PDA

View Full Version : Turay out for season

Thorgrim
10-07-2019, 09:53 AM
https://coltswire.usatoday.com/

Pez
10-07-2019, 09:54 AM
This sucks ass. The clip that showed his foot made me take a breath, ugly.

Thorgrim
10-07-2019, 09:54 AM
https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/07/indianapolis-colts-kemoko-turay-broken-ankle-out-for-season/

Thorgrim
10-07-2019, 09:56 AM
This sucks ass. The clip that showed his foot made me take a breath, ugly.

Cringeworthy for sure. Wonder if Reich would test trade waters.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
10-07-2019, 10:04 AM
Cringeworthy for sure. Wonder if Reich would test trade waters.

I think it means that Ben Banogu will get another look with an increased number of snaps in the next game or two.

And the roster spot will be filled by either:

1) re-signing Jihad Ward
2) promoting Gerri Green from the practice squad.

Brylok
10-07-2019, 10:47 AM
Man, I knew it when I saw it. Same thing happened to me. Hopefully his surgery and rehab go well and he can return next year.

Colts And Orioles
10-07-2019, 11:07 AM
o

The guy still made the sack of the quarterback, even after his ankle was grotesquely contorted ........ in my rat's ass of an opinion, that is a testament to how badly some of these Colts players want to win.

o

Maniac
10-07-2019, 11:12 AM
This really sucks. He was developing well, now this setback. Gonna be tough to get a pass rush now.

Luck4Reich
10-07-2019, 11:28 AM
Read that Vic Beasley will probably not return to Atlanta next season. Is he worth trading for and what would Colts have to give up?

Maniac
10-07-2019, 11:40 AM
It's possible I guess that Ballard would do a trade but I doubt it. Too many holes on this team still and we aren't competing for a championship this season. Ballard loves those draft picks.

omahacolt
10-07-2019, 12:29 PM
Sucks because he was ballin last night

ChoppedWood
10-07-2019, 12:33 PM
Sucks because he was ballin last night

Dude has been ballin' all along, really sucks, he was emerging as one of my favorite players. Gonna be a real challenge to get pressure now, hopefully Houston keeps stepping on the gas like he did last night.

Maniac
10-07-2019, 12:38 PM
Dude has been ballin' all along, really sucks, he was emerging as one of my favorite players. Gonna be a real challenge to get pressure now, hopefully Houston keeps stepping on the gas like he did last night.

I doubt it. I think Houston was just extremely motivated against his old team.

ChoppedWood
10-07-2019, 12:48 PM
I doubt it. I think Houston was just extremely motivated against his old team.

Possibly. Hopefully he keeps bringing it!

Von Miller is apparently on the clock- wouldn't be sad to see him in the shoe, but it would take a hell of a haul to make that happen.

Chromeburn
10-07-2019, 01:29 PM
Read that Vic Beasley will probably not return to Atlanta next season. Is he worth trading for and what would Colts have to give up?

Beasley seems like fools gold to me. He had that good rookie season, but a lot of those sacks were from luck, like not getting blocked. They weren't really from beating someone. You would think he would put up numbers with his athleticism, but it just doesn't materialize. Not the Falcon I want.

Chromeburn
10-07-2019, 02:24 PM
It's possible I guess that Ballard would do a trade but I doubt it. Too many holes on this team still and we aren't competing for a championship this season. Ballard loves those draft picks.

When are we competing for a championship? I would like to know. Apparently we had a shot last year but everyone dismissed it bc we thought we were rebuilding. Well turns out the franchise QB retired and we missed a window and an opportunity. We need to stop taking things for granted.

We just beat one of the best teams in league soundly. So are we a contender or not? If we make the playoffs I have to think we are a contender. I don’t like putting things off till the next year. Waiting for the planets to align. Everything can change in a single year. You have to take your shot if you have one. We sound like a chick waiting for the perfect man, we may find ourselves old and gray and missed opportunities.

Maniac
10-07-2019, 04:16 PM
When are we competing for a championship? I would like to know. Apparently we had a shot last year but everyone dismissed it bc we thought we were rebuilding. Well turns out the franchise QB retired and we missed a window and an opportunity. We need to stop taking things for granted.

We just beat one of the best teams in league soundly. So are we a contender or not? If we make the playoffs I have to think we are a contender. I don’t like putting things off till the next year. Waiting for the planets to align. Everything can change in a single year. You have to take your shot if you have one. We sound like a chick waiting for the perfect man, we may find ourselves old and gray and missed opportunities.

Or just realistic that this team is too young and inconsistent.

I think we all know when a team is good enough to compete for a championship. We saw it in the Peyton era when we consistently beat good teams and didn't just immediately think we were winning a title by beating one of them.

Chromeburn
10-07-2019, 06:12 PM
Or just realistic that this team is too young and inconsistent.

I think we all know when a team is good enough to compete for a championship. We saw it in the Peyton era when we consistently beat good teams and didn't just immediately think we were winning a title by beating one of them.

If this game isn't a qualifier then what is? I think last years team was good enough also. I think it's time to put down the rebuilding crutch. No team is completely weakness free except maybe the pats.

If the Chiefs can be a SB contender and a team some pick to beat the pats, we can certainly be a contender.

rcubed
10-07-2019, 07:02 PM
If this game isn't a qualifier then what is? I think last years team was good enough also. I think it's time to put down the rebuilding crutch. No team is completely weakness free except maybe the pats.

If the Chiefs can be a SB contender and a team some pick to beat the pats, we can certainly be a contender.

Need to see that more regularly to be considered a contender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Racehorse
10-07-2019, 07:57 PM
Beasley seems like fools gold to me. He had that good rookie season, but a lot of those sacks were from luck, like not getting blocked. They weren't really from beating someone. You would think he would put up numbers with his athleticism, but it just doesn't materialize. Not the Falcon I want.

Julio?

Luck4Reich
10-07-2019, 07:59 PM
Julio?

Yes please!

Chromeburn
10-07-2019, 08:04 PM
Julio?

Grady, but I would take Julio.

Luck4Reich
10-07-2019, 09:48 PM
Ravens picked up Jihad Ward

Hoopsdoc
10-07-2019, 10:00 PM

Nitpicking I know, but I wouldn’t say we beat the Chiefs “soundly”.

Luck4Reich
10-07-2019, 10:10 PM

The Colts' D -- down two stars in Darius Leonard and Malik Hooker -- just held the Chiefs to their lowest point total (13) with Mahomes as a starter. By double-digits. Incredible job by Matt Eberflus and his staff.

Looked pretty soundly to me. That is a n offense that hasn’t score less than 25 since Mahomes has been the QB if I’m not mistaken. The Colts nearly cut that in half!

VeveJones007
10-07-2019, 10:15 PM
Any good pass rushers ever come back from a broken leg and been effective?

Luck4Reich
10-07-2019, 10:19 PM

The Colts' D -- down two stars in Darius Leonard and Malik Hooker -- just held the Chiefs to their lowest point total (13) with Mahomes as a starter. By double-digits. Incredible job by Matt Eberflus and his staff.

Looked pretty soundly to me. That is a n offense that hasn’t score less than 25 since Mahomes has been the QB if I’m not mistaken. The Colts nearly cut that in half!

And to add to that amazing feat by the Colts Sunday night.... the Chiefs since Mahomes has been the starting QB has averaged...... YES averaged 35 points per game in the last 20 regular season games........

Colts held them to fricking 13!

ChoppedWood
10-07-2019, 10:50 PM

Fully agree. We are also playing a rookie on the corner.

I'm completely aligned with those saying "if not now, when". This team is good enough to get it done on any given Sunday and having what I believe is the best coach in the league lead it, is a huge advantage.

Chromeburn
10-07-2019, 10:51 PM
Any good pass rushers ever come back from a broken leg and been effective?

Can’t think of an example one way or another. Might affect his bend. But he will have nearly 8-10 months to recover till camp.

Maniac
10-08-2019, 12:41 AM

It's not a crutch, it's reality. We aren't there yet. Last year's team showed why. You may be able to beat one good team in the playoffs, but you have to beat multiple good teams each week. We'll know by Ballard's actions by the trade deadline if he agrees with your viewpoint.

Pez
10-08-2019, 01:54 AM
This doesn't make sense, why would Reich game plan to beat the cheetos if Ballard wanted picks? Think it through, Ballard is a pragmatist, reich is also. They both want a championship now, else they would have already started tanking. Wtf, why would we not give for everything we can get?

Sry, wtf is wrong with you people?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Racehorse
10-08-2019, 06:25 AM
This doesn't make sense, why would Reich game plan to beat the cheetos if Ballard wanted picks? Think it through, Ballard is a pragmatist, reich is also. They both want a championship now, else they would have already started tanking. Wtf, why would we not give for everything we can get?

I don't think I understand this post

Maniac
10-08-2019, 07:02 AM

Huh? No one said the team is tanking for higher picks. I only said that Ballard likes stockpiling picks so it's unlikely that he gives them up at this point in a trade. If he was going to do that, why didn't he do that in the off-season or spend some money to bring in some other free agents? That would have been the time to do it when there were a lot more options. So it's possible that he makes a trade but from his history it doesn't seem like he will.

VeveJones007
10-08-2019, 12:43 PM
Can’t think of an example one way or another. Might affect his bend. But he will have nearly 8-10 months to recover till camp.

I’m just not sure he’ll be the same. Could come down to how badly the ligaments were damaged.

Luck4Reich
10-08-2019, 01:32 PM
What's the crop of Pass Rushers in the next draft look like and what free agents are worth bringing in for next season? Obviously this needs to be better addressed after this season is over.

I like our chances to do some good things this year but if we come up short it will most likely be due to lack of pass rush consistency.

Pez
10-14-2019, 06:46 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/f4720Zv7QNpQgwU5pW/giphy.gif

Turay's custom move, the "asscake."

We're going to miss this guy, sucks that he's out for the season in which he was starting to show a great deal of improvement over his rookie season.

Chromeburn
10-14-2019, 06:13 PM
What's the crop of Pass Rushers in the next draft look like and what free agents are worth bringing in for next season? Obviously this needs to be better addressed after this season is over.

I like our chances to do some good things this year but if we come up short it will most likely be due to lack of pass rush consistency.

There are quite a few athletic pass rushers in the mold we like that will be in the next draft. Florida has a couple, LSU, Bama, Auburn, and Norte Dame all have guys worth watching. Chiasson on LSU is a little undersized but looks like an athletic madman out there and is lighting quick.

Decent QB and WR draft also.