ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Wentz or Darnold? (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117823)

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 02-06-2021 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 186316)
Thats ridiculous

Yes, very much so. They are hoping a team gets desperate.

Maniac 02-06-2021 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 186317)
Yes, very much so. They are hoping a team gets desperate.

If a team even gives up ONE 1st round pick, they are morons. A backup QB that has a massive contract and a shit attitude? Fuck right off.

Oldcolt 02-06-2021 06:52 PM

I'm not so sure. If you believe you can get him to regain his form he is worth a first rounder. If he can't, he isn't worth shit. It is a huge gamble for sure. Reich knows the dude well, much better than me, so if he is sure he can fix him it might be worth it to the Colts. That's what I'm going to tell myself anyway if they make the trade.

JAFF 02-06-2021 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 186325)
I'm not so sure. If you believe you can get him to regain his form he is worth a first rounder. If he can't, he isn't worth shit. It is a huge gamble for sure. Reich knows the dude well, much better than me, so if he is sure he can fix him it might be worth it to the Colts. That's what I'm going to tell myself anyway if they make the trade.

I wouldnt touch this guy while he has this huge contract. As long as he has promised money, he has no reason to work harder.

He gets cut, has to start from scratch, prove to the rest of the team he is a team guy. This isnt baseball, where you can have a guy play for his stats.

I’ll take Brissett over Wentz, the team knows he will work ass off for the team. He wont blame others or pout. Wentz played his way off the field, and got pissed when he didnt get to play in a lost game at the end of season really bothers me. He played his way off the field, the coaches put the next guy up. Isnt that what they say? Next man up.

The Colts trade for this guy, he will feel entitled again, with no pressure to put in extra effort.

Trade for him, NO. Pick him up on waivers with a show me contract, sure.

njcoltfan 02-06-2021 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany ed (Post 186305)
Well, let me make this perfectly clear. That deal ain't happening.

My point exactly !!!

Spike 02-06-2021 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 186314)

The hell with that. Two first round draft picks for Wentz? Fuck off Eagles.

There is only one qb on the trading block worth 2 firsts. Watson, and that's it.

Dam8610 02-06-2021 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 186314)

Of course that's a dial tone. Call them back when they get serious about it.

Chromeburn 02-06-2021 08:11 PM

We didn’t offer a first for Stafford, can’t imagine we will for Wentz. Sounds like it is going to happen soon though.

jasperhobbs 02-06-2021 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 186328)
I wouldnt touch this guy while he has this huge contract. As long as he has promised money, he has no reason to work harder.

He gets cut, has to start from scratch, prove to the rest of the team he is a team guy. This isnt baseball, where you can have a guy play for his stats.

I’ll take Brissett over Wentz, the team knows he will work ass off for the team. He wont blame others or pout. Wentz played his way off the field, and got pissed when he didnt get to play in a lost game at the end of season really bothers me. He played his way off the field, the coaches put the next guy up. Isnt that what they say? Next man up.

The Colts trade for this guy, he will feel entitled again, with no pressure to put in extra effort.

Trade for him, NO. Pick him up on waivers with a show me contract, sure.

The colts CANNOT go into the season with Brissett as the starting QB. He is a great teammate and a solid backup but not a starter. If they can get Darnold for a 3rd round pick, go for it.

Dare they go into the 2021 with Jacob Eason as projected starter? Or perhaps Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Hoopsdoc 02-06-2021 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasperhobbs (Post 186335)
The colts CANNOT go into the season with Brissett as the starting QB. He is a great teammate and a solid backup but not a starter. If they can get Darnold for a 3rd round pick, go for it.

Dare they go into the 2021 with Jacob Eason as projected starter? Or perhaps Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I’d much rather have Darnold than Wentz. I think Darnold working with Reich could be a very good player.

Having said that, I’d rather have Wentz than Brisket.

I think some desperate team will offer more for Wentz even with that ridiculous contract and Ballard will keep looking.