PDA

View Full Version : Brisset’s Max Potential

Chromeburn
09-05-2019, 01:31 PM
So Brisset is the great unknown at this point. Vegas is giving us 6.5 wins for the year because they think there is too much drop off from Luck. Peter King on the other hand says Brisset will get MVP votes and come in third. To put that in perspective Luck never got a single MVP vote.

So what do you guys think his max potential is? I’ve seen Ben Rothlisberger and Daunte Culpepper. I’m going to go back further though and say his max potential would be a Warren Moon.

YDFL Commish
09-05-2019, 03:17 PM
Drew Bledsoe

ChoppedWood
09-05-2019, 04:06 PM
Warren Moon- we're winning the SB this year! Warren is one of the most underrated players in football history IMO.

Hell even Bledsoe, I think if he could play to pre-injury Bledsoe levels, we're probably a perennial 11-5 12-4 caliber team.

VeveJones007
09-05-2019, 04:13 PM
I would peg his 2019 upside at 2018 Rivers or Cousins (~4,200 yards, 30-32 TDs, 10 INTs, 100 rating), but he needs to get his comp % up closer to 65-67%.

As I've said in other threads, I think 2018 Dak Prescott is more realistic (3,900 yards, 22 TDs, 8 INTs, 97 rating). The 2018 Cowboys are actually a really good model for anyone who wants to envision how this Colts team could have success this year: decent QB play, solid running game, good OL, very strong DEF.

Oldcolt
09-05-2019, 05:22 PM
Top 10 maybe top 5 quarterback in NFL. He is only 26 years old, he has the arm, is big, intelligent and seems to have his head screwed on correctly. He was no where near a finished product last time he played. I have no idea if he will ever reach it but I think he certainly has the potential to be a top qb in this league.

Colt Classic
09-05-2019, 06:11 PM
Really high expectations here--based on what?! Top 5 in the league? I'd be over the moon <he he> if he was top 5 in the conference.

Oldcolt
09-05-2019, 06:28 PM
Those are not my expectations. I was answering what I thought the max he could possibly be

Lov2fish
09-05-2019, 07:10 PM
His max ceiling, Donovan McNabb, his low, Tim Couch. He has all the tools to be as good as he wants to be. If he has tamed his youthful inexperienced mistakes, I would be thrilled to see a McNabb type QB play this year.

Chromeburn
09-05-2019, 07:29 PM
Warren Moon- we're winning the SB this year! Warren is one of the most underrated players in football history IMO.

Hell even Bledsoe, I think if he could play to pre-injury Bledsoe levels, we're probably a perennial 11-5 12-4 caliber team.

He reminds me of several guys. He can shed a tackle like Rothlisberger. He has deceptive speed and escapability like a Tarkenton or Young. A powerful arm like a Bledsoe or Marino where he stands in the pocket and fires downfield with a top down release. But why I say Moon is his accuracy and completion %. Moon hovered around the 60% mark and that is about where Brisset resides so far in his college and pro career. Plus Moon has good pocket awareness and could escape to extend a play. Moon did very well on those Oiler teams and probably should have won the super bowl. In fact I think they got beat by our coach.

Chromeburn
09-05-2019, 07:31 PM
His max ceiling, Donovan McNabb, his low, Tim Couch. He has all the tools to be as good as he wants to be. If he has tamed his youthful inexperienced mistakes, I would be thrilled to see a McNabb type QB play this year.

I would take a McNabb. Sans the puking.

apballin
09-05-2019, 07:40 PM
Play on the field reminds me of culpepper, but leadership and fiery competitor he definitely picked up from Brady

Luck4Reich
09-05-2019, 09:51 PM
I would take a McNabb. Sans the puking.

Met McNabb in person once and had a conversation. He and his family were at a rental property that I worked with. Guy is huge spoke very well.

omahacolt
09-06-2019, 07:47 AM
Met McNabb in person once and had a conversation. He and his family were at a rental property that I worked with. Guy is huge spoke very well.

Spoke very well?

Compared to what? It’s hilarious when white people praise black people for speaking well.

Chromeburn
09-06-2019, 09:04 AM
Spoke very well?

Compared to what? It’s hilarious when white people praise black people for speaking well.

Very well said.

Luck4Reich
09-06-2019, 09:20 AM
Spoke very well?

Not what I meant... just saying I enjoyed what he had to say.

Colt Classic
09-06-2019, 11:10 AM
Spoke very well?

I'm proud of you for being civil about this.

omahacolt
09-06-2019, 12:15 PM
I'm proud of you for being civil about this.

Fuck you!

Haha