PDA

View Full Version : Q interview

Spike
09-12-2019, 07:00 PM
This guy is a beast.

https://www.colts.com/video/quenton-nelson-on-offensive-line-performance

ChoppedWood
09-12-2019, 07:20 PM
I recall people being upset, saying you can't take a G at that point. That MF'r is a # 1 overall pick, that is a stud that changes the complexion of an entire franchise. Before it is all said and done, probably sooner than later, you know he's gonna end up suspended- somebody is going to put a smack on our QB and it is going to be this guy that makes sure the NFL knows that shit aint ever gonna fly around here again.

smitty46953
09-12-2019, 07:23 PM
Q was my predicted choice from the get go, even at #3 :cool:

Spike
09-12-2019, 08:05 PM
Q was my predicted choice from the get go, even at #3 :cool:

Polian said you can't draft a guard this high. He was so fucking wrong.

ukcolt
09-13-2019, 08:43 AM
He is such an enormous human being! Love the guy. And i fully agree, i had no issue whatsoever about selecting him with the 3rd overall pick, he was the best player in that draft.

Pez
09-13-2019, 09:55 AM
His passion is pretty infectious. Not just how great he is at his position, but the fact that he was only 8 yards behind Marlon Mack on Mack's 63 yard TD speaks volumes about the level of heart he carries with him down the field.

You can just imagine Marlon Mack taking the handoff and following #56.

Oldcolt
09-13-2019, 10:21 AM
Re-watched the game. After following this team for 55 years I cannot believe that our identity is no longer a finesse team that moves the ball depending on one person (you know -mostly), the qb. Thanks in huge part to this man our goal is to physically dominate you at the line and we can and do dominate. It's a new experience for me and I love rooting for this type of team. That two point conversion was the type of play other teams made, just pure power and meaness-now it is our calling card. My big concern is lack of depth on the offensive line and at running back. Pretty stoked that depth is my big concern right now (everyone else that I'm concerned about at least has growth potential in my opinion) Gonna enjoy this.

Ironshaft
09-13-2019, 02:55 PM
Looking at next year's draft class, I hope that 2 of our 5 picks in the first four rounds are O-line. An OT early (1st or 2nd round) and an interior guy (3rd or 4th) round. We need better depth than just Haeg (whom I like) and Clark (meh).

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Pez
09-13-2019, 03:57 PM
Re-watched the game. After following this team for 55 years I cannot believe that our identity is no longer a finesse team that moves the ball depending on one person (you know -mostly), the qb. Thanks in huge part to this man our goal is to physically dominate you at the line and we can and do dominate. It's a new experience for me and I love rooting for this type of team. That two point conversion was the type of play other teams made, just pure power and meaness-now it is our calling card. My big concern is lack of depth on the offensive line and at running back. Pretty stoked that depth is my big concern right now (everyone else that I'm concerned about at least has growth potential in my opinion) Gonna enjoy this.

I have only followed them since the Indy move in 1983 (I was 11 then, 47 now). I agree with you, we have never had a team like this, run this way and managed this way.

When this culture has people like Adam Vinatieri saying things like ''I think every single day, every person is playing for their job," I think the culture is nothing like we have ever seen before, and it's refreshing and perhaps right.

JAFF
09-13-2019, 04:18 PM
Polian said you can't draft a guard this high. He was so fucking wrong.

Times have changed and he was talking in generalities' and how the Colts ran their team. With Manning and Mudd, how many guards were plugged in and played well?

Ballard wants to run the ball, no matter if it's Luck or Brisset or ? at QB. And he had the good sense to realize this guy was the John Hannah of his generation.

JAFF
09-13-2019, 04:22 PM
I have only followed them since the Indy move in 1983 (I was 11 then, 47 now). I agree with you, we have never had a team like this, run this way and managed this way.

When this culture has people like Adam Vinatieri saying things like ''I think every single day, every person is playing for their job," I think the culture is nothing like we have ever seen before, and it's refreshing and perhaps right.

What Adam said was about how the NFL works. If he keeps missing FG's, he's going to get cut. He knows it. It's a result driven league. The Colts may be forced to take the uniform off Adam's back. I hope not. But it happens to about 99% of those who play

VeveJones007
09-13-2019, 07:28 PM
Looking at next year's draft class, I hope that 2 of our 5 picks in the first four rounds are O-line. An OT early (1st or 2nd round) and an interior guy (3rd or 4th) round. We need better depth than just Haeg (whom I like) and Clark (meh).

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yep, I think this will be the approach. Interior DL as well.