ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Head Coaching Search (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31733)

rcubed 01-05-2018 01:19 PM

Zak Keefer

@zkeefer
One thing to know as this process starts: Chris Ballard has been preparing for this search for years. He showed Irsay an inches-thick binder during the interview last year, w/ a chapter included on what he’s looking for in a head coach and how the process should unfold.

So happy we have a real GM. I doubt grigson had something like this. It makes me wonder what irsay saw in grigson that prompted him to make that choice.

Dam8610 01-05-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 50240)
Zak Keefer

@zkeefer
One thing to know as this process starts: Chris Ballard has been preparing for this search for years. He showed Irsay an inches-thick binder during the interview last year, w/ a chapter included on what he’s looking for in a head coach and how the process should unfold.

So happy we have a real GM. I doubt grigson had something like this. It makes me wonder what irsay saw in grigson that prompted him to make that choice.

Hopefully he picked up on what Andy Reid does right and added based on that.

Racehorse 01-05-2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 50241)
Hopefully he picked up on what Andy Reid does right and added based on that.

I haven't seen your pick for a new HC. Did you post it and I missed it?

Thorgrim 01-05-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 50240)
Zak Keefer

@zkeefer

Grigson had some notes scrawled on the back of his tampon box.

DrSpaceman 01-05-2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 50234)
Their red zone defense is often aided by their friends in New York.

Hah......good point.

Literally 3 TDs overturned, at least, some say a 4th as well. that adds up to over a point a game over the season, 1-2 PPG, they would be close to 20 PPG average without those calls.

Gimmick 01-05-2018 02:52 PM

Don't be delusional, guys. Irsay is going to pick the coach. All Ballard or his daughters can do is lobby. He's going to draft a RB with the first round pick too, I would bet the house on it.

Puck 01-05-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gimmick (Post 50263)
Don't be delusional, guys. Irsay is going to pick the coach. All Ballard or his daughters can do is lobby. He's going to draft a RB with the first round pick too, I would bet the house on it.

You spelled trailer wrong

Dam8610 01-05-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 50249)
I haven't seen your pick for a new HC. Did you post it and I missed it?

Nope, but I guess out of names mentioned I'd want Toub. Zimmer was my first choice back in 2012, so if the Colts hire Toub, hopefully he works out that well.

FatDT 01-05-2018 04:30 PM

I also wanted Zimmer. I see a few similarities between him and Toub. One of which is that they've been talked about for a long time as candidates but haven't gotten a shot. Obviously it worked out well for Minnesota.

I wonder with Toub what his preferences are for offensive and defensive schemes. As long as he's been around, with as many influences as he's probably had, I would have no idea what to expect or who he would hire for his coordinators.

Dam8610 01-05-2018 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 50284)
I also wanted Zimmer. I see a few similarities between him and Toub. One of which is that they've been talked about for a long time as candidates but haven't gotten a shot. Obviously it worked out well for Minnesota.

I wonder with Toub what his preferences are for offensive and defensive schemes. As long as he's been around, with as many influences as he's probably had, I would have no idea what to expect or who he would hire for his coordinators.

He's been with Andy Reid (in Philadelphia and KC) and Lovie Smith. So he's been exposed to traditional 4-3, Tampa 2, and 2 gap 3-4. My hope is he'll stay 3-4 if hired and get a good DC in to oversee it, like Dom Capers.