PDA

View Full Version : Grading Brissett Week 12

VeveJones007
11-24-2019, 03:07 PM
https://twitter.com/vevejones007/status/1198494409236418560?s=21

This was far and away Brissett’s worst game of the season and he picked the worst week for it. In total, I counted 10 plays he would want back (8 misreads, 1 inaccurate, 1 poorly timed). For context, he’s usually around 3-4/game (2-3 misreads, 1-2 inaccurate/timing).

With only 29 drop backs, that’s a really poor performance. At least he took care of the ball, which is the only reason he does not get a failing grade from me. Grade: D

Maniac
11-24-2019, 03:48 PM
Well, outside of Mack, he should have the most complete set of weapons back out there for this next game that he's had so far this season. We'll see how he does then.

Oldcolt
11-24-2019, 04:34 PM
The question for me is has he, and the coaching staff, learned from this shitty game? If they have, do they have the ability to change. Not just for this next game but for every game going forward. If not we need to move on from Brissett.

ChoppedWood
11-24-2019, 05:44 PM
# 3 on the let down end- damn that is bad- really really bad- how do you just conceded that much property to a guy who isn't even trying to bully you back- fucking set your feet and fight back... fuck!

ChoppedWood
11-24-2019, 05:45 PM
The miss throw to Ebron in the middle- the first of your "oh JB" call outs, holy shit, a good throw there and Ebron may very well score- there's a blocker down there and looks like he's getting a good seal... shit!

ChoppedWood
11-24-2019, 05:47 PM
1) Miss of Doyle- oh wow that's terrible, that's the type of shit that makes you agree that he can't get the job done- that's as open a pocket you're going to see as a QB - that's a stand up off the couch and yell "throw the fucking ball"--- that's BULLSHIT!

ChoppedWood
11-24-2019, 05:50 PM
4). Route combo out- horseshit- man if the QB coach / Siriani isn't sitting next to him at a film table and telling him that if he doesn't throw that shit we have no use for him then shame on them!

ChoppedWood
11-24-2019, 05:53 PM
5). I've been curious whether there's been a problem with Pascal not running crisp routes, so far this looks like Pascal is very definitive in his route and JB is completely missing him- fuck!

ChoppedWood
11-24-2019, 05:56 PM
8). Really pisses me off. Those are tight opportunities, he should have been able to execute, however my biggest complaint is the huge avenue to easily run for the 1st down earlier in the cycle- at one point there's probably 15 yards sitting there in front of him- instead he basically moves in a way that would collapse that lane and in the end, costs us the game. Either throw the fucking ball or get on the horse and go!

Dewey 5
11-24-2019, 06:04 PM
The question for me is has he, and the coaching staff, learned from this shitty game? If they have, do they have the ability to change. Not just for this next game but for every game going forward. If not we need to move on from Brissett.

I agree but I’m just not convinced that there is a qb in this draft worth moving up to get or use our 1st pick on.

ChoppedWood
11-24-2019, 06:08 PM
Thanks for doing this, very informative, very very disappointing.

Sunday- there better be some serious throwing of the fucking ball- INT's, so fucking be it- throw that fucking ball JB- it's mandatory that the team sees if you can do this shit!

Oldcolt
11-24-2019, 06:31 PM
I agree but I’m just not convinced that there is a qb in this draft worth moving up to get or use our 1st pick on.

I am not good enough at evaluation to feel strongly one way or the other. Quarterbacks seem to be a huge crap shoot, maybe even more so than other positions which are crap shoots themselves. Having said that I tend to agree with you. If someone is willing to move off of a quarterback for a reasonable price they usually are not sure fire and I don't see Ballard giving up draft choices unless he is absolutely sure. A move like that (moving up in the first round) tells everyone on the team that you are moving on from Brissett. Just drafting one in the normal course of events can be read other ways (need a quality backup etc)

Chromeburn
11-25-2019, 12:33 PM
https://twitter.com/vevejones007/status/1198494409236418560?s=21

This was far and away Brissett’s worst game of the season and he picked the worst week for it. In total, I counted 10 plays he would want back (8 misreads, 1 inaccurate, 1 poorly timed). For context, he’s usually around 3-4/game (2-3 misreads, 1-2 inaccurate/timing).

With only 29 drop backs, that’s a really poor performance. At least he took care of the ball, which is the only reason he does not get a failing grade from me. Grade: D

Good stuff thanks for doing this