PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else over it?

kitekrazy
08-25-2019, 01:40 PM
I'm over it. We've seen the Colts without Luck before. The difference is it appears there is a more competent coaching staff. This will give us an opportunity to see how great these coaches are.

The Luck retirement is the final nail in the coffin of the Grigson legacy.

Ballard has done a great job cleaning this mess.

Who knows how this season will pan out. The NFL could be bad again this year. The success of the Patriots is more of a testament on how bad the NFL is than their greatness. It wouldn't be like that if it were the 80's.

It's not going to bother me as much since outside of the Colts I don't care for the NFL. I explained this some time ago. I don't have cable, I'm outside of the viewing area. I live where it's warm so there is no more couch potato NFL viewing in the fall and winter.

The only thing I hate about this is to get a Manning or Luck you have to be really bad. I don't see the Colts as really bad unless the team's morale take a dive when a start player quits before the season. Even in the middle of the pack I feel better that Grigson is no longer drafting for this organization.

DrSpaceman
08-25-2019, 01:43 PM
I am not over it.

I am still pissed at Luck. I don't care what the media and everyone else says about the injuries, etc. He could still play and chose not to, he is quitting.

But we have to move on, I support the team, and I believe in Ballard more than anything. He has proven to be a great GM so far and the team is in position to win and get better with or without Luck

Brissett is in a contract year, so he has one yeas basically to prove he deserves a new one. In that sense, its an ideal time for this to happen. He is playing to stay with the team and for a new contract

And I really do think Kelly could be a starter if Brissett faulters, after the two game suspension, if he stops doing stupid shit and keeps his head on right.

Chromeburn
08-25-2019, 01:57 PM
Not even remotely over it. Every game we lose I will wonder if we could have won it if Andrew was out there. This whole thing was a big shitshow.

ChoppedWood
08-25-2019, 02:04 PM
I agree, not close, not even remotely. Now incensed to hear that he took the $24.8 he wouldn't have been owed unless he was on the roster in a couple weeks (seriously, was this all part of the negotiation?- was he basically saying he would just string this along until then and claim he was too injured and require IR and finally they just said "F-it, you're a distraction at this point, here's your cash, go away").

Man this is infuriating. I have such little respect for this dude now...

JAFF
08-25-2019, 02:40 PM
There are worst things going on in the world, just go look at Washington, DC.

It's a brutal game. And those who love it often don't have the chance to walk away when they want to. The injuries this guy has endured playing in the NFL would have killed some posters here. How many here have had a lacerated liver?

He can do what he wants, he's the one who feels the pain. And he's in pain now. Not just from the injuries, but he no longer gets to do something he loves. He is now going to live the life with the rest of us.

If Peyton Manning could strap it up one more time, he would do it. So would this kid. But his body won't let him. I'm 60+ and I'm finding I can't do the things I use to. He's 29, and his body is failing him.

Get a grip, he got his jersey pulled off him by injuries, not by choice.

YDFL Commish
08-25-2019, 02:48 PM
Been over it since I woke up this morning and realized it wasn't a nightmare.

We will win with Brissett. I'm just not comfortable with backup QB situation right now.

Butter
08-25-2019, 03:01 PM
Not even remotely over it. Every game we lose I will wonder if we could have won it if Andrew was out there. This whole thing was a big shitshow.

That what if will be there for many years.

JAFF
08-25-2019, 03:04 PM
That what if will be there for many years.

Along with "what if Superman was born in Nazi Germany"?

DrSpaceman
08-25-2019, 03:08 PM
There are worst things going on in the world, just go look at Washington, DC.

It's a brutal game. And those who love it often don't have the chance to walk away when they want to. The injuries this guy has endured playing in the NFL would have killed some posters here. How many here have had a lacerated liver?

He can do what he wants, he's the one who feels the pain. And he's in pain now. Not just from the injuries, but he no longer gets to do something he loves. He is now going to live the life with the rest of us.

If Peyton Manning could strap it up one more time, he would do it. So would this kid. But his body won't let him. I'm 60+ and I'm finding I can't do the things I use to. He's 29, and his body is failing him.

Get a grip, he got his jersey pulled off him by injuries, not by choice.

This is where I disagree

he is very much physically still able to play the game

This is not some career ending ankle or calf injury

he just doesn't want to play though it or rehab anymore no more trying

That is quitting. Call it emotional toll or whatever, but its quitting.

VeveJones007
08-25-2019, 03:17 PM
I feel monumentally better about this organization than I did in 2017 because of Ballard and Reich. I don’t know if they can get a Super Bowl (that’s incredibly difficult) but I trust that they will make this team perennially competitive.

JAFF
08-25-2019, 03:23 PM
This is where I disagree

Wow, that's egotistical.

I'm in my 60's and had to have a stint put in my heart. They put me on an anticoagulant, so I wouldn't have another blockage. For 18 months, I was a walking bruise. I was holding my grandson on my lap and I got bruises from him. I felt like crap for 18 months, until I was taken off of them.

He's 29 and he's

1. lacerated his liver
2. torn his labrum
3. nerve damage in his leg
4. God knows how many sprains, bruises, cuts and fill in the blank.

He's not a coward. He just can't get healed. He needs to let his body heal and hopefully not need a joint replacement before he is 45.

njcoltfan
08-25-2019, 03:27 PM
This is where I disagree

And you know this how??

kitekrazy
08-25-2019, 04:21 PM
This is where I disagree

Two weeks before the season is quitting. After a season is retirement.

It's the circumstances. If they were 5-11 last year I don't think anyone would be bothered by it.

DrSpaceman
08-25-2019, 04:30 PM
Wow, that's egotistical.

I'm in my 60's and had to have a stint put in my heart. They put me on an anticoagulant, so I wouldn't have another blockage. For 18 months, I was a walking bruise. I was holding my grandson on my lap and I got bruises from him. I felt like crap for 18 months, until I was taken off of them.

He's 29 and he's

1. lacerated his liver
2. torn his labrum
3. nerve damage in his leg
4. God knows how many sprains, bruises, cuts and fill in the blank.

He's not a coward. He just can't get healed. He needs to let his body heal and hopefully not need a joint replacement before he is 45.

He lacerated his spleen, not his liver, and that has long since healed

Same with the torn labrum, its healed and has not since been mentioned as a problem in a year

He has an ankle calf muscle or tendon injury, not nerve damage. There is no indication he can't recover from this injury, he just has no desire to try to do so.

Its not that he CANT get healed, he is no longer interested in trying to get healed to keep playing

So be it, but call that what it is, quitting.

The is not so injured he can no longer play or that his life is in danger in any way, no indication of any permanent long term damage. He just is done trying to work through injuries.

He can make that choose, but it doesn't change what this is, which is quitting

DrSpaceman
08-25-2019, 04:33 PM
And you know this how??

Based on everything we have heard from everyone that reports on this. Not one person has reported that he has an injury to his ankle or calf that is permanent or that cannot be healed. HE did not even make that claim when he retired. If that is true, he should have said so, no reason not to say so at his point. Why Wouldn't he say it if that were the case? The colts and reporters have never made that claim. Not one person.

Do you know differently? I am going based on everything that has been reported to date

Indiana V2
08-25-2019, 04:36 PM
Yep, over it. My team is on the field.

Oldcolt
08-25-2019, 04:38 PM
He is quitting. Because of injuries. He has every right to do this. The way he chose to do it; two weeks before the start of the season, during a pre season game, after that bullcrap of giving everyone hope by working out before the game a week ago (if he didn't realize that he gave everyone hope when he did it he sure did after the press got a hold of it) taking the last 24 million he could get leaves a lot to be desired.

Brylok
08-25-2019, 06:33 PM
Nope, not over it. Might be getting over the Colts and the NFL though. We'll see.

Colts And Orioles
08-25-2019, 07:06 PM
o

For myself, it's not so much whether or not I am over it as it is that I don't have much choice but to be over it.

I wasn't "over" Peyton Manning missing the entire 2011 season while I was watching the team fall haplessly to a 2-14 record between the months of September and December, but what else was there to do besides continue to root for the over-matched team that was wearing the blue-and-white uniforms ???

Bert Jones missing most of the 1978 and 1979 seasons with a shoulder separation, Aaron Bailey just barely missing the winning catch on the final play of the 1995 AFC Championship game, Peyton Manning missing the entire 2011 season all hurt, as does Andrew Luck's sudden and unexpected retirement here in 2019 ........ but all of that hurt goes with the territory of being an ardent fan of a team.

So, I'm not over it ........ I'm just dealing with it the best that I can from this point onward

o

JAFF
08-25-2019, 07:07 PM
Two weeks before the season is quitting. After a season is retirement.

It's the circumstances. If they were 5-11 last year I don't think anyone would be bothered by it.

So going out there and failing for 2-3 games would be better than getting out when you KNOW you can't do what you once were really good at?

JAFF
08-25-2019, 07:11 PM
He lacerated his spleen, not his liver, and that has long since healed

Same with the torn labrum, its healed and has not since been mentioned as a problem in a year

He has an ankle calf muscle or tendon injury, not nerve damage. There is no indication he can't recover from this injury, he just has no desire to try to do so.

Its not that he CANT get healed, he is no longer interested in trying to get healed to keep playing

So be it, but call that what it is, quitting.

The is not so injured he can no longer play or that his life is in danger in any way, no indication of any permanent long term damage. He just is done trying to work through injuries.

He can make that choose, but it doesn't change what this is, which is quitting

He's damaged interal organs, torn muscles, and damaged ligements and tendons. He's in pain every day. He's not in the Marines. He's hasn't commited treason. He's protecting his own health. Wouldn't YOU?

DrSpaceman
08-25-2019, 07:34 PM
He's damaged interal organs, torn muscles, and damaged ligements and tendons. He's in pain every day. He's not in the Marines. He's hasn't commited treason. He's protecting his own health. Wouldn't YOU?

And I am not saying he should be shot for treason or kicked out of the country.

But he still quit on his team two weeks before the season and the fans have a justified reason for being mad

They booed a man. So what? Is that so bad? Is he so psychologically fragile he cannot even take some booing?

This idea that "you would do the same thing" (maybe I would, maybe not, I don't know. the same who you say "you don't know what he is going through, then its brought up "you'd do the same thing". You can't make both those arguments, mutually exclusive) or "he has...." some reason still doesn't ignore the fact on what he did, which is quit the game right before a season when PHYSICALLY he could still play

Not a single doctor has been mentioned that told him ,"You have to quit football for your own good" or "You can't play anymore at this level." THis is his decision and a decision he can certainly make, its his life

But that doesn't mean he can't be criticized for it or is absolved from the consequences or public opinion. And some rightfully view this as just quiting at the worst time for the team based almost entirely on what is best for him and him alone. And not because he can't play, but because he doesn't want to play

ChoppedWood
08-25-2019, 07:34 PM

Dude, do you not see that you are negating your exact points with your points? You keep calling people out as though they aren't entitled to say things because they DON'T KNOW if what they are saying is fact, yet you are turning around and demanding that everyone bow down to Andy because he was so hurt he couldn't do this anymore because his bones were sticking out of his ankle and there was muscle and bone exposed to the masses.

I am going to go back to the FACTS that we do know.

1- He himself said in OTA's, this was not a major thing and said he KNEW he would be ready for camp.
2- He himself said that he's had EVERYTHING under the sun done and there is no risk to the Achilles.
3- He himself talked about the x-rays showing nothing structural in the area.
4- He himself went through some interesting pre-game stuff on camera last week and showed zero signs of any type of discomfort. Was in fact doing the standard Luck "I am having the time of my life" chuckles throughout.
5- The TEAM that he works for has said HE is in control of the return, thus implying THEY (the team doctors) feel he is not at medical risk to continue playing and THEY would not stand in his way. That's a HUGE piece of the puzzle, when the TEAM is saying the player controls things that's a signal from the team that their diagnosis says the player is cleared to go if he wants to.
6- At NO POINT, none, not a single mention, over the course of 4 months plus has ANYONE, Andy or likewise associated with the team, showed him, talked about, whispered to reporters, jack shit about Andy wearing a brace, a boot, crutches, a simple brown wrap- not a damned thing to evidence any type of material injury to the area.

None of that is conjecture, those are the facts.

This is the NFL, these guys have the best, the very best top shelf training staffs in the world. If you believe that this guy has a foot, calf, ankle, leg that is so jacked up that he can't play anymore, then let's sit down with that paperwork for that swampland in Dubai... I will have my agent TY Hilton bring some of his medical reports from late last year so please get ahold of Andy's and let's compare notes...

DrSpaceman
08-25-2019, 07:36 PM
So going out there and failing for 2-3 games would be better than getting out when you KNOW you can't do what you once were really good at?

Again, not what he CAN"T do, at least physically. Not the issue

Its he DOESNT WANT TO DO IT.

Big difference.

JAFF
08-25-2019, 07:40 PM
Again, not what he CAN"T do, at least physically. Not the issue

Its he DOESNT WANT TO DO IT.

Big difference.

To be really good at football, at any level, is that you don't mind the pain. Apparently, his physical pain is beyond what he can manage. He can't bring himself to play.

What are going to do, put a gun to his head?

Ron White on hunting, " it's early, it's cold and I don't fucking want to go".

Luck can't get his head around playing. He's done. IT's his life so get over it

DrSpaceman
08-25-2019, 07:41 PM
Also, if he had done this LAST YEAR, even just before the season, I would have been fine with it

It would have been Colts didn't protect him, he could get hurt again, he has suffered enough, OK, I get it.

After last season though, he had no problems, the line is better, the GM and coach are better, they did everything they could to improve his situation.

And then he decides to retire after all that, when they made the needed changes.

And also, from what I gather THIS DOES NOT EVEN SEEM TO BE A FOOTBALL RELATED INJURY. Came up in the middle of the offseason.

JAFF
08-25-2019, 07:44 PM
And also, from what I gather THIS DOES NOT EVEN SEEM TO BE A FOOTBALL RELATED INJURY. Came up in the middle of the offseason.

He has spent the last 4 years doing rehab every day during the offseason so he could be ready to play. He hurts and rehab isn't helping. He's tired for swimming up stream. He's done.

It's his life and he can do what he wants. If he doesn't want to play anymore, it's his life. Get the heck over it

You even typed, " does not seem to be a football related injury" How do you know that?

DrSpaceman
08-25-2019, 07:46 PM
To be really good at football, at any level, is that you don't mind the pain. Apparently, his physical pain is beyond what he can manage. He can't bring himself to play.

What are going to do, put a gun to his head?

Ron White on hunting, " it's early, it's cold and I don't fucking want to go".

Luck can't get his head around playing. He's done. IT's his life so get over it

I don't believe that Its not about pain, you are making excuses for him.

If it was about pain, the only thing he could have chronic pain from is his shoulder injury. He never said that was the case and if it was true, he would have retired in the offseason.

If he has leg pain, it can get better with rehab. He has said, I don't want to even try to the rehab.

I treat chronic pain all the time, its my job, so just get that bullshit out of here. It that was the issue for one, he should just say so, and he did not and two, he would not have done it now.

you are just throwing out excuses for the guy

He doesn't want to play anymore. You're right I can't force him. But I can say he is a quitter for that attitude, which he is. BY DEFINITION. Retired, in his prime, two weeks before the season, with no compelling physical ailment he brought up as a reason he could not keep trying to play long term

Quitter.

ChoppedWood
08-25-2019, 07:48 PM
I don't believe that Its not about pain, you are making excuses for him.

If it was about pain, the only thing he could have chronic pain from is his shoulder injury. He never said that was the case and if it was true, he would have retired in the offseason.

If he has leg pain, it can get better with rehab. He has said, I don't want to even try to the rehab.

I treat chronic pain all the time, its my job, so just get that bullshit out of here. It that was the issue for one, he should just say so, and he did not and two, he would not have done it now.

you are just throwing out excuses for the guy

He doesn't want to play anymore. You're right I can't force him. But I can say he is a quitter for that attitude, which he is. BY DEFINITION. Retired, in his prime, two weeks before the season, with no compelling physical ailment he brought up as a reason he could not keep trying to play long term

Quitter.

B-I-N-G-O
B-I-N-G-O
and quitter was his name-eo

Puck
08-25-2019, 07:49 PM
Also, if he had done this LAST YEAR, even just before the season, I would have been fine with it

It would have been Colts didn't protect him, he could get hurt again, he has suffered enough, OK, I get it.

After last season though, he had no problems, the line is better, the GM and coach are better, they did everything they could to improve his situation.

And then he decides to retire after all that, when they made the needed changes.

Frank said he injured it last season. Was able to play through it and the pain eventually went away. He played in the ProBowl and was fine then it came back and he thought with some rest he'd be fine. It didn't.

He said he doesn't want to have to miss practice rehabbing all the time. Sitting in rehab all the time, all the questioning, not getting to practice with the team and his team mates took his joy away.

I would have been more pissed off had he just went through the motions and took the money this season and then retired. He knows JB is in a contract yr. He see's Kelly playing well. He decided it is time to move on.

He played like Favre maybe he retires like Favre.

His decision Im good with it. He took more of a beating than most guys have had to. He gave it his all as long as he could. He just felt like he couldn't give it anymore.

DrSpaceman
08-25-2019, 07:49 PM
He has spent the last 4 years doing rehab every day during the offseason so he could be ready to play. He hurts and rehab isn't helping. He's tired for swimming up stream. He's done.

It's his life and he can do what he wants. If he doesn't want to play anymore, it's his life. Get the heck over it

You even typed, " does not seem to be a football related injury" How do you know that?

Isn't helping?

His shoulder is fine now. it got better

Now its his ankle/calf. It could improve as well

How do I know its not football related? Because it was never brought up last season and appeared out of nowhere in the offseason. ANd he has admittedly done no football related work this offseason.

And you don't want people to just get over it, you want people to stop criticizing him for it, which won't happen. Not for awhile.

albany ed
08-25-2019, 07:52 PM
People are wired differently. Some will fall on their sword before quitting, others need to still love the game in order to continue. Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, both HOFers quit the game at the same age as Luck. I never looked at either of them as betraying the game they loved and I don't feel that way about Luck. The inner flame that made all 3 of them great competitors burned out, so they quit.

JAFF
08-25-2019, 08:05 PM
People are wired differently. Some will fall on their sword before quitting, others need to still love the game in order to continue. Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, both HOFers quit the game at the same age as Luck. I never looked at either of them as betraying the game they loved and I don't feel that way about Luck. The inner flame that made all 3 of them great competitors burned out, so they quit.

Football is hard when you love it. It's impossible if you hate it

Chromeburn
08-25-2019, 08:07 PM
Based on everything we have heard from everyone that reports on this. Not one person has reported that he has an injury to his ankle or calf that is permanent or that cannot be healed. HE did not even make that claim when he retired. If that is true, he should have said so, no reason not to say so at his point. Why Wouldn't he say it if that were the case? The colts and reporters have never made that claim. Not one person.

Do you know differently? I am going based on everything that has been reported to date

He literally said he was tired of the cycle. Pain/rehab pain/rehab and its in his head. But he has a calf injury and maybe a sprained ankle. Should be fine in a couple months at most. He just doesn't want to play anymore.

nate505
08-25-2019, 08:53 PM
I'm over it. I really wish the guy best of luck (no pun intended) for the rest of his life. I hope he remains healthy and lives the life he wants. While I wish he would have retired in March, it is what it is now and there's no use being too pissed about it.

I'm also excited to see what JB can do now that he has the keys to the car (a car that's significantly better than the 2017 version), and how the coaching staff can use him.

Still, I'd be lying if my excitement level was the same as it was a week ago. Now I'm happy if the Colts get to the playoffs, and that kind of sucks. Still, I'm sure two weeks from now I'll be pretty happy to see some real Colts football.

Luck4Reich
08-25-2019, 09:31 PM
Will not be over it for a while. Colts fans will feel pain until they are winning. Winning cures all with time. This stings a lot because of the timing and the fact that Ballard has put together a team that has a chance to win it all.

I hope Brisset proves me wrong and Reich has him firing on all cylinders. There are some weapons on this team to be excited about. Can Reich put a game plan in that Brisset can manage? It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Hoopsdoc
08-25-2019, 09:37 PM
I mean, I don’t have a choice. I’m laying here right now in bed thinking “holy shit, Andrew Luck REALLY retired”. It just doesn’t seem real to me.

I’ll be watching on opening day as always, but I’m taking a break between now and then. No Colts stuff at all, away from this board.

I’m a little burned out right now.

Dewey 5
08-25-2019, 11:13 PM
Nope, not over it. Might be getting over the Colts and the NFL though. We'll see.

Then jump off but you're going to miss the Colts shock the world.

Spike
08-26-2019, 12:55 AM
Not over it quite yet. When I first heard of his retirement, it was like someone hitting me in the nuts with a baseball bat. My reaction was that Luck betrayed us all, like a girl dumping you out of no where.

Was really excited about this year, still am, but not at the same level. I have always defended Luck against the naysayers, and I hated the fact that Griggs and Pags basically fucked him over.

Luck's retirement doesn't affect my love of the Colts and I will be rooting for them every week. Hell, every year I pay for the NFL package just to watch the Colts, and will continue to do so.

I understand fans being pissed off, a generational talent just left us and the news just came out of nowhere.

This move just makes me appreciate Peyton Manning even more.

albany ed
08-26-2019, 05:31 AM
Step up team. You lost a very talented cog in your machine, but it was a worn cog, and not able to do the job any longer. Perhaps one of the new, hungry cogs will shine. Certainly, it can work as well as that worn out cog that was prone to fail at critical times. Next cog up.

Pez
08-26-2019, 07:47 AM
Yep, over it. My team is on the field.

This is how I feel about it too.

HoosierinFL
08-26-2019, 07:55 AM
Not over the disappointment of him retiring but I just want to say one thing:

Several of you guys are fucking babies. Go change your tampons.

Did you forget merely one year ago we thought he may never play again, and people were *literally saying* that we were lucky he didn't retire because of the shoulder and that Grigson/Pagano almost broke Andrew Luck.

What we are learning now is that we were fortunate to get him back for one final season, and that YES, Grigson/Pagano did in fact BREAK ANDREW LUCK.

Think about that for a second. They destroyed him. They broke him. That string of injuries capped off with the shoulder fiasco literally broke his spirit. Not to mention the shitty culture they had, they destroyed his love of the game.

I think its pretty clear he was trying to push through this offseason and get that ankle better, but it wasn't. And he was facing yet another struggle to rehab and get healthy...

and for what? A bunch of entitled colts fans who booed him off the field on his final day as a Colt?! Indiana sports fans suck. Entitled babies who feel personally slighted anytime things don't go the way they wanted.

VeveJones007
08-26-2019, 10:49 AM

Did you forget merely one year ago we thought he may never play again, and people were *literally saying* that we were lucky he didn't retire because of the shoulder and that Grigson/Pagano almost broke Andrew Luck.

What we are learning now is that we were fortunate to get him back for one final season, and that YES, Grigson/Pagano did in fact BREAK ANDREW LUCK.

Think about that for a second. They destroyed him. They broke him. That string of injuries capped off with the shoulder fiasco literally broke his spirit. Not to mention the shitty culture they had, they destroyed his love of the game.

I think its pretty clear he was trying to push through this offseason and get that ankle better, but it wasn't. And he was facing yet another struggle to rehab and get healthy...

and for what? A bunch of entitled colts fans who booed him off the field on his final day as a Colt?! Indiana sports fans suck. Entitled babies who feel personally slighted anytime things don't go the way they wanted.

Some of the knee-jerk reactions on here were ridiculous, but I won't speak ill of the people for booing in the stadium. People in the 100 level at the 3rd preseason game are primarily season ticket holders, many of whom would have spent $5k+ on 2019 tickets. You fork out that change for a product or service, you can cheer or jeer however you want. It doesn't matter if you or I agree with it or not.

ChoppedWood
08-26-2019, 12:13 PM

Uhhhh there is that whole snow boarding mishap that kinda played a tiny role in his shoulder...

I'm not absolving Grigs and Pagano, dude was a pin cushion in that scheme but lest we fail to point out that he apparently did some of his own damage...

ChoppedWood
08-26-2019, 12:30 PM
Speaking of the title of the thread and "getting over it".

I found Big Joe's commentary this morning on the subject pretty interesting, and given that he was in those lockers and huddles, he has a legitimate platform.

He said that right now it's galvanizing for them, that with it being so close to the season these guys are all too focused on getting out there and raging to go that this isn't going to have such an immediate impact.

Then he did go on to talk about that moment when some of these guys wake up to the reality that he really just sort of left them to do this without him, and then it will be interesting to see how this plays out. If we get rolling and folks feel good about where we are headed, they will rally together and be a very tough team, however if things start sinking, this sentiment of "good for Andy" isn't going to hold for long and there won't be such nice things being said about him...

rcubed
08-26-2019, 02:10 PM
Some of the knee-jerk reactions on here were ridiculous, but I won't speak ill of the people for booing in the stadium. People in the 100 level at the 3rd preseason game are primarily season ticket holders, many of whom would have spent $5k+ on 2019 tickets. You fork out that change for a product or service, you can cheer or jeer however you want. It doesn't matter if you or I agree with it or not.

Yep. Fans have the right to boo, its voicing their displeasure to the situation. Especially the timing of it, right before the start of a promising season.

Its lucks right to decide when he is done and truly doesn’t owe the fans or organization anything.

I like Irsay. But he is my primary person to blame as he should have never hired grigson. Should have gotten out from grigson/ pagano earlier. Their ineptitude broke luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pez
08-26-2019, 03:14 PM
The fans are the only ones that have the luxury of not moving on. The team and coaches don't have that.

They need to commit to JB and engineer a game plan around what he can do and be successful with. While I wish we had more than two weeks to do this, I think this group of players and coaches is likely to be successful at it.

I'm sick to hell about this, but moving on.

rcubed
08-26-2019, 04:53 PM
The fans are the only ones that have the luxury of not moving on. The team and coaches don't have that.

They need to commit to JB and engineer a game plan around what he can do and be successful with. While I wish we had more than two weeks to do this, I think this group of players and coaches is likely to be successful at it.

I'm sick to hell about this, but moving on.
JB has been practicing with the #1s all offseason. I have a feeling that the colts brass knew not having luck for an extended period of time was a real possibility and have been preparing for it. Then it turned into possible retirement talk which then came to fruition. They have a plan for JB for this season. I hope ballard has a longer term plan in place. JB is fine but I dont see him as a long term solution.

kitekrazy
08-26-2019, 05:59 PM
Yep. Fans have the right to boo, its voicing their displeasure to the situation. Especially the timing of it, right before the start of a promising season.

Its lucks right to decide when he is done and truly doesn’t owe the fans or organization anything.

I like Irsay. But he is my primary person to blame as he should have never hired grigson. Should have gotten out from grigson/ pagano earlier. Their ineptitude broke luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It started before that by allowing one of Polian's children in the organization. Nepotism is a bad idea in a sport organization. They didn't draft well and I get the impression some of the better scouts left the organization when Chris was involved.

JAFF
08-26-2019, 07:05 PM
This is how I feel about it too.

Thank you Norman Dale

Dam8610
08-27-2019, 03:17 PM
Andrew Luck is a human. As a human, he found the game of football too taxing for his body and mind. I can't begrudge him that. It was a shocking decision and leaves the Colts in a bad situation, but I don't see a point in harboring ill will toward him, especially with all the great moments he gave us as fans in such a short period of time. The worst feeling I have about the whole situation is that I wish they'd traded down and drafted Russell Wilson (who I thought was the 2nd best QB in the draft at the time) instead, but hindsight is 20/20. Hopefully there are some good QBs coming out this year, because Jacoby is not the answer.

apballin
08-27-2019, 10:43 PM
I’m not mad at Luck, he’s got his reasons and it’s his life whatever makes you happy. I was over the if we had a game he could play bullshit and did not want it lingering into the season now we know what we got and we still have a solid team let’s go Colts this shit will only make these guys stronger and I like the underdog role much better

Mr. Session
08-27-2019, 11:31 PM
I’m just bummed. I think someone said it best when they described it like getting dumped.

Not angry at all, disappointed.

What is pissing me off, a little, is everyone bitching about the fans booing. I will concede that maybe Indy does have some shittt fans, but I still believe everything should be taken in perspective and folks should empathize with the fact that perhaps they were incredibly disappointed as well and that was how they chose to express that.

Maniac
08-28-2019, 02:42 AM
I was angry, then depressed, now I'm over it and ready to see what Jacoby Brisket can do.