ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Slauson placed on IR (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55074)

Chromeburn 10-09-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 85080)
Don’t forget that young athletes often do not stretch seriously during warmups and often do not get warmed up or warm back up after the half.

Yeah I read that about someone. Was it TJ Green? That is shocking to me. All through out my playing we always stretched for 20-30 minutes. Before games, before practice, before workouts. It was mandatory. It is just basic maintenance. I think some of these guys are just such gifted athletes that they can get by till they get to the pros. Then they are out in a couple years and they wonder what they could have done to extend it.

Sometimes vets will help them with this stuff. But a lot of time vets see them as competition and not a ton of help will come from there.

Puck 10-09-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 85083)
We need to upgrade the starting 22. Lol at you guys complaining about depth. No team has depth at the oline. If they do that guy gets snatched up by another team. There is a defiency of quality tackles and oline in general. The only teams drafting for depth are Super Bowl teams. Even then you don’t spend a top 100 pick on depth. You draft starters or try to upgrade starters.

Good post. And we dearly need to upgrade the tackle positions

omahacolt 10-09-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 85109)

We need an upgrade at rt maybe. If Clark can do it then we are set. Can’t rely on Good staying healthy

AC is fine

YDFL Commish 10-09-2018 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 85110)
We need an upgrade at rt maybe. If Clark can do it then we are set. Can’t rely on Good staying healthy

AC is fine

While I agree, we haven't seen him play yet this season. Also he has only 1 more year on his contract. It is time to find his potential successor.

If we decide to keep AC beyond next season, then maybe the guy we draft is our RT until AC can't do it anymore.

I'm not advocating that we have to draft a Tackle in the 1st round. But, that we need to seriously consider it in those first 50 picks.

Chromeburn 10-09-2018 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 85109)

I want to see what happens with Smith. And between him, Clark, and Good. Someone should be able to fill it. Also Taylor Lewan is set to become a FA this off season.

Racehorse 10-10-2018 09:24 AM

Anyone heard anything about our injuries? Anyone coming back to play this weekend?

VeveJones007 10-10-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 85110)

AC is fine

Depends on how the 1st round shakes out. There are supposedly some good OTs available. If there's a clear BPA OT, I'm absolutely on board. Then hopefully grab a good WR with one of the 2nd rounders.

HoosierinFL 10-10-2018 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 85090)
Yeah I read that about someone. Was it TJ Green? That is shocking to me. All through out my playing we always stretched for 20-30 minutes. Before games, before practice, before workouts. It was mandatory. It is just basic maintenance. I think some of these guys are just such gifted athletes that they can get by till they get to the pros. Then they are out in a couple years and they wonder what they could have done to extend it.

Sometimes vets will help them with this stuff. But a lot of time vets see them as competition and not a ton of help will come from there.

Modern kinesiology is abandoning stretching. The argument is that it doesn't prevent injury, it causes injury. Over-stretching creates micro-tears in the muscle fibers.
Instead muscles should be warmed up by using them in slow controlled movements without strain or resistance. Walking, jogging, stationary bike, squats, squat thrusts, jumping jacks, windmills, heel lifts, lunge. leg swing, push ups, etc.
What is considered dangerous are those stretches where you sit and spread your legs out wide, then lean at the waist and try and touch your toes. Or even standing and touching your toes. This is where hamstring injuries originate.

FatDT 10-10-2018 03:39 PM

I just read Slauson broke 2 vertebrae in his back, nearly paralyzed himself playing through it. Damn.

rcubed 10-10-2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 85210)
I just read Slauson broke 2 vertebrae in his back, nearly paralyzed himself playing through it. Damn.

that's nuts