ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pay JT! (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167422)

Brylok 09-11-2023 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 274150)
First I heard this. Classy thing from Trevor! I like the guy too.

Contrary to what Dam believes about him, I was sick when the Jags drafted him.

I think it was on the early show with Kevin Bowen. They had the audio. I assume it's on the podcast.

Racehorse 09-11-2023 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 274186)
The flowing locks though!

Those flowing locks seem chopped off weirdly to me.

Kray007 09-11-2023 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 274136)
Fuck Jonathan Taylor. Dude walked out on his team and fans. Colts should have waived him.

Teams and players get involved with salary disputes all the time. Sometimes, they get ugly. I don’t like the way Taylor has gone about this, but, if I’m the GM, I don’t trade my best Offensive player for a bag of balls.

CletusPyle 09-11-2023 07:59 PM

Zach Moss and Evan Hull could make us forget about JT! Not sure if JT has hired a gypsy to put hexes on all our RBs or not, but if those two get healthy the Colts will be just fine with or without JT!

Racehorse 09-11-2023 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CletusPyle (Post 274228)
Zach Moss and Evan Hull could make us forget about JT! Not sure if JT has hired a gypsy to put hexes on all our RBs or not, but if those two get healthy the Colts will be just fine with or without JT!

I hope you are right, but Taylor is a special RB...when healthy.

Butter 09-11-2023 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CletusPyle (Post 274228)

I doubt it, I think they could be fine, but JT is much better if he returns to health. I still don't want to pay him what he is rumored to want.

Oldcolt 09-12-2023 08:52 AM

I agree he is asking for a lot. Most of us would be fine with 12 million but think 16 million is to much. In this league 4 million is next to nothing, I personally am caring less and less how much of Jim's money JT gets.

Chromeburn 09-12-2023 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 274275)
I agree he is asking for a lot. Most of us would be fine with 12 million but think 16 million is to much. In this league 4 million is next to nothing, I personally am caring less and less how much of Jim's money JT gets.

12 is essentially the franchise tag price.

Oldcolt 09-12-2023 02:26 PM

Yes it is and everyone would be happy with that as his salary next year. With a cap of 225 million (224.8) is it really worth it to lose the only explosive player (besides AR) we have on offense? To me it isn't so much about the running back position (but on that front it sure would have been nice to actually have a chance at running out the clock) but about where are you going to get explosive offensive plays from. Don't let pride get in the way of this boys, that's on both sides.

CletusPyle 09-12-2023 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 274311)
Yes it is and everyone would be happy with that as his salary next year. With a cap of 225 million (224.8) is it really worth it to lose the only explosive player (besides AR) we have on offense? To me it isn't so much about the running back position (but on that front it sure would have been nice to actually have a chance at running out the clock) but about where are you going to get explosive offensive plays from. Don't let pride get in the way of this boys, that's on both sides.

I still think they trade him...not sure if the relationship can be healed at this point?