ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Quick Thoughts - Week 4 (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168874)

CletusPyle 10-01-2023 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 277265)
It is such a shame to see him robbed of that athleticism that had him on HOF trajectory. Sucks for us but you have to believe that for him it is agonizing to have to come to terms with it and what it likely means for his playing future; lack thereof.

He is listed at 230 lbs...not sure I am buying that?

Dam8610 10-01-2023 09:06 PM

Richardson is a roller coaster. When he's on, he's a cheat code, a completely unfair offensive advantage that can kill opposing defenses with his arm or his legs. When he's off, all the opposing defense has to do is contain him in the pocket and wait for him to make a mistake. Just need to get him on a little more consistently.

Hoopsdoc 10-01-2023 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 277269)
Richardson is a roller coaster. When he's on, he's a cheat code, a completely unfair offensive advantage that can kill opposing defenses with his arm or his legs. When he's off, all the opposing defense has to do is contain him in the pocket and wait for him to make a mistake. Just need to get him on a little more consistently.

Yeah and it was his third NFL game. He’s going to figure things out and when he does, look out.

Couldn’t be more excited for the future with this guy.

ChoppedWood 10-01-2023 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 277277)
Yeah and it was his third NFL game. He’s going to figure things out and when he does, look out.

Couldn’t be more excited for the future with this guy.

I remember being in a bar and watching a game in Allen's rookie year, think it was against the Vikes, maybe the Browns. They were a really shitty team at the time. They were playing opposite Colts. Early in season, probably 4-5 games in. I remember frequently having my eyes drawn to that screen because of the wild shit he was doing and you just knew he was going to be good it was only gonna be time that had to pass by.

Watching AR feels the same to me. Eyes are drawn to him and you just expect him to get better and better.

JAFF 10-01-2023 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 277281)
I remember being in a bar and watching a game in Allen's rookie year, think it was against the Vikes, maybe the Browns. They were a really shitty team at the time. They were playing opposite Colts. Early in season, probably 4-5 games in. I remember frequently having my eyes drawn to that screen because of the wild shit he was doing and you just knew he was going to be good it was only gonna be time that had to pass by.

Watching AR feels the same to me. Eyes are drawn to him and you just expect him to get better and better.

Its footwork. When he’s off the mark, he hasnt set his feet. He has a great arm, the accuracy comes from having feet in a proper base. Watch Mahomes, terrific arm, but get him off his spot, it influences his accuracy. Minshew will be a big help with this. He needs great foot work to compete in the NFL.

Arm strenght doesnt mean squat if you cant hit the tight window.

JAFF 10-01-2023 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CletusPyle (Post 277267)
He is listed at 230 lbs...not sure I am buying that?

He is 6ft 4 in. All muscle.

Ironshaft 10-02-2023 09:16 AM

If the Colts decide to part ways with Leonard after the 2023 NFL season:

$20.124m = 2024 Cap Hit
$08.000m = Dead Money left on contract
=========
$11.876m = Cap Savings in 2024 if Leonard is cut.

Colts currently have $70.636m in free cap space for 2024 (only counting the top 51 out of season cap hits). Adding Leonard's free cap would move us from #7 in free cap space in 2024 to #3 behind only the Patriots and Bears.

Of note, in this scenario, the top five in free cap space would be:

1. NEP = $96.210m
2. CHI = $95.268m
3. IND = $82.512m
4. TEN = $80.786m
5. HOU = $75.757m

With #3, #4 and #5 all being in the AFC South, it could be a wild free agency ride next spring for our division.

Racehorse 10-02-2023 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 277286)
He is 6ft 4 in. All muscle.

Maybe he will smile and give you a vegemite sandwich.

Racehorse 10-02-2023 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironshaft (Post 277311)
If the Colts decide to part ways with Leonard after the 2023 NFL season:

$20.124m = 2024 Cap Hit
$08.000m = Dead Money left on contract
=========
$11.876m = Cap Savings in 2024 if Leonard is cut.

His cap hit is why I just shake my head when people yell "Trade Leonard!" If he sucks, who would trade for him? This is not Madden.

JAFF 10-02-2023 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 277379)
His cap hit is why I just shake my head when people yell "Trade Leonard!" If he sucks, who would trade for him? This is not Madden.

He hasnt been game ready for over a year. Keep him, one of the LBs will get hurt, miss a game, land on the short term injury list. He is a solid vet who can step in and play.

He is a positive force on the field and in practice and in the locker room.

I do not understand why fans obsess about the cap. Its not their money, get over it. Has Ballard ever run out of cash during a season?