ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Baldy's Breakdowns - Colts / Kansas City (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84581)

Racehorse 10-12-2019 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 136867)
I don't think we need to find another QB. A rising tide lifts all boats. As our defense gets healthy again it will imporove. Our O line got embarrassed by the Raiders, and improved. Our D line showed significant improvement against the Chiefs.

Brissett's improvements will come 40% from himself, getting more comfortable in his role, and 60% will come from game planning and playing to Brissett's strengths, along with OL, Mack, DL, secondary improving as they gain experience and health.

We are going to lose several more games, including a few the we should not lose, we have seen two of those already.

We *should* will all but one of our remaining games. We wont, but we should.

**Cough** New Orleans **cough**

Pez 10-12-2019 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 136913)
**Cough** New Orleans **cough**

All *but* one....

Racehorse 10-12-2019 08:21 AM

I would love to see what he could do on the defensive line two or three snaps per game. Talk about the ability to destroy a pocket! I bet he could.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 10-12-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck4Reich (Post 136798)
If Luck had the O lines that Brady and Peyton had early in their careers . Luck was getting beat up right out the gates and never had anything resembling a Line of protection until last year.

I know this stat can be a little misleading at looking at an offensive line's effectiveness (the QB can have a big impact on sack numbers by holding onto the ball too long), but thought I would share the number of times these QB's were sacked during their first 3 years of their playing career as a full time starter:

Player A: Year 1 - 22, Year 2 - 14, Year 3 - 20; Total first 3 years: 56

Player B: Year 1 - 41, Year 2 - 31, Year 3 - 32; Total first 3 years: 104

Player C: Year 1 - 41, Year 2 - 32, Year 3 - 27; Total first 3 years: 100

Any guesses who was sacked the most over the first 3 years of their career - between Manning, Brady, and Luck?

Player A was Peyton. :cool:

Player C was Andrew. :eek:

Player B was Tommy the Cheater. :eek: Pretty amazing that the numbers for Luck and the Cheater were almost identical with the slight edge to Brady.

I would have included QB hits and other stats but didn't find a resource that went back 20 years (I only did a quick search - I may still look for one). NFL.com only tracks QB hits back to 2009.

JAFF 10-12-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 136768)
I’ve decided to not give JB too much shit. He ain’t Luck and never will be. So I’m taking him for what he is. And I’m pretty happy he’s a Colt

Starting to warm up to Mack too. He’s playing hard and is WAY WAY better than he was when I dogged him out. Guessing he reads this forum

If he has any brains he skips your posts

JAFF 10-12-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 136773)
I've often pondered how good a lot of these motherfuckers would be if they would just listen when I yell at them on Sundays...

99.9 % are still in the league because they ignore you

JAFF 10-12-2019 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck4Reich (Post 136798)
If Luck had the O lines that Brady and Peyton had early in their careers . Luck was getting beat up right out the gates and never had anything resembling a Line of protection until last year.

Yet, Luck still put up some amazing numbers and still carried teams with Bad defenses that couldn't stop the run. Easy to say he was no Peyton, no Brady but damn if he wasnt right there with them if he had an Offensive Line.

He had a decent line last year. Unfortunately, the damage was done

Colts And Orioles 10-14-2019 01:24 AM

o

In my rat's ass of an opinion, the Jets' upset win over the Cowboys this afternoon was as surprising and unexpected as was the Colts' upset win over the Chiefs last week ........ neither team was given much of a chance to keep their respective games close, let alone actually win them.

o

Pez 10-14-2019 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 137157)
o

In my rat's ass of an opinion, the Jets' upset win over the Cowboys this afternoon was as surprising and unexpected as was the Colts' upset win over the Chiefs last week ........ neither team was given much of a chance to keep their respective games close, let alone actually win them.

o

Agree, the Texans win over the Chiefs was surprising (maddeningly so) to me as well. Would have loved to have Houston come here next week a game back from us.

I think still if we beat them we will take over 1st in the division with both of us at 4-2 but with us a better record in the division.

Texans at 8-27 all time against us, 2-13 in Indy.

Colts And Orioles 10-14-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 137162)

Agree, the Texans win over the Chiefs was surprising (maddeningly so) to me as well. Would have loved to have Houston come here next week a game back from us.

I think still if we beat them we will take over 1st in the division, with both of us at 4-2 but with us a better record in the division.

Texans at 8-27 all time against us, 2-13 in Indy.

o

We'll be half a game ahead of the Texans if we beat them next week. The Colts are currently 3-2, and the Texans are currently 4-2.

o

Chaka 10-14-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

o

o

Believe it or not, the Colts were bigger underdogs against the Chiefs (10.5 point dogs) than the Jets were to the Cowboys (7 point dogs), so in that sense our win is even more impressive.

HoosierinFL 10-14-2019 11:04 AM

Did anyone else realize there's like 6 former colts players on the jets, mostly on D?
Henry Anderson
Tarell Basham
Nate Hairston
Matthias Farley
Arthur Maulet

and on offense, back up center
Jonotthan Harrison

YDFL Commish 10-14-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierinFL (Post 137198)
Did anyone else realize there's like 6 former colts players on the jets, mostly on D?
Henry Anderson
Tarell Basham
Nate Hairston
Matthias Farley
Arthur Maulet

Jonotthan Harrison

Is Grigson working for them? ;)

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 10-14-2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierinFL (Post 137198)
Henry Anderson
Tarell Basham
Nate Hairston
Matthias Farley
Arthur Maulet

Jonotthan Harrison

I have called them Colts East a few times.

Ballard hired Rex Hogan away from the Jets when he was setting up his Colts front office / organization. Hogan has since departed the Colts and returned to the NY Jets organization for a higher position of Assistant General Manager (basically the Jets 2nd in command in their front office). So Hogan has a very good knowledge of current and former Colts players and how they could fit in their locker room.

Colts And Orioles 10-14-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

o

o

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaka (Post 137193)

Believe it or not, the Colts were bigger underdogs against the Chiefs (10.5 point dogs) than the Jets were to the Cowboys (7 point dogs), so in that sense our win is even more impressive.

o

I believe it.

I don't necessarily agree that the Colts' win was more impressive and/or more surprising because of the fact that the odds-makers said so. The Colts had at least played some pretty good football in 3 out of their previous 4 games against the Chargers, the Titans, and the Falcons, whereas the Jets were a complete mess in all of their previous games prior to their win over the Cowboys, with the exception of their season opener against the Bills ........ and it appears to be no coincidence that those are the only 2 games in which Sam Darnold played in.

o