PDA

View Full Version : Refunds? Lawsuit?

Brylok
08-26-2019, 12:02 PM
I don't know how to embed tweets, but Zak Keefer has reported that season ticket holders have been calling the Colts offices all day and demanding refunds.
Keefer didn't report on this next bit, but there are also rumblings among some season ticket holders about a class action lawsuit. They're claiming that since taxpayers pay for part of LOS, there is a violation of public trust in that the Colts have been deceiving them and basically doing a bait and switch.
Violation of public trust, as far as I know, only applies to people who hold public office, so I don't know if anything will come of it. However, it might be interesting to follow.

ChoppedWood
08-26-2019, 12:10 PM
The only way they could prove it would be to obtain medical records and under HIPPA that aint happenin'. It's fruitless.

I do hope this creates some good cheap seat opportunities so that people with kids that want to go to the game can do that absent a 2nd mortgage...

HoosierinFL
08-26-2019, 12:49 PM
First these people were human garbage for booing Luck off the field. Now they want to sue? Were these the same people who wore Manning Bronco jerseys to Colts games? These people can permanently fuck off.

Oldcolt
08-26-2019, 02:23 PM
While I think refunds/suing is ridiculous I think that anger at the Colts organization is more than justified. The way that they handled (if you can call it that) Luck's retirement announcement just caps off years of obfuscation and close to downright lying about this guys physical condition. Letting him be on the sidelines joking and smiling in no apparent physical pain when they knew he was going to retire, allowing him to make comment after comment about how he would be ready for the season and knowing what a bombshell this retirement announcement would, the Colts decided they could sit on it for a few days. That, in hindsight, was stupid. They lost the chance to roll out his retirement in a proper way that would have been much more respectful to both the fans and Luck.

1965southpaw
08-26-2019, 03:17 PM
Before any of them waste time on a phone call to the colts office, I'd suggest they read that fine print disclaimer on the back of the ticket.

albany ed
08-26-2019, 03:26 PM
I'd give them a refund and be glad they're no longer fans. Who needs fans like that?

Pez
08-26-2019, 05:01 PM
Heh.... the only ones who would make money in this are the lawyers.

How would a season ticket holder prove that they have damages for which the Colts organization is liable? Are you really going to pay a lawyer $10,000 to get a refund on a $3000 season ticket?

Lets watch and see if Brisket can get us a few wins.

omahacolt
08-26-2019, 05:03 PM
Colts fans are garbage. Have known this for years. Indiana is stock full of ignorant fucks

VeveJones007
08-26-2019, 05:11 PM
Holder said it best on twitter:

I went to the Bahamas over the summer and it rained for three days straight. I didn't ask Marriott to refund my money. Please own your bad take and keep it moving.

Chromeburn
08-26-2019, 07:44 PM
Scott Overton offers to buy the tickets and he will donate them to Riley's children hospital,

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jaguars/2019/08/26/matt-overton-andrew-luck-colts-jaguars/2124840001/

Puck
08-26-2019, 08:47 PM
Colts fans are garbage. Have known this for years. Indiana is stock full of ignorant fucks

One less than full of..... you moved out

smitty46953
08-26-2019, 08:52 PM

North Carolina has one as well :cool:

omahacolt
08-26-2019, 08:56 PM
North Carolina has one as well :cool:

Did you and Puck plan your responses

smitty46953
08-26-2019, 08:59 PM
Did you and Puck plan your responses

Nope, but appropriate :cool:

Brylok
08-27-2019, 04:06 AM
Where the fuck have you been? You missed the whole outrage. GBB straight quit this board. And don't say anything about being with my mom, she's 72 and that's really gross. You missed the whole shit show

Brylok
08-27-2019, 04:08 AM
Briskett is our franchise QB. That's where we're at now...

Hoopsdoc
08-27-2019, 04:33 AM
Where the fuck have you been? You missed the whole outrage. GBB straight quit this board. And don't say anything about being with my mom, she's 72 and that's really gross. You missed the whole shit show

If GBB quit the board over this, then he quit every single Colts board everywhere. Because the same sort of reaction was present at every board I visited, even that garbage Colts.com forum.

Chromeburn
08-27-2019, 09:19 AM
If GBB quit the board over this, then he quit every single Colts board everywhere. Because the same sort of reaction was present at every board I visited, even that garbage Colts.com forum.

I went there. The self righteous mods kept saying they were banning people left and right. That place sucks, talk about moderated marketing content.

Mr. Session
08-27-2019, 10:59 AM

Might as well quit the internet while he’s at it.

Hope he gets over it, his weekly thoughts post drives a lot of discussion.

Pez
08-27-2019, 11:17 AM
Might as well quit the internet while he’s at it.

Hope he gets over it, his weekly thoughts post drives a lot of discussion.

Me too, hope he comes around. The only reason we had Luck is because we had one of the greatest QBs of all time that covered for a poorly managed team. He went down and we were exposed as a 2 and 14 team.

If Manning hadn't went down he would have retired in 2016 as a colt and we would have a QB like Trubisky, who is arguably about the same caliber as brisket.

I'm excited to see if Brisket has the goods. No one thinks we will beat the Chargers. Pressure is off, go play football and expose Philip Rivers as the douchenozzle that he is.

Pez
08-27-2019, 11:18 AM
And don't say anything about being with my mom, she's 72 and that's really gross.

But is she hot?

Colts And Orioles
08-27-2019, 12:06 PM
Brissett is our franchise QB.

That's where we're at now ........

o

The most optimistic Colts fans are hoping that Chris Ballard will wind up being our franchise GM more so than Jacoby Brissett or anyone else winds up being our franchise QB ........ ala the Brady/Cassel Patriots, the Brady/Bledsoe Patriots, the Jurgensen/Kilmer Redskins, the Unitas/Morrall Colts, the Griese/Morrall Dolphins and/or a continuation of sorts, such as when Danny White filled in very adequately for the Cowboys from 1980 onward after the retirement of Roger Staubach.

Ballard made the assertion that that was his goal when he took the reins of the team almost 3 years ago ........ I suppose that we'll find out if we are there (or in the process of getting there) over the next 3 to 4 seasons.

o

omahacolt
08-27-2019, 12:11 PM

72 years old? That is Smitty and pucks age. Better keep her away.

I was at the beach on vacation. Sorry to miss it

Hoopsdoc
08-27-2019, 02:02 PM
but is she hot?

gilf

JAFF
08-27-2019, 04:11 PM
Nope, but appropriate :cool:

They are telapathetic