ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2018 NFL Free Agents (tampering period starts 3/12/18) (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37051)

Butter 03-26-2018 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 61160)
Suh signed with the Rams for 1 year, 14 million. Damn that's going to be a hell of a defense.

Yep, that it well be.

Chaka 03-26-2018 10:41 PM

Quote:

Suh signed with the Rams for 1 year, 14 million. Damn that's going to be a hell of a defense.

Sounds like it, but these kind of things never seem to work out as well as expected

Spike 03-26-2018 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaka (Post 61163)
Sounds like it, but these kind of things never seem to work out as well as expected

True, but Suh only has a 1 year contract so I think he will be a beast for his next big payday.

Dam8610 03-27-2018 12:54 AM

Quote:

Who's their NT, though?

Spike 03-27-2018 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 61168)
Who's their NT, though?

Suh will probably end up playing NT.

FatDT 03-27-2018 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 61169)
Suh will probably end up playing NT.

Yep. The Jay Ratliff/Sly Williams role.

Puck 03-28-2018 08:26 AM

Kevin Bowen
@KBowen1070
Some tidbits from sitting down with Chris Ballard:

-FWIW, Andrew Luck is still not throwing an actual NFL football
-#Colts went after some big name free agent
-Deeper personnel look

1965southpaw 03-28-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 61352)
Kevin Bowen
@KBowen1070
Some tidbits from sitting down with Chris Ballard:

-FWIW, Andrew Luck is still not throwing an actual NFL football
-#Colts went after some big name free agent
-Deeper personnel look

I'm listening to Kevin Bowen on Big Joe and Grady debrief his interactions with Reich in Orlando......a few sound bites (framed from the perspective of Kevin's takeaways from conversation but from also observing and interacting with him and others)

1. Coaching style will be aggressive, competent, well prepped, play to win....not not to lose. Yes, Yes, Yes!!!
2. For a the first time Kevin is truly getting the sense that Colts leadership have confidence that Luck will be ready....i.e. Has really turned the corner
3. Even in the scenario that only 2 QB are taken in the top 5 picks of the draft and the other consensus top 3 non QB (Barkley,Nelson, Chubb) are taken, there is a "mystery 6th" non QB talent that Ballard thinks is a big time playmaker.....Kevin couldn't learn who that is but because of this he thinks it's very unlikely Ballard will trade back further than 6 unless he's on the clock and a QB needy team is willing to give up another huge haul a la the jets deal.

4. Forgot to mention re oline.....although Reich agrees that the line needs some new talent, Kevin's sense is that he's not more concerned about the oline over other talent gaps....Reich really believes that the scheme change, up tempo getting the ball out quicker is going to make a significant impact on reducing the number if sacks even with the same talent. THIS!! Completely agree with this! Can't be said enough times!!

YDFL Commish 03-28-2018 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 61373)
I'm listening to Kevin Bowen on Big Joe and Grady debrief his interactions with Reich in Orlando......a few sound bites (framed from the perspective of Kevin's takeaways from conversation but from also observing and interacting with him and others)

1. Coaching style will be aggressive, competent, well prepped, play to win....not not to lose. Yes, Yes, Yes!!!
2. For a the first time Kevin is truly getting the sense that Colts leadership have confidence that Luck will be ready....i.e. Has really turned the corner
3. Even in the scenario that only 2 QB are taken in the top 5 picks of the draft and the other consensus top 3 non QB (Barkley,Nelson, Chubb) are taken, there is a "mystery 6th" non QB talent that Ballard thinks is a big time playmaker.....Kevin couldn't learn who that is but because of this he thinks it's very unlikely Ballard will trade back further than 6 unless he's on the clock and a QB needy team is willing to give up another huge haul a la the jets deal.

My guess for the mystery 6th man is Denzel Ward. He's got the lookof a zone corner.

FatDT 03-28-2018 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 61383)
My guess for the mystery 6th man is Denzel Ward. He's got the lookof a zone corner.

No one gets excited for a zone corner in the top 10.

And the Cowboys didn't play exclusive or even primary zone under Marinelli. They mixed their coverages. I expect Eberflus will do the same.