PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Will Lutz!

ChoppedWood
09-09-2019, 10:25 PM
Nice to see the Texans drop a heartbreaker to start the season as well.

Let's go to TN and beat some ass and be in 1st!

Coltsalr
09-09-2019, 10:30 PM
Maybe I’m finally over it with the Saints?

I dunno, first time I can ever remember fully rooting for the Saints since that Super Bowl that we don’t talk about.

Fuck the Texicans.

Spike
09-09-2019, 10:35 PM
Nice to see the Texans drop a heartbreaker to start the season as well.

Let's go to TN and beat some ass and be in 1st!

That was a great game. Yep, lets go kick the Titans ass like we pretty much always do.

Spike
09-09-2019, 10:38 PM

I dunno, first time I can ever remember fully rooting for the Saints since that Super Bowl that we don’t talk about.

Fuck the Texicans.

Yeah, I don't usually root for the Saints either, but tonight I definitely was.

DrSpaceman
09-09-2019, 10:42 PM
Lutz also won my fantasy game for me

I don't mind the Saints or Brees.

Heck I don't even mind the Texans that much anymore. That was two great passes and an amazing 14 second drive by Watson

All my NFL hate is for the pats, that's it. the other teams and players, I may not cheer for them, but I can still appreciate them.

Colts And Orioles
09-09-2019, 11:19 PM
o

I believe that the Texans' defender made a big mistake on the final play from scrimmage.

There were 6 seconds left to play, and the Saints had a time out left. After the Saints receiver caught the pass from Drew Brees, he immediately hit the ground. The Texans defender needed to not touch him, to just stand over him until the clock ran out and then touch him. Unlike college football, you are not down until you are touched by the defender if you are in bounds. I know that the quarterback can "give himself up" if he is hurt, the way that Doug Williams did when he twisted his knee in Super Bowl XXII against the Broncos back in January of 1988, but I am pretty sure that that particular rule only applies to the quarterback ........ everybody else on the field that has possession of the ball is not officially down until they are touched by a defender as long as they are in bounds.

o

VeveJones007
09-10-2019, 12:10 AM

Fuck the Texicans.

Michael Thomas and Alvin Kamara are awesome. Removes the sting a bit.

Hoopsdoc
09-10-2019, 05:35 AM
Wrong forum. :D

Puck
09-10-2019, 10:27 PM
o

I believe that the Texans' defender made a big mistake on the final play from scrimmage.

There were 6 seconds left to play, and the Saints had a time out left. After the Saints receiver caught the pass from Drew Brees, he immediately hit the ground. The Texans defender needed to not touch him, to just stand over him until the clock ran out and then touch him. Unlike college football, you are not down until you are touched by the defender if you are in bounds. I know that the quarterback can "give himself up" if he is hurt, the way that Doug Williams did when he twisted his knee in Super Bowl XXII against the Broncos back in January of 1988, but I am pretty sure that that particular rule only applies to the quarterback ........ everybody else on the field that has possession of the ball is not officially down until they are touched by a defender as long as they are in bounds

o

Crazy how this may sound but is a very good point

ChoppedWood
09-11-2019, 07:44 AM
o

There were 6 seconds left to play, and the Saints had a time out left. After the Saints receiver caught the pass from Drew Brees, he immediately hit the ground. The Texans defender needed to not touch him, to just stand over him until the clock ran out and then touch him. Unlike college football, you are not down until you are touched by the defender if you are in bounds. I know that the quarterback can "give himself up" if he is hurt, the way that Doug Williams did when he twisted his knee in Super Bowl XXII against the Broncos back in January of 1988, but I am pretty sure that that particular rule only applies to the quarterback ........ everybody else on the field that has possession of the ball is not officially down until they are touched by a defender as long as they are in bounds.

o

O'Brien is being routinely panned in the sports media for doing such a horrible job during that final drive. If you think about it we have been the benefactors of an amazing confluence of idiocy- sure we lose Jack Del Rio but we gain Bill O'Brien- so that's pretty much a rinse cycle of coaching feces within the division.

ChoppedWood
09-11-2019, 08:09 AM
Case in point:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-texans-cut-34-m-cornerback-aaron-colvin-after-he-gave-up-critical-catch-to-ted-ginn-022154247.html