PDA

View Full Version : Hey Refs, Go Fuck Yourselves

nate505
10-07-2019, 12:38 AM
That is all.

Ok, I lied, but them overturning that pick is about as pissed as I've been at the refs in decades, maybe since the 49ers game in Peyton's rookie year.

They were beyond terrible tonight, like they put a bunch of Pac 12 rejects in there and for whatever clown does the replays.

HoosierinFL
10-07-2019, 12:45 AM
Also add about 25 yards to Mack’s totals because that’s how much they shorted him with bad spots all night long

Big Smooth
10-07-2019, 12:56 AM
Also add about 25 yards to Mack’s totals because that’s how much they shorted him with bad spots all night long

It wasn't just Mack.

nate505
10-07-2019, 01:01 AM
Actually I'm not sure what was worse, the interception overturn or the fact that PI on Hilton call stood. At least with the pick getting overturn I could have bought the idea that the ball hit the ground if they magically produced some camera underneath the ball, even though there was no video evidence whatsoever it did and thus it should have stood. That PI was so blatantly a no-call that they either upheld it because they are about as incompetent as it gets, or because they really really really really really want to never overturn a PI call ever.

The bad spots, the PIs were also horrid as well, it's just those were the two that would have been extremely perplexing if they happened in one game, let alone two in a half.'

rcubed
10-07-2019, 02:29 AM
The ball probably hit the ground but it wasn’t enough to overturn the call.

The PI on TY was a trash call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albany ed
10-07-2019, 07:51 AM
The ball probably hit the ground but it wasn’t enough to overturn the call.

The PI on TY was a trash call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with point 1, not enough evidence. On point 2, I felt that TY made a slight sidestep to be sure he was in front of the defender. I wouldn't have called it, but I didn't think it was that out of whack.

Colt Classic
10-07-2019, 08:28 AM
The retired referee that the announcers consult usually magnifies how bad the on-field calls are. When a long-time official is rendered clueless on how a play is called a certain way it only increases the frustration toward mind-numbingly bad calls being made.

Maniac
10-07-2019, 09:28 AM
What pisses me off is the replay system. You have clear rules the officials are SUPPOSED to abide by. If you make a call, you don't overturn it unless there is CLEAR evidence supporting it being overturned, yet they overturned that Mahomes INT when there was absolutely no fucking way anything in any of those replay angles showed anything clear to the contrary of their original call. How the fuck can you go against your own rules?

If you can't even follow your own rules, then you should NOT be on the field as an official to enforce the game's rules because clearly you are too fucking stupid.

Pez
10-07-2019, 09:29 AM
I agree with point 1, not enough evidence. On point 2, I felt that TY made a slight sidestep to be sure he was in front of the defender. I wouldn't have called it, but I didn't think it was that out of whack.

I agree it was a designed pick/rub play, but if they are going to call that on TY, there will be pass interference on more than 50% of passing plays. I just dont see how it was called, let alone upheld after the challenge.

bertjones
10-07-2019, 09:49 AM
Lord, I was yelling at the TV screen so loud and so often regarding
the officiating I'm surprised my neighbors didn't call the police.

Colts And Orioles
10-07-2019, 09:52 AM
Lord, I was yelling at the TV screen so loud and so often regarding the officiating, I'm surprised that my neighbors didn't call the police.

o

Bert, the officiating of last night's game was atrocious, but calling the police on the incompetent referees would have been a bit of an overreaction.

o

Spike
10-08-2019, 05:16 PM
NFL refs and Goodell are so fucking pathetic. They make up the rules as they go along.

nate505
10-11-2019, 09:16 AM
NFL refs and Goodell are so fucking pathetic. They make up the rules as they go along.

They are also refusing to overturn PI on replay this year, even when it is obviously PI. Either because they are extremely stupid, or because they refuse to admit they made a mistake.

Spike
10-11-2019, 10:53 AM
They are also refusing to overturn PI on replay this year, even when it is obviously PI. Either because they are extremely stupid, or because they refuse to admit they made a mistake.

Yep. It's one thing to miss a PI in real time because of the speed. But to have time to really look at it and still fuck it up is maddening. I would have a hell of a lot more respect for the officials if they could admit they made a mistake. They say it has to be clear and obvious to overturn a call, well a lot of those are clear and obvious. Then they turn around and take a Colts interception away where it wasn't clear and obvious that the ball hit the ground.

I totally agree with the title of this thread.

ChoppedWood
10-11-2019, 02:39 PM
It's a complete fucking travesty what they are doing. Yes, it is a giant flip of the bird to their boss who put them in this position- and he deserves it because he is a worthless fucking asshole, but at the end of the day the games are being significantly impacted by this bullshit- and it obviously cuts both ways given TY's bogus ass OPI the other night.

Fuck the refs and fuck Roger!

Pez
10-11-2019, 03:06 PM
Agree on the TY OPI, I think the league should be forced to publish their reviews, EG make a statement on Monday as to why they overturned or failed to overturn a play.

What did they see in the interception that looked like it hit the ground. What did they see in the TY call that confirmed it was pass interference?

I don't necessarily care that the call is overturned or not so, but there should be some level of transparency whereby these professionals can justify their actions. Doing so will be an opportunity for the refs to explain and inform to fans, coaches and players what their expectations are, and what they saw that was contrary to those expectations.

The networks started doing this with Mike Pereira, and the nfl is missing the boat by not making an official statement about the who, what, when and where of calls. Their Ivory Tower attitude is not doing them any favors.

So the refs hate that their discretion is review-able, why?

nate505
10-14-2019, 11:22 PM
And the refs just fucked the Lions over. These guys are clowns.

YDFL Commish
10-14-2019, 11:37 PM
And the refs just fucked the Lions over. These guys are clowns.

Fucked them over 3 times over.

Colts And Orioles
10-15-2019, 01:51 AM
o

The Refs Robbed the Lions of a Win vs. Packers on MNF, and NFL Fans were Furious

(By Henry McKenna)

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/10/refs-robbed-lions-packers-fans-furious

o

Colts And Orioles
10-15-2019, 01:56 AM
o

The Refs Robbed the Lions of a Win vs. Packers on MNF, and NFL Fans were Furious

(By Henry McKenna)

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/10/refs-robbed-lions-packers-fans-furious

o
o

Everyone Agrees: NFL Referees are Incompetent

(By John Maakaron)

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/nfl-referees-are-incompetent-ruining-nfl

o

ChoppedWood
10-15-2019, 09:44 AM
o

Everyone Agrees: NFL Referees are Incompetent

(By John Maakaron)

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/nfl-referees-are-incompetent-ruining-nfl

o

I'm not even sure they are incompetent really, but I am 100% sure they are a bunch of fucking pansy ass cowards that don't do what is right. I miss the old days- flag thrown, 1-2 seconds to get the call from whoever threw it, click the mic, pronounce it, march it off, fucking play on. Game disruption = 15-30 seconds max. Not now, these cowardly fucks huddle and appear to have steering committee meetings to discuss whether it was a fucking illegal formation... their need to have a 4 party conference every fucking time they throw the flag has destroyed the continuity of the game.

Fuck Roger and Fuck the Refs!

Spike
10-15-2019, 09:54 AM
What a fucking travesty last night was. They need to put a honest guy in the sky that can overturn dumb ass decisions by these refs. But Goodhell is too fucking idiotic to fix this mess. Integrity of the NFL is garbage right now.

Chromeburn
10-15-2019, 12:34 PM
After watching the officiating last week and last night I have come to the conclusion State Farm is running the show and they want a Rodgers Mahomes Super Bowl.

ChoppedWood
10-15-2019, 02:14 PM
After watching the officiating last week and last night I have come to the conclusion State Farm is running the show and they want a Rodgers Mahomes Super Bowl.

Sorry, it's not Start Farm, it's fucking con man Roger Goodell= same difference...

I fucking can't stand this shit they are pushing these days, it's not fucking fun.

Spike
10-16-2019, 05:30 PM
Goodhell was on the radio today spewing his bullshit again. He must not think we have eyes. He was protecting his refs instead of saying we have a problem that needs to be fixed. He's a joke of a commissioner.

Spike
10-17-2019, 08:14 PM
Now the NFL is proposing a sky judge for calls. Al Riveron gave pushback, didn't like it. All 32 coaches approved it. Fuck Riveron.

Pez
10-18-2019, 07:06 AM
Its odd to me that the chose PI as the first penalty call to be reviewable. Why not offsides, illegal hands to the face, horse-collar etc.

PI is immensely subjective, hands to the face is either hands to the face or it isnt.

Spike
10-18-2019, 10:05 AM
Its odd to me that the chose PI as the first penalty call to be reviewable. Why not offsides, illegal hands to the face, horse-collar etc.

PI is immensely subjective, hands to the face is either hands to the face or it isnt.

It was all because of the Rams/Saints playoff game. There was such an uproar from the non-call. But I still believe they need an eye in the sky person who could overturn any horrible call almost immediately. I don't know why those dumb fucks can't figure this shit out. SMDH!

Colts And Orioles
11-24-2019, 09:29 PM
o

COWBOYS vs. PATRIOTS ) (11/14)

Late in th 4th quarter, a phantom "tripping" call sealed the Cowboys' fate ........ instead of a 1st-down conversion and the continuation of the drive, it was 3rd and 11 and dire straits for the men from eastern Texas.

o

JAFF
11-24-2019, 10:58 PM
o

COWBOYS vs. PATRIOTS ) (11/14)

Late in th 4th quarter, a phantom "tripping" call sealed the Cowboys' fate ........ instead of a 1st-down conversion and the continuation of the drive, it was 3rd and 11 and dire straits for the men from eastern Texas.

o

Shocking.

ChoppedWood
11-24-2019, 11:12 PM
Shocking.

It was one of the most "WTF" things I have seen- there's nothing even close. It wasn't a "maybe" situation---- IT NEVER FUCKING HAPPENED.

These guys are fucking clowns, total fucking clowns. I am completely in the Dan Patrick camp that they are so pissed off there's a secret handshake between them to just do things to fuck with the integrity of the game just to flip the bird at the whole INT review rule. Dickheads...

Colts And Orioles
11-25-2019, 12:45 AM
It was one of the most "WTF" things I have seen- there's nothing even close. It wasn't a "maybe" situation---- IT NEVER FUCKING HAPPENED.

These guys are fucking clowns, total fucking clowns. I am completely in the Dan Patrick camp that they are so pissed off there's a secret handshake between them to just do things to fuck with the integrity of the game just to flip the bird at the whole INT review rule. Dickheads...

o

The "expert" that they have who chimes in on reviews actually stated that he thought that it was a good call ........ he said that the Cowboys' center "lifted his leg, and in fact caused the defender to stumble."

o

Colts And Orioles
11-25-2019, 12:53 AM
o

National Reaction to Cowboys-Patriots: Controversial Tripping Calls and Jason Garrett Send Social Media into a Frenzy

(By SportsDay Staff)

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2019/11/25/national-reaction-to-cowboys-patriots-controversial-tripping-calls-and-jason-garrett-send-social-media-into-a-frenzy/

o

ChoppedWood
11-25-2019, 07:25 AM
o

The "expert" that they have who chimes in on reviews actually stated that he thought that it was a good call ........ he said that the Cowboys' center "lifted his leg, and in fact caused the defender to stumble."

o

I am seriously aligned with a conspiracy theory here- these guys are ALL in on the handshake- they are having a good time fucking with the system. Guarantee you on Snapchat there are some good chortles at how badly they are pissing everyone off!

Pez
11-25-2019, 07:37 AM
That was brutal, both calls were horrible. The first tripping call the defender actually ran into his legs. The second tripping call he was simply moving his legs in the act of blocking. Aikman was arguing with Pierera on it.

Racehorse
11-25-2019, 07:45 AM
o

National Reaction to Cowboys-Patriots: Controversial Tripping Calls and Jason Garrett Send Social Media into a Frenzy

(By SportsDay Staff)

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2019/11/25/national-reaction-to-cowboys-patriots-controversial-tripping-calls-and-jason-garrett-send-social-media-into-a-frenzy/

o
The tripping call was egregious, because no tripping ocurred.

However, why do newspapers feel like social media posts are newsworthy? "OMG, someone made a tweet, let's report it." Wouldn't these tweets be public, where anyone who cares would have read them already?

Spike
11-25-2019, 07:47 AM
That was brutal, both calls were horrible. The first tripping call the defender actually ran into his legs. The second tripping call he was simply moving his legs in the act of blocking. Aikman was arguing with Pierera on it.

Referees have been fucking horrible, and to hear guys like Pie face defend them just pisses me off. NFL needs to figure this shit out because the refs are ruining this damn game.

Chromeburn
11-25-2019, 12:44 PM
The tripping call was egregious, because no tripping ocurred.

However, why do newspapers feel like social media posts are newsworthy? "OMG, someone made a tweet, let's report it." Wouldn't these tweets be public, where anyone who cares would have read them already?

Hey look Lebron commented on the OSU game. Let’s talk about it during the game.

He said “Gooooooooooooooooooo.” What do you think he means by that tweet Greg?

Spike
12-21-2019, 02:43 PM
Watching the Bucs vs. Texans and the refs are just fucking the Bucs. Arians might have a heart attack on the sidelines and I don't blame him. These refs are just garbage.