PDA

View Full Version : Analysis on 1070

Beeb
12-31-2019, 06:24 AM
If you don’t listen to Rick Venturi after every game...I just highly recommend it
(https://www.1075thefan.com/blogs/ride-jmv/what-do-colts-have-thats-good)
In his season wrap-up edition he describes why Eberflus is a failure as DC and why Ballard’s drafting is questionable. For instance, 2 second rounders who cannot cover without holding. Just food for thought.

apballin
12-31-2019, 10:21 AM
Listen after every game I love his breakdowns but he bashes everybody he’s the type of guy that would keep all the players humble I’ve heard him bash Nelson and Leonard he pulls no punches but I love it

Chromeburn
12-31-2019, 11:18 AM
If you don’t listen to Rick Venturi after every game...I just highly recommend it
(https://www.1075thefan.com/blogs/ride-jmv/what-do-colts-have-thats-good)
In his season wrap-up edition he describes why Eberflus is a failure as DC and why Ballard’s drafting is questionable. For instance, 2 second rounders who cannot cover without holding. Just food for thought.

We definitely need to check how we evaluate corners.

smitty46953
12-31-2019, 12:02 PM
I listen as well to Venturi, but take his expertise with a grain of salt. As a head coach at Northwestern he was 1-31-1 and as an interim NFL Head coach he was a whopping 2-17. If he was all that and a bag pf chips he would have amounted to more. With that said just don't take it as the gospel. IMHO [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MDColtsfan
12-31-2019, 12:21 PM
He's entertaining and has good knowledge, but this dude also wanted Pat Shurmur at coach. he doesn't bat 1000.

I agree with the the Eberflus and cover 2 along with the twist/stunt problems.

Chromeburn
12-31-2019, 12:28 PM
He's entertaining and has good knowledge, but this dude also wanted Pat Shurmur at coach. he doesn't bat 1000.

I agree with the the Eberflus and cover 2 along with the twist/stunt problems.

Pat Shurmur is pretty well thought of around the league. He should get another job pretty quick. Looks like they are looking into the snake now so see how that will go.

rm1369
12-31-2019, 02:05 PM
What I find most interesting is all the little jabs at Ballard - some I agree with and some I don’t. It will be a very interesting off season. This could potentially be a really bad team next year, especially if AC retires. Will be interesting to see if Ballard starts feeling the pressure and modifies his approach at all.

Racehorse
12-31-2019, 02:22 PM
Listen after every game I love his breakdowns but he bashes everybody he’s the type of guy that would keep all the players humble I’ve heard him bash Nelson and Leonard he pulls no punches but I love it

Well, if you love him, then I think he is an idiot.

YDFL Commish
12-31-2019, 02:39 PM

Or how we coach them?

Brylok
12-31-2019, 03:45 PM
I listen as well to Venturi, but take his expertise with a grain of salt. As a head coach at Northwestern he was 1-31-1 and as an interim NFL Head coach he was a whopping 2-17. If he was all that and a bag pf chips he would have amounted to more. With that said just don't take it as the gospel. IMHO [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I listened to him on JMV's podcast yesterday and agreed with most of it. Particularly about the defensive scheme. However, a lot of the time he sounds like he likes to hear himself talk

apballin
12-31-2019, 05:36 PM
Well, if you love him, then I think he is an idiot.

I didn’t say I wanted him as a coach, I love his takes reminds me of mick talking to Rocky

omahacolt
12-31-2019, 08:36 PM

Or maybe get a pass rush? Which we don’t have regardless of how many picks Ballard has spent there

Dewey 5
12-31-2019, 09:05 PM
Pat Shurmur is pretty well thought of around the league. He should get another job pretty quick. Looks like they are looking into the snake now so see how that will go.

He's a good OC. Some guys are just meant to be good coordinators not the HC & that is what he is.

Chromeburn
12-31-2019, 10:11 PM
Or maybe get a pass rush? Which we don’t have regardless of how many picks Ballard has spent there

It would certainly help. But a pass rush won’t improve Ya Sin’s technique, only he can do that.

Chromeburn
12-31-2019, 10:13 PM

He's a good OC. Some guys are just meant to be good coordinators not the HC & that is what he is.

Maybe, still think the Giants are a work in progress. Rookie QBs rarely light the league up.

Hoopsdoc
01-01-2020, 10:35 AM

The pass rush was looking up until Turay broke his leg. He has potential. Houston ended up with 12 sacks. Banogu didn’t do much, but has potential.

Ballard was maybe one guy off from nailing the pass rush.

Colt Classic
01-01-2020, 10:51 AM
The pass rush was looking up until Turay broke his leg. He has potential. Houston ended up with 12 sacks. Banogu didn’t do much, but has potential.

Ballard was maybe one guy off from nailing the pass rush.

With as many needs as there are, they might as well use hope and happy thoughts to fill some of the voids as necessary. There aren't enough difference makers to be had in free agency and the draft won't fix it all either.

JAFF
01-01-2020, 12:44 PM
It would certainly help. But a pass rush won’t improve Ya Sin’s technique, only he can do that.

He was a rookie, so improvement is possible