ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Luck (podcast) (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146115)

ChoppedWood 07-18-2022 09:59 PM

F-k him. My position that night, and my position this night. Quitting is not the issue, quitting on the doorstep of a season, yeah F-k him.

Hoopsdoc 07-19-2022 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 234074)
F-k him. My position that night, and my position this night. Quitting is not the issue, quitting on the doorstep of a season, yeah F-k him.

Ridiculous. The guy wasn’t healthy enough to play. He was beat all to hell.

What did you want him to do, play hurt?

The timing of it sucked for sure but I don’t think it was intentional. I think he hoped he would heal better than what he did. And when he didn’t, he couldn’t face yet another long rehab.

Just tip your cap for what he did for the franchise and move on. He was, and still is, a class act.

Chromeburn 07-19-2022 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 234074)

It sucks, but he wouldn’t have played anyway.

CanuckColt 07-20-2022 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Session (Post 233861)
I don’t get the obsession with this dude. I guess he’ll be my generation’s Bert Jones.

Maybe I’m outgrowing this shit.

An interesting observation....Luck is to Peyton as Bert Jones is to Unitas.

nate505 07-23-2022 01:18 PM

Even though I was a bit upset about it, and thought Colts fans got a raw deal for being criticized for booing the news since it was pretty shocking, I wish Luck the best and don't criticize him at all for his decision. He's the one who has to live with the pain that the sport inflicted on him, and while he did play a style that got him hits, boy did Grigson do him no favors at all in terms of the OL. It was downright fucking criminal.

That said like others, I don't wish to rehash this whole experience either. Part of it's just too painful to know what could have been. If it were another QB on another team, maybe then I would be.

omahacolt 08-05-2022 03:37 PM

i finally got around to listening to this.

pretty tough to relive. just a waste of such a great talent. really hard not to like the kid and harder not to be pissed when thinking about all the great football we are missing out on.

JAFF 08-05-2022 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 233950)
If Chris Ballard was the Colts GM from Day 1 of Andrew Luck's career, I firmly believe Andrew Luck would be the (minimum 1 time) world champion starting QB of the Indianapolis Colts today. The OL that Grigson surrounded Luck with was unacceptable and would never have been tolerated by Ballard.

All that and a beer gets you a beer. He was unable to play at a high level, both physically and mentally. Jim Irsay should take a big chunk of blame for how this happened

Dam8610 08-06-2022 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 235314)
All that and a beer gets you a beer. He was unable to play at a high level, both physically and mentally. Jim Irsay should take a big chunk of blame for how this happened

Only for being too loyal to a bad GM. Grigson should've been canned after the 2015 AFC Championship Game. Maybe then Luck doesn't lacerate his kidney running for his life because he has a better OL around him. And before you say something else like "All that and a beer gets you a beer", I know the past can't be changed, this is a discussion forum, seems like the place to talk about "what if" scenarios.

IndyNorm 08-06-2022 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate505 (Post 234373)
Even though I was a bit upset about it, and thought Colts fans got a raw deal for being criticized for booing the news since it was pretty shocking, I wish Luck the best and don't criticize him at all for his decision. He's the one who has to live with the pain that the sport inflicted on him, and while he did play a style that got him hits, boy did Grigson do him no favors at all in terms of the OL. It was downright fucking criminal.

That said like others, I don't wish to rehash this whole experience either. Part of it's just too painful to know what could have been. If it were another QB on another team, maybe then I would be.

No doubt. There are probably few, if any fan bases in the NFL who wouldn't have booed and some of them like Chicago, Cleveland, and especially Philly that probably would have done a lot worse than just booed him.

omahacolt 08-07-2022 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 235357)
Only for being too loyal to a bad GM. Grigson should've been canned after the 2015 AFC Championship Game. Maybe then Luck doesn't lacerate his kidney running for his life because he has a better OL around him. And before you say something else like "All that and a beer gets you a beer", I know the past can't be changed, this is a discussion forum, seems like the place to talk about "what if" scenarios.

getting fired after reaching the afc championship game wasn't going to happen.