PDA

View Full Version : The Athletic's Power Rankings

Pez
09-24-2019, 03:44 PM
10. Indianapolis Colts (2-1; Last week: 13)
Three weeks is a large enough sample size to realize that our concerns before Week 1 about the Colts dropping off dramatically following Andrew Luck’s retirement were unfounded. Instead, what we’ve seen is the Colts have built a damn good roster, Jacoby Brissett is a legitimate starting quarterback and the Colts are one bad kicking day in Week 1 away from 3-0.

ChoppedWood
09-24-2019, 04:22 PM
10. Indianapolis Colts (2-1; Last week: 13)
Three weeks is a large enough sample size to realize that our concerns before Week 1 about the Colts dropping off dramatically following Andrew Luck’s retirement were unfounded. Instead, what we’ve seen is the Colts have built a damn good roster, Jacoby Brissett is a legitimate starting quarterback and the Colts are one bad kicking day in Week 1 away from 3-0.

Fair.

This is a GOOD team, a really really solid top 22 / 24; our starters, to me, we're a top 5-6 team in the NFL. However there are still depth issues and we are on the verge of seeing just how crafty Frank is at hiding them.

Would not be at all surprised if Sunday we are without TY, DL, Sheard, and of course Hooker. Those are some serious players to be without- but I bet Frank is calculating that we can get past the Raiders without them while also growing some youngsters...

VeveJones007
09-24-2019, 04:22 PM
I can't really blame casual observers who assumed the Colts would drop off significantly without Luck. The last time it happened, they were one of the worst teams in football.

If they want to get any higher than ~10, they need to start rushing the passer better, though. They were abysmal against Atlanta.

ChoppedWood
09-24-2019, 04:25 PM
I can't really blame casual observers who assumed the Colts would drop off significantly without Luck. The last time it happened, they were one of the worst teams in football.

If they want to get any higher than ~10, they need to start rushing the passer better, though. They were abysmal against Atlanta.

Recency bias. One week prior we had 4 sacks and held them 1/10 on 3rd down. Ryan and Jones are pretty serious dudes. Plus we definitely went into a mode of keeping it all in front of us and making them use the clock. No disputing we needed to get more heat though...

omahacolt
09-24-2019, 08:38 PM
Maybe a little high but this is a solid team with good coaching. I am fairly happy where they are

Pez
09-24-2019, 09:15 PM
Maybe a little high but this is a solid team with good coaching. I am fairly happy where they areAgree, the athletic has them higher than any other source. I think espn still has them at 17.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk