PDA

View Full Version : What’s more bizarre?...

Thorgrim
12-18-2019, 08:04 PM
Falling coconuts kill more people every year than sharks do.

OR

Jacoby Brissett was named as an alternate to the pro bowl.

I say Brissets nomination.

Feel free to add more.

Luck4Reich
12-18-2019, 08:25 PM

OR

Feel free to add more.

Brissett making it and Kenny Moore not is perfect example of it being a Joke!

Brylok
12-18-2019, 09:03 PM
People don't watch the Colts. They look at stats and/or think "Luck retired and they aren't awful". That's all it took to be an alternate

albany ed
12-18-2019, 09:29 PM
People don't watch the Colts. They look at stats and/or think "Luck retired and they aren't awful". That's all it took to be an alternate

But we are awful. There have been too many games this year that have been totally unwatchable because the Colts were boring. I have to tell you, I became a football fan because the fuckin' game was exciting. Unitas to Berry? awesome. Unitas to Moore? even more awesome. Manning to Harrison? Unbelievable. Luck to Hilton? The future. Brissett to ?????????? Get the fuck outa here. Brissett, he's a nice guy, but as a QB? 3rd string.

Brylok
12-18-2019, 11:10 PM
But we are awful. There have been too many games this year that have been totally unwatchable because the Colts were boring. I have to tell you, I became a football fan because the fuckin' game was exciting. Unitas to Berry? awesome. Unitas to Moore? even more awesome. Manning to Harrison? Unbelievable. Luck to Hilton? The future. Brissett to ?????????? Get the fuck outa here. Brissett, he's a nice guy, but as a QB? 3rd string.

Oh, I agree. The Colts are boring as hell now. I'm just saying they aren't awful...like 3-13 style awful. They're also irrelevant now. Outside of Colts fans, most people don't watch them, so they don't know. The national media has made Jacoby into something he's not. We know that, but they don't because they don't watch. There's no way he should be near the Pro Bowl at any level. I'd say Josh Allen in Buffalo is far more deserving. But the Brissett narrative is out there, so people just believe it. It's awful to watch right now tho.
Watch out for C&O. He'll be along to tell you the 1984-1998 Colts weren't awful either. Matter of opinion I guess.

Colt Classic
12-19-2019, 05:02 PM
Oh, I agree. The Colts are boring as hell now. I'm just saying they aren't awful...like 3-13 style awful. They're also irrelevant now. Outside of Colts fans, most people don't watch them, so they don't know. The national media has made Jacoby into something he's not. We know that, but they don't because they don't watch. There's no way he should be near the Pro Bowl at any level. I'd say Josh Allen in Buffalo is far more deserving. But the Brissett narrative is out there, so people just believe it. It's awful to watch right now tho.
Watch out for C&O. He'll be along to tell you the 1984-1998 Colts weren't awful either. Matter of opinion I guess.

'87 playoff team & '95 AFC Championship run team were both solid. The '87 team showed the city that they could actually be almost relevant--who cares if it was a bunch of replacement players playing?!

Colts And Orioles
12-19-2019, 07:51 PM

Watch out for C&O. He'll be along to tell you the 1984-1998 Colts weren't awful either. Matter of opinion, I guess.

o

I never said that the 1984-1998 Colts were not awful.

I said that the Colts were the laughingstock in 1984, 1985, 1986, 1991, and 1993, and below average in 1990.

I specifically said that the Colts were not awful/shit in 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1994, 1995, and 1996 in my posts that you are alluding to ........ there is nothing to watch out for.

o

The Colts had 6 losing seasons in that period between 1984 and 1996.

The Colts were the laughingstock from 1984 through 1986, when they won a total of 12 games (and lost 36.) The Eric Dickerson trade during the 1987 season trade changed that, and it showed in their record. I don't see going 9-6 with a division title, 9-7, and 8-8 as "shit."

I suppose that we have different definitions of "shit." For me, there was a significant difference between the 1984-1986 teams (that went a combined 12-36), the 1991 and 1993 teams (that went a combined 5-27), and the other teams between 1984 and 1996 that went .500 or better (except for the 7-9 1990 team.)

o

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=145106#post145106

o

omahacolt
12-19-2019, 10:41 PM

OR

Feel free to add more.

Good question

Brissett for sure