PDA

View Full Version : Ballard’s scholarship players

Beeb
11-01-2019, 03:21 PM
I miss GBB’s write-ups. It was one of my first “readings” after every game. I still appreciate when others make the effort. But I also want to make sure that you know about Rick Ventura’s reports from Monday night that make it to the 1070Fan on Tuesday mornings.
This week he covered Rock Ya-Yin and Bobby Okereke and basically why they suck. Good stuff to call them Ballard scholarship players. I’ll leave it at that.
I’m not one who thinks that having 20 draft picks In 2020 and winning the most available cap award wins championships. Just my .02

rcubed
11-01-2019, 03:33 PM
I miss them too, I always ejoy reading the takes of the fine posters here. omaha used to do it but hasent been recently.

did gbb really never come back after saying he was out?!

Brylok
11-01-2019, 03:34 PM
Thanks for that. Venturi likes to hear himself talk.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
11-01-2019, 03:51 PM

He lurks and reads the forum regularly but I don't think he has posted since.

+1 about missing his post game thoughts.

I lurked many years on this forum before ever writing a post and always enjoyed reading both GBB's and omaha's post game recaps.

Chromeburn
11-01-2019, 05:09 PM
I miss GBB’s write-ups. It was one of my first “readings” after every game. I still appreciate when others make the effort. But I also want to make sure that you know about Rick Ventura’s reports from Monday night that make it to the 1070Fan on Tuesday mornings.
This week he covered Rock Ya-Yin and Bobby Okereke and basically why they suck. Good stuff to call them Ballard scholarship players. I’ll leave it at that.
I’m not one who thinks that having 20 draft picks In 2020 and winning the most available cap award wins championships. Just my .02

Yeah I heard that. Ya Sin has some serious technique issues and he said he hasn’t gotten better at all since camp. He now has a big flashing light over his head and offenses are going to try and isolate him and go after him. So expect to see more in the second half of the season. Also wondered why Wilson was inactive, could have subbed him in for Ya Sin.

Hoopsdoc
11-02-2019, 11:34 AM
He lurks and reads the forum regularly but I don't think he has posted since.

+1 about missing his post game thoughts.

I lurked many years on this forum before ever writing a post and always enjoyed reading both GBB's and omaha's post game recaps.

I miss his game thoughts as well, but his ban is self imposed. Basically because there were opinions here he didn’t like.

I thought that’s what the Freaks was built on?

Seems like he’s being quite a snowflake.

nate505
11-03-2019, 02:26 PM
I miss his game thoughts as well, but his ban is self imposed. Basically because there were opinions here he didn’t like.

I thought that’s what the Freaks was built on?

Seems like he’s being quite a snowflake.

Same. He was angry about the reaction to Luck, even though damn near everyone has moved on from it. Except him.

Indiana V2
11-03-2019, 04:03 PM

I hate sitting on our hands with so much cap space, and so many holes to fill.

JAFF
11-03-2019, 07:40 PM
Yeah I heard that. Ya Sin has some serious technique issues and he said he hasn’t gotten better at all since camp. He now has a big flashing light over his head and offenses are going to try and isolate him and go after him. So expect to see more in the second half of the season. Also wondered why Wilson was inactive, could have subbed him in for Ya Sin.

If anyone could fix flaws they acquired in a life time we wouldnt have anything to bitch about. Hes a rookie

Chromeburn
11-03-2019, 07:47 PM
If anyone could fix flaws they acquired in a life time we wouldnt have anything to bitch about. Hes a rookie

Then sit him so he can work on them. But little things like putting his hands up when the WR releases is easy to remember yet he still doesn’t do it. Then he gets beat early in the route bc of it and is playing catch up. How many PI calls does he need to sink in?

JAFF
11-03-2019, 08:13 PM
Then sit him so he can work on them. But little things like putting his hands up when the WR releases is easy to remember yet he still doesn’t do it. Then he gets beat early in the route bc of it and is playing catch up. How many PI calls does he need to sink in?

That sounds good but you have your starting quarterback hurt and you only get the dress 45 for every game? The kid has talent and he’s only gonna learn by playing but he’s not the reason the team lost. The starting quarterback got hurt, and the back up back threw a pick six. Special teams with a bad snap bad blocking, laces out Marino and that’s the ball game.

A lot of things went wrong in the game that rookie cornerback contributed but he was not the reason the Colts lost.

I’ll be the first to say it right now from the draft where ever the Colts wind up they should take some of those pics trade up and go get an honest to God edge rusher. A game changer, like Dwight Freeny.

Voosh
11-03-2019, 09:07 PM
That sounds good but you have your starting quarterback hurt and you only get the dress 45 for every game? The kid has talent and he’s only gonna learn by playing but he’s not the reason the team lost. The starting quarterback got hurt, and the back up back threw a pick six. Special teams with a bad snap bad blocking, laces out Marino and that’s the ball game.

A lot of things went wrong in the game that rookie cornerback contributed but he was not the reason the Colts lost.

I’ll be the first to say it right now from the draft where ever the Colts wind up they should take some of those pics trade up and go get an honest to God edge rusher. A game changer, like Dwight Freeny.

He definitely isn't the reason for the loss but the starting QB being out has nothing to do with his bad technique.
I agree with your last point. We need a pass rusher, also need a WR or two.

omahacolt
11-03-2019, 09:41 PM
I miss them too, I always ejoy reading the takes of the fine posters here. omaha used to do it but hasent been recently.

I plan on doing one tonight. I had plans to do them every week as well as an all 22 write up but unfortunately life has kind of got in the way.

I miss gbb’s write ups as well. He is on twitter and will do a brief breakdown occasionally.

Chromeburn
11-04-2019, 11:14 AM

This isn't an experience thing. It's a technique issue. It's a very basic technique issue. You learn that through practice, not gametime experience. Putting him out there only makes him a liability till he demonstrates he can actually utilize proper technique. And it isn't like we don't have another option, we have another high pick in Wilson just sitting there. Ya sin might have more long term potential, but right now he is a weakness that opposing offenses have earmarked. Next time we play a actually good QB, he will go after him.