoiler is that Picard and Data were buggering each other secretly the whole time.

In other news
I just watched that The Color of out Space movie.
I don't know what the fucking shit that was all about it, but it was crazy weird in a good way. Reminded me of some of the weird psych-out supernatural horror from the 80s, like Phantasm and stuff like that. Just weird, creepy and fucked up.

Racehorse 05-13-2020 09:02 PM

If you don't mind subtitles, Rise of the Phoenixes is very good.

Chromeburn 05-14-2020 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierinFL (Post 161273)
Yes Star Trek is gay. In Picard, the big spoiler is that Picard and Data were buggering each other secretly the whole time.

In other news
I just watched that The Color of out Space movie.
I don't know what the fucking shit that was all about it, but it was crazy weird in a good way. Reminded me of some of the weird psych-out supernatural horror from the 80s, like Phantasm and stuff like that. Just weird, creepy and fucked up.

It’s based on a Lovecraft short story if that helps explain the weirdness.

Chromeburn 05-17-2020 11:46 AM

On Hulu there is a mock documentary or satire called the CSA confederate states of America about the confederate states winning the civil war. Kind of like the man in the high castle, it is set in an alternate universe and depicts an alternate history. Funny, sometimes chilling, and well thought out. It depicts an America that never entered WW2 and become friends with the Nazi's. Legalized slavery and went to war with South America. Where Canada is the bastion of freedom, human rights, and progress..

Brylok 05-17-2020 05:38 PM

I watched a good show a while back called Deutschland '83. It's about a young East German army officer who is assigned to join the West German army and act as a spy. The Soviets think the west is going to attack them because of Operation Abel Archer (a real event in 1983 that almost started a nuclear war). It's really interesting, but it's in German with subtitles, and I'm not sure where you can find it nowdays.

Chaka 05-20-2020 01:54 AM

Black Mirror (Netflix) - Lots of shows say this, but this really is a worthy heir to Twilight Zone made for those in the internet/iPhone age. Mostly dark but thoughtful takes on technology. Some of the episodes are true classics that stick with you long after you've finished watching.

Dam8610 05-20-2020 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaka (Post 161586)
Black Mirror (Netflix) - Lots of shows say this, but this really is a worthy heir to Twilight Zone made for those in the internet/iPhone age. Mostly dark but thoughtful takes on technology. Some of the episodes are true classics that stick with you long after you've finished watching.

Have they made a Season 5?