PDA

View Full Version : This Season

DragonTails
08-28-2019, 07:38 PM
I don't post on here a lot and when I do I am a realist. I don't have rose colored glasses on.

When I watched that KC game last year I remember saying to myself that, even with all the experience Luck had, the team still looked like a deer in headlights- especially Luck, which surprised me. I was pretty disappointed in the performance and the coaching that game.

When Luck retired, the Colts went from -155 to +480 to win the division. The rest of the division didn't magically get better over night. I am really liking the Colts to still win the division and now it's +480!

I also think Kelly might be the player to lead the Colts to the division.

I may be crazy, but I am jumping on that +480 right now and lets see what happens. Sure it sucks big time with Luck gone, and I am usually very negative on the team - especially in the Grigson fkd up years, but not this time.

Let's see how this plays out.

Oldcolt
08-28-2019, 08:08 PM
You could be correct, I doubt it, but it is why I'll still watch. Nothing says that this team could not rally around Brissett.

albany ed
08-28-2019, 08:27 PM
Fuck it, it's our team and that's all we got. Just pull for them to win every week, what else can we do? Snap out of it, we're Colts fans, come Hell or high water.

Colt Classic
08-28-2019, 08:51 PM
You could be correct, I doubt it, but it is why I'll still watch. Nothing says that this team could not rally around Brissett.

I hope they don't feel some sort of obligation to stick with Brissett if he still has the same issues we've already seen from him. Go with Kelly when he comes back and at least have someone with new issues to watch.

Oldcolt
08-28-2019, 10:41 PM
I hope they don't feel some sort of obligation to stick with Brissett if he still has the same issues we've already seen from him. Go with Kelly when he comes back and at least have someone with new issues to watch.

To be fair, I really don't think any of us have any idea of how good Brissett is. The season we saw the guy he played for a miserable coach with an offense that was completely predictable, he had almost zero help and no preseason to learn that shitty offense. I don't ever remember hearing any complaints or excuses from him, I like that. He was class when Luck came back, again no complaints. As Colt fans we have had superstar qb's for so long we tend to forget what it means to win as a complete team. Maybe Brissett is exactly what this team needs. Who the hell knows? Could be a wonderful, transcendent year for those of us that stay with the Colts. Could be a shitshow. I'm almost beginning to look forward with some hope. Almost

VeveJones007
08-29-2019, 12:46 AM
Over/under was adjusted down to 6.5. I think that the right number, but I like the over better than when it was 10.5. This defense is going to surprise some people.

Colt Classic
08-29-2019, 07:56 AM
Over/under was adjusted down to 6.5. I think that the right number, but I like the over better than when it was 10.5. This defense is going to surprise some people.

Is this something I can bet locally now that sports betting is here in Indy, or did they only approve wagering on games? I'm as negative as anyone, but even I can talk myself into 7 or 8 wins.

DragonTails
08-29-2019, 08:20 PM

Obligation was a Grigson thing or whatever the hell you want to call what they did. I have more faith in the current leadership to do what everyone can see - if that becomes the case.

Coltsalr
08-29-2019, 09:04 PM
I do wonder how bad it would have to get with Brissett for Reich to bench him and hand the reigns to Kelly.

JAFF
08-29-2019, 09:19 PM
I do wonder how bad it would have to get with Brissett for Reich to bench him and hand the reigns to Kelly.

He becomes a turnover machine.

The D may be able to keep the colts in games. Brisset hopefully understands that punting is ok. I think the head coach and the OC can create a plan to highlight what Brisset does well. They already have offensive weapons to stretch the field and spread the field and create good looks for a quarterback. Brisset needs to trust his teammates and allow his running backs and wide receivers and tight ends to make plays.

Sounds easy

ChoppedWood
08-29-2019, 09:33 PM

I think Ballard and Frank both probably look at it from the standpoint of what does it really mean to the franchise to keep Jacoby long term. Being in a contract year, and seeing that Kelly has really shown he could carry the torch, I think they will be relatively quick with the hook knowing that if he can't get it done, they aren't going to be paying him big dollars on an extension, so why invest in his time...

That said, I believe the guy is going to be a heck of a player. Do I think Kelly is for real, yeah I do, I also think Chad Kelly being a bad ass as a camp pick up, says everything about just how good this shit Reich and Sirani put together is.

I already knew the Luck jump to 67% completion %, I did not know that his "catchable" ball stat was at I think 74%- that is just absurd- and while I loved what he brought to us- Andrew Luck was NEVER Peyton Manning or Tom Brady accurate- which again tells me- Reich and Sirani know how to make a good quarterback- fucking great.