ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   With the third pick.... (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31652)

FatDT 01-03-2018 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indiana V2 (Post 49848)
Is Barkley even go to be there at three? The way people talk about him he may go 1st overall.

No way two QBs aren't picked first and second.

Butter 01-03-2018 12:54 AM

Trade back build the trenches.

daedge 01-03-2018 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 49792)
no

we need playmakers. not just solid dudes

Agreed. None of this trading down BS.

Coltsalr 01-03-2018 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 49792)
no

we need playmakers. not just solid dudes

There’s playmakers to be had in the early-mid 1st Round.

Oldcolt 01-03-2018 06:59 AM

Denver and the Jets both need qbs. Trading a few spots down, especially if qbs go one and two, we should still get a blue chip player. I dont want to trade out of the top 5-6 picks

albany ed 01-03-2018 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 49733)
That would be nice, but I don't think the offers will be there. They blew their chance by missing out on the 2nd pick.

If the 1st two picks are Rosen/Darnold, would you really offer that kind of package to move up to #3 as an opposing GM?

I agree. This year there's a big difference between 1 and 2, if as expected, Darnold and Rosen go 1 and 2. Even if the Browns and Giants don't want to draft a QB, they'd be crazy not to trade down. I hated seeing the Giants win which made me torn between rooting for my team and rooting against my team.

sherck 01-03-2018 08:45 AM

QB Needy Teams in the Top 15 Picks of 2018:

#1 CLE
#2 NYG
#5 DEN
#6 NYJ
#11 MIA ?
#12 CIN
#13 WAS ?
#15 ARI

The thought that the #3 pick has little trade value but that the #2 pick had a lot is, I think, false.

Even if QBs go #1 and #2, there is little clear consensus that there are only 2 QBs who are worthy of being a top 5 pick. Sure, DEN or NYJ could just sit tight and hope that their guy falls to them but they also might want to come up and ensure that they get their guy.

Best non-QB pick in the draft? #3. You sure someone else is not going to want to come up for the right to pick Barkley? Or Chubb? Or Fitzpatrick? Or Nelson? Or Williams? Or whomever they are in love with? Heck, if CLE is indeed enamored with Barkley, they might trade up 1 spot to make sure that no one else gets him. Then that #4 pick is more in range for DEN and NYJ for QB.

We don't know how it is going to work out until April, but I think there will be a ton of trade offers for the #3 pick conditioned on how the first 2 picks go. Those all get worked out ahead of time and then triggered on draft day.

If Ballard picks a guy at #3, then he is convinced that the kid is a stud. Cool.

However, if Ballard wants to trade down, I have little doubt that he will find trade partners.

Walk Worthy,

Indiana V2 01-03-2018 08:56 AM

Another question, Cleveland drafted Kizer last draft, will they draft another one this season? I voted for trading the pick.

sherck 01-03-2018 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indiana V2 (Post 49876)
Another question, Cleveland drafted Kizer last draft, will they draft another one this season? I voted for trading the pick.

CLE fans here in Dayton who are as fanatical about their interest in the Browns as I am in the Colts are convinced that the team is not invested in Kizer and will pick a QB with one of their top picks in 2018.

15 games started / 53.6% completion rate / 2,894 yards / 11 TD / 22 INT / 60.5 QB rating / 9 FUM / sacked 38 times

Granted, CLE as a whole always needs to be graded on a curve but those are not the stats of a kid whom inspires confidence.

For comparison with Jacoby Brisett in 2017:

15 games started / 58.8% completion rate / 3,098 yards / 13 TD / 07 INT / 81.7 QB rating / 8 FUM / sacked 52 times

I fully expect CLE to take QB #1 overall.

Walk Worthy,

DrSpaceman 01-03-2018 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 49765)
I am with you on Chubb or Nelson. I know some say you can't draft a guard that high, but if it solves a huge problem, then so be it.

Further, I would prefer to not go RB in the first round, hoping for Gore to go one more year, but if Gore leaves, then we'll have to "do something, Grigs!:

I would be surprised if Gore is back next year.

Going into a season with a #1 RB 34 years old is just asking for problems.

Plus with a new GM making a decision on his contract and likely wanting a new direction for the team, I don't see it happening.

Gore has been perfectly fine as the #1 back. But I would like to see more than someone who can churn out 3-4 yards per carry and chug away for the usual 50-70 yards a game. I know he had a few 100 yard games, but those were outliers.

Of course upgrading the OL would help that, but changing to a younger, faster RB group would as well.