PDA

View Full Version : Cam Newton

Puck
11-04-2019, 06:54 PM
Just a thought and let me preface this with I can't stand Newton as a person.

But I have heard the Panthers are ready to move on from him . Not facts, just rumors.

Would you think it would be a good move to trade for him.... roll with JB... or draft someone next yr?

What would you give up for Newton who WAS the league MVP a few yrs ago?

He has a terrible coach in Carolina IMO. and may flourish under Frank. He would need to park his ego at the door though.

Colt Classic
11-04-2019, 07:06 PM
I'd trade Rock Ya-Sin and a 5th.

Pez
11-04-2019, 07:06 PM
No, QBs are expensive. Let's not get one until we need one, right now we don't. Last year at this time we were 4 and 5. Let's let the system try to work.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Puck
11-04-2019, 07:07 PM
I'd trade Rock Ya-Sin and a 5th.

haha . and Wilson?

Spike
11-04-2019, 07:39 PM
Just a thought and let me preface this with I can't stand Newton as a person.

But I have heard the Panthers are ready to move on from him . Not facts, just rumors.

Would you think it would be a good move to trade for him.... roll with JB... or draft someone next yr?

What would you give up for Newton who WAS the league MVP a few yrs ago?

He has a terrible coach in Carolina IMO. and may flourish under Frank. He would need to park his ego at the door though.

Nah, don't want him at all.

I guess it would all depend on who's available when we draft. Not too crazy about any of the college QB's coming out this year. Luck really fucked us and I really don't care who gets offended by me saying that.

Chromeburn
11-04-2019, 08:44 PM
Healthy Cam I would consider it.

There is some developmental talent in this draft.

I would probably pass depending on his arm strength

Watch NE grab him

omahacolt
11-04-2019, 08:45 PM
I would not sign Newton if he were a free agent. I sure as hell would t trade for him

Dam8610
11-04-2019, 09:14 PM
If the Colts get a chance to draft a franchise QB they should take it. Apart from that, roll with JB, certainly over Newton.

rcubed
11-04-2019, 09:41 PM
No cam.

We better be looking hard in the draft for a replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

indycolts2
11-07-2019, 08:35 PM
Nah, don't want him at all.

I guess it would all depend on who's available when we draft. Not too crazy about any of the college QB's coming out this year. Luck really fucked us and I really don't care who gets offended by me saying that.
Yup, Luck fucked the organization and its fanbase...no doubt. We are allowed to say that while at same time recognizing he got effed by Grigson, Pagano and last but not least Irsay.

ChoppedWood
11-07-2019, 10:43 PM
Yup, Luck fucked the organization and its fanbase...no doubt. We are allowed to say that while at same time recognizing he got effed by Grigson, Pagano and last but not least Irsay.

Interesting take...

Gotta turn it into a Topic now- thanks for stirring the pot!

omahacolt
11-08-2019, 09:06 AM

You are dumb

Chromeburn
11-08-2019, 12:53 PM

Luck loved Pagano. I wonder if Luck never took to the new leadership. I think all the rehab time made him withdraw from the team and the camaraderie of the locker room.

This will not be a popular take, In the back of my mind, I wonder if Luck looked at all the money we are not spending and the talk of rebuilding despite making the playoffs and thought why kill myself if they are not willing to commit and win now. I know the philosophy of building the team rah rah. But the thought keeps popping into my head.

indycolts2
11-08-2019, 01:33 PM
You are dumb
You're an ass!

rcubed
11-08-2019, 01:55 PM
Luck loved Pagano. I wonder if Luck never took to the new leadership. I think all the rehab time made him withdraw from the team and the camaraderie of the locker room.

This will not be a popular take, In the back of my mind, I wonder if Luck looked at all the money we are not spending and the talk of rebuilding despite making the playoffs and thought why kill myself if they are not willing to commit and win now. I know the philosophy of building the team rah rah. But the thought keeps popping into my head.

I dont think so. Clearly the line was heavily addressed and luck had a fantastic year in the new system. I take him at his word that he just got tired of dealing with injuries. Dude is intelligent, rich, starting a family - I assume he didnt want his body destroyed for the rest of his life.

indycolts2
11-11-2019, 02:41 PM

Anything's possible with Lucks thought process. However he could not possibly have been blind to the extensions he saw being given to players Ballard was identifying as needed moving forward. Just as we all know who is coming up for free agency that are crucial to team success so did Luck. I mean this ultra intelligent geek sees the success of two consecutive drafts with occasional free agent signings such as Ebron last year and then Funchess for this year as well as Houston. He's got a GM with a knack for bringing in highly productive UDFA players, drafts extremely well, wants to resign those who are productive and earning extensions. You say he loved Pagano and I've got no doubt he did but once again he can't be blind to the pure ineptness of Pagano as a HC. He must have appreciated what Reich brought to the team last year...it's night and day comparing Reich to Pagano and not even close.

This is a weird time to be a Colts fan. We've seen what spending money and trying to win now was like under Manning. The Atlanta Braves of the NFL and we got to see meaningful football just about every January but not February. We saw what Colts looked like with Luck last year after the cobwebs were shaken off and everyone got on same page. Then add Houston and Funchess along with another draft class. Everyone touting the Colts as an AFC title contender until the mystery calf injury comes out of nowhere.

I know this, I'm over Andrew Luck. Appreciate all he did while playing. I find it unforgiveable that he did what he did in the manner he did it. Could care less when a player wants to retire but the timing is everything and his was just the absolute worst. Wish him the best and hopefully Brissett progresses or the Colts can find someone else they like. As a fan though I don't wish to see a 2-14 season to hopefully land the next great hope at QB for the Colts. Because it is never guaranteed.

CanuckColt
11-11-2019, 04:29 PM
No thanks to Cam.
We don't need to take someone else's problem and give up something for him.

rcubed
11-15-2019, 01:49 PM
Any interest in Kapernick who is holding a workout soon? Bring him in as a back up for the rest of the year, start learning the system and possible starter next year?

Chromeburn
11-15-2019, 04:16 PM
Any interest in Kapernick who is holding a workout soon? Bring him in as a back up for the rest of the year, start learning the system and possible starter next year?

I could care less about Kaep's personel stuff. If someone wants to protest I think they should be allowed to protest.

But he was never that great of a QB. His accuracy wasn't that great and he made some poor decisions. He would be an upgrade over Hoyer. I don't know if he would be an upgrade over Brisset though.

Colt Classic
11-16-2019, 01:13 PM

I'd rather have Tebow.

Dam8610
11-16-2019, 01:43 PM

I'd be fine with him as a backup because I think he'd do better than Hoyer just did, but Brissett should be the starter and the Colts should be looking for their next QB whether or not they sign Kaepernick.

Mr. Session
11-16-2019, 06:04 PM

Not even worth discussion, imo, because I don’t believe Irsay would even consider it.

Some Colts lost their jobs because of it, so we know how he felt about it. The franchise was also thrown in the middle of it with Pence walking out of a game.

Opinions on all of that aside, It’s irrelevant imo because Irsay will never do it.

omahacolt
11-16-2019, 08:04 PM
Not even worth discussion, imo, because I don’t believe Irsay would even consider it.

Some Colts lost their jobs because of it, so we know how he felt about it. The franchise was also thrown in the middle of it with Pence walking out of a game.

Opinions on all of that aside, It’s irrelevant imo because Irsay will never do it.

Irsay knows how racist Indiana is. No way he would allow it

JAFF
11-16-2019, 08:27 PM

Thats not why Irsay or Ballard wouldnt sign Kaepernick. If he could help the Colts they would do it.

rm1369
11-16-2019, 08:38 PM
Thats not why Irsay or Ballard wouldnt sign Kaepernick. If he could help the Colts they would do it.

Conveniently no team team believes he can help them I guess. You can choose to believe it’s because he isn’t good enough. A quick look at some of the QBs on rosters destroys that argument though. At least to anyone that is being honest.

omahacolt
11-16-2019, 11:03 PM

Wrong

Racehorse
11-17-2019, 09:36 AM

And somehow he allows Brissett to be the QB. How racist!

Puck
11-17-2019, 01:44 PM
Kaperfuck really really fucked himself yesterday

He will never play in the NFL again IMO . and rightfully so. He is a total tool.

what a waste of mediocre talent

JAFF
11-17-2019, 01:56 PM
Wrong

Thats an opinion, not fact

JAFF
11-17-2019, 02:03 PM

If Indy is so racist, why did so many people gp to the childrens museum on colts day and stand in line for hours to get autographs from Freeny, Bracket and Wayne. All African Americans.

I was there, I even won an autographed, signed by DFree football. Lots of kids, all colrs, all having a good time.

Yes we in indiana have problems, but you can see things changing

omahacolt
11-18-2019, 08:42 AM
If Indy is so racist, why did so many people gp to the childrens museum on colts day and stand in line for hours to get autographs from Freeny, Bracket and Wayne. All African Americans.

I was there, I even won an autographed, signed by DFree football. Lots of kids, all colrs, all having a good time.

Yes we in indiana have problems, but you can see things changing

Cool anecdote bro.

Completely irrelevant and nonsensical but good for you. Autographs are for children.

JAFF
11-18-2019, 11:34 PM
Cool anecdote bro.

Completely irrelevant and nonsensical but good for you. Autographs are for children.

It refutes your broad claim that Indy is racist. Indy isnt perfect, but it has improved.

And I dont stand in line for autographs, I just got lucky. I was put in the drawing because I renewed my family membership to the museum.

omahacolt
11-19-2019, 09:09 AM
It refutes your broad claim that Indy is racist. Indy isnt perfect, but it has improved.

And I dont stand in line for autographs, I just got lucky. I was put in the drawing because I renewed my family membership to the museum.

I never said everyone in Indiana is racist, dopey. There are a lot of racists in Indiana. You can deny that all you want but it is true.

You would know that if you weren’t busy pushing little kids out of the way to get autographs.

JAFF
11-19-2019, 06:08 PM
I never said everyone in Indiana is racist, dopey. There are a lot of racists in Indiana. You can deny that all you want but it is true.

You would know that if you weren’t busy pushing little kids out of the way to get autographs.

If people are rude or dismissive of you in Indiana it’s not because they are racist, its because you’re an asshole

Oldcolt
11-20-2019, 07:46 PM
Wrong forum. But to deny that racism doesn't pervade this country is crazy, Indiana included.

TheMugwump
11-20-2019, 08:52 PM
2019+ Jacoby > 2019+ Cam

Racehorse
11-20-2019, 09:02 PM
Wrong forum. But to deny that racism doesn't pervade this country is crazy, Indiana included.

I live in the South, and I will say there is far less racism here than what I recall from my years in Indiana, but that was a couple of decades ago, so it could just be that many of the racists have died off.

Pez
11-20-2019, 10:25 PM
Godwin's law within the next 6 posts...

Colts And Orioles
11-20-2019, 11:05 PM
Godwin's law within the next 6 posts ........

o

And maybe a couple of "Some of my best friends are black" assertions thrown in there, also.

o

Racehorse
11-21-2019, 07:34 AM
Godwin's law within the next 6 posts...

Only a Nazi like you would say that!

omahacolt
11-21-2019, 08:51 AM
I live in the South, and I will say there is far less racism here than what I recall from my years in Indiana, but that was a couple of decades ago, so it could just be that many of the racists have died off.

I meet a lot of proud, vocal racists here in North Carolina. It was a bit eye opening and to be honest. Didn’t see that in Nebraska. Although there aren’t many minorities there in comparison

Chromeburn
11-21-2019, 03:43 PM
I meet a lot of proud, vocal racists here in North Carolina. It was a bit eye opening and to be honest. Didn’t see that in Nebraska. Although there aren’t many minorities there in comparison

Didn't the klan start in North Carolina. I remember seeing some map and membership was highest in that state and still have a huge amount of rascists.

And Racehorse, I live in Florida part of the year and the south is still fucking rascist. It might be less than it was simply because people move around the country and you get exposed to new ideas. But when compared to a lot of the country it's still pretty racist.

Racehorse
11-21-2019, 05:45 PM
Didn't the klan start in North Carolina. I remember seeing some map and membership was highest in that state and still have a huge amount of rascists.

And Racehorse, I live in Florida part of the year and the south is still fucking rascist. It might be less than it was simply because people move around the country and you get exposed to new ideas. But when compared to a lot of the country it's still pretty racist.

I wouldn’t disagree, but I am saying there are as many racists in the North as there are in the South.

Puck
11-21-2019, 05:59 PM

Nope . Tennessee

JAFF
11-21-2019, 07:52 PM

There are minorities in Nebraska, the Dakotas, Wyoming and Montana. You wouldn't have seen them, there isn't a reservation near the eastern Nebraska. And there is racisim in the west when it comes to them.

CanuckColt
11-22-2019, 12:49 AM
Geez guys, enough of all the racist talk...I thought this was a football forum.
As for Cam, it would be a step backwards for this team. Let's just have Ballard sell out his draft picks and get a one of the top QBs and move forward. Maybe we can get a draft pick for Brissett...who knows.

omahacolt
11-22-2019, 09:52 AM
There are minorities in Nebraska, the Dakotas, Wyoming and Montana. You wouldn't have seen them, there isn't a reservation near the eastern Nebraska. And there is racisim in the west when it comes to them.

There is seriously something wrong with you.

Chromeburn
11-22-2019, 10:39 AM
I wouldn’t disagree, but I am saying there are as many racists in the North as there are in the South.

Yeah they're everywhere, I find it a bit more open in the south.

JAFF
11-22-2019, 05:41 PM
There is seriously something wrong with you.

Because I can tell you the Native American population is subjected to as much or more racisim than any other group? The Indian Reservations in the west are god awful. The Native Americans got fucked.

Brylok
11-22-2019, 06:24 PM
I'm not even gonna wade into these waters. Yikes...

indycolts2
11-22-2019, 08:18 PM
I'm not even gonna wade into these waters. Yikes...

Kind of the wrong forum isn't it?

omahacolt
11-22-2019, 09:07 PM
Because I can tell you the Native American population is subjected to as much or more racisim than any other group? The Indian Reservations in the west are god awful. The Native Americans got fucked.

Yeah

American Indians didn’t get a fair shake. What an astute observation there, professor.

JAFF
11-22-2019, 09:12 PM
Yeah

American Indians didn’t get a fair shake. What an astute observation there, professor.

Always the a hole

Brylok
11-22-2019, 09:45 PM
Kind of the wrong forum isn't it?

A lot of that happening nowdays

Colts And Orioles
11-29-2019, 01:29 PM
Geez guys, enough of all the racist talk ...... I thought that this was a football forum.

As for Cam Newton, I think that acquiring him would be a step backwards for this team. Let's just have Ballard sell out his draft picks, get a one of the top QB's, and move forward. Maybe we can get a draft pick for Brissett ........ who knows ???

o

Perhaps a redirection will help ........ a new thread, which (as far as I know) is in the correct forum.

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90059

o