PDA

View Full Version : AB cut by Raiders, signed immediately by Pats

HoosierinFL
09-07-2019, 08:01 PM
Obligatory wrong forum.

This was clearly some collusion. Cheaters back at it.

Racehorse
09-07-2019, 08:08 PM
Obligatory wrong forum.

This was clearly some collusion. Cheaters back at it.

Has to be, but Goodell won't do a thing

Racehorse
09-07-2019, 08:19 PM
According to overthecap, they only had $9M to spend. How did they get $15M for Brown?

YDFL Commish
09-07-2019, 08:36 PM
According to overthecap, they only had $9M to spend. How did they get $15M for Brown?

It's not all guaranteed?

Dam8610
09-07-2019, 09:26 PM
It's not all guaranteed?

That doesn't matter. If it's a $15 million cap but they have to have the cap room.

Brylok
09-07-2019, 10:17 PM
Way to go, NFL. I haven't watched a Super Bowl with the Patriots in it for a couple of years now. Looks like that trend will continue. Pure collusion.

albany ed
09-07-2019, 10:20 PM
Not collusion, but it sucks. If I were someone who wanted money AND success, I'm signing with this team too. I hate the MFers, but as long as they have BB,they're the best.

rcubed
09-07-2019, 11:05 PM
Saw this coming for a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Session
09-08-2019, 04:12 AM
Doesn't really mean anything to me at all that New England picked him up. They're winners, They're in a prime window, They run a scheme that is horrifically perfect for his skill set. It makes sense.

What I am, is dumbfounded at how incompetent the Raiders look in all of this. There was literally no return on this investment.

Racehorse
09-08-2019, 08:39 AM
Odd how this didn't happen until Chung got arrested. Kind of like the NFL decided that their darlings couldn't win it all this year with that loss, so they conjured up this scenario, all WWE style. The league is a joke right now. Goodell needs to go!

ChoppedWood
09-08-2019, 09:21 AM
Odd how this didn't happen until Chung got arrested. Kind of like the NFL decided that their darlings couldn't win it all this year with that loss, so they conjured up this scenario, all WWE style. The league is a joke right now. Goodell needs to go!

A-FUCKING men! It really is, it is damn near WWE as you say, it really is. GODell is a fucking joke.

I know this is not really the right way to be- but oh well, I fucking hope somewhere out there is a fucking renegade safety on a team that has no chance that sees this punk ass basically not have to go through camp, manipulates his way off a bad team onto a champ team- and says F-it, I'm taking him out and just wrecks what little brain cells remain in inside the clearly BurFUCKED cranium of his.

Hoopsdoc
09-08-2019, 09:40 AM
Saw this coming for a week.

Literally EVERYONE saw this coming.

Brown will be a model citizen in NE.

IndyNorm
09-08-2019, 09:50 AM
No doubt. This sucks. Only hope is that AB continues to act like a dumb fuck and/or the OL wasn't fixed and Tommy Boy gets the shit beat out of him on a regular basis.

DrSpaceman
09-08-2019, 10:35 AM
Just another reason to hate the patriots.

Added to the long list.

rcubed
09-08-2019, 10:56 AM
Literally EVERYONE saw this coming.

Brown will be a model citizen in NE.

Yep, he will have no issues with big numbers. I am more annoyed how we will have to hear how genius BB and the organization is than seeing them win. The patriot way!!!

smitty46953
09-08-2019, 11:26 AM
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Antonio Brown sought advice from social media consultants to "accelerate" his release from the Raiders.

That would explain some of Brown's more outlandish maneuvers in the past week, including an Instagram story criticizing the Raiders for fining him (which later led to a heated confrontation with GM Mike Mayock) and a YouTube clip leaking a recorded (presumably private) conversation with coach Jon Gruden. Brown's acts of self-sabotage worked exactly as intended, drawing the Raiders' ire and eventually freeing him to align with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick in New England. The Patriots offered a first-rounder for Brown earlier this offseason but the Steelers weren't keen to trade him to a conference rival. Turns out, he found his way to Foxboro anyway. The Evil Empire strikes again.

Source: NFL on ESPN on Twitter

:cool:

Collusion I think so :eek:

ChoppedWood
09-08-2019, 11:35 AM
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Antonio Brown sought advice from social media consultants to "accelerate" his release from the Raiders.

That would explain some of Brown's more outlandish maneuvers in the past week, including an Instagram story criticizing the Raiders for fining him (which later led to a heated confrontation with GM Mike Mayock) and a YouTube clip leaking a recorded (presumably private) conversation with coach Jon Gruden. Brown's acts of self-sabotage worked exactly as intended, drawing the Raiders' ire and eventually freeing him to align with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick in New England. The Patriots offered a first-rounder for Brown earlier this offseason but the Steelers weren't keen to trade him to a conference rival. Turns out, he found his way to Foxboro anyway. The Evil Empire strikes again.

This just in:
Roger GODell has issued a record fine to the Pittsburg Steelers for not helping Robert Kraft obtain Antonio Brown in March. The memorandum issued by the NFL front office discloses that in March Robert Kraft was willing to offer free lifetime sex slave services for every member of the Steelers organization in exchange for Brown. Roger believes that was a more than equitable offer and it was collusion on the part of the Steelers to damage the Patriots chances at stealing another Super Bowl and in turn it would hurt Roger's ability to get approximately $500MM in side money from his good friend Mr. Kraft for assuring the fucking cheatenest as bitch mofo's ever got another title.

Fuck the NFL!

Butter
09-08-2019, 11:41 AM

If this is true the league should suspended Brown for a very long time, that is incredibly detrimental to the league.

albany ed
09-08-2019, 11:53 AM
If this is true the league should suspended Brown for a very long time, that is incredibly detrimental to the league.

Don't know if you can suspend him for this, but it will become a pattern for talented players on shitty teams. And, it will be the beginning of the end for at least 10 NFL franchises.

Chromeburn
09-09-2019, 10:15 AM
So people are saying this is the most talented pats team in a long time and they are going undefeated. Just throwing that out there so everyone can throw up in their mouth a little.

rcubed
09-09-2019, 01:09 PM
probably too hard to prove

Chromeburn
09-09-2019, 01:20 PM
I don't think it is an act, I really do think the guy is off. We will see how he does. AB likes to freelance in how routes and going to meetings and other stuff seems optional. So we will see. Do they make exceptions for his behavior, then they say the rules only apply to certain guys. Who knows. Gordan is known for freelancing routes and he did ok yesterday. See if Brady likes it after a couple turnovers happen from their behavior.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
09-09-2019, 03:09 PM

Cap magic.

The contract for Brown is 1 year with a team option for a second year. They can spread the signing bonus over both years.

They may also need to restructure one or two of their current player contracts. The Cheats had verbally agreed to terms with Brown on Saturday but nothing had been officially signed. That occurs today and they will need to rework any other contracts today.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1171071416378318848

Patriots added an option year for Antonio Brown in 2020 at $20 million which becomes guaranteed if executed, per source. It was done to help for cap proration purposes this season.

nate505
09-09-2019, 03:42 PM

Of course the dumb fuck Raiders took the bait.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
09-10-2019, 08:56 PM
New day, new headline involving AB.

He is accused of sexually assaulting and raping his former trainer. A lawsuit was filed in court today in Florida.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/10/sports/football/antonio-brown-sexual-asssault-patriots.html

ChoppedWood
09-10-2019, 09:56 PM

He is accused of sexually assaulting and raping his former trainer. A lawsuit was filed in court today in Florida.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/10/sports/football/antonio-brown-sexual-asssault-patriots.html

I hope Tom has his panties with the DNA to prove it was AB, hell hath no fury like a Brady scorned...

Pez
09-11-2019, 07:21 AM

What a fucking shit show. I wonder if this jeopardizes the under the table money that Kraft is giving him to sign for $15M a year.

ChoppedWood
09-11-2019, 07:31 AM
What a fucking shit show. I wonder if this jeopardizes the under the table money that Kraft is giving him to sign for $15M a year.

Jeopardizes? This is Bob the sext trafficking king-pin Kraft you are talking about. AB probably just got a 50% raise. I wonder if Bob and AB have shared lists of women where they have nutted on their back to see if there is any cross-over, excluding Tom of course since that is a given.

Hoopsdoc
09-11-2019, 01:01 PM
So, the owner dabbles in sex trafficking, the quarterback tongues his own son, the wide receiver is a rapist and the starting safety is a drug dealer. On the only NFL franchise to ever employ a serial killer.

The New England Patriots, ladies and gentlemen.

By the way, Brown will practice this week and will play on Sunday unless the NFL suspends him. The Patriots sure as hell won’t. They only care about winning.

ChoppedWood
09-11-2019, 01:24 PM
So, the owner dabbles in sex trafficking, the quarterback tongues his own son, the wide receiver is a rapist and the starting safety is a drug dealer. On the only NFL franchise to ever employ a serial killer.

The New England Patriots, ladies and gentlemen.

By the way, Brown will practice this week and will play on Sunday unless the NFL suspends him. The Patriots sure as hell won’t. They only care about winning.

Hey hey hey now, before you go casting aspersions just remember- there is only like 1 or 2, certainly no more than 5, bad ass players a year that get popped for PED's, and just because they go elsewhere and pretty much suck, that has nothing to do with anything...

Let's cut them some slack!

ChoppedWood
09-12-2019, 08:35 AM
On a positive note it does seem there is some groundswell among the media types that the entire Cheats organization needs to be scrutinized, that the Belicheat "Patriots Way" meaning win at all costs, is doing damage to the league- and it absolutely is.

GODell needs to fucking put him on the exempt list NOW, quit being a Kraft stooge and do what is right you servile prick.

Chromeburn
09-12-2019, 12:13 PM
On a positive note it does seem there is some groundswell among the media types that the entire Cheats organization needs to be scrutinized, that the Belicheat "Patriots Way" meaning win at all costs, is doing damage to the league- and it absolutely is.

GODell needs to fucking put him on the exempt list NOW, quit being a Kraft stooge and do what is right you servile prick.

Kraft used to love Goddell but they don't get along anymore after all the cheats cheats recently. I think the inflategate caused some bad blood. I think Goddell is sick of them bending the rules all the time. the pats only care about their team and their winning, but Goddell has to worry about the whole league and public perception.

rcubed
09-12-2019, 02:56 PM
And nothing is going to happen...

Hoopsdoc
09-13-2019, 09:12 AM

What did you expect?

The league is stuck in a bad spot here. They’ve never before suspended someone for having a civil suit brought against them, even if it is for rape. The NFLPA would throw a fit. Yet, they’re taking a PR beating by doing nothing.

The patriots are shitheels who just flat don’t care. They could have AB on tape raping a 9 year old boy and they’d still play him. Everyone knows that. They couldn’t care less.

And here we are. I fully expect him to play full time going forward. Nothings going to come of this.

rcubed
09-13-2019, 11:43 AM
What did you expect?

The league is stuck in a bad spot here. They’ve never before suspended someone for having a civil suit brought against them, even if it is for rape. The NFLPA would throw a fit. Yet, they’re taking a PR beating by doing nothing.

The patriots are shitheels who just flat don’t care. They could have AB on tape raping a 9 year old boy and they’d still play him. Everyone knows that. They couldn’t care less.

And here we are. I fully expect him to play full time going forward. Nothings going to come of this.
actually that is what I expected.

I dont think AB should be suspended or put on the exempt list yet. There is an accusation in civil court. It's serious and I dont make light of it, but I dont think the NFL should take action yet. At some point in the future probably but its too early, imo.

As for the Pats, I am sure everyone is tired of them but what can they do? It's probably really hard to prove tampering if they illegally talked to AB or his agent while he was a raider. I think its really up to the owners to collectively pressure kraft behind the scenes to stop playing in the grey areas or out right cheating. but again, nothing will really come of it....

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
09-13-2019, 11:45 AM

Yep - at least it appears he will play this week vs. Miami according to Schefter:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1172518954717319169

At this point, NFL will not place Antonio Brown on commissioner exempt list, as there is no criminal investigation, making him eligible to play Sunday vs. Miami, per sources. NFL has opened its investigation, which will include interviews with Antonio Brown and his accuser.

albany ed
09-13-2019, 12:30 PM
When will Gronk return? Unless Brady goes down, this could be that undefeated season they blew the last time.

Hoopsdoc
09-13-2019, 10:45 PM

I dont think AB should be suspended or put on the exempt list yet. There is an accusation in civil court. It's serious and I dont make light of it, but I dont think the NFL should take action yet. At some point in the future probably but its too early, imo.

As for the Pats, I am sure everyone is tired of them but what can they do? It's probably really hard to prove tampering if they illegally talked to AB or his agent while he was a raider. I think its really up to the owners to collectively pressure kraft behind the scenes to stop playing in the grey areas or out right cheating. but again, nothing will really come of it....

Uhh, THEY could suspend him like Kansas City did Tyreek Hill. Remember, there was no criminal OR civil case in that matter. He was caught on tape making derogatory statements. That’s it. The investigation started only after he was suspended.

And they still got raked over the coals for not releasing him. Why New England isn’t getting the same treatment is a great question.

Hoopsdoc
09-13-2019, 10:53 PM

Ezekiel Elliott was also suspended despite facing no criminal or civil proceedings. The NFL could absolutely suspend Antonio Brown. And you could make the argument that they should. He’s facing a FEDERAL civil suit. Those don’t make it out of discovery without some SIGNIFICANT evidence of wrongdoing on the part of the party being sued.

The NFL and the Patriots could end up looking really bad here. For its part, the league only cares about image. The Patriots don’t care AT ALL. They know their knuckle dragging fans will support them no matter what they do.

HoosierinFL
09-14-2019, 09:04 AM
The Pats are the most corrupt organization in the nfl. Kraft is garbage with the whole human trafficking thing. And it’s no wonder he and BB and Brady are Trumpers. They’re all corrupt pieces of shit.

ChoppedWood
09-20-2019, 08:07 AM
New shit emerging, if this proves to be true, man even the scum that is the Cheats can't employ this miserable fuck...

https://twitter.com/RobertKlemko/status/1174895770752839681/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwte rm%5E1174895770752839681&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Faaq%2Fyc%2Fhtml %2Fembed-iframe-min.2d7457d4.html

Seriously, aside from the insanity of doing this, look at his spelling / narrative- how in the F is this guy able to understand a route diagram??? Geez...

HoosierinFL
09-20-2019, 08:18 AM
He writes like Trump

Pez
09-20-2019, 08:39 AM
New shit emerging, if this proves to be true, man even the scum that is the Cheats can't employ this miserable fuck...

https://twitter.com/RobertKlemko/status/1174895770752839681/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwte rm%5E1174895770752839681&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Faaq%2Fyc%2Fhtml %2Fembed-iframe-min.2d7457d4.html

Seriously, aside from the insanity of doing this, look at his spelling / narrative- how in the F is this guy able to understand a route diagram??? Geez...

Nah, they will explain that sh** away, saying its a civil and not a criminal matter, meanwhile AB's lawyers will stall and stall and AB will play out the season before it's resolved.

Bums me out, I had a good amount of respect for this guy until he decided to hold out.

Chromeburn
09-20-2019, 02:12 PM
Nah, they will explain that sh** away, saying its a civil and not a criminal matter, meanwhile AB's lawyers will stall and stall and AB will play out the season before it's resolved.

Bums me out, I had a good amount of respect for this guy until he decided to hold out.

So many athletes are pieces of shit. Cracks me up that they prop some of these guys up as role models for marketing purposes. Nah, a lot aren't even worth posting about.

Oldcolt
09-20-2019, 04:29 PM
To much even for the cheats. Released him today

JAFF
09-20-2019, 04:34 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/patriots-cut-wr-brown-after-latest-allegations/ar-AAHBa5b

Note this date. The day Satan said, "fuck I would never had signed that asshole in the first place."

Chromeburn
09-20-2019, 04:47 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/patriots-cut-wr-brown-after-latest-allegations/ar-AAHBa5b

Note this date. The day Satan said, "fuck I would never had signed that asshole in the first place."

But heeeeeesssssss Freeeeeeeeeee he's free! Gotta call his grandma and tell her he's free!

All the pats fans are going to break their back cheering now after just defending the signing last week.

Brylok
09-20-2019, 04:54 PM
You know it's bad when that organization releases someone. Wasn't Aaron Hernandez the only other good player they released in his prime? Yikes

ChoppedWood
09-20-2019, 04:55 PM
I didn't think they could stomach this. They take the troubled and make them tow the line until their time there is done- as many many many predicted, he can't do that. Not sure what kind of idiot texts a potential legal foe shi!t like that, but it sure is a special kind of idiot that much is certain.

I hope a bit of karma comes back on those bitches for pulling this underhanded shit they did. Every injury that happens from here on, they fucking deserve.

Butter
09-20-2019, 05:04 PM
https://twitter.com/SexyTroopLover/status/1175149220375998470?s=20

lan Rapoport
@SexyTroopLover
Source close to the #Patriots says the team cutting Antonio Brown was NOT due to sexual assault allegations, but because he insulted Tom Brady's abilities. Brown repeatedly called Brady, "a system QB" in meetings, causing Brady to cry on one occasion.

The truth comes out.

ChoppedWood
09-20-2019, 05:08 PM

The truth comes out.

I heard JIZZelle came to his defense by telling Antonio Tom can CATCH really well and Bob Kraft has videos to prove it...

Racehorse
09-20-2019, 05:19 PM

This is why the Patriots don't get the moral high ground here. They claimed that they would not have signed him had they known, but then they let him play anyway. Only after he proves to be too much of a moron to keep his words proper do they release him. Hypocrites!!!

Chromeburn
09-20-2019, 05:58 PM

The truth comes out.

It was all an elaborate stunt in order for Brown to troll Brady. He is now going to sign with the Steelers again.

Chaka
09-20-2019, 06:13 PM
What a disaster this guy has turned out to be. Does this guy have a CTE issue or something? What a self-destructive waste. Maybe he can get together with Johnny Manziel, David Irving and Aldon Smith someday and hold a panel discussion about what might have been.

Colt Classic
09-20-2019, 06:27 PM
"Foh clown" :rolleyes:
:confused:

JAFF
09-20-2019, 06:57 PM
What a disaster this guy has turned out to be. Does this guy have a CTE issue or something? What a self-destructive waste. Maybe he can get together with Johnny Manziel, David Irving and Aldon Smith someday and hold a panel discussion about what might have been.

He is an ass hole. Has been an ass hole. The Steelers could only take so much so they let him sign with the Las Vegas ass holes. But even they couldn't put up with him, so they sent him to sex offender central. I'm surprised he didnt find a home.

Too much?

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
09-20-2019, 08:01 PM

This is why the Patriots don't get the moral high ground here. They claimed that they would not have signed him had they known, but then they let him play anyway. Only after he proves to be too much of a moron to keep his words proper do they release him. Hypocrites!!!

I am sure the $5MM bonus payment that the Cheats were supposed to hand over on Monday had a bit to due with the timing. They probably figured that they can void most of the contract money and only have to pay the weekly allotment of his base salary for Weeks 2 and 3. Even though his two bonus payments were "guaranteed" ($9MM total) - there was lots of language in the contract where they could void the deal for his antics. I am sure he will file a grievance and try to receive the bonus - but AB doesn't have ANY of the bonus money yet. I think the Cheats knew that if they paid that $5MM on Monday, they weren't getting a dime back from him. And they probably knew that AB was going to land on the exempt list or that a suspension from the league was on the way....so they could be paying him to sit (if on the exempt list). Time to cut their losses.....and will probably only be minimal losses at that. The main issue for the Cheats will be the dead cap space.

Pez
09-20-2019, 09:34 PM
Couldn't happen to a nicer team. Brady, Bb and Kraft have been caught and punished twice for cheating. Kraft is widely believed to have knowingly taken advantage of or perhaps been involved in sex trafficking. Yet they are all still here.

The pats will go 13 and 3, a deep playoff run and all will be forgiven. This team is a fucking stain on the NFL and the nfl should have shut these fuckers down a decade ago.

I can't believe they have the nerve to pretend they have some sort of moral high ground by cutting Antonio brown.

Oh man, he's been accused of sexual assault, similar to our owner, that's ok, let's let the nfl figure it out, they certainly didnt punish kraft, should be no big deal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Racehorse
09-20-2019, 09:38 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/dont-give-the-patriots-credit-for-releasing-antonio-brown-they-made-the-mess-themselves-235254600.html

ChoppedWood
09-20-2019, 10:02 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/dont-give-the-patriots-credit-for-releasing-antonio-brown-they-made-the-mess-themselves-235254600.html

Good article. Filthy punk ass bitches. Just to fuck with them, the Jets should bring Bernard Pollard out of retirement this week, then cut him so every fucking team that plays them the rest of the year could put him on their active roster each week. Do nothing but end him on a blitz every fucking play!

Dam8610
09-21-2019, 07:02 PM
Good article. Filthy punk ass bitches. Just to fuck with them, the Jets should bring Bernard Pollard out of retirement this week, then cut him so every fucking team that plays them the rest of the year could put him on their active roster each week. Do nothing but end him on a blitz every fucking play!

Bonecrusher earned his nickname on that hit, and a torn ACL couldn't be more deserved by a person than Tom Brady. Boiler up!

Discflinger
09-22-2019, 06:31 AM
FW represent.