ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jamal Adams requesting trade away from Jets (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102764)

Dam8610 06-21-2020 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 163037)
James has only played his rookie year, his sophmore season ended early bc of injury. Still he was able to surpass Adams int total in just his rookie year. I call Adams a thumper bc he makes his best plays near the los, not in the secondary or both. I think Sanders was a thumper, its not a negative term. He was decent in space and could break on the ball if he wanted to, although he dropped a few he should have caught, but he played best coming down to the los and was known as a big hitter like Adams is. If thats what we wanted our SS to do then I think he would be a good get, not for 20 million of course. I think they want guys that can make breaks on the ball in the air and cause turnovers in the passing game and play the run. If you want a safety that can blitz off the edge, make plays in the backfield, and knock the hell out of guys, then Adams should be your guy. Personally I would make him a will lb, I bet he would do well in this style of defense as a will.

As for Watson, I don't necessarily disagree, but the guy is 24 and I think he has a much more positive rep around the league than that.

We just disagree on what the term "thumper" means, I think. I hear that, and I think David Harris, Bart Scott, or any other number of 3-4 ILBs that were one dimensional run stoppers. For me, a "thumper" is going to struggle in coverage and not be able to do much of anything outside the box.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 07-25-2020 04:39 PM

Wow. Seahawks trade two 1st round draft picks to Jets for Jamal Adams.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1287118553179729935

Quote:

The #Jets held firm on their star and planned to do so until they got a huge offer. And this is huge. Good work by GM Joe Douglas here.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1287118070729904129

Quote:

A massive haul for the #Jets: Star safety Jamal Adams goes to the #Seahawks along with a 4th rounder in 2022... in return Seattle sends . . . . a 1st rounder, a 3rd and ANOTHER 1st in 2022 to NYJ — and safety Bradley McDougald. Crazy.

Butter 07-25-2020 05:10 PM

Wow, nice haul for the Jets, have to assume those will be late firsts still seems solid considering keeping him long term seemed unlikely for them.

YDFL Commish 07-25-2020 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 164532)

Only a n elite QB or an elite pass rusher is worth 2 first round picks. Utterly stupid move on the Seahags part!

Chromeburn 07-25-2020 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 164534)
Wow, nice haul for the Jets, have to assume those will be late firsts still seems solid considering keeping him long term seemed unlikely for them.

Only if they draft good players to replace him. Now they have a pro bowl hole in their defense.

Butter 07-26-2020 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 164541)
Only if they draft good players to replace him. Now they have a pro bowl hole in their defense.

There is always that anytime we talk draft picks, but it seemed unlikely they would be able to keep him long term, certainly beats an eventual 3rd round comp pick or a shit trade.

Dam8610 07-26-2020 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 164536)
Only a n elite QB or an elite pass rusher is worth 2 first round picks. Utterly stupid move on the Seahags part!

Schneider doesn't have a good first round track record, and Adams is probably better than what would've been available at those picks. I like this trade for both sides, but I like it better for Seattle for leveraging their strengths and weaknesses to try to maximize their competitive window.

Quote:

Given their position, this is just about the best outcome I can imagine for the Jets. Unless Darnold drastically improves, this will lead to higher draft position for the Jets with their own pick (which gives them the potential to access players of Adams's caliber) and give them 2 of the top roughly 25 players from each of the next two draft classes. Putting together a lot of high end cost controlled talent is a good formula for success in a cap driven system.

Oldcolt 07-26-2020 10:15 AM

In a normal year I think Seattle gave up to much. I'm not sure about this year. The draft is going to be much more of a crap shoot as there is zero chance that there is a full college football schedule this year. It is hard to truly value draft picks in a year like this.

Brylok 07-27-2020 06:57 AM

I've only just seen this news, as I've written off the NFL playing this year, but two 1sts, a 3rd, a 4th, and a player is a ridiculous amount to pay for Adams. Dude is really good, but he isn't worth all that. I'd be furious if the Colts had done that deal. As others have said, good on the Jets for getting that ridiculous bounty. They'll screw it up, but still...

JAFF 07-27-2020 07:44 AM

Quote:

The Jets could have five first round draft picks in next years draft and probably still screw it up