ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2019 NFL Draft Day 1 (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72263)

Dam8610 04-25-2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 117291)
So I take it you have no concerns about Tillery's scheme fit?

IMO he could play 3 positions on the DL: UT, pass down NT, run down DE. He has the size, length, and athleticism for all 3 IMO.

smitty46953 04-25-2019 10:56 AM

I gotta admit I agree with Dammy, (Dam that hurt) LOL
Maybe I am a bit biased as I am a ND fan. I have watched Tillery a bunch and think he will fit in our scheme just fine. Not too mention he is a "Golden Domer" Go Irish !!! :cool:

VeveJones007 04-25-2019 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 117300)
I gotta admit I agree with Dammy, (Dam that hurt) LOL
Maybe I am a bit biased as I am a ND fan. I have watched Tillery a bunch and think he will fit in our scheme just fine. Not too mention he is a "Golden Domer" Go Irish !!! :cool:

Do you know of any clips where he splits a gap off the snap? My hold up is that basically all the highlights I’ve seen are him winning from a 2 gap technique. I know the measureables say he’s quick and athletic enough to play a 1 gap style, but I haven’t been able to confirm that on tape.

VeveJones007 04-25-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 117294)
And as I've said, it's legitimate to keep in mind, given that Ballard dumped Hankins/Anderson, who are still effective, due to scheme fit.

He takes DL scheme fit quite seriously, apparently.

Yep. As I asked Smitty, I haven’t seen the right skill set on tape based on my understanding of what Eberflus wants. I could be wrong on what Eberflus wants or the projection of putting Tillery into this system and the different things it would ask of him.

Coltsalr 04-25-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 117309)
Yep. As I asked Smitty, I haven’t seen the right skill set on tape based on my understanding of what Eberflus wants. I could be wrong on what Eberflus wants or the projection of putting Tillery into this system and the different things it would ask of him.

Also, John Simon, who he dumped for nothing, who has acclimiated quite nicely up in New England.

Though moving him to DE was always kind of a head-scratcher, if there's one thing I don't like, it's how scheme dependent we apparently are along the DL when going with more flexible/hybrid seems to be the way of the NFL.

smitty46953 04-25-2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 117306)
Do you know of any clips where he splits a gap off the snap? My hold up is that basically all the highlights I’ve seen are him winning from a 2 gap technique. I know the measureables say he’s quick and athletic enough to play a 1 gap style, but I haven’t been able to confirm that on tape.

Clips not really, will see what I can find. Mostly just eyeball as I watched about every ND game since 1976... :cool:

Chaka 04-25-2019 11:37 AM

Will Jacoby Brissett still be a Colt come Sunday? I’ve seen a few articles speculating that the Colts may trade Brissett and draft a new backup QB in a later round.

Personally, I haven’t really bought into the idea that other teams are clambering for Brissett and would be willing to give the Colts a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him. A lot of that stuff seems to come from reports generated by Indy-focused media. I realize he’s got some experience under his belt, but there are tons of out-of-work QBs with experience too. There’s also Josh Rosen, drafted 10th overall only last year, and who the Cardinals can’t seem to get someone to give up a 2nd rounder for.

VeveJones007 04-25-2019 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaka (Post 117315)
Will Jacoby Brissett still be a Colt come Sunday? I’ve seen a few articles speculating that the Colts may trade Brissett and draft a new backup QB in a later round.

Personally, I haven’t really bought into the idea that other teams are clambering for Brissett and would be willing to give the Colts a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him. A lot of that stuff seems to come from reports generated by Indy-focused media. I realize he’s got some experience under his belt, but there are tons of out-of-work QBs with experience too. There’s also Josh Rosen, drafted 10th overall only last year, and who the Cardinals can’t seem to get someone to give up a 2nd rounder for.

I’m 99% sure Brissett will be a colt in 2019.

Dam8610 04-25-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 117306)

Stanford. Watch him against Stanford. Most dominant tape I saw this year, and was only a bit below Chubb vs. FSU for pure dominance.

VeveJones007 04-25-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 117321)
Stanford. Watch him against Stanford. Most dominant tape I saw this year, and was only a bit below Chubb vs. FSU for pure dominance.

I'll look again, but that's the primary game from which I drew my opinion. He wins hat-on-hat, not shoulder-to-shoulder.