ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   With the third pick.... (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31652)

Coltsalr 01-05-2018 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 50304)
I'd want Ray and their 2018 1.

He had a pretty underwhelming 2017.

VeveJones007 01-05-2018 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 50343)
He had a pretty underwhelming 2017.

Well he did spend half the year on IR.

FatDT 01-06-2018 12:19 AM

Brisset will not command much in a trade right now. 5th at best. I'd rather keep him.

DrSpaceman 01-06-2018 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 50335)
haha

nobody is trading a 2nd for fucking brissett

Yes that is wishful thinking

ANd I would keep him because he is a solid back up, though not a great option as a long term starter.

You are not going to get back in value in a trade what he is worth to the team. I still think Luck will be back and will be OK next year, but he has been injury prone and you never know with the bad OL if he will survive the season

YDFL Commish 01-06-2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 50363)
Brisset will not command much in a trade right now. 5th at best. I'd rather keep him.

I disagree. He was a late 3rd rd pick. Isn't his value higher now, than when he was drafted?

So I can easily see him being worth an early 3rd rd. pick.

GoBigBlue88 01-06-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 50364)
Yes that is wishful thinking

ANd I would keep him because he is a solid back up, though not a great option as a long term starter.

You are not going to get back in value in a trade what he is worth to the team. I still think Luck will be back and will be OK next year, but he has been injury prone and you never know with the bad OL if he will survive the season

Amen. Just wanted to add some redundancy here given my criticism of Brissett over the season to get on record that, while I don't think Brissett is a QB1, I think with an offseason of actual coaching in an actual system, he's about as good as it gets if Luck has to miss 2-3 weeks at any point or isn't ready to go at the start of the season.

indycolts2 01-06-2018 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 50385)
I disagree. He was a late 3rd rd pick. Isn't his value higher now, than when he was drafted?

So I can easily see him being worth an early 3rd rd. pick.

Yeah I don't understand the thinking that Brissett isn't worth much more than a late round pick. Rushed into a new system, learning on the fly with an admittedly weak o-line and some skill position players without much skill or desire I think he did pretty well all things considered.

VeveJones007 01-06-2018 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 50394)
Amen. Just wanted to add some redundancy here given my criticism of Brissett over the season to get on record that, while I don't think Brissett is a QB1, I think with an offseason of actual coaching in an actual system, he's about as good as it gets if Luck has to miss 2-3 weeks at any point or isn't ready to go at the start of the season.

Agreed. He has a lot of tools. He just made so many misreads that a better coach might be able to correct them or simplify the scheme (or both).

FatDT 01-06-2018 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indycolts2 (Post 50395)
Yeah I don't understand the thinking that Brissett isn't worth much more than a late round pick. Rushed into a new system, learning on the fly with an admittedly weak o-line and some skill position players without much skill or desire I think he did pretty well all things considered.

I don't think he sucks. I like Brisset. I just don't think he has much trade value.

Maniac 01-07-2018 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indycolts2 (Post 50395)

It's pretty simple. From what he showed so far, he looks to be a backup qb. Didn't see open guys, held onto the ball too long, etc. Can he correct those things? Possibly, but at this point, I don't see a team being willing to give up a decent draft pick to acquire him.