ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official 2024 Colts FA Signings (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178249)

ChaosTheory 03-21-2024 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 294563)
This is a good point. Maybe he can get back to his level of play in '21 under Sparano.

Which would be fine for depth.

I would think, given the improvement shown by largely the same personnel on the OL, that Pinter would've looked much better in '23 than the last time we saw him play.

That said, while several guys had a down year in '22, Pinter was one of the egregiously bad performers. Hopefully that was an anomaly for him like it was for the other guys.

IndyNorm 03-21-2024 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 294600)
Which would be fine for depth.

I would think, given the improvement shown by largely the same personnel on the OL, that Pinter would've looked much better in '23 than the last time we saw him play.

That said, while several guys had a down year in '22, Pinter was one of the egregiously bad performers. Hopefully that was an anomaly for him like it was for the other guys.

Pinter was god awful at OG in '22. Basically showed that he had no business playing the position. He was better after being moved back to OC, but he still wasn't good. Guessing they're bringing him back to compete w/ French as Kelly's backup.

As stated earlier, hopefully both he and Bryan signed for the vet minimum w/ no guarenteed money.

YDFL Commish 03-21-2024 07:45 PM

Hopefully neither of these guys becomes a modern day Josh Thomas.

ChaosTheory 04-02-2024 09:36 PM

I read Blackmon is coming back. That wraps it up, right? That everybody?

IndyNorm 04-02-2024 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 294629)
Hopefully neither of these guys becomes a modern day Josh Thomas.

Hopefully not, but for some reason Ballard gave both of them some guaranteed money (Bryan - $1.1M, Pinter $.5M), so I wouldn't doubt that one of them does :confused:

Racehorse 04-03-2024 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 295216)
I read Blackmon is coming back. That wraps it up, right? That everybody?

I think that is about all the cap we have left, once you consider the rookie draft class, and in-season churn.

YDFL Commish 04-03-2024 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 295229)
I think that is about all the cap we have left, once you consider the rookie draft class, and in-season churn.

Ballard should extend Buckner for 2 more seasons to create some cap room and cut MOC.

Racehorse 04-03-2024 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 295278)
Ballard should extend Buckner for 2 more seasons to create some cap room and cut MOC.

Yeah, I looked earlier today, and saw Buckner's contract expires this year. Extend him soon, because he has a few more productive years left.