Pagano is not the only bad coach in the NFL
Young and fast is still better than old and slow

sherck
02-05-2017, 11:36 PM
#WorstSuperBowlEver

Cheers,

Mr. Session
02-05-2017, 11:41 PM
For all this hot shit about Shanahan - that offense fucking folded in the second half.

Seemed like after they lost Coleman they stopped pushing the run as much.

DrSpaceman
02-05-2017, 11:44 PM
Jesus Christ was a horrible coaching job

KICK THE FG!!!! RUN THE BALLL!!!! All you had to do, game over

Mr. Session
02-05-2017, 11:48 PM
Atlanta got to hold the L from Elway and we've been watching that game for 20 years everytime they show an Elway highlight.

Now Atlanta gets to hold this L, because people will never stop talking about this game.

Brylok
02-05-2017, 11:50 PM
Biggest choke job in Super Bowl history right there. Fitting that an Atlanta team did it.

Indiana V2
02-05-2017, 11:58 PM
Coaching matters. The Patriots do what they do, and Atlanta choked. Why do teams wet themselves when they have a chance to step on the Patriots throat?

Colts And Orioles
02-06-2017, 12:00 AM
Atlanta got to hold the L from Elway and we've been watching that game for 20 years everytime they show an Elway highlight.

Now Atlanta gets to hold this L, because people will never stop talking about this game.

o

I thought the same thing when the Seahawks blew it 2 years ago, with the INT on 2nd down on the one yardline. I thought that nit would never stop being talked about.

Today's game was definitely more of a choke job by the Falcons than was that game by the Seahawks ...... but Mike Francesca said that the Seahawks would take that loss to their graves with them, and I agree with him. They had the unstoppable beast in the backfield with TWO chances to get one yard and a touchdown, and we never saw that happen because of the INT when Russell Wilson tried to force the ball in there. They had a chance for back-to-back Super Bowl wins and a possible place among the all-time great teams, and they choked it away on with an inexplicable decision.

Blue Thunder
02-06-2017, 03:22 AM
some things never change...the wife is fat and the super bowl sucks ....every year ....well except for 10 years ago ....and then my wife wasn't fat....and neither was I.

daedge
02-06-2017, 03:32 AM
For all this hot shit about Shanahan - that offense fucking folded in the second half.

Seemed like after they lost Coleman they stopped pushing the run as much.

Do you blame them? They were on the field most of the game due to Shanahan's piss poor play calling.

They were gassed.

They made ample plays to win this game, it was their O that couldn't get shit done when they needed to.

njcoltfan
02-06-2017, 07:05 AM
What I learned is that coaching matters.

sherck
02-06-2017, 08:00 AM
You never throttle back against good teams.

That seems to be something that a majority of coaches never learn. You never throttle back.

Man, most disappointed that I have been in a SB since Manning's Pick 6 against the 'Aints.

#WorstSuperBowlEver

Cheers,

Mr. Session
02-06-2017, 08:12 AM
Do you blame them? They were on the field most of the game due to Shanahan's piss poor play calling.

They were gassed.

They made ample plays to win this game, it was their O that couldn't get shit done when they needed to.

I mean the T.O.P. stat was skewed towards New England after the first half IIRC.

but like others have said. At one point Atlanta needed a fieldgoal and could have just given Freeman the ball and even taken a 1-2 yard loss on a run play. Instead Shanahan went full Pagano (Never go full Pagano) and overthunk the shit.

Indiana V2
02-06-2017, 09:05 AM
I mean the T.O.P. stat was skewed towards New England after the first half IIRC.

but like others have said. At one point Atlanta needed a fieldgoal and could have just given Freeman the ball and even taken a 1-2 yard loss on a run play. Instead Shanahan went full Pagano (Never go full Pagano) and overthunk the shit.

Yeah, we are screwed with Pagano still the coach, because he's full Pagano all the time.

GoBigBlue88
02-06-2017, 09:12 AM
If Matt Ryan doesn't take 2 of the most dumbass sacks I have ever seen, Falcons win that game.

Hard for me to get too up in arms about Shanahan when a MVP QB can't even recognize when to throw a damn ball away.

If I'm the Colts, I make Andrew Luck watch that tape several times this offseason to make sure he learns from Ryan's mistakes.

Colts And Orioles
02-06-2017, 09:45 AM
If Matt Ryan doesn't take 2 of the most dumbass sacks I have ever seen, Falcons win that game.

Hard for me to get too up in arms about Shanahan when an MVP QB can't even recognize when to throw a damn ball away.

If I'm the Colts, I make Andrew Luck watch that tape several times this offseason to make sure he learns from Ryan's mistakes.

o

Or simply make his own call in the huddle and/or audible at the line of scrimmage for a running play.

Just because your offensive coordinator (and/or your head coach) are acting like imbeciles does not mean that you are absolved of the responsibility of recognizing their incompetence, and acting accordingly.

One of my most distinct moments of Peyton Manning's career came in the 2005 season divisional playoff loss to the Steelers. Down by a score of 21-3 with the 4th quarter about to start, Tony Dungy told the punt team to take the field. Realizing that that would have essentially been conceding the game, Manning defied Dungy and told the punt team to get the hell off of the field. The Colts went for it on 4th and 2, got the first down, and proceeded to score a touchdown on that drive to cut the lead to a manageable 21-10.

If Manning can directly defy his head coach by telling the punting team to get off of the field, then other quarterbacks (such as Russel Wilson 2 years ago, and Matt Ryan yesterday) can certainly tell their 10 teammates in the huddle to ignore the moronic play called by the offensive coordinator, and do as he (the quarterback) says.
o

Racehorse
02-06-2017, 10:08 AM
As much as it pains me to say it, you have to tip your hat to NE. They have a way of making teams pay for their own stupidity. Scratch and claw back into a game they have no business winning and take it on a fluke catch and a QB who forgets how to play in the 4th quarter.

However, Brady was not the MVP of that game.

Coltsalr
02-06-2017, 10:29 AM
I went to bed last night hoping I wouldn't still be so angry over this.

Nothing has changed.

rcubed
02-06-2017, 12:52 PM

Hard for me to get too up in arms about Shanahan when a MVP QB can't even recognize when to throw a damn ball away.

while this is true, shanahan should have known better than to put his QB is that position. They were in field goal range. Run the ball (you were averaging 6+ ypc) then kick a field goal. that puts you up by two scores. NE would have needed a TD, 2 pt conv, onside kick, and field goal then.

GoBigBlue88
02-06-2017, 01:19 PM
while this is true, shanahan should have known better than to put his QB is that position. They were in field goal range. Run the ball (you were averaging 6+ ypc) then kick a field goal. that puts you up by two scores. NE would have needed a TD, 2 pt conv, onside kick, and field goal then.

It's a moot point if Ryan doesn't take that sack (or a previous sack, really). Then they still kick the FG and go ahead.

Shanahan's playcalling was far from flawless. But no one complained when Ryan hit Gabriel for 40yds or Jones for 20yds that same drive. At some point, your MVP QB has to understand the freaking situation.

Optimal strategy is to run 3x then kick, because you bleed clock and go up 2 scores. Patriots were going heavy with a bear front, though, so I get throwing to win too. Not my choice or the best clock management choice, but you'd been doing it that drive anyway. Problem was throwing on 2nd down to stop the clock, and then Matt Ryan just being a total dumbass.

Basically: I think Matt Ryan is getting way too much slack, and Shanahan way too much blame, for that result.

rcubed
02-06-2017, 02:30 PM
It's a moot point if Ryan doesn't take that sack (or a previous sack, really). Then they still kick the FG and go ahead.

Shanahan's playcalling was far from flawless. But no one complained when Ryan hit Gabriel for 40yds or Jones for 20yds that same drive. At some point, your MVP QB has to understand the freaking situation.

Optimal strategy is to run 3x then kick, because you bleed clock and go up 2 scores. Patriots were going heavy with a bear front, though, so I get throwing to win too. Not my choice or the best clock management choice, but you'd been doing it that drive anyway. Problem was throwing on 2nd down to stop the clock, and then Matt Ryan just being a total dumbass.

Basically: I think Matt Ryan is getting way too much slack, and Shanahan way too much blame, for that result.
I agree ryan should not have taken the sack, get rid of the ball, and he should take more blame.

I also agree about the pass plays, but that was at a different field position. When they got in FG range they should have ran it IMO. Or try a pass on first then run it two times. But yes, ultimately you cannot take a sack in that situation, and the holding penalty sure didnt help. We are basically agreeing.

Maniac
02-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Jesus Christ was a horrible coaching job

Don't blame me!

PeytonsForehead
02-06-2017, 04:48 PM
When will dumbass teams learn that the Pats are cutthroat... They never quit and make teams pay for it.. Coaching matters when you make adjustments at half time. Since we got the CLAP we don't know anything about that.

Colts And Orioles
02-06-2017, 04:52 PM
Jesus Christ was a horrible coaching job.

Don't blame me!

o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT3ubKy5GYI

o

Dam8610
02-06-2017, 04:57 PM
The WWNFL has decided to put Brady on a pedestal again, I see.

rcubed
02-06-2017, 05:07 PM

major knob slobbing again. hardly any mention of the defense that gifted him great field position with the strip sack and then the next sack that helped push ATL out of field goal range.

Spike
02-06-2017, 06:13 PM

I like what Rob Parker called Tom Brady, L.O.A.T. Luckiest Of All Time. The Seahawks and Falcons basically just handed the Pats SB wins, makes me ill. Just pathetic coaching from both teams.

Spike
02-06-2017, 06:21 PM

While Ryan did take 2 of the most dumbass sacks, he shouldn't have even been put in that situation. Coaches were to blame for this loss. Run, run, run, kick a field goal, win the game. It really is quite simple.

Spike
02-06-2017, 07:02 PM
Coaching matters. The Patriots do what they do, and Atlanta choked. Why do teams wet themselves when they have a chance to step on the Patriots throat?

Coaching absolutely matters, that's why I am still pissed that the Colts retained Pagano. He's a horrible coach and I can't for the life of me understand why Irsay retained that SOB.

daedge
02-06-2017, 07:37 PM
Every second counts, yet the Falcons were snapping the ball with 10-15 seconds left on the play clock in the fourth quarter.

There was 13sec left on the play clock when they snapped the ball on the play Jones made that great catch to put them deep into New England territory.

Baffling.

Spike
02-06-2017, 07:45 PM
Every second counts, yet the Falcons were snapping the ball with 10-15 seconds left on the play clock in the fourth quarter.

There was 13sec left on the play clock when they snapped the ball on the play Jones made that great catch to put them deep into New England territory.

Baffling.

The Falcon coaches and Matt Ryan are just dumb. They had NE beat and just fucked it up.

kitekrazy
02-06-2017, 10:24 PM
It's not that the Patriots are that good it's just that the rest of the NFL is that bad.

They are so well coached. I'm jealous when comparing to what we have. Interesting when those coaches leave to become head coaches they flop.

Would you give up 2 1st round picks to have BB as your head coach? I would especially when Grigson was drafting.

Indiana V2
02-07-2017, 07:45 AM
It's not that the Patriots are that good it's just that the rest of the NFL is that bad.

They are so well coached. I'm jealous when comparing to what we have. Interesting when those coaches leave to become head coaches they flop.

Would you give up 2 1st round picks to have BB as your head coach? I would especially when Grigson was drafting.

It has always appeared to me that Belichick and the Patriots are just way smarter than everyone else. He's not afraid to throw the ball 60 times one game, and then run the run ball 60 times the next. A player may rush for 200 yards and score touchdowns one week, and be inactive the next. He knows what is going to work against his opponents.

Everyone else is trying to fit a square peg into a circle, especially when they play the Patriots. I think too often teams out think themselves, and do stupid isht, case in point the Pagano punt play, the Seahawks throwing from the one yard line, and Atlanta trying to throw the ball with 5 minutes left and in field goal range.

sherck
02-07-2017, 08:37 AM
I agree. I think Bellicheat is, if not the best man to have ever coached in the NFL, then the best of our age. I honestly cannot think of anyone else in my memory that always seems to have the answer for whatever the other team is doing and the ability to get his players to implement that plan....on the fly if necessary.

I would love to know exactly how much his cheating has effected his overall win/loss record. I gotta imagine that he would have won 95% of the games he has won without cheating at all. He is better than anyone else.

However, some of those 5% of games (or whatever the number is), I would suspect include playoff games that led to Super Bowl victories so it is not necessarily the quantity of games, it is always the quality of games that he won by cheating.

Anyway, hats off to Darth Hoodie and the Cheaters for winning their first Super Bowl that is not under the haze of a cheating investigation. Unless they tie the drones over the Flacons practices to them.... :)

Cheers,

DrSpaceman
02-07-2017, 09:06 AM

Baffling.

Falcons were just completed stupid in the last quarter. So many things they did wrong, this among them.

We were all pissed about the Detroit game when Luck didn't bleed more time off the clock, and that was just 1 or 2 plays. They were doing it EVERY PLAY.

The pass play at the 20 yard line in FG range. They had JUST TURNED THE BALL OVER the series before on a sack and fumble on just such a play, so what do they do? They try it again. With the same result.

Heck even just kneeling and downing the ball if you don't want to run it and bleed the clock, you still have a 40 something yard FG, very makeable indoors. I think someone posted the Falcons kicker was like 27/28 inside 40 yards this season.

I am just baffled. Its like they were trying to lose the game.

Screw you Falcons. You suck. You had them beat and screwed it all up.

rcubed
02-07-2017, 12:51 PM
I agree. I think Bellicheat is, if not the best man to have ever coached in the NFL, then the best of our age. I honestly cannot think of anyone else in my memory that always seems to have the answer for whatever the other team is doing and the ability to get his players to implement that plan....on the fly if necessary.

I would love to know exactly how much his cheating has effected his overall win/loss record. I gotta imagine that he would have won 95% of the games he has won without cheating at all. He is better than anyone else.

However, some of those 5% of games (or whatever the number is), I would suspect include playoff games that led to Super Bowl victories so it is not necessarily the quantity of games, it is always the quality of games that he won by cheating.

Anyway, hats off to Darth Hoodie and the Cheaters for winning their first Super Bowl that is not under the haze of a cheating investigation. Unless they tie the drones over the Flacons practices to them.... :)

Cheers,

good post, pretty much my thoughts as well.

Dam8610
02-07-2017, 06:08 PM

Cheating is not good. It's cheating.

Indiana V2
02-07-2017, 08:54 PM
Cheating is not good. It's cheating.

Only if you get caught.

Dam8610
02-08-2017, 02:11 PM
Only if you get caught.

They've been caught twice. The real question is why the WWNFL won't do the right thing and strip them of their championships. Lance Armstrong is a 0 time Tour de France winner and Tom Brady is a 0 time Super Bowl Champion.

sherck
02-08-2017, 04:41 PM
They've been caught twice. The real question is why the WWNFL won't do the right thing and strip them of their championships. Lance Armstrong is a 0 time Tour de France winner and Tom Brady is a 0 time Super Bowl Champion.
Not quite true.

As much as I hate to say it, it appears that they legitimately won this season without cheating. Their first four? Yeah, Spygate negates the first three and Deflategate negates the fourth.

Now, if they tie the drones over the ATL practice facility to the Cheats, then, yeah, he is a zero time winner.

But otherwise? He gets one legitimate one.

Cheers,

Dam8610
02-08-2017, 06:35 PM
Not quite true.

As much as I hate to say it, it appears that they legitimately won this season without cheating. Their first four? Yeah, Spygate negates the first three and Deflategate negates the fourth.

Now, if they tie the drones over the ATL practice facility to the Cheats, then, yeah, he is a zero time winner.

But otherwise? He gets one legitimate one.

Cheers,

At this point I'd need proof positive that they weren't cheating to believe it. Why does anyone believe they've stopped the cheating from Spygate? They still employ the guy who did it for them, and he still has the same role and responsibilities.

FatDT
02-08-2017, 07:20 PM
It's called outrage fatigue. Keep doing enough ridiculous things and admit no wrong doing. Eventually people wear out and lose perspective on what is normal.