03-17-2020, 08:49 AM
Just heard on ESPN.

Hasn’t said to where but he posted on social media that he is leaving

smitty46953
03-17-2020, 09:00 AM
Chargers or Bucs ? :cool:

albany ed
03-17-2020, 09:00 AM
I can't imagine that. With such uncertainty as to when teams can get together and practice, Brady going to another team with an unfamiliar offensive scheme and players that he's never played with before? The only way this makes sense to me is if BB has said he's done with Brady.

Luck4Reich
03-17-2020, 09:02 AM
Yep.. it’s on front page of ESPN.com

Maniac
03-17-2020, 09:08 AM
He's 42. He should be retiring instead of going to another team.

Chromeburn
03-17-2020, 09:48 AM
Maybe Raiders too. He will get killed on the Bucs. Lots of talent but lots of hits with that long ball scheme.

Brylok
03-17-2020, 09:56 AM
Perhaps Brissett will be traded back to New England? If Rivers is coming to the Colts, it's a possibility. Who knows what's going on with the QB position?

smitty46953
03-17-2020, 09:59 AM
Personally I could care less, where he lands.

However I can't wait to watch as the Patriots fans all turn on Tom Brady. It's going to be beautiful. :cool:

Butter
03-17-2020, 10:05 AM
This is such an interesting timeline we are living in.

indcolts18288
03-17-2020, 10:08 AM
Yeah now let’s see how loyal “pats nation” really is.

smitty46953
03-17-2020, 10:09 AM
Yeah now let’s see how loyal “pats nation” really is.

Welcome back !!! :cool:

indcolts18288
03-17-2020, 10:09 AM
Personally I could care less, where he lands.

However I can't wait to watch as the Patriots fans all turn on Tom Brady. It's going to be beautiful. :cool:

Wow look at all you guys still here! Man! You guys realize I was 19 years old when I joined the old IndyStar boards?! I’m 38! So cool to see you all.

indcolts18288
03-17-2020, 10:11 AM
Welcome back !!! :cool:

Thanks! You know since the invention of the cell phone I just got rid of the laptop and kinda forgot about this place! I feel terrible! I post on Facebook on Colts Nation a lot but that place has become a cesspool so I thought, “let me see if these old bastards are still around?!”
Good to see you guys!

smitty46953
03-17-2020, 10:15 AM
Thanks! You know since the invention of the cell phone I just got rid of the laptop and kinda forgot about this place! I feel terrible! I post on Facebook on Colts Nation a lot but that place has become a cesspool so I thought, “let me see if these old bastards are still around?!”
Good to see you guys!

Stick around this time, lot busier during season. :cool:

indcolts18288
03-17-2020, 10:16 AM
Stick around this time, lot busier during season. :cool:

Yeah I’ll definitely have to! Especially since this forum uses Tapatalk. So much easier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spike
03-17-2020, 10:21 AM
Maybe Raiders too. He will get killed on the Bucs. Lots of talent but lots of hits with that long ball scheme.

Yep, so let's hope he goes to the Bucs.

indcolts18288
03-17-2020, 10:25 AM
Yep, so let's hope he goes to the Bucs.

Am I the only one who thinks he might end up in San Fran?

indcolts18288
03-17-2020, 10:26 AM
This is such an interesting timeline we are living in.

Oh Butter you’ve always been such a good guy! Lol

smitty46953
03-17-2020, 10:27 AM
I think San Francisco said they were not in on the Brady sweepstakes but who knows? :cool:

Spike
03-17-2020, 10:33 AM
Good to see you guys!

You should feel terrible. In all seriousness, great to have you back!!!

Yes, most of us old bastards are still here. I was also on Colts.com for awhile, but that place is a cesspool too. You can't say shit without that moderator, I think her name is Nadine, ripping you a new ass. This is the best Colt's forum, hands down and it isn't even close.

indcolts18288
03-17-2020, 10:34 AM
I think San Francisco said they were not in on the Brady sweepstakes but who knows? :cool:

I didn’t know that. I thought maybe since they unloaded Buckner they could make him an offer but I’m 100% speculating. You’re probably accurate.

Spike
03-17-2020, 10:35 AM
Am I the only one who thinks he might end up in San Fran?

I live in a family of 49er fans, and none of them want his old ass there. I don't think the 49ers will pursue him.

smitty46953
03-17-2020, 10:39 AM
You’re probably accurate.

I normally am, ask my wife LOL :eek:

rcubed
03-17-2020, 10:42 AM
I can't imagine that. With such uncertainty as to when teams can get together and practice, Brady going to another team with an unfamiliar offensive scheme and players that he's never played with before? The only way this makes sense to me is if BB has said he's done with Brady.
Dan Patrick had Tom Curran (ESPN reporter with deep roots into pats org) on this morning. Sounds like BB finally got his way in pushing brady out and the team was not offering him anything or anything substantial so brady just said he was done there. or something along those lines.

indcolts18288
03-17-2020, 10:42 AM
Check it out. [emoji2356]
We better win the f’n super bowl! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200317/021b7a39a76af78a763c5cd5527560a4.jpg

Colts And Orioles
03-17-2020, 11:07 AM
o

In the twilight of his career, Peyton Manning took all of about 3 or 4 games to essentially transform the 2012 Denver Broncos' offense into what was the great Indianapolis Colts offenses that he engineered between 2002 and 2010 ........ he came on board to a shit squad that was lucky to finish at 8-8 the previous season with Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow taking the snaps behind the center.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/results.nsf/Teams/2012-den

If Tom Brady goes to a similarly mediocre team in 2020 as Manning did in his transition to the Broncos in 2012, then we will get somewhat of an apt/apples-to-apples comparison between the two ........ if Brady goes to an already very good team in 2020 and continues to sustain that already good team, we'll probably see more unwarranted dick-licking from his admirers that have been giving him more credit than he deserves while playing on many great New England Patriots teams, a team that went 11-5 without him in the 2011 season with Matt Cassel taking the snaps behind the center.

The 2008 Patriots Will Forever be Bill Belichick’s True Masterpiece

(By Michael Seff)

http://draftamerica.com/the-2008-patriots-will-forever-be-bill-belichicks-true-masterpiece/

o

kitekrazy
03-17-2020, 02:14 PM
I think with all old athletes not named Michael Jordan, it's a risk to fork over a lot money not knowing when age sets in.

When it came to Manning he played under 3 head coaches in Indy.

We should share the same caution when it comes if the Colts get Rivers. Does age set in?

Racehorse
03-17-2020, 07:20 PM
$30M per year with TB and Arians. Arians offense will get him killed. I am liking this move.

Chromeburn
03-17-2020, 09:48 PM
I’ll leave this here

https://i.imgur.com/DDX5Gq1.jpg

apballin
03-17-2020, 09:55 PM
Fuck Brady, you ain’t the goat mf, the goat won Super Bowls with 2 different teams

Luck4Reich
03-17-2020, 10:16 PM
Buccaneers equipment manager seen purchasing a body bag.:cool:

RIP Brady.

Colts And Orioles
03-22-2020, 04:14 PM
o

The Story Behind the Split of Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and the Patriots

(By Seth Wickersham)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28936050/the-story-split-tom-brady-bill-belichick-patriots

o

Chromeburn
03-23-2020, 11:43 AM
o

The Story Behind the Split of Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and the Patriots

(By Seth Wickersham)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28936050/the-story-split-tom-brady-bill-belichick-patriots

o

Who was that patriots troll who said what happened to Manning would never happen to Brady? At least we thought Manning would never play again. They just got sick of each other. Guess assholes do that.

1965southpaw
03-23-2020, 01:04 PM
Interesting.......I have a hard time believing Tommy boy would have any interest coming to the colts. Not only would it be a giant fuck you to Bill but also to Kraft and the fan base that he claims to love "like family". Who knows.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tom-brady-had-interest-colts-141818971.html

Chaka
03-23-2020, 03:28 PM
Now Gostkowski getting cut...

https://nfltraderumors.co/patriots-releasing-k-stephen-gostkowski/

Racehorse
03-23-2020, 03:34 PM
Now Gostkowski getting cut...

https://nfltraderumors.co/patriots-releasing-k-stephen-gostkowski/

Not a shocker. The guy lost his mojo last season.

njcoltfan
03-23-2020, 03:39 PM

Opens the door for Vinnie to return !!!

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
03-23-2020, 03:57 PM

Only surprising part is that it took this long....the Cheats don't have much cap space and this move adds about $1.0MM to their cap.

Chromeburn
03-23-2020, 04:43 PM
Interesting.......I have a hard time believing Tommy boy would have any interest coming to the colts. Not only would it be a giant fuck you to Bill but also to Kraft and the fan base that he claims to love "like family". Who knows.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tom-brady-had-interest-colts-141818971.html

They did get burned by the pats before. But I think this more had to do with Rivers knowing the system, and the coaches familiarity with him more than anything. He knows the terminology, it hasn't changed. Plays, checkdowns, etc. Tommy would have to learn a whole new systme, like he does in Tampa. Colts should be able to start faster out of the gate. Especially if there isn't much of an off season.

Chaka
03-23-2020, 05:14 PM
Setting aside the basic question as to whether it would ever make sense to sign a 43-year old QB to a two-year contract at the kind of dollars he's receiving, the bottom line is I would never trust Brady to sign here with us. We embarrassed him and his whole organization five years ago - he was suspended four games and his reputation was further tarnished. I think we'd have to be idiots to trust him to follow through on any deals we negotiated with him.

Dam8610
03-23-2020, 05:22 PM
Setting aside the basic question as to whether it would ever make sense to sign a 43-year old QB to a two-year contract at the kind of dollars he's receiving, the bottom line is I would never trust Brady to sign here with us. We embarrassed him and his whole organization five years ago - he was suspended four games and his reputation was further tarnished. I think we'd have to be idiots to trust him to follow through on any deals we negotiated with him.

Not to mention fuck him and that entire piece of shit franchise in New England. I think Ballard was smart enough to know he would have lost half or more of the fanbase signing Brady. I would never have supported a Colts team with Tom Brady as its starting QB, or even on its roster, for that matter.

Maniac
03-23-2020, 06:19 PM
Not to mention fuck him and that entire piece of shit franchise in New England. I think Ballard was smart enough to know he would have lost half or more of the fanbase signing Brady.

You sure about that? He did try to hire Josh McDaniels

Luck4Reich
03-23-2020, 06:25 PM
Yep Brady has to learn a whole new system that doesn't implement cheating. I hope he has the worst year imaginable GOAT my ass!

Dam8610
03-23-2020, 06:50 PM
You sure about that? He did try to hire Josh McDaniels

That whole debacle was what finally clued him into it. Also, I think a lot less people would've left over McCheater becoming the head coach than would've left over Brady as the starting QB. Personally, I view Brady as the personification of everything wrong with and bad in the NFL. I doubt many Colts fans feel much differently about it.

YDFL Commish
03-23-2020, 08:08 PM
They did get burned by the pats before. But I think this more had to do with Rivers knowing the system, and the coaches familiarity with him more than anything. He knows the terminology, it hasn't changed. Plays, checkdowns, etc. Tommy would have to learn a whole new systme, like he does in Tampa. Colts should be able to start faster out of the gate. Especially if there isn't much of an off season.

What's interesting is that he will be learning the Bruce Arians, Tom Moore, Clyde Christensen system.

I would be willing to bet that he consulted with Peyton before making this decision.

Chromeburn
03-23-2020, 10:01 PM
What's interesting is that he will be learning the Bruce Arians, Tom Moore, Clyde Christensen system.

I would be willing to bet that he consulted with Peyton before making this decision.

He might have. I think they are friends off the field. Arians definitely likes to air it out though. They have talent, but their line sucks. Our line is good, but we really need receiver help.

Brylok
03-23-2020, 10:39 PM
I've been waiting for the Patriots demise for over 15 years (probably like most of you). However, I'm not going to dance in their grave just yet until I'm sure they are dead. That being said, with Stidman and Hoyer, they probably are. Ding, dong, and so on.

rcubed
03-23-2020, 11:37 PM
I've been waiting for the Patriots demise for over 15 years (probably like most of you). However, I'm not going to dance in their grave just yet until I'm sure they are dead. That being said, with Stidman and Hoyer, they probably are. Ding, dong, and so on.

I feel similar but I will need to see them down for a number of seasons to really call their dynasty dead, which is what I really want.

albany ed
03-24-2020, 06:46 AM
I know Brady is pretty old now, and the Pats currently don't have a decent replacement for Brady, but this coming season has a chance to settle the debate of who was most responsible for the Pats success. Brady? or BB?

Johanvil
03-24-2020, 07:31 AM
He has no shame whatsoever. The absolute nerve to try and sell that snake oil shit in these times.

https://i.postimg.cc/zGh30MCf/ET3-RSja-Wk-AEJAz3.jpg

rcubed
03-24-2020, 10:54 AM
He has no shame whatsoever. The absolute nerve to try and sell that snake oil shit in these times.

come on, dude has kids to feed. and illegitimate kids too.

Dam8610
03-24-2020, 01:16 PM
I know Brady is pretty old now, and the Pats currently don't have a decent replacement for Brady, but this coming season has a chance to settle the debate of who was most responsible for the Pats success. Brady? or BB?

Correct answer: Ernie Adams.

Maniac
03-24-2020, 02:21 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/zGh30MCf/ET3-RSja-Wk-AEJAz3.jpg

Please stop posting pictures of shit on this forum.

Colts And Orioles
03-24-2020, 03:12 PM
I know Brady is pretty old now, and the Pats currently don't have a decent replacement for Brady, but this coming season has a chance to settle the debate of who was most responsible for the Patriots' success. Brady? or BB?

o

As I alluded to in a previous post, there already is some evidence.

o

o

In the twilight of his career, Peyton Manning took all of about 3 or 4 games to essentially transform the 2012 Denver Broncos' offense into what was the great Indianapolis Colts offenses that he engineered between 2002 and 2010 ........ he came on board to a shit squad that was lucky to finish at 8-8 the previous season with Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow taking the snaps behind the center.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/results.nsf/Teams/2012-den

If Tom Brady goes to a similarly mediocre team in 2020 as Manning did in his transition to the Broncos in 2012, then we will get somewhat of an apt/apples-to-apples comparison between the two ........ if Brady goes to an already very good team in 2020 and continues to sustain that already good team, we'll probably see more unwarranted dick-licking from his admirers that have been giving him more credit than he deserves while playing on many great New England Patriots teams, a team that went 11-5 without him in the 2011 season with Matt Cassel taking the snaps behind the center.

The 2008 Patriots Will Forever be Bill Belichick’s True Masterpiece

(By Michael Seff)

http://draftamerica.com/the-2008-patriots-will-forever-be-bill-belichicks-true-masterpiece/

o

Colts And Orioles
03-24-2020, 03:21 PM
o

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Patriots went 16-0 with Tom Brady at QB in 2007.

The Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Cassel at QB in 2008.

The Patriots went 10-6 with Tom Brady at QB in 2009.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/stats.nsf/Annual/2007-ne

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/stats.nsf/Annual/2008-ne

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/stats.nsf/Annual/2009-ne

o