PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on the saints game

rcubed
12-17-2019, 01:25 PM
1. congrats to brees. I have always liked him, but I may be a bit biased as he played at purdue while I was there.
2. he put on a clinic against our D. I know there is debate going on regarding secondary vs pass rush but we need to get better across the board.
3. JB is a good backup but will never be more than that. Need upgrade. missed open looks. over throws. overall lack of nothing special there.
4. I really hope the FO and coaches dont talk themselves into JB as the answer using the too many injured players excuse.
5. not sure it would have mattered this season, but i am irritated with luck. I get the reason he retired but that decision really set us back.
6. ballard needs to get to work and use some of that cap space. i get having to pay our own but we cant consistently sit on that much money.
7. I hope irsay is mad and chews some FO ass.

1965southpaw
12-17-2019, 01:31 PM
3. JB is a good backup but will never be more than that. Need upgrade. missed open looks. over throws. overall lack of nothing special there.

Publicly Frank continues to pretend that JB is his guy (much as he did Vinny despite all the damning evidence). I can't believe he really means that and is just just supporting him til he has a better options. My evidence of that is that per Kevin Bowen....he asked Frank a couple of days ago what he considers is the most important aspect of top QB play and his answer was "elite level accuracy". We have not seen good accuracy, let alone elite accuracy......Frank is just supporting the guy he has..........Chris HAS to be working on a better option.

YDFL Commish
12-17-2019, 08:30 PM
JB is his guy...at least until we draft somebody better.

Spike
12-17-2019, 08:37 PM
1. congrats to brees. I have always liked him, but I may be a bit biased as he played at purdue while I was there.
2. he put on a clinic against our D. I know there is debate going on regarding secondary vs pass rush but we need to get better across the board.
4. I really hope the FO and coaches dont talk themselves into JB as the answer using the too many injured players excuse.
5. not sure it would have mattered this season, but i am irritated with luck. I get the reason he retired but that decision really set us back.
6. ballard needs to get to work and use some of that cap space. i get having to pay our own but we cant consistently sit on that much money.

1. I only dislike Brees because he kicks our ass all the time. He is a hell of a QB though.
2. Agree, nothing to add here.
3. I'm not sold on JB being a good backup. Mediocre at best. He processes things too slowly and his accuracy is a big red flag for me. Hell, at this point I would just let Kelly play, Colts are out of the playoffs anyway. And also, fuck Hoyer.
4. If they do, fire them all.
5. Luck would have definitely mattered this season. Great QB's mask a lot of deficiencies.
6. I like Ballard, but this season has proven that he has a shitload of work to do. He needs to spend some of that money he is hoarding.
7. He probably already did.

Colts need to do whatever it takes to get a top level QB in the next draft. They sure as hell aren't going to win anything with JB or Hoyer. We had Manning and Luck, and now this shit. I feel like this team is similar to the Lions and Browns now.

Puck
12-17-2019, 10:43 PM
1. I only dislike Brees because he kicks our ass all the time. He is a hell of a QB though.
2. Agree, nothing to add here.
3. I'm not sold on JB being a good backup. Mediocre at best. He processes things too slowly and his accuracy is a big red flag for me. Hell, at this point I would just let Kelly play, Colts are out of the playoffs anyway. And also, fuck Hoyer.
4. If they do, fire them all.
5. Luck would have definitely mattered this season. Great QB's mask a lot of deficiencies.
6. I like Ballard, but this season has proven that he has a shitload of work to do. He needs to spend some of that money he is hoarding.
7. He probably already did.

Colts need to do whatever it takes to get a top level QB in the next draft. They sure as hell aren't going to win anything with JB or Hoyer. We had Manning and Luck, and now this shit. I feel like this team is similar to the Lions and Browns now.

AGAIN WHY? would you put in Kelly????? He will NEVER be our QB . NEVER!!!!!

hes on the roster as a favor and only to help get his life together. He runs the practice squad. Can mimic many QB's . That is his value to the team

The coaches have seen him in practice... they dont think hes the answer why do so many stupid colts fans think he is????

Come on Spike youre better than this..... dont play into the BS surrounding a guy who played against 2nd and 3rd stringers in pre season cloud your judgement

JB is not the QB of the future But he is the best we have

Puck
12-17-2019, 10:45 PM

hes on the roster as a favor and only to help get his life together. He runs the practice squad. Can mimic many QB's . That is his value to the team

The coaches have seen him in practice... they dont think hes the answer why do so many stupid colts fans think he is????

Come on Spike youre better than this..... dont play into the BS surrounding a guy who played against 2nd and 3rd stringers in pre season cloud your judgement

And with that said JB will probably go on IR and CK will start the rest of the season . HAHA

Spike
12-17-2019, 11:21 PM

One simple answer. JB and Hoyer both suck. Don't need the best of a bad ass QB right now. Let Kelly start the next 2 games just for the hell of it. I'm not saying he is our future QB, but I have already seen the shit that JB and Hoyer have to give. Not one of these 3 QB's are our future, I totally agree. Got to find a new QB in the next draft.

Puck
12-17-2019, 11:23 PM
One simple answer. JB and Hoyer both suck. Let Kelly start the next 2 games just for the hell of it. I'm not saying he is our future QB, but I have already seen the shit that JB and Hoyer have to give. Not one of these 3 QB's are our future, I totally agree. Got to find a new QB in the next draft.

what good does it do? Cause distention in the locker room?

Might as well have Rigoberto start at QB if you just want someone different

If JB is not the future why would we start CK when he is obviously not the future.

Stop it

Spike
12-17-2019, 11:25 PM
what good does it do? Cause distention in the locker room?

Might as well have Rigoberto start at QB if you just want someone different

If JB is not the future why would we start CK when he is obviously not the future.

Stop it

okay

Luck4Reich
12-17-2019, 11:42 PM
okay

No dont stop... if people stopped voicing their thoughts here this place would dry up. You're a good poster say whatever the hell you want.

Brylok
12-18-2019, 04:07 AM
No dont stop... if people stopped voicing their thoughts here this place would dry up. You're a good poster say whatever the hell you want.

Spike isn't going anywhere, he's just frustrated. However, I'll say what I think: I think the Colts are heading back to 1990. I hate saying that, but I'm honest. Lord help our Colts...
I think it's gonna take years

njcoltfan
12-18-2019, 05:58 AM
Spike isn't going anywhere, he's just frustrated. However, I'll say what I think: I think the Colts are heading back to 1990. I hate saying that, but I'm honest. Lord help our Colts...
I'll second that thought, this team needs a lot more than a franchise QB, and anybody who thinks differently is fooling themselves.

Luck4Reich
12-18-2019, 08:02 AM

Never said he was leaving I just said to keep posting what he wants lol.

As for heading back to the 1990 ? I dont think so. It's a different NFL and that was still Bob Irsay team. The long stretch from 1983-1997 was Bob... when it transitioned to Jim things changed because he wanted to win where as Bob obviously disnt.

As long as you have an owner that will make changes and a salary cap that exists a team can become relevant again quickly if done right.

This team showed signs even with a bad QB. Injuries hurt this team a lot this season.

With the right QB. Pass rushers and ramp up the receiving Corp.

Every year teams jump back up from the dead that you dont expect. Can happen for the Colts too.

Now I will stick with that it will not happen with Brissett.

Luck4Reich
12-18-2019, 08:07 AM
I'll second that thought, this team needs a lot more than a franchise QB, and anybody who thinks differently is fooling themselves.

With a franchise QB (Luck, Manning) this team would have won at least 12 games. Your fooling yourself.

You think we still lose all those close games to the Chargers, Raiders, Dolphins, Steelers etc if Luck was playing.?

Discflinger
12-18-2019, 08:14 AM
Overblown. The Aints were playing with confidence from the start and it ran deep. Sure we sucked, but not as badly as you all make it out to be. Yes, we need a new qb, but this team has potential.

Luck4Reich
12-18-2019, 08:21 AM
We had the 5th ranked offense with Luck last season and Luck had the same weapons. Hell Luck didnt have Doyle.

This year with Brissett 19th ranked offense.

Hoopsdoc
12-18-2019, 09:44 AM

Yeah, I’m afraid we’re stuck for awhile. Unless Ballard pulls a rabbit out of his hat to get a top QB.

njcoltfan
12-18-2019, 10:42 AM
With a franchise QB (Luck, Manning) this team would have won at least 12 games. Your fooling yourself.

You think we still lose all those close games to the Chargers, Raiders, Dolphins, Steelers etc if Luck was playing.?

Maybe, who knows, I don’t think you can predict “what if’s”. The fact remains, he didn’t and now you have to find his replacement and Brissett will most probably be the QB next year.

Racehorse
12-18-2019, 10:52 AM
Overblown. The Aints were playing with confidence from the start and it ran deep. Sure we sucked, but not as badly as you all make it out to be. Yes, we need a new qb, but this team has potential.

Yeah, people seem to forget the fact that emotions and momentum make a huge difference in football.

Racehorse
12-18-2019, 10:53 AM
Never said he was leaving I just said to keep posting what he wants lol.

As for heading back to the 1990 ? I dont think so. It's a different NFL and that was still Bob Irsay team. The long stretch from 1983-1997 was Bob... when it transitioned to Jim things changed because he wanted to win where as Bob obviously disnt.

As long as you have an owner that will make changes and a salary cap that exists a team can become relevant again quickly if done right.

This team showed signs even with a bad QB. Injuries hurt this team a lot this season.

With the right QB. Pass rushers and ramp up the receiving Corp.

Every year teams jump back up from the dead that you dont expect. Can happen for the Colts too.

Now I will stick with that it will not happen with Brissett.Not to mention that we will have a third place schedule, giving us two easier games, and the divisions we play next year may not be as stout as the ones from this year.

Racehorse
12-18-2019, 10:57 AM
Not to mention that we will have a third place schedule, giving us two easier games, and the divisions we play next year may not be as stout as the ones from this year.

OK, I just checked and it seems we get the NFC West and the AFC East next year. The NFC West is very good, while the AFC East is mostly trash.

Pez
12-18-2019, 12:35 PM
It's amazing to me how plain it is that we were about to be exposed.

1. 4 games lost on special teams
2. Our secondary and zone coverage scheme gets torched over and over
3. We run on second and long more than 70% of the time (has Pagano left the building)
4. We need to have a very honest conversation about Malik Hooker
5. We dont have a pass rush against good offensive lines
6. JB is not the guy
7. The defense depends on exotic schemes to be successful (EG the Kenny Moore blitz). Take a player or two away due to injury and we simply dont have the personnel to do this.
8. Our offensive line is very good but not some sort of unstoppable juggernaut
9. Opposing defenses know they are facing a preseason roster vs the pass, stack the box and were done.
10. Ebron cant catch unless he's being fed by a fantastic QB. When it's a talent like Matthew Stafford or Jacoby Brisett, well, there is a reason Detroit bailed on him.

I have some optimism, CB has had 3 good drafts, no reason to think he wont have a 4th good draft.

We have to take advantage of all our opportunities, and that includes opportunity presented by our vast amount of cap space.

ZionsvilleColtsFan
12-18-2019, 12:57 PM

A big hallelujah on #6. Colts need to finally pursue a big time free agent or two or just settle for mediocrity.