ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Head Coaching Search (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31733)

sherck 01-10-2018 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey 5 (Post 51193)
The news about McDaniels potentially backing out is depressing.

Its not really news. News is something that can be verified. This is one guy's "hot take" on a situation that he probably has little to no insight into.

As we would say in the intelligence community. a single source does not an analysis make.

Walk Worthy,

Puck 01-10-2018 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 51195)
When you consider his previous HC experience along with the 100% non-success rate of Belicheat assistants we're probably better off without him, but it definitely is concerning if it's b/c of Luck's health. Pure speculation but maybe that was what made Nagy "uncomfortable" with the Colts interview if he was getting the run around on Luck's situation.

I think people forget about Bill Obrien. I'd take him as HC
If Watson hadn't gotten hurt they may have competed for the 1-2 seed this yr

1965southpaw 01-11-2018 12:48 AM

https://sports.yahoo.com/could-josh-...171221395.html

FatDT 01-11-2018 01:48 AM

Bunch of speculative BS.

rcubed 01-11-2018 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 51166)
Rhule is a good coach. He had Temple playing at a high level before he left.

Baylor was in a a hell of a bad situation after the Art Briles fiasco.

Could just be Ballard feeling him out for a possible spot other than HC. Position coach maybe.

Gimmick 01-11-2018 02:58 AM

There's a decent chance Luck is done, period. I'm not saying it's a definite, but prepare yourself for the possibility. I think it's 50/50 at this point.

Irsay, Grigson, and Pagano really ****ed up by not protecting the franchise.

DrSpaceman 01-11-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gimmick (Post 51211)
There's a decent chance Luck is done, period. I'm not saying it's a definite, but prepare yourself for the possibility. I think it's 50/50 at this point.

Irsay, Grigson, and Pagano really ****ed up by not protecting the franchise.

Luck is not done.

The worst that happens is he has some lingering pain and plays this year with some lingering soreness and is not 100%. And perhaps he has to continue to play with a somewhat damaged shoulder and learns to compensate.

I would be shocked if he at least does not try to play again though.

Not that they did not screw it all up, they did, but it was less than 50% that Luck does not play again. I'd put it at 1-5%.

IndyNorm 01-11-2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 51197)
I think people forget about Bill Obrien. I'd take him as HC
If Watson hadn't gotten hurt they may have competed for the 1-2 seed this yr

My comment was including O'Brien since his NFL record is below .500 and Houston was thinking about moving on at the end of the season. Good point on Watson. Not sure if they'd be a top playoff seed, but I'm sure O'Brien would be slightly above .500 than below. If I had to hire a Belicheat assistant and he was available I would definitely go with him.

VeveJones007 01-11-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 51196)
Its not really news. News is something that can be verified. This is one guy's "hot take" on a situation that he probably has little to no insight into.

As we would say in the intelligence community. a single source does not an analysis make.

Walk Worthy,

While I agree that true news has to be verifiable, it's hardly a "hot take" if Kravitz has a source giving him this info. I didn't hear the interview, but that's the way it read to me.

Racehorse 01-11-2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 51225)
Luck is not done.

The worst that happens is he has some lingering pain and plays this year with some lingering soreness and is not 100%. And perhaps he has to continue to play with a somewhat damaged shoulder and learns to compensate.

I would be shocked if he at least does not try to play again though.

Not that they did not screw it all up, they did, but it was less than 50% that Luck does not play again. I'd put it at 1-5%.

Exactly! A player has to go through practices and games to fully trust his body again. Right now, he is not able to do so. Once he gets his PT done and all, he will be back on track. After that, it is up to the four inches between the ears. Irsay alluded to that being the biggest issue. It wouldn't surprise me if that is some of what he was doing in Europe to rehab those four inches as well as the rest.