PDA

View Full Version : Uniform and logo tweaks

Thorgrim
04-13-2020, 01:35 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colts-unveil-small-tweaks-to-uniforms-new-alternate-logo-and-wordmark/ar-BB12zc1R?li=BBnbfcL

So what do you think?

I don’t think you’ll ever find a better font than our original. The new one lacks character so I call the change a huge miss. As far as the alternate logo is concerned I can’t help but think there might have been a better way to pay honor with a cleaner design. I’m ambivalent about the uniform at this
point. I need to go back and look at them closer before rendering judgement although I do like having the name COLTS on the helmet front regardless of the font.

Discflinger
04-13-2020, 02:00 PM
The Indiana C hurts my eyes.

Pez
04-13-2020, 02:03 PM
I like the different 'wordmark' the old font was pretty dated and didn't really represent much or call to mind anything than old westerns.I like the new one, it's simpler, more straightforward.

I agree with you on the Indiana alternate logo. It looks like a design 101 piece made by a clever but overzealous student. Yes, there are seven nail holes and Indiana in the center makes it look sort of like a C, and that's sort of a horse shoe.... in reality, it's precisely none of those things... it's not quite an Indiana map, not quite a C, not quite a horseshoe.

rcubed
04-13-2020, 02:58 PM
Indiana C is terrible. I have never liked the bucking horse logo. The others are fine but unnecessary imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pez
04-13-2020, 03:03 PM
If you sort of glance at the Indiana C logo, it looks like a broken set of teeth. Not exactly good optics for the Hoosier state.

Maniac
04-13-2020, 04:08 PM
Looks like shit.

Brylok
04-13-2020, 05:10 PM
As long as they don't change the uniforms, I can live with whatever other dumb stuff they come up with. Colts uniforms are classic and, especially the white one, clean. It blows my mind when so many Colts fans want all blue or black (barf) uniforms. Leave them alone!
I hope they get rid of pounding that anvil thing they stole from Minnesota as well.

Butter
04-13-2020, 05:23 PM
I hate it

Brylok
04-13-2020, 05:47 PM
The 'woodcut' looks better.
The Indiana C is bad. I don't like it at all.
The old horse logo is fine but it's a Baltimore thing to me and I don't think we should use it.
The number font is fine but it's not an improvement on what we had before.
Overall: meh. Pretty useless all around.

apballin
04-13-2020, 06:43 PM
Yeah don’t like the Indiana C, that’s a fail has nothing to do with a horseshoe, it’s just an alternate logo so whatever. I’m fine with how they are although the new horseshoe on the side looks better I’d just like to see an alternate color for 1 game, they added black to the color list (the anvil isn’t going anywhere) so hopefully that’s it a black with blue number alternate.

I still like the blue face masks from the Harbaugh days

YDFL Commish
04-13-2020, 07:10 PM
Yeah don’t like the Indiana C, that’s a fail has nothing to do with a horseshoe, it’s just an alternate logo so whatever. I’m fine with how they are although the new horseshoe on the side looks better I’d just like to see an alternate color for 1 game, they added black to the color list (the anvil isn’t going anywhere) so hopefully that’s it a black with blue number alternate.

I still like the blue face masks from the Harbaugh days

The word art is an improvement. The number font is okay. Everything else is useless.

I have always wanted the Colts to add the shadowing to the number font, like UK does and the 49'rs did for a time in the 90's. I think that would be a cool look.

smitty46953
04-13-2020, 08:25 PM
If it's not broken, no need to fix it !!! :cool:

omahacolt
04-13-2020, 09:02 PM

Exactly right, smitty

PowayColt
04-13-2020, 10:17 PM
The Indiana "C" is BUTT UGLY. Who in the world would come up with that kind of crap. I didn't notice the difference in the numbers. Will have to check out photos to compare. The old "Colt" font is fine. The new one so-so. Just leave everything alone...and NO BLACK!!!!

bertjones
04-14-2020, 01:23 PM

Aye.....

daedge
04-14-2020, 02:56 PM
I'm just glad the Indiana C is only a secondary logo.

Maniac
04-14-2020, 07:42 PM
I'm just glad the Indiana C is only a secondary logo.

What the fuck is the point of a secondary logo? In case the primary logo ruptures an ACL or something?

If they are going to go for a money grab to sell merchandise, then at least make it something that doesn't look like a child drew it and got a participation ribbon for it.

Chromeburn
04-14-2020, 08:03 PM
Looks the same. You can’t even see the Colts name on the helmet unless you zoom in. Maybe if you’re a player. Number font, meh, whatever. The rest is branding to sell t-shirts.

smitty46953
04-14-2020, 09:14 PM
Looks the same. You can’t even see the Colts name on the helmet unless you zoom in. Maybe if you’re a player. Number font, meh, whatever. The rest is branding to sell t-shirts.

Ugly T-Shirts :eek:

Pez
04-15-2020, 09:24 AM
The C will go away, turns Out they ripped it off from Cathedral High school in Indy:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/colts-new-logo-design-high-school/49z1lfd4vwpi1w6aurffyzyr3

Chromeburn
04-15-2020, 09:59 AM
The C will go away, turns Out they ripped it off from Cathedral High school in Indy:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/colts-new-logo-design-high-school/49z1lfd4vwpi1w6aurffyzyr3

Haha whoever came up with the graphic probably went to cathedral or had a kid go there. Should have gone to a real ad or marketing agency out of NY or Miami.

Chromeburn
04-15-2020, 10:00 AM
Ugly T-Shirts :eek:

But they added black as a color now.

Brylok
04-15-2020, 03:06 PM

Haha! Good. The high school one looks better.