PDA

View Full Version : Colts and AFC South

Pez
10-07-2019, 09:08 AM
1. 3-2 into the bye is huge for this team. We could have beat the chargers, we could have beat the raiders. Chargers was a Vinatieri fluke, even though we stunk up the place vs the raiders, we were in a position to win at the end of the game.

2. Houston has got to be stunned. Surely they thought we would lose this game and they would have sole possession of the AFC south. Tough shit.

3. Houston has to play KC next week, then us the week following. If Houston loses vs the Chiefs and we beat them in week 7, they will finish that stretch 3-4, and we will be 4-2.

4. The Colts have a great reason to feel a sense of accomplishment. This is the hardest game on our schedule and we won it going into the bye. Aside from the Texans two weeks from now, our next opponent that has a winning record is the Saints in week 14.

5. Related to above, what we should see is the coaches and team rising to this opportunity. We can easily win 8 more games this season. We should, I hope we do. Use the bye to get healthy and stay hungry. We absolutely have to beat Houston in week 7.

Remaining schedule:

7. Texans (3-2)
8. Broncos (1-4)
9. Steelers (1-4)
10. Dolphins (0-4)
11. Jags (2-3)
12. Texans (3-2)
13. Tacks (2-3)
14. Bucs (2-3)
15. Saints (4-1)
16. Panthers (3-2)
17. Jags (2-3)

It's totally possible we only lose one of those games. Seriously, 13-3 is possible with Jacoby Brissett.

Luck4Reich
10-07-2019, 09:21 AM
Amazing that all of the sudden the Saints are the only game that looks like a definite loss.... but then again the Colts just beat the Chiefs.... I still expect some bad games for the Colts but last night was huge for this team. If they get healed up and continue to Gel. This team can go 11-5 and take the AFC south.

Colts And Orioles
10-07-2019, 10:04 AM
o

The Cam Newton-less Panthers beat the Texans, on the Texans' home-field.

o
o

(ONE WEEK LATER)

The Cam Newton-less Panthers did it again, beating another AFC South rival as a favor to the Colts. This time, it was the Jaguars.

If they beat the Titans on November 3rd and lose to the Colts on December 22nd (with or without Cam Newton), the Colts should send them "thank you" gifts.

o

Butter
10-07-2019, 10:47 AM
o

(ONE WEEK LATER)

The Cam Newton-less Panthers did it again, beating another AFC South rival as a favor to the Colts. This time, it was the Jaguars.

If they beat the Titans on November 3rd and lose to the Colts on December 22nd (with or without Cam Newton), the Colts should send them "thank you" gifts.

o
Let's just make sure they don't sweep the South before we thank their ass

Colts And Orioles
10-07-2019, 11:04 AM
o

(ONE WEEK LATER)

o

Let's just make sure they don't sweep the South before we thank their ass.

o

Agreed ........ that's why I said "and lose to the Colts" on December 22nd.

o

ChoppedWood
10-07-2019, 12:39 PM
I went into this week thinking Reich was looking down the road and willing to concede last night as a L in an effort to get everyone back and ready for what is a very favorable mid-late season schedule with the goal of winning the division. Last night really puts us in a great position to roll later this year as long as we quit suffering all these damn injuries.

I still think we're 11-5 and division winners come the final snap.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
10-15-2019, 08:19 PM
Jacksonville finally caved to Ramsey's trade demand and shipped him to the Rams per Schefter.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1184253415607717888

It’s happening: Former Jaguars’ CB Jalen Ramsey is being traded to the LA Rams for two first-round picks in 2020 and 2021, and a fourth-round pick in 2021, source tells ESPN.

Puck
10-15-2019, 09:50 PM
Jacksonville finally caved to Ramsey's trade demand and shipped him to the Rams per Schefter.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1184253415607717888

Wow glad we weren’t in the running for that

Pez
10-15-2019, 09:51 PM
Wow glad we weren’t in the running for thatYea, that's too much

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hoopsdoc
10-15-2019, 11:59 PM
Tennessee just got a lot better. They benched Marcus “one hop” Mariota. They’re gonna be a lot tougher out with Tannehill.

Butter
10-16-2019, 01:19 AM
Tennessee just got a lot better. They benched Marcus “one hop” Mariota. They’re gonna be a lot tougher out with Tannehill.

meh/

ukcolt
10-16-2019, 03:27 AM
I was going to say the same, Tannehill isn't any better. Might shine for the occasional game, but not someone you are intent on building your franchise around.

Hoopsdoc
10-16-2019, 06:55 AM
I was going to say the same, Tannehill isn't any better. Might shine for the occasional game, but not someone you are intent on building your franchise around.

Tannehill can actually complete passes.

Chromeburn
10-16-2019, 09:09 AM
Tannehill has had good games and is more accurate. Been waiting for this to happen.

Hoopsdoc
10-16-2019, 12:34 PM
Tennessee is a good team that has been held back by their quarterback. I would not be surprised at all to see them go on a winning streak.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
10-16-2019, 12:44 PM
Tannehill has had good games and is more accurate. Been waiting for this to happen.

Tennessee needs to wrap Tannehill up in bubble wrap. He hasn't played a full season of games since 2015. He has missed 24 games due to injury over the last 3 years.

Perhaps waiting until Week 7 will help him stay on the field for the rest of this season. Their bye week is not until Week 11 so he will also have a week to get healthy if he gets nicked up in the first couple of games.

Hoopsdoc
10-21-2019, 10:36 AM

Tannehill yesterday-23-29, 312 yards, 2 touchdowns and they beat the Chargers.

I’m telling you guys, Tennessee is a team to be reckoned with now.

He will absolutely wreck our defense like he did with Miami.

Pez
10-21-2019, 01:41 PM
Tannehill yesterday-23-29, 312 yards, 2 touchdowns and they beat the Chargers.

I’m telling you guys, Tennessee is a team to be reckoned with now.

He will absolutely wreck our defense like he did with Miami.I agree that Tennessee is better with Tannehill, but patrick mahomes and Deshaun Watson were going to wreck us too. I dont see Tannehill in that league.

What I do like about it is good and interesting divisional football. The McNair vs Manning years were some.incredible games.

Thorgrim
10-21-2019, 02:54 PM
I agree that Tennessee is better with Tannehill, but patrick mahomes and Deshaun Watson were going to wreck us too. I dont see Tannehill in that league.

What I do like about it is good and interesting divisional football. The McNair vs Manning years were some.incredible games.

I don’t want any more incredible divisional football. I want to “crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentations of their women.”

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
10-21-2019, 03:04 PM
I don’t want any more incredible divisional football. I want to “crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentations of their women.”

Even with periods of more interesting division football, the Colts have a pretty amazing head-to-head record vs the other teams in the AFC South:

27 - 8 vs Houston (77% win the game)
23 - 13 vs Jacksonville (64% win)
34 - 15 vs Tennessee (69% win)

Pez
10-21-2019, 05:20 PM
I don’t want any more incredible divisional football. I want to “crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentations of their women.”Brilliant conan reference, even the voice in your head reads that like arnold.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
10-27-2019, 08:01 PM
JJ Watt is done for the season due to a torn pec. He had a MRI after the game and confirmed the outcome himself through twitter.

https://twitter.com/JJWatt/status/1188609476376616962?s=20

This game can be beautiful and it can also be brutal. Absolutely gutted that I won’t be able to finish the season with my guys and give the fans what they deserve. I truly love this game and can’t stand letting you guys down. Thank you for all of the thoughts & well-wishes.

njcoltfan
10-27-2019, 08:59 PM
JJ Watt is done for the season due to a torn pec. He had a MRI after the game and confirmed the outcome himself through twitter.

Great player, but very injury prone.

VeveJones007
10-28-2019, 12:58 AM

This really opens to door for the Colts in the division. Houston has a very top-heavy roster. They are ill-equipped to handle injuries to one or two of their best players.

Dam8610
10-28-2019, 08:04 AM
This really opens to door for the Colts in the division. Houston has a very top-heavy roster. They are ill-equipped to handle injuries to one or two of their best players.

Aren't they down Watt and Clowney now? That defense should be much easier to play against moving forward, and I don't see Watson as the type of elite QB that can cover those defensive deficiencies.

Chromeburn
10-28-2019, 10:06 AM
Entire AFC South won. Entire division is now .500 or better. See if the Titans are better with the QB change and Foles will be coming back soon for the Jags. May be tight down the stretch.

VeveJones007
10-28-2019, 10:39 AM
Aren't they down Watt and Clowney now? That defense should be much easier to play against moving forward, and I don't see Watson as the type of elite QB that can cover those defensive deficiencies.

Mercilus has stepped up nicely after they traded Clowney. They’re still solid in the front 7, but this is a major hit for them. Watt was a force against the Colts. I like Indy’s chances down in Houston with Watt now out.

VeveJones007
10-28-2019, 10:42 AM
Entire AFC South won. Entire division is now .500 or better. See if the Titans are better with the QB change and Foles will be coming back soon for the Jags. May be tight down the stretch.

Really need to take care of business these next two games to get to 7-2. 11 wins should be enough to take the division, so they’d only need to go 4-3 down the stretch.

Luck4Reich
10-28-2019, 10:43 AM
Anyone can take the AFC south at this point. Hoping the Colts can stay healthy. Could we see a trade for some pass rush help or interior D lineman? This D needs to get more pressure.

Chromeburn
10-28-2019, 11:01 AM
Rumors that we are looking to trade for Ryan Kerrigan

smitty46953
10-28-2019, 11:08 AM

Where did you here that?
Kerrigan 31 years old, only 2 sacks this year, I don't see it.
:cool:

Chromeburn
10-28-2019, 11:17 AM
Where did you here that?
Kerrigan 31 years old, only 2 sacks this year, I don't see it.
:cool:

Stampede blue via La Canfora. La Canfora doesn't have a great track record. Suppossedly teams are trying to deal with the Skins and Bengals but both are being difficult. Other teams trying to pick them clean. Seems teams are trying to get a few players here and there to put them over the top like the pats.

Luck4Reich
10-28-2019, 11:26 AM

Yeah I saw that.. isnt he going to be 32? Would Ballard really trade for that?

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
10-28-2019, 11:39 AM
Stampede blue via La Canfora. La Canfora doesn't have a great track record. Suppossedly teams are trying to deal with the Skins and Bengals but both are being difficult. Other teams trying to pick them clean. Seems teams are trying to get a few players here and there to put them over the top like the pats.

La Canfora also had the Colts linked to the Broncos DE Derek Wolfe. With the game yesterday, it would have been a good time for a last minute scouting session.

La Canfora just throws stuff against the wall, however, and hopes that something will stick.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-trade-deadline-broncos-expected-to-make-at-least-one-more-deal-with-two-key-defenders-in-play/

Chromeburn
10-28-2019, 12:17 PM
Yeah I saw that.. isnt he going to be 32? Would Ballard really trade for that?

Who knows. A 5th round pick? A 6th? To add some pressure and shore up the run defense some. I think we still look pourous against the run and the pats or 49ers would run all day on us. Our lane discipline is shit.

Ballard likes those picks, and he has said you are never one player away. However, if you have a shot any given year you can’t take that for granted. You never know what the next year will hold; for example your franchise QB just starting his prime years decides to retire.

Also I wonder if the redskins might be a little pissed on giving up their 2nd rounder. Which is starting to look like a top 40 pick. Gotta think the Colts staff pays attention to those teams drafting rookie QB's in the first. Nice candidates to trade back with anticipating a bad season.

Chromeburn
10-28-2019, 12:17 PM
La Canfora also had the Colts linked to the Broncos DE Derek Wolfe. With the game yesterday, it would have been a good time for a last minute scouting session.

La Canfora just throws stuff against the wall, however, and hopes that something will stick.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-trade-deadline-broncos-expected-to-make-at-least-one-more-deal-with-two-key-defenders-in-play/

Derek Wolfe would be an awesome get.

VeveJones007
10-28-2019, 12:50 PM

La Canfora is Baltimore-based. He's tuned into closely to Baltimore and Washington. My guess is that this is coming more from Washington to try and drive a market, rather than legitimate interest coming from the Colts.

Colts And Orioles
10-28-2019, 07:13 PM
The entire AFC South won this week. The entire division is now .500 or better. let's see if the Titans are better with the QB change, and Foles will be coming back soon for the Jaguars. It may be tight down the stretch.

o

And the AFC South is the ONLY division in the NFL with that distinction ....... all of the other 7 divisions have at least one team that is below .500.

https://www.nfl.com/standings

o

Luck4Reich
10-28-2019, 07:27 PM
I read somewhere that Colts are actually in the #2 seed spot right now ahead of the Ravens because of a better division record. Not sure how accurate that is but I dont think anyone expected the Colts to be doing this well.

ChoppedWood
10-28-2019, 09:25 PM
I read somewhere that Colts are actually in the #2 seed spot right now ahead of the Ravens because of a better division record. Not sure how accurate that is but I dont think anyone expected the Colts to be doing this well.

I am proud to say I did! This is a tough ass team with a tough ass coach at the helm.

Colts And Orioles
11-18-2019, 06:06 PM
o

(WEEK 11)

The Colts beat the Jaguars, the Texans lost to the Ravens, and both teams stand atop the division at 6-4 overall ........ with a head-on win over the Texans already in their pockets, the Colts will try to get a potential stranglehold on the division in Thursday night's rematch in southeastern Texas.

o

Colts And Orioles
12-22-2019, 05:28 PM
o

(ONE WEEK LATER)

o

Let's just make sure that they don't sweep the AFC South before we thank their asses.

o

Well, the Panthers did everything that we could have possibly asked of them this season ........ they beat the Texans, the Titans, and the Jaguars, and they lost to the Colts.

Unfortunately, the Colts were unable to take advantage of this major piece of assistance from the Carolinians in terms of attaining a playoff berth.

o

Hoopsdoc
01-01-2020, 03:34 PM

Tannehill led the league in passer rating this year. And just as I predicted, Tennessee became a playoff team when they benched Mariota and started him.

Luck4Reich
01-01-2020, 03:50 PM
Tannehill led the league in passer rating this year. And just as I predicted, Tennessee became a playoff team when they benched Mariota and started him.

Tannehill would have easily been an upgrade over Brissett much more over Hoyer.... but our GM gave them big pay days lol

Luck4Reich
01-01-2020, 03:56 PM
Hoopsdoc was spot on about Tannehill.

Dam8610
01-01-2020, 03:56 PM
o

(WEEK 11)
The Colts beat the Jaguars, the Texans lost to the Ravens, and both teams stand atop the division at 6-4 overall ........ with a head-on win over the Texans already in their pockets, the Colts will try to get a potential stranglehold on the division in Thursday night's rematch in southeastern Texas.

o

They went 1-5 after this and 2-7 after their 5-2 start. I think the league figured Briskett out.

Spike
01-01-2020, 08:56 PM
Tannehill would have easily been an upgrade over Brissett much more over Hoyer.... but our GM gave them big pay days lol

It's really sad that our two QB's are Brissett and Hoyer. I really hated when the Colts signed Hoyer, Puck will probably hate this, but I would have rather had Kelly back up JB. Hoyer is a hack. What a fucking nightmare. Ballard really has his work cut out for him.

Chaka
01-01-2020, 09:01 PM
It's really sad that our two QB's are Brissett and Hoyer. I really hated when the Colts signed Hoyer, Puck will probably hate this, but I would have rather had Kelly back up JB. Hoyer is a hack. What a fucking nightmare. Ballard really has his work cut out for him.

Hoyer can be cut with minimal cap implications ($1 million if I recall) this offseason, so he was pretty low risk all things considered,

apballin
01-01-2020, 09:28 PM
They went 1-5 after this and 2-7 after their 5-2 start. I think the league figured Briskett out.

I think he was hurt and after Hoyer embarrassed the organization Brissett felt like he had to get back out there after getting paid 30 million $

Colt Classic
01-01-2020, 09:33 PM
Hoyer can be cut with minimal cap implications ($1 million if I recall) this offseason, so he was pretty low risk all things considered,

All things considered, it was a pretty stupid acquisition. Low risk, yet who realistically expected it to yield ANY reward?