PDA

View Full Version : TY out Sunday

ChoppedWood
11-28-2019, 12:54 PM
Man this season at WR is just disaster- so shitty because it looked so promising in PS.

Frank appears to think Funchess will return next week- too little too late IMO.

By the way speaking of injuries that have taken FOREVER to recover from- does anyone know if Tyquan Lewis still has a leg?

omahacolt
11-28-2019, 02:07 PM
Man this season at WR is just disaster- so shitty because it looked so promising in PS.

Frank appears to think Funchess will return next week- too little too late IMO.

By the way speaking of injuries that have taken FOREVER to recover from- does anyone know if Tyquan Lewis still has a leg?

Lewis is healthy. He just isn’t good

apballin
11-28-2019, 02:29 PM
It’s go time Campbell time to step the fuck up!

Fuck you Funchess, give irsay his money back

Dewey 5
11-28-2019, 09:52 PM
It’s go time Campbell time to step the fuck up!

Fuck you Funchess, give irsay his money back

Injuries happen. I can’t hold that against Funchess.

njcoltfan
11-28-2019, 10:51 PM
Another mysterious calf injury, wonder if he trained with Luck? Anyone think that this is season ending?

ChoppedWood
11-29-2019, 08:38 AM
Another mysterious calf injury, wonder if he trained with Luck? Anyone think that this is season ending?

Listening to some of the local radio, sure sounds like those keeping an eye on the club think we may be starting to shut it all down for the year- so what, maybe 12-14 1st round draft pick?

omahacolt
11-29-2019, 10:11 AM
Listening to some of the local radio, sure sounds like those keeping an eye on the club think we may be starting to shut it all down for the year- so what, maybe 12-14 1st round draft pick?

The colts aren’t shutting it down. That is dumb

njcoltfan
11-29-2019, 02:27 PM

I was referring to TYs calf injury shutting HIM down for the year, not the team tanking for a higher draft pick!!!

Colt Classic
11-29-2019, 07:33 PM

TY to retire next pre-season. Colts woulda/coulda had receiver on their to-do list for the 2020 off-season but figured they'd roll with a bunch of jags who showed nothing when given the chance. Sound about right?

VeveJones007
11-29-2019, 11:45 PM
I know Ballard will pause, but Colts fans also need to think long and hard about whether to lock up Hilton past 2020. There’s a good chance they would end up regretting a big deal for a small, speed WR going into his decline.

Butter
11-30-2019, 02:40 AM

just stop.

ChoppedWood
11-30-2019, 07:57 AM
Notice the ? at the end of the sentence- ala the "that doesn't even make sense"- i.e. a tank job is going to get us what, a 12-15 pick vs what # 21 if we go out in the first round? I.E. there isn't a shit load to gain from it vs TRYING to get there and make some kind of miraculous run behind what CAN be a dominant O line.

But if you listen to some of the stuff from Bowen, Big Joe, and even JMV there's a tint of their actions off the field not seeming to have a playoffs or bust urgency to them. JMV had the two ortho guys from ATI and St. Francis on the other day and was he was really pushing them to insinuate that the team is sandbagging on Funchess.

JAFF
11-30-2019, 12:36 PM
Notice the ? at the end of the sentence- ala the "that doesn't even make sense"- i.e. a tank job is going to get us what, a 12-15 pick vs what # 21 if we go out in the first round? I.E. there isn't a shit load to gain from it vs TRYING to get there and make some kind of miraculous run behind what CAN be a dominant O line.

But if you listen to some of the stuff from Bowen, Big Joe, and even JMV there's a tint of their actions off the field not seeming to have a playoffs or bust urgency to them. JMV had the two ortho guys from ATI and St. Francis on the other day and was he was really pushing them to insinuate that the team is sandbagging on Funchess.

How does “sandbagging on Funchess” help the team

Chromeburn
11-30-2019, 01:06 PM
That Funchess signing is one of the worst one year signings I’ve seen. Screwed us and screwed himself out of a lot of money.

Butter
11-30-2019, 03:21 PM
That Funchess signing is one of the worst one year signings I’ve seen. Screwed us and screwed himself out of a lot of money.

Sure in hindsight, but who could guess he would get injured that quick.

Mr. Session
11-30-2019, 07:15 PM

This is a stupid post.

YDFL Commish
11-30-2019, 09:07 PM

So how exactly did it screw us? Nobody else has stepped up so the $10 million may have proven Ballard right that we needed WR help.

His injury has just proven that out.

Chromeburn
12-01-2019, 09:44 AM
This is a stupid post.

You’re right, it was an awesome signing

ChoppedWood
12-01-2019, 09:46 AM
How does “sandbagging on Funchess” help the team

It doesn't- that's the point, the "chatter" is that there isn't a huge desire to try to make a SB push this year so instead they (the Colts brass) have sort of started taking the foot off the gas in anticipation of next year. My exact point is, if the best we can get to is say # 12 by not being aggressive / passive losing- what the hell good is that going to do us?

Chromeburn
12-01-2019, 09:48 AM
So how exactly did it screw us? Nobody else has stepped up so the $10 million may have proven Ballard right that we needed WR help.

His injury has just proven that out.

What?

Screwed us by paying 10 million and not getting anything for it.

We already knew we needed WR help, that wasn’t any revelation.

omahacolt
12-01-2019, 11:06 AM
What?

Screwed us by paying 10 million and not getting anything for it.

We already knew we needed WR help, that wasn’t any revelation.

Funchess didn’t screw the colts. He got injured. It happens

Chromeburn
12-01-2019, 01:47 PM
Funchess didn’t screw the colts. He got injured. It happens

Didn’t say it was intentional. The signing sucked. And we didn’t pursue any other veteran additions.