PDA

View Full Version : CBA Approved

smitty46953
03-15-2020, 10:31 AM
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

Sources to ESPN: NFL players voted to approve the proposed CBA, giving the NFL 10 more years of labor peace, players an increased share of revenue, former players added benefits, and the league 17-game regular seasons along with an expanded playoff field.

:cool:

Maniac
03-15-2020, 11:15 AM
Glad they came to an agreement, but I don't care for watering down the playoff field even more.

Racehorse
03-15-2020, 02:18 PM
Glad they came to an agreement, but I don't care for watering down the playoff field even more.

I am also not too keen on yet another game for key players to get injured in.

Butter
03-15-2020, 03:56 PM

Agreed, I also hate only the 1 seed getting the bye.

rcubed
03-15-2020, 08:35 PM
I dont like expanded playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironshaft
03-16-2020, 09:50 AM
I dont like expanded playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sort of like the change from the standpoint of that only the top team now gets a bye.

In some years, the #2 team is determined not be record (i.e. a couple of teams tie at 10-6 or 11-5) and perhaps not by head-to-head but instead by lesser factors (Div record, Conf record, SoS).

Often, there is one team that "wins" the conference by having the best record and thus gets the #1 seed. That should be rewarded. Win it all or play on Wild Card Weekend.

I can see those that don't like it but I think it is a fine change.

Chromeburn
03-16-2020, 10:37 AM

NFL will only be happy until there is a football game played every night of the week. They don't get the concept of over saturation. I barely watch Thursday and Monday now as it is.