PDA

View Full Version : Malik Hooker

jasperhobbs
11-22-2019, 11:06 AM
Hooker seemed to have a bad game and always seemed in the wrong place. Disappointing

Luck4Reich
11-22-2019, 11:28 AM
Hooker seemed to have a bad game and always seemed in the wrong place. Disappointing

Not what I saw at all..... he was a big part of the reason it was only 2 tds given up and not 5 of them. Also it's not solely on him to stop Hopkins.. he is over the top help. Eberflus called a bad game sending a 3 man rush far too often and then leaving single coverage on Hopkins and Fuller who both can fly. Cant put that on Hooker.

Spike
11-22-2019, 11:41 AM
Not what I saw at all..... he was a big part of the reason it was only 2 tds given up and not 5 of them. Also it's not solely on him to stop Hopkins.. he is over the top help. Eberflus called a bad game sending a 3 man rush far too often and then leaving single coverage on Hopkins and Fuller who both can fly. Cant put that on Hooker.

That 3 man rush was pissing me off all night.

jasperhobbs
11-22-2019, 12:08 PM
That 3 man rush was pissing me off all night.

I agree

Chromeburn
11-23-2019, 09:54 AM
Defense wasn’t the problem. We should be able to score more than 20 points, especially when you have 160 rushing yards.

Spike
11-23-2019, 11:33 AM
Defense wasn’t the problem. We should be able to score more than 20 points, especially when you have 160 rushing yards.

We should, but when you only have 129 yards passing, it's hard to score more than 20 points.

JAFF
11-23-2019, 08:07 PM
We should, but when you only have 129 yards passing, it's hard to score more than 20 points.

When your best deep threat is a te with a million dollar body and a 5 cent head, the results are predictable

Luck4Reich
11-23-2019, 10:06 PM
When your best deep threat is a te with a million dollar body and a 5 cent head, the results are predictable

Half your posts make no sense...... but anyways How do you know what deep threats we have when our QB cant throw deep? His own coach doesnt trust him too.

JAFF
11-24-2019, 09:25 AM
Half your posts make no sense...... but anyways How do you know what deep threats we have when our QB cant throw deep? His own coach doesnt trust him too.

TY was not 75 % for the texans. No Paris Campbell, who is less durable than Paris Hilton. Whos left on the roster who is a legit WR? A deep threat? Not Doyle. Ebron is it and has more up and downs than a yo yo.

Brissett has been able to throw deep, we have seen that. But with a bum leg and little help from the receiving corp the Texans figured out to to play heavy on the run and take their chances on the pass and it worked. Did you want Hoyer out there or a 75% Brissett?

If TY isnt out on the field the Colts dont have a deep threat. And TY hurt the team on Thursday with his hands. Brissett wasnt the only reason they lost, just the most visible. Underwhelming D on pass rush and blown coverages. Dropped passes, dumb penalties, and rookie mistakes that will happen when you play rookies on a regular basis and all on a short week.

Yeah all that adds up to needing a new quarterback

albany ed
11-24-2019, 09:49 AM
There were 3 key drops 1 by Hines and 2 by Hilton that if caught, the Colts win that game. The defense played well 90% of the time, but when they didn't, they paid dearly. This was a team loss, not just Brissett. I'm hoping we can see some games where the passing game has all of their weapons healthy. If that happens and Brissett still has bad games, it's time to consider moving up in the draft to get a blue chip prospect. No guarantees there, many top draft choices have fizzled, but you still need to try. If Brissett plays well, then I'd still consider drafting a QB, but I wouldn't trade up to get one.

Racehorse
11-24-2019, 10:26 AM
TY was not 75 % for the texans. No Paris Campbell, who is less durable than Paris Hilton.

I am very sure about that. Paris Hilton can take a pounding.

Chromeburn
11-24-2019, 10:37 AM
There were 3 key drops 1 by Hines and 2 by Hilton that if caught, the Colts win that game. The defense played well 90% of the time, but when they didn't, they paid dearly. This was a team loss, not just Brissett. I'm hoping we can see some games where the passing game has all of their weapons healthy. If that happens and Brissett still has bad games, it's time to consider moving up in the draft to get a blue chip prospect. No guarantees there, many top draft choices have fizzled, but you still need to try. If Brissett plays well, then I'd still consider drafting a QB, but I wouldn't trade up to get one.

We’ve been spoiled by good QB play over the years. But injuries happen, it’s part of the league. Houston had injuries too. I saw a fundamental problem with Brisset pulling the trigger. He holds the ball too long. With this oline he should get the ball out faster. I don’t know if it’s a diagnosis problem that he can’t seem to find the right guy to throw to, but I bet he holds the ball longer than anyone. That last drive was pretty bad. I don’t think it’s physical, I think it’s in his head. He was doing this when we were healthy also. He takes too long to read coverage.

albany ed
11-24-2019, 11:24 AM
We’ve been spoiled by good QB play over the years. But injuries happen, it’s part of the league. Houston had injuries too. I saw a fundamental problem with Brisset pulling the trigger. He holds the ball too long. With this oline he should get the ball out faster. I don’t know if it’s a diagnosis problem that he can’t seem to find the right guy to throw to, but I bet he holds the ball longer than anyone. That last drive was pretty bad. I don’t think it’s physical, I think it’s in his head. He was doing this when we were healthy also. He takes too long to read coverage.

I agree he takes too long, that's why Reich has a short passing game. So I ask the wannabe experts, is this a fixable flaw?

Puck
11-24-2019, 11:32 AM

Been saying this from the beginning of the season. It takes him to long to process the plays and get through his reads. Because of that he misses the opportunities. This is why his TO ratio is lower than most, he only throws to wide open players

This is where Manning and Luck were great . They anticipated the open player and had the ball flying without second guessing.

JAFF
11-24-2019, 02:53 PM

Thats so right and wrong at the same time

Discflinger
11-24-2019, 06:44 PM

That’s hot.

Mr. Session
11-25-2019, 11:53 AM
Been saying this from the beginning of the season. It takes him to long to process the plays and get through his reads. Because of that he misses the opportunities. This is why his TO ratio is lower than most, he only throws to wide open players

This is where Manning and Luck were great . They anticipated the open player and had the ball flying without second guessing.

The problem almost creates a positive feedback loop as well.

-Indy can run the rock? Load the box.

-Has Indy proved they can punish you deep when you load the box? No? Load the box.

- Reich likes to attack the field horizontally? Load the box.

Maybe if funchess, Hilton, Campbell, and Enron are all healthy the deep game is there. That’s the only argument that would hold any validity in Brissett’s favor.

Chromeburn
11-25-2019, 02:35 PM
I agree he takes too long, that's why Reich has a short passing game. So I ask the wannabe experts, is this a fixable flaw?

That’s a difficult question that fans probably won’t be able to answer. You probably have to be in the QB meetings to really know. See if he is progressing, see if things are slowing down for him. But he is nearing two years starting and four years in the league. I don’t know if he was quick through his reads in college though. Fans automatically think that if you play you automatically get better. But some guys just are who they are. QB is the most difficult position in sports and only a few guys can play it at a high level. There is a reason it has a high failure rate and so many guys don’t work or are average.

I guess you measure how he looked first four games to last four games. He is likely the starter next year as well.

Luck4Reich
11-25-2019, 10:40 PM
He is likely the starter next year as well.

If he is they will not go very far next year either.

ukcolt
11-26-2019, 08:29 AM
Even if we used a 1st rounder on a QB, i would still expect Brissett to start the first 4 games of next season. We are not about to obtain the 1st overall pick, so would be getting a guy who likely isn't ready to start immediately.

I also say Chad Kelly is a guy with an awful lot of talent, and who knows he could turn into another Kurt Warner without the religion, given a chance to actually start some games.

ukcolt
11-26-2019, 08:29 AM
Until you give a guy a chance to see what he can do, you never truly know what you have.

Luck4Reich
11-26-2019, 09:28 AM
Until you give a guy a chance to see what he can do, you never truly know what you have.

Was it Roy Hall or Hank Baskett who said that?:cool:

apballin
11-26-2019, 06:57 PM
This dude was compared to Ed Reed coming out of the draft— fuck that I’ve seen enough to call bullshit this mf is on the verge of bust status, when he misses games I don’t even notice

Chromeburn
11-26-2019, 08:05 PM
I think he does what is asked of him pretty well. I don’t think the scheme puts him in the best position to male a play. He is more a deterrent than a safety that is opportunistic. Ed Reed was in a system that allowed him to be opportunistic. If we were running that system I bet he would have more picks.

Brylok
11-26-2019, 08:48 PM
Again, I just wanted to say that I have nothing against Jacoby Brissett. My last few posts come off sounding a bit brutal, but I do hope he improves and can eventually get to where he needs to be. I just don't see it right now. He's going to be starting next year, too, so I hope he makes a leap between now and then.

Luck4Reich
11-26-2019, 09:22 PM
This dude was compared to Ed Reed coming out of the draft— fuck that I’ve seen enough to call bullshit this mf is on the verge of bust status, when he misses games I don’t even notice

Malik Hooker is a bust because he isnt Ed Reed?
That's ridiculous.

apballin
11-26-2019, 11:55 PM
Malik Hooker is a bust because he isnt Ed Reed?
That's ridiculous.

No but where he was drafted I was expecting something close to Ed Reed, not idrees bashir

Luck4Reich
11-27-2019, 08:24 AM
No but where he was drafted I was expecting something close to Ed Reed, not idrees bashir

Now that's just plain stupid!

Interceptions are not the sole importance stat but that's a big part of what made Ed Reed great.... but take a look.

Ed Reed had a INT 36% ratio of his games
Malik Hooker INT in 21% ratio of his games
Ideas Bashir INT in 8% ratio of his games.

Now while he is no Ed Reed how many safeties were or are him? Also Ed Reed benefitted from one of the best Defenses in history for most years. It allowed him to do what he did. Image a Terrel Suggs and Ray Lewis added to this D... not to mention the other great players.

And as mentioned Malik is doing what he has been asked to do.

While he is not close to being an Ed Reed he sure as hell shouldn't be compared to Idrees Bashir..... that's just being dumb!

Oldcolt
11-27-2019, 01:46 PM

He is closer to Ed Reed than Idrees Bashir. Pretty far from both but closer to Reed. And he is better than the majority of guys taken before him.

Racehorse
11-27-2019, 05:12 PM
He is closer to Ed Reed than Idrees Bashir. Pretty far from both but closer to Reed. And he is better than the majority of guys taken before him.

I read an article about the top 25 players under 25 years of age. It gave Hooker Honorable Mention, and stated that opponents have started to avoid throwing anywhere near him again, like they had learned to do before his surgery. That is much closer to Ed Reed than Bashir.

apballin
11-27-2019, 08:02 PM
I read an article about the top 25 players under 25 years of age. It gave Hooker Honorable Mention, and stated that opponents have started to avoid throwing anywhere near him again, like they had learned to do before his surgery. That is much closer to Ed Reed than Bashir.

Watson didn’t avoid throwing at him

apballin
11-27-2019, 08:09 PM

Man whatever point being he should be a difference maker, splash play, pick 6, where are they at??? A true difference making safety wins games single handedly with a game changing play until I see that I don’t see a guy worth a 15 pick

Brylok
11-27-2019, 08:47 PM
"E-D Reed, boy! The best safety you ever seen, boy!"- Ed Reed from Pat McAfee's Troy Polamalu story. If you haven't heard it before, it's funny