PDA

View Full Version : What if a seaon away and Luck wants to return?

jasperhobbs
08-25-2019, 09:33 AM
I would think the Colts would still retain his rights, is this correct?

Hoopsdoc
08-25-2019, 09:37 AM
Yes, I believe they retain his rights perpetually. They would have to release him.

I wondered about him wanting to return after a year off as well. I would think he would have to be pretty damn convincing, that he was all in and in for the long haul.

I’m not sure he’d want to come back to Indy though.

ChoppedWood
08-25-2019, 09:42 AM
Don't ever want to see his face again...

Brylok
08-25-2019, 09:56 AM
That muthafucka can kick rocks. Pound sand. Put an egg in his shoe and beat it. We don't need a shook scared coward franchise QB here. Need a new franchise QB though.

ChoppedWood
08-25-2019, 10:00 AM
That muthafucka can kick rocks. Pound sand. Put an egg in his shoe and beat it. We don't need a shook scared coward franchise QB here. Need a new franchise QB though.

Shit cooked!

albany ed
08-25-2019, 10:05 AM
A Luck desire to return would be interesting:

1. Would the Colts want him?
2. Would they need to pay him his previous salary or would they be able to negotiate a team friendly salary
3. How would the players feel?
4. How would the fans feel?

Brylok
08-25-2019, 10:06 AM
Just mad. Fuck that dude. Straight up quit on the team he's supposed to lead. God-damned chump.

Lov2fish
08-25-2019, 10:19 AM
He can stay fucking knitting where it's less taxing on his mental stability. Football is for men who are not quitters.

ChoppedWood
08-25-2019, 10:23 AM
He can stay fucking knitting where it's less taxing on his mental stability. Football is for men who are not quitters.

Love this post a lot!

Knitting, damn someone with some photoshop skills needs to crush this one!

rcubed
08-25-2019, 10:51 AM
I bet Ballard would say fuck off, we moved on.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

kitekrazy
08-25-2019, 01:11 PM
I would think the Colts would still retain his rights, is this correct?

So does the NFL. Say if he wanted to play in that other league, the NFL won't allow it. It's the same in all professional sports. Pro athletes are not allowed to participate in say a community league in the offseason.

DrSpaceman
08-25-2019, 01:48 PM
I would trade him.

Don't want him back after this. I don't care how good he is at QB.

And inevitably if he tried to come back, in a season or so, he would be right back in this "do I or don't I" want to play

in the end, I just don't think he loved the game as much as many others do. Not like Manning or dare I say, Brady. He likes it, but he has other interests. Which is perfectly fine. His to choose, but that doesn't diminish the fact he is quitting on a team that is in position to win a title in the next few years.

For that reason I don't see him coming back. He will work with his dad in business or some executive function in sports.

Fine, go do it, don't let the door hit you in the ass. You might injure yourself.

Chromeburn
08-25-2019, 01:50 PM
Colts paid him his 2019 salary anyway.

Racehorse
08-25-2019, 01:51 PM
I would trade him.

And inevitably if he tried to come back, in a season or so, he would be right back in this "do I or don't I" want to play

in the end, I just don't think he loved the game as much as many others do. Not like Manning or dare I say, Brady. He likes it, but he has other interests. Which is perfectly fine. His to choose, but that doesn't diminish the fact he is quitting on a team that is in position to win a title in the next few years.

For that reason I don't see him coming back. He will work with his dad in business or some executive function in sports.

Fine, go do it, don't let the door hit you in the ass. You might injure yourself.I wonder if a team would trade for his rights at this point. Maybe the Raiders or Redskins. Nobody else would take that chance. Would you? I don’t think I would, unless I was 0-16 desperate, and even then, I would have the pick of the QB class, so...

Racehorse
08-25-2019, 01:52 PM
Colts paid him his 2019 salary anyway.

That maybe Jim’s way of keeping the door open a crack for a return

Chromeburn
08-25-2019, 02:08 PM

That's what I was thinking. Will have to win over the fanbase and the team again though.

You know who could have used some of that money, the fans who paid for tickets. Think a guy who makes 60k a year feels the dent of season tickets? A lot of people feel betrayed, deceived, etc. The media is too busy slut shaming the fanbase, but that just tells me how out of touch with the fanbase they are.

ChoppedWood
08-25-2019, 02:23 PM
That's what I was thinking. Will have to win over the fanbase and the team again though.

You know who could have used some of that money, the fans who paid for tickets. Think a guy who makes 60k a year feels the dent of season tickets? A lot of people feel betrayed, deceived, etc. The media is too busy slut shaming the fanbase, but that just tells me how out of touch with the fanbase they are.

100% agree with this right here, I've thought the same thing about this, very out of touch. I don't get this contingent going around with the "but you pay to see the team not a player so what's the big deal?", while true at premise, we also pay to see the stars do their magical things and when the brightest star isn't there, well the value of the magic is invariably diminished.

Now think about the flipside revenue possibilities, can you imagine the rubber band effect if Jacoby can do this- if he could pull this rabbit out and lead this team to a SB- they wouldn't be able to print jersey's fast enough and the fans would rally around him and this team like crazy he would challenge Peyton for status around here if it were to somehow happen (and I am not going to say it can't, more and more I believe we have the assembled talent and the right leader to pull something like this off).

JAFF
08-25-2019, 02:26 PM
Yes, I believe they retain his rights perpetually. They would have to release him.

I wondered about him wanting to return after a year off as well. I would think he would have to be pretty damn convincing, that he was all in and in for the long haul.

I’m not sure he’d want to come back to Indy though.

His problem is not with the owner, front office or coach. It's with his body

JAFF
08-25-2019, 02:27 PM
Don't ever want to see his face again...

What are you? A sixteen year old girl?

JAFF
08-25-2019, 02:29 PM
Just mad. Fuck that dude. Straight up quit on the team he's supposed to lead. God-damned chump.

He's 29 years old and he's been doing physical rehab since he lacerated his spleen. Then the arm, now the leg.

If he stops now, he MIGHT have a regular life. But he's 29 with a 55 year old body.

JAFF
08-25-2019, 02:30 PM
I would trade him.

Fine, go do it, don't let the door hit you in the ass. You might injure yourself.

Dumb

JAFF
08-25-2019, 02:33 PM

He broke his body playing for this team. And I suppose they could have witheld the money.

Jim Irsay is a good guy, and a kind soul and he knows the pain and agony of this brutal game. His dad would have said, "fuck Luck". That is how Jim is different.

YDFL Commish
08-25-2019, 02:55 PM
Luck is moving to Europe, never to be heard from again unless he writes a book or some shit like that.

JAFF
08-25-2019, 03:01 PM
Luck is moving to Europe, never to be heard from again unless he writes a book or some shit like that.

He would get it there. No one gives a **** about the NFL in Europe. I hope he finds some peace and some health. He gave it all. Thank God he figured out it was time to go before he couldn't walk off.

VeveJones007
08-25-2019, 03:13 PM

Yeah, I don’t hate Luck for his decision but I also don’t hold it against the fans who booed him if they forked out $5k+ for season tickets. You make that kind of financial commitment, you can boo your heart out if that’s what you want to do.

jasperhobbs
08-25-2019, 03:41 PM

I doubt anyone knows Andrew Luck's future plans except Luck and his wife. He does have a myriad of opportunities.

Hoopsdoc
08-25-2019, 04:35 PM
His problem is not with the owner, front office or coach. It's with his body

I’d wager there is maybe a 10 percent chance he wants to come back in a year or two.

But there is ZERO chance he comes back to Indianapolis. Not after leaving like this.

Indiana V2
08-25-2019, 04:37 PM
He will come back when Brady retires to QB the Patsies. Lol.

YDFL Commish
08-25-2019, 06:41 PM
I doubt anyone knows Andrew Luck's future plans except Luck and his wife. He does have a myriad of opportunities.

I guess I should've added some emojis.

JAFF
08-25-2019, 07:01 PM
I’d wager there is maybe a 10 percent chance he wants to come back in a year or two.

But there is ZERO chance he comes back to Indianapolis. Not after leaving like this.

You think the fans wouldn't want him back???? What hard information do you have to back that up

Colts And Orioles
08-25-2019, 07:17 PM
o

Many of the same fans who literally burned their LeBron James jerseys when he left the team to play for the Miami Heat gladly took him back when he returned to Cleveland 4 years later.

I suspect that that these types of reactions and counter-reactions are not unique ........ if you return to play for a team whose fans felt that you "dissed" them (and especially if you play well), you're going to mostly get cheered when you make the plays. Perhaps the sentiment won't be quite as adoring as it once was prior to the falling out, but the fans at-large will ultimately root for you to sink the game-winning basket, hit the game-winning triple, score the game-winning touchdown in crunch time if you are once again wearing that particular uniform.

o