PDA

View Full Version : Brissett week 1

Pez
09-09-2019, 12:39 PM
I think it's worth an explicit call out. There are several reasons we lost this game, Brissett was not one of them.

21 or 27 for 190 yards, 2 tds and 0 interceptions, QB rating of 120.7.

Good on JB, that was a hell of a lot of pressure and scrutiny, he quietly stepped up and did his job.

DrSpaceman
09-09-2019, 12:50 PM
Of his six incompletions, at least two were drops, by the Tight ends, inside the ten yard line. One by Doyle and one by Ebron. Ebron has to haul that TD in, that is what he is paid to do.

Oldcolt
09-09-2019, 12:58 PM
We can win with him.

VeveJones007
09-09-2019, 01:00 PM
I think it's worth an explicit call out. There are several reasons we lost this game, Brissett was not one of them.

21 or 27 for 190 yards, 2 tds and 0 interceptions, QB rating of 120.7.

Good on JB, that was a hell of a lot of pressure and scrutiny, he quietly stepped up and did his job.

It wasn't all that quiet from my point of view. He balled out yesterday.

Luck4Reich
09-09-2019, 02:29 PM
Brissett did great...I was wrong and a complete dumbass.

Colts can win with him but cant expect him to always carry them. That defense needs to step up.

ZionsvilleColtsFan
09-09-2019, 02:36 PM
Jacoby exceeded my expectations yesterday but I'm sticking with my preseason pick of 6-10. Brissett is now 4-12 as a starter and yesterday's game was one Colts could have won.

albany ed
09-09-2019, 04:42 PM
Of his six incompletions, at least two were drops, by the Tight ends, inside the ten yard line. One by Doyle and one by Ebron. Ebron has to haul that TD in, that is what he is paid to do.

Ebron should have finished that catch, he's a professional. Doyle's was more of a lack of touch by Brissett. From that short of a distance, you don't throw a rocket. Easily corrected in the film room and next time he'll have some touch on the pass. All in all, I was very happy with Brissett, and the offense in the 2nd half. The D needs work and hopefully it was just a very bad day for AV. But no matter what, even if he does really well for the rest of the year, his time has come.

Oldcolt
09-09-2019, 05:39 PM
I read where Brissett meditates before games. I like that he does something to focus and calm his mind. Not so much that it’s meditation (although I do think that it is a good thing) but that he is doing something specifically to focus and work on his his mind. Pretty special for a young man of 26.

DrSpaceman
09-09-2019, 07:22 PM
Ebron should have finished that catch, he's a professional. Doyle's was more of a lack of touch by Brissett. From that short of a distance, you don't throw a rocket. Easily corrected in the film room and next time he'll have some touch on the pass. All in all, I was very happy with Brissett, and the offense in the 2nd half. The D needs work and hopefully it was just a very bad day for AV. But no matter what, even if he does really well for the rest of the year, his time has come.

yes he could have let something off that one to Doyle, and will learn to do that.

But it went right through Doyles hands, hit him on the helmet. Doyle could have caught it.

VeveJones007
09-09-2019, 09:06 PM
yes he could have let something off that one to Doyle, and will learn to do that.

But it went right through Doyles hands, hit him on the helmet. Doyle could have caught it.

Doyle probably wanted it with some heat. Would’ve given him more time to turn his head and avoid tacklers.

Puck
09-10-2019, 10:23 PM
I get it. He may not lose a game for us. It don’t forget he’s not gonna win many for us either.

He’s doing what he needs to do. But he ain’t taking us to a SB

VeveJones007
09-10-2019, 11:51 PM
I get it. He may not lose a game for us. It don’t forget he’s not gonna win many for us either.

He’s doing what he needs to do. But he ain’t taking us to a SB

If Eli Manning has two Lombardi’s, Brissett has a shot.

Maniac
09-11-2019, 01:24 AM
If Eli Manning has two Lombardi’s, Brissett has a shot.

If we have the pass rush that the giants had in those SB's, then Brissett has a shot.

VeveJones007
09-11-2019, 10:02 AM
If we have the pass rush that the giants had in those SB's, then Brissett has a shot.

That was my point.

Oldcolt
09-11-2019, 10:23 AM
I guess I'm not sure what people saw Sunday that made them think that this team cannot be lead to the promised land by Brissett . He can't do it alone but neither could Luck. Manning did it once. Marino never won one and Elway was no longer great when he won his. It is not ALL about your qb. It's about your team. This team didn't emotionally fold, got screwed by the refs, Vinnnie sucked and we were down by 15 and came back to tie. We may have a running game for the first time in my life as a Colt fan. The defense missed 16 tackles (most in NFL). After Sunday I'm a fanboy of this team. We have just as good a chance as almost anyone to make a deep run if we continue to develop. Last year gives me great hope that that is exactly what we are about to experience (continued growth and development)

indycolts2
09-11-2019, 11:47 AM
I guess I'm not sure what people saw Sunday that made them think that this team cannot be lead to the promised land by Brissett . He can't do it alone but neither could Luck. Manning did it once. Marino never won one and Elway was no longer great when he won his. It is not ALL about your qb. It's about your team. This team didn't emotionally fold, got screwed by the refs, Vinnnie sucked and we were down by 15 and came back to tie. We may have a running game for the first time in my life as a Colt fan. The defense missed 16 tackles (most in NFL). After Sunday I'm a fanboy of this team. We have just as good a chance as almost anyone to make a deep run if we continue to develop. Last year gives me great hope that that is exactly what we are about to experience (continued growth and development)

Yup...just imagine rooting for a team that should from all appearances be able to carry the day if the QB is off. They have not had that like since they moved to Indy. The last 20 years have indeed spoiled a lot of the current Colts fanbase. Assuming Sunday was an anomaly for both the defense and AV then they have the most balanced team since Manning left. Then again not many of us would have indicated back then that they were balanced because we all know what Manning was disguising.