ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anthony Castonzo Retiring? (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93127)

Brylok 02-25-2020 12:44 PM

Ballard is addressing the media right now and has confirmed the return.

Racehorse 02-25-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 154577)
Ballard is addressing the media right now and has confirmed the return.

Time to change the thread title to Returning!!!

Butter 02-25-2020 01:41 PM

That is a relief,

Discflinger 02-25-2020 02:23 PM

Still love to draft a T high(2 or 3), put him at RT, allowing Braden to serve RG/T depth.

Maniac 02-25-2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discflinger (Post 154610)
Still love to draft a T high(2 or 3), put him at RT, allowing Braden to serve RG/T depth.

too many other needs. They can address it late, but not a high pick hopefully.

Chromeburn 02-25-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discflinger (Post 154610)

I like Smith there. I think he did a good job. I would rather upgrade the LG position which is easier to do than find a RT.

Butter 02-25-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 154626)
I like Smith there. I think he did a good job. I would rather upgrade the LG position which is easier to do than find a RT.

The only way I go T now is one we can develop to eventually replace AC since it sounds like we are looking year to year with him now.

rm1369 02-25-2020 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 154627)
The only way I go T now is one we can develop to eventually replace AC since it sounds like we are looking year to year with him now.

OT is still 3rd on the priority list for me at 13 - behind QB and DT.

Puck 02-25-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 154626)

I assume you meant RG

Chaka 02-25-2020 05:01 PM

Interesting development. Makes me wonder what would motivate Castonzo to first float the idea of a retirement, and then decide to return, but only on a year-to-year basis. Trying to read the tea leaves here.

Maybe it's as simple as a desire to earn a few more bucks before retirement, but I have to think that the Colts made some sort of sales pitch to him to convince him to return. If so, what would that pitch have been? We're planning on drafting a developmental QB and you can block for him? I wouldn't think that would be too enticing unless he gets paid really well. We're planning on bringing in a proven vet QB and will have a legit shot at the playoffs? Seems more appealing.

So, do you think this moves the needle closer to the possibility of bringing in a vet QB? Or do you think it's more simple, and just about Castonzo not being ready to let the game go so deciding to play one more season?