PDA

View Full Version : Luck Retiring...???

WaynesWorld87
08-24-2019, 09:39 PM
All over Twitter and ESPN's bottomline...

Like...what? I've been refreshing this site and "the other site" for the last 5-10 minutes and still no threads. Is this really happening?

Dewey 5
08-24-2019, 09:40 PM
All over Twitter and ESPN's bottomline...

Like...what? I've been refreshing this site and "the other site" for the last 5-10 minutes and still no threads. Is this really happening?

It’s all over ESPN right now

Chromeburn
08-24-2019, 09:42 PM
I read this rumor the other day on twitter. Thought it was a joke. Now it’s headlining espn.

smitty46953
08-24-2019, 09:43 PM
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

Filed to ESPN: Andrew Luck has informed the Colts he is retiring from the NFL, per source. There will be a press conference Sunday to make it official, but Luck is mentally worn down, and now checking out.

Butter
08-24-2019, 09:46 PM
Well, that changes things a bit.

rcubed
08-24-2019, 09:48 PM
Fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

njcoltfan
08-24-2019, 09:49 PM
Well there goes the franchise for the next, what, 5 or 6 years?

smitty46953
08-24-2019, 09:49 PM
I think back to the “it’s between the ears” comment from Irsay :eek:

Chromeburn
08-24-2019, 09:50 PM
He’s 29 wow

WaynesWorld87
08-24-2019, 09:53 PM
I'm so...floored.

Like, who the actual hell saw this coming?

I'm a Thunder fan. I remember refreshing the Players Tribune homepage over-and-over on July 4th, 2016, and being shocked when I finally saw the picture of Durant with his arms crossed and a Warriors logo on his shirt. I mean I had myself convinced he was coming back to the Thunder, but a small part of me knew him leaving was possible. But I spent the next 24-48 hours in a tailspin/reeling.

This news/announcement of Luck retiring...this is at least 10,000x more painful and shocking than Durant's announcement to leave the Thunder.

JAFF
08-24-2019, 09:54 PM
Hes on the sidelines tonight.

edgeman
08-24-2019, 09:55 PM
His is crazy.

Spike
08-24-2019, 09:56 PM
Damn, fucking depressing.

YDFL Commish
08-24-2019, 09:58 PM
Bert Jones all over again.

Maniac
08-24-2019, 09:59 PM
Thanks for fucking over the franchise, Luck.

rcubed
08-24-2019, 10:03 PM
I am actually not shocked.

Several major injuries. He has money from himself and from his family. He is smart and will have tons of opportunities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smitty46953
08-24-2019, 10:03 PM
This flat sucks :cool:

Phelanka7
08-24-2019, 10:04 PM
Jimmie Irsay is prepared to offer the eternal soul of Jerry Garcia to the Kansas City Chiefs for QB Patrick Mahomes.

GoBigBlue88
08-24-2019, 10:04 PM
There is nothing worse than being an Indiana sports fan.

Chromeburn
08-24-2019, 10:06 PM
We were about to go on a SB run

Discflinger
08-24-2019, 10:07 PM
See you all in April.

njcoltfan
08-24-2019, 10:11 PM
Hes on the sidelines tonight.

That seems a little odd, doesn’t it?

DrSpaceman
08-24-2019, 10:11 PM
Fucking unbelievable.

This makes me question the whole injury this year and 2 years ago, obviously.

Completely changes the future of the franchise for a decade to come

But I am not giving up on the season. I still believe in Ballard and Reich

Colt Classic
08-24-2019, 10:12 PM
Change this site's banner already.

Hoopsdoc
08-24-2019, 10:13 PM
Woah woah woah. Is this real?

I haven’t watched the game, did Irsay say anything during his 3rd quarter interview?

bigalbert
08-24-2019, 10:14 PM
We need to get on the phone with Miami ang get Josh Rosen in here. Behind a decent line he would excell here. One year too quick for Lawrence.

Hoopsdoc
Fucking unbelievable.

This makes me question the whole injury this year and 2 years ago, obviously.

Completely changes the future of the franchise for a decade to come

But I am not giving up on the season. I still believe in Ballard and Reich

Absolutely. I said before, there is something more going on here than we knew.

DrSpaceman
No shit, he is AT THE FUCKING GAME when this comes out?

Fuck him.

Hoopsdoc
08-24-2019, 10:16 PM
No shit, he is AT THE FUCKING GAME when this comes out?

Fuck him.

If he was AT THE GAME, there is no way that this is true? Is there?

I mean, did he tell them TONIGHT?

Colts And Orioles
08-24-2019, 10:16 PM
It's all over Twitter and ESPN's bottomline ........

Like ........ what ??? I've been refreshing this site and "the other site" for the last 5-10 minutes and still no threads.

Is this really happening?

o

Thanks for the info Wayne, as excruciating as it is to hear.

o

Hoopsdoc
08-24-2019, 10:23 PM
Seriously, this is a joke, right?

Monty514
08-24-2019, 10:23 PM
Excellent quarterback but even better man.

Shame on Colts fans for booing him at the game.

ZionsvilleColtsFan
08-24-2019, 10:24 PM
I thought he would play 2-3 more seasons...this is a shocker

Colts And Orioles
08-24-2019, 10:25 PM
o

I'm hoping that this winds up being just a one-year absence (similar to Ricky Williams and the Dolphins several years ago), in which Luck takes a break physically and mentally ...... perhaps he will feel re-energized and refreshed after a full year off.

o

dwilli57
08-24-2019, 10:25 PM
Fucking cocksucker. I knew it. Started losing faith in him a while ago. FUCK.

Colt Classic
08-24-2019, 10:27 PM
Nice that he decided this in preseason. Impeccable timing. Enjoy your contract.

DrSpaceman
08-24-2019, 10:27 PM

He quit on the team 2 weeks before the season in the middle of his career as the team was primed to make a SB run

Fuck him, I'd boo him too.

GoBigBlue88
08-24-2019, 10:29 PM
LOL as a Pacers, Colts and IU fan ... of course. I mean, I'm just used to the shittiest of shitty things happening.

Best of luck to Luck. I got nothing.

Phelanka7
08-24-2019, 10:31 PM

It might have started as a light rumble and turned into booing, naturally. I mean, I personally wouldn't boo but I think people are entitled to literally voice their frustration at some pretty shocking ass shit.

I dunno. I can't even begin to step into his shoes. I never played a snap of actual football in my entire life. I'd much rather him walk away than just stand out there and put out a half-assed product. He's free to do what he wants. It's just a shame that news had to come out when it did. Social media is foul.

Spike
08-24-2019, 10:32 PM

How is he a better man? What the fuck has he ever done to say he is even a better man? He let his team and fans down, he can go fuck himself. I would have booed his ass too!

Chromeburn
08-24-2019, 10:34 PM
If he played for Philly of the Jets they would be burning him in effigy. A little booing is the most he will get.

I'm just shocked, everything was primed for a run. Brisset is not leading us there. We just went to the middle of the pack at best. It will take years to get a rookie into a contender. Just bummed man.

DrSpaceman
08-24-2019, 10:42 PM
If he played for Philly of the Jets they would be burning him in effigy. A little booing is the most he will get.

I'm just shocked, everything was primed for a run. Brisset is not leading us there. We just went to the middle of the pack at best. It will take years to get a rookie into a contender. Just bummed man.

Colts fans and the media are always way too soft on the local teams.

Some of that Philly/NY attitude at times would help us out.

The lack of it is why Grigson lasted so long

GoBigBlue88
08-24-2019, 10:45 PM
I've watched Curtis Painter play QB. What is dead may never die.

Oldcolt
08-24-2019, 10:45 PM
It didn't feel right that Brissett was not playing tonight. Quite a shock. Whoever said Bert Jones again hit it on the head. Was looking forward to a hall of fame career with both. This one is a huge head scratcher, Joneses wasn't.

It's a shame, mentally weak from the perspective of a football leader. I hate Brady, but in a million years you could never imagine him doing this. Andrew, you were not who we thought you were.

Mr. Session
08-24-2019, 10:49 PM
If he’s as smart as everyone says he is, he understands the booing.

Indianapolis sent Manning packing for him and the fan base naturally is deeply hurt. I don’t really think betrayal is an appropriate word but I’m sure there’s a synonym that fits.

I get it too. Football isn’t the type of sport where goofy dudes who congratulate opponents for busting their ass normally succeed. I always thought Luck was a fucking dork but I hoped he was a savant of sorts and it didn’t matter.

Stepping away from the fan perspective though, I hope the best for him. He gave us some good years, made a little bit of money, seems like an okay person.

It’s a tough fucking sport. Just wish you’d said something a little earlier, Andy.

Thorgrim
08-24-2019, 10:52 PM
It didn't feel right that Brissett was not playing tonight. Quite a shock. Whoever said Bert Jones again hit it on the head. Was looking forward to a hall of fame career with both. This one is a huge head scratcher, Joneses wasn't.

It took a broken bone in his neck while playing for the rams against the chiefs that ended Jones’ career. Never risked another snap but he never mentally checked out. Luck couldn’t carry Jones jock.

kitekrazy
08-24-2019, 10:53 PM
I hope there is no knee jerk reaction trade from our GM sacrificing future picks and end up with a "Jay Cutler". Tank the season.

Not only does this hurt the Colts but the NFL as well.

NextManUp
08-24-2019, 10:54 PM
In Chad Kelly we trust.

Big Smooth
08-24-2019, 10:56 PM
I don't even... I just.. fuck

Spike
08-24-2019, 10:58 PM
I hope there is no knee jerk reaction trade from our GM sacrificing future picks and end up with a "Jay Cutler". Tank the season.

Ballard got fucked by both McDaniels and Luck, but I think he is too smart for that.

1965southpaw
08-24-2019, 10:59 PM
I have no words. :eek::confused::mad::cool:

Chromeburn
08-24-2019, 11:12 PM

Trade for who? Rosen might have been a good get. Who is better than Brisset and out there right now? Eli Manning? Bridgewater?

ChoppedWood
I boo'd his ass, boo'd loud and was right friggin' behind him- trust me he could hear it. I called him a coward- I yelled wondering how those guys on the sidelines could stand to even stand next to him.

I took his jersey off and threw it out the window on the way home.

Yeah that's right, i am THAT guy. You know why, because I am a Colts fan and this guy just took a gigantic dump on the team I love, he just crapped down the throats of 52 guys that all have one common goal for February, who go out there every day in 95 degree heat and give their all for that goal, guys that have each other's backs and would potentially die on the field in support of their brothers. And then there is Andy who is "tired".

Fuck you Andy, fuck you hard, and get the fuck off our stadium, get the fuck off our promos, get the fuck out of our city. You aren't even a traitor, you are a quitter- fuck quitters, and fuck you.

Butter

I don't think so. We will role with Brissett and see what he has in a better offense with a solid OL.

ChoppedWood
08-24-2019, 11:13 PM
Trade for who? Rosen might have been a good get. Who is better than Brisset and out there right now? Eli Manning? Bridgewater?

Better than Brisset- Chad Kelly for one. I fucking hate that he is out the first 2 games. I pray this team, guys like Nelson, guys like Leonard, put either Jacoby or Chad on their back and make it a personal fucking mission to wreck this league this year!

Hoopsdoc
08-24-2019, 11:14 PM
If he’s as smart as everyone says he is, he understands the booing.

Indianapolis sent Manning packing for him and the fan base naturally is deeply hurt. I don’t really think betrayal is an appropriate word but I’m sure there’s a synonym that fits.

I get it too. Football isn’t the type of sport where goofy dudes who congratulate opponents for busting their ass normally succeed. I always thought Luck was a fucking dork but I hoped he was a savant of sorts and it didn’t matter.

Stepping away from the fan perspective though, I hope the best for him. He gave us some good years, made a little bit of money, seems like an okay person.

It’s a tough fucking sport. Just wish you’d said something a little earlier, Andy.
Oh, he’s a damn good dude.

But fuck him anyway. Asshole move pulling this shit on August 24th. His freakin ankle didn’t hurt in minicamp? He damn well should expect boos.

GoBigBlue88
08-24-2019, 11:15 PM
I boo'd his ass, boo'd loud and was right friggin' behind him- trust me he could hear it. I called him a coward- I yelled wondering how those guys on the sidelines could stand to even stand next to him.

I took his jersey off and threw it out the window on the way home.

Yeah that's right, i am THAT guy. You know why, because I am a Colts fan and this guy just took a gigantic dump on the team I love, he just crapped down the throats of 52 guys that all have one common goal for February, who go out there every day in 95 degree heat and give their all for that goal, guys that have each other's backs and would potentially die on the field in support of their brothers. And then there is Andy who is "tired".

Fuck you Andy, fuck you hard, and get the fuck off our stadium, get the fuck off our promos, get the fuck out of our city. You aren't even a traitor, you are a quitter- fuck quitters, and fuck you.

Lol fuck you. I'm done with this forum if this passes as popular attitude.

Maniac
08-24-2019, 11:17 PM

Bye

ChoppedWood
08-24-2019, 11:18 PM

Oh GTH GBBB with your "well there's no reason to be concerned about this and that and the rainbows are groovy and the sunshine is bright" blah blah blah...

This guy shit on his teammates, no pleasantries and no oh well it's all good is going to change that. We got screwed by a candy ass clown who is "tired".

Go burn some incense...

Chromeburn
08-24-2019, 11:20 PM
Better than Brisset- Chad Kelly for one. I fucking hate that he is out the first 2 games. I pray this team, guys like Nelson, guys like Leonard, put either Jacoby or Chad on their back and make it a personal fucking mission to wreck this league this year!

Oh and we could have signed Foles who won a superbowl with our coach.

Luck4Reich
08-24-2019, 11:22 PM
Shit..... have to change my name again already?

Seriously WTF!!!:(

ChoppedWood
08-24-2019, 11:22 PM

No doubt!

Boy does this most recent statement by Frank after last Saturday's game really ring loud. When they asked him how he thought Andrew looked in the pre-game walk through he said he didn't know, he didn't watch it. I think Frank had already said "fuck you Andy" and moved on.

Maniac
08-24-2019, 11:24 PM
Honestly I blame Grigson and Pagano the most for not getting a decent offensive line and for running a system with a bunch of long developing plays that was the worst possible choice to run with a crap offensive line.

It is shitty of Luck to retire now though. Do it earlier in the off-season if you're going to, not a couple weeks before the fucking season kicks off.

Butter
08-24-2019, 11:25 PM

People are pissed, I doubt you are going to find a whole let lest vitriol on other Colts forums.

DrSpaceman
08-24-2019, 11:26 PM

No shit.....that is what really sucks.

You had foles right there for the taking this past offseason, would have been perfect if Luck has just said something then.

Fuck him. Fuck him hard.

smitty46953
08-24-2019, 11:27 PM

It's not, just initial knee jerk reactions. I was pissed at in game announcement but understand his reasoning. :cool:

Luck4Reich
08-24-2019, 11:29 PM
No shit.....that is what really sucks.

You had foles right there for the taking this past offseason, would have been perfect if Luck has just said something then.

Fuck him. Fuck him hard.

Yes this is it exactly. Maybe this turns into a blessing in disguise. Ballard is turning this into a Tough team ... maybe we need a tough QB.

Coltsfever
08-24-2019, 11:33 PM
This is the worst day!

Indiana V2
08-24-2019, 11:34 PM
This team can still win without Luck, this is exactly the kind of team Ballard and Reich are building, a good team overall. Reich was able to win a Super Bowl with Nick Foles remember? :cool:

WaynesWorld87
08-24-2019, 11:34 PM
We need to get on the phone with Miami ang get Josh Rosen in here. Behind a decent line he would excell here. One year too quick for Lawrence.
I mean Tua this year wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. Although, I'm not sold on him being an NFL stud and it does have a little bit to do with his size. I know Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, and now possibly Kyler Murray are fully debunking the notion that QBs need to be 6'4"+, but I still haven't gotten the same "good vibes" feeling watching Tua play in college as I did watching Kyler Murray.

Trevor Lawrence though? He's the next big thing. Maybe we'll be "just bad enough" this year to get a top 10ish pick, other things will happen, and we'll REALLY suck next year and stumble into Trevor Lawrence next year.

ChoppedWood
08-24-2019, 11:38 PM
I mean Tua this year wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. Although, I'm not sold on him being an NFL stud and it does have a little bit to do with his size. I know Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, and now possibly Kyler Murray are fully debunking the notion that QBs need to be 6'4"+, but I still haven't gotten the same "good vibes" feeling watching Tua play in college as I did watching Kyler Murray.

Trevor Lawrence though? He's the next big thing. Maybe we'll be "just bad enough" this year to get a top 10ish pick, other things will happen, and we'll REALLY suck next year and stumble into Trevor Lawrence next year.

That's the other shitty thing about this, with Luck, this team is legitimate SB caliber- we are stocked with studs all over the field man. So without him, we're probably 8-8 at worst. So what's that get ya besides a # 17 bad ass safety or # 14 crushing DE.... it doesn't get you a Trevor Lawrence that's for sure.

For some reason people just don't seem to grasp how badly this cat stuck one up our ass. I loathe this dude now, cannot stand the thought of his happy go lucky schtick now- fuck you Andy!

Oldcolt
Ballard kinda looked pissed when Luck gave him a hug. Hope he is pissed and team is pissed once they get over the shock. Dick move by Luck. Weak to do it at this time, two weeks before season. Team could go either way, hope our leadership works and it makes us harder.

WaynesWorld87
Shit..... have to change my name again already?

Seriously WTF!!!:(
Right?

After last season, I thought Luck + Reich was going to be a coach/QB combo that started wrecking defenses and possibly the NFL for the next 8-10 years. Like they'd be our "Manning + Dungy".

It was finally all set up. Luck came back after missing an entire season and still looked like a top 5 QB. Reich seemed to be the real deal; like he has the potential to be a truly elite NFL head coach.

Hopefully Reich's potential is legit, and he really is an elite head coach, and we have him for the next decade. It's been proven in the NFL that you can win at a higih level with an great to elite head coach, a good to great defense, a good offensive line, and a slightly above average QB. Having an elite QB isn't a must, but you do need the cards to align just right to possibly win a Super Bowl even if all the aforementioned things are in place.

Luck4Reich
08-24-2019, 11:41 PM
Luck is a Pussy.

WaynesWorld87
08-24-2019, 11:43 PM
Where does this rank among shocking, no one saw that coming, retirements?

In my lifetime, the only two that I can think of where an athlete of this caliber shocked the sports world by announcing their retirement are Magic Johnson's first retirement and Michael Jordan's first retirement.

ChoppedWood
08-24-2019, 11:45 PM
Luck is a Pussy.

In his press conference he said the boos "hurt". Are you fucking kidding me? What the fuck do you think all those dudes that are in that locker room, those dudes that are out there every day of camp busting it while you cry about your ouchies, all these fans that wear your jersey with pride, how in the fuck do you think those people feel???

FUCK THIS COWARDLY ASS BEYOTCH!

smitty46953
08-25-2019, 12:09 AM
Lucks pressor after game if you didn't see it … :cool:

https://www.theindychannel.com/sports/espn-andrew-luck-to-retire?fbclid=IwAR10POsVe_yNepSqtzexp4po_Ps1TurDfb zzTlGM-4k5zG0uXqOSgopgQEk

GoBigBlue88
08-25-2019, 12:11 AM
Cool, guys. Seen enough bullshit. Not that it matters / this needs a response, but I'm done here.

ChoppedWood
08-25-2019, 12:14 AM
Cool, guys. Seen enough bullshit. Not that it matters / this needs a response, but I'm done here.

Well I hope you don't go somewhere and get all doom and gloom about this Andrew Luck not practicing hysteria....:cool:

Luck4Reich
08-25-2019, 12:14 AM

Joining the Luck quitters club?:cool:

nate505
08-25-2019, 12:16 AM
I won't go as far as to say fuck him, but I am irritated he couldn't do this before the draft. It was really one training camp that showed him his will for football was done? That's hard to believe.

That said, fuck Grigson and Pagano for ruining such a talent. And fuck Irsay for not canning those two clowns much earlier.

That that said, it's almost a bit of a relief in some ways. No more wondering if he'll be ready for the season. Not that I think Brissett can win a Superbowl, but I am interested to see what he can do. That said I hope Ballard can maybe make a low risk trade for another QB this season.

Butter
08-25-2019, 12:17 AM

If the posters who always lose there minds at everything lose it after what was supposed to be a generational QB retiring days before the season is what causes you to leave Coltfreaks forever after years of all the caustic bullshit that gets spouted here on a near-daily basis, well I just have no words. Take a break and come back ya goof, I would miss your posts.

nate505
08-25-2019, 12:18 AM

I'm genuinely curious...what did you expect the attitude to be? I imagine this would be the attitude from any fanbase.

Butter
08-25-2019, 12:20 AM
I'm genuinely curious...what did you expect the attitude to be? I imagine this would be the attitude from any fanbase.

Can you imagine if this happened in NY, BOS or Oakland?

nate505
08-25-2019, 12:22 AM
Can you imagine if this happened in NY, BOS or Oakland?

No kidding. Him receiving some boos was a given. I'm trying to imagine where he doesn't receive them. Jacksonville? Even there.

Luck4Reich
08-25-2019, 12:25 AM

https://www.theindychannel.com/sports/espn-andrew-luck-to-retire?fbclid=IwAR10POsVe_yNepSqtzexp4po_Ps1TurDfb zzTlGM-4k5zG0uXqOSgopgQEk

I couldn’t watch it and maybe I’m just a bit selfish right now. I guess it’s the way he made the decision and the timing. If he really cared about this team why do that? A lot of players on that team played through pain too (T.Y. Hilton)

I just don’t know.... this sucks!

ChoppedWood
08-25-2019, 12:29 AM
I won't go as far as to say fuck him, but I am irritated he couldn't do this before the draft. It was really one training camp that showed him his will for football was done? That's hard to believe.

So true.

Man if you think about it, has Ballard always sort of wondered if this guy was "the guy"?

Not getting rid of Brisset, when we know Ballard LOVES having an armada of draft picks, when we know other teams have come knocking and we know Ballard has made it VERY clear that he wasn't letting Brisset go. Combine that with Jim's between the ears comments, Frank's comments about Andrew driving the return not the team... boy it really makes you wonder if this team has just been placating him due to the talent but always also with a few toes in the pool of doubt about his desire to do play this game day in and day out.

He did them all dirty tonight now I hope it pushes Reich and Ballard to become even better at what they do and propels us to a storybook ending.

Discflinger
08-25-2019, 12:29 AM
I had a guy tell me this two weeks ago on the course. He's a Chief's fan and related to someone involved with the nfl. I tried to shrug it off, but mfer was right.

Brylok
08-25-2019, 12:30 AM
I will go so far as to say fuck him. I was angry at McAfee when he retired, but at least he did it at the end of the season. I'm pro player on almost everything. If you want to retire, fine. However, if you're the starting QB and face of the franchise, you can't retire unexpectedly two weeks before the start of the season! You just can't.

Andrew Luck has taken a gigantic dump on the Colts team, owner, coaches, and fans. If this is not handled correctly, it could be a franchise killer. I never thought I'd say it, but Luck needs to get his ass out of Indianapolis and Indiana in general, give the majority of the contract money he's on back to Irsay, and go fuck himself. What a piece of shit he is. If I owned any Luck merch, it would be in the trash and if I had been at the game tonight, I would have booed him too. He just torpedoed the season (3-13 incoming) and the franchise. GTFOH Luck.

Luck4Reich
08-25-2019, 12:32 AM
So true.

Man if you think about it, has Ballard always sort of wondered if this guy was "the guy"?

Not getting rid of Brisset, when we know Ballard LOVES having an armada of draft picks, when we know other teams have come knocking and we know Ballard has made it VERY clear that he wasn't letting Brisset go. Combine that with Jim's between the ears comments, Frank's comments about Andrew driving the return not the team... boy it really makes you wonder if this team has just been placating him due to the talent but always also with a few toes in the pool of doubt about his desire to do play this game day in and day out.

He did them all dirty tonight now I hope it pushes Reich and Ballard to become even better at what they do and propels us to a storybook ending.

They obviously know more about Luck than we do. Maybe they knew he was a little flaky but hoped he would overcome it. All we can do now is hope Ballard has a plan. I just don’t think Brisset is it.

DrSpaceman
08-25-2019, 12:34 AM
I will go so far as to say fuck him. I was angry at McAfee when he retired, but at least he did it at the end of the season. I'm pro player on almost everything. If you want to retire, fine. However, if you're the starting QB and face of the franchise, you can't retire unexpectedly two weeks before the start of the season! You just can't.

Andrew Luck has taken a gigantic dump on the Colts team, owner, coaches, and fans. If this is not handled correctly, it could be a franchise killer. I never thought I'd say it, but Luck needs to get his ass out of Indianapolis and Indiana in general, give the majority of the contract money he's on back to Irsay, and go fuck himself. What a piece of shit he is. If I owned any Luck merch, it would be in the trash and if I had been at the game tonight, I would have booed him too. He just torpedoed the season (3-13 incoming) and the franchise. GTFOH Luck.

You can't compare a punter to a franchise QB. Not nearly the same.

McAfee seemed to have legitimate injury concerns for retiring

With Luck it seems to be I have money, I can do other things easily, I don't want to deal with even minor injuries (how many guys in this league do you think have calf injuries? A dime a dozen)......so I'm just quitting.

Screw him. Never putting on that jersey again.

Getting a Maniac jersey and stick with TY jersey.

Really would like to see what Chad Kelley can do with the first team. I still think Brissett is a back up.

Luck4Reich
08-25-2019, 12:38 AM
Really would like to see what Chad Kelley can do with the first team. I still think Brissett is a back up.

Not that I believe it would happen.... but I would love to see Kelly take over and this team win the Super Bowl and a big Fuck you to Luck!

Brylok
08-25-2019, 12:42 AM
You can't compare a punter to a franchise QB. Not nearly the same.

McAfee seemed to have legitimate injury concerns for retiring

With Luck it seems to be I have money, I can do other things easily, I don't want to deal with even minor injuries (how many guys in this league do you think have calf injuries? A dime a dozen)......so I'm just quitting.

Screw him. Never putting on that jersey again.

Getting a Maniac jersey and stick with TY jersey.

I'm comparing a player with a player. Of course franchise QB is more important.
As far as Kelley goes, he's a felonious felon who got ran outta Denver who hasn't had a QB worth a shit since Elway. Backup at best. Briskett isn't starting caliber. Colts go 3-13 thanks to Luck. Almost all interest in the season is gone. Colts have no chance. Gonna be a LOT of empty seats.

kitekrazy
08-25-2019, 12:42 AM
10 years from now no one will know Luck.

WaynesWorld87
08-25-2019, 12:43 AM
I had a guy tell me this two weeks ago on the course. He's a Chief's fan and related to someone involved with the nfl. I tried to shrug it off, but mfer was right.
I'm not doubting you, but I am curious. What, exactly, did this guy say to you? You two were golfing together a couple of weeks ago and he actually said, "I'm hearing Luck may retire." ?

This was just so out-of-nowhere for me and most other people, I'm really wanting to piece-together all the information I'm seeing here, and elsewhere, where people have heard this could possibly (albeit slim) happen.

Luck4Reich
08-25-2019, 12:45 AM

Except all the Colts fans and players that remember how he fucked the season.

Butter
08-25-2019, 12:48 AM

Wrong, 25 years later I still rememmber Steve Emtman and his career was much shorter and less impressive.

WaynesWorld87
Ummm....no.

I mean, yeah, sure, if in the next 10 years we return to contender status and even win a Super Bowl, then plenty of people will forget about Luck and not care about August 24, 2019.

But this is the type of thing, especially if you're a Colts fan, you still remember and occasionally talk about 25 years from now. "Remember when Luck retired out of nowhere? Man...we were on our way to some years reminiscent of Manning and Dungy."

My brother was over tonight watching Miami and Florida when the news broke. He's a Cowboys fan. He said we're going to be together at Thanksgiving in 20-forty-whatever and probably have a conversation about this. Maybe not every year, but this is something Colts fans especially will talk about for years.

Chromeburn

I disagree, I think he will be remembered. But not well. I think he will live on in infamy.

ChoppedWood
08-25-2019, 12:52 AM
I disagree, I think he will be remembered. But not well. I think he will live on in infamy.

Ron Artest- swear on the way home I had the same feeling I had the night of the riot. I felt like some asshole had just fucking crushed my favorite franchise that was primed for a title with some selfish ass bullshit. I was driving when I heard about the Detroit shit, I was live and in the flesh for this one and man it felt identical. To this day, whatever it is, 15 years later, I can distinctly remember that feeling and I don't think this one is going to feel different.

Fuck Andy!

DrSpaceman
08-25-2019, 12:54 AM
Sure puts what TY Hilton was going through last year as he continued to be a baller throughout it all in perspective :

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001010171/article/ty-hilton-gave-everything-to-colts-despite-injury

"I've got a low and a high ankle sprain on one ankle," Hilton said via the Indianapolis Star. "I'm dealing with two injuries in one, which is pretty tough.

"I dealt with it. I gave the team everything I had."

Hilton sustained the injury on Dec. 9 against the Texans. Consequently, he had nine catches and 199 yards receiving in the game.

Andrew Luck : My calf hurts, so I can't play anymore, I am retiring.

ChoppedWood
08-25-2019, 12:56 AM
Sure puts what TY Hilton was going through last year as he continued to be a baller throughout it all in perspective :

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001010171/article/ty-hilton-gave-everything-to-colts-despite-injury

"I've got a low and a high ankle sprain on one ankle," Hilton said via the Indianapolis Star. "I'm dealing with two injuries in one, which is pretty tough.

"I dealt with it. I gave the team everything I had."

Hilton sustained the injury on Dec. 9 against the Texans. Consequently, he had nine catches and 199 yards receiving in the game.

Andrew Luck : My calf hurts, so I can't play anymore, I am retiring.

Fucking post of the century right here!

Praise to the man TY! Find us some more dudes like that man!

Maniac
08-25-2019, 12:56 AM
If the posters who always lose there minds at everything lose it after what was supposed to be a generational QB retiring days before the season is what causes you to leave Coltfreaks forever after years of all the caustic bullshit that gets spouted here on a near-daily basis, well I just have no words. Take a break and come back ya goof, I would miss your posts.

No one actually goes back to a message board to announce they are gone. They just don't come back. GBB will be back. He just wants attention.

Butter
08-25-2019, 01:01 AM
No one actually goes back to a message board to announce they are gone. They just don't come back. GBB will be back. He just wants attention.

I hope so, he adds more to coltfreaks than most of us do. You goons need to stop chasing quality posters off.

Luck4Reich
08-25-2019, 01:05 AM
We’ve had some tough QBs over the years... Unitas, Jones, Harbaugh, Manning... etc. Then a sissy like Luck.

Chromeburn
08-25-2019, 01:07 AM

It's silly to expect fans to act a certain way. People react in many different ways. I went to some other boards and it is no different there than it is here.

What's sad is we will all wonder what could have been with this season.

Luck4Reich
08-25-2019, 01:11 AM
It's silly to expect fans to act a certain way. People react in many different ways. I went to some other boards and it is no different there than it is here.

What's sad is we will all wonder what could have been with this season.

That’s what stings the most.... He couldn’t suck it up enough? That line that is in front of him now? The weapons? Defense? Couldn’t fucking play this season go for a Super Bowl? Retire after this season, Win or Lose? Pisses me off to think about it. Fucking coward!

Maniac
08-25-2019, 01:19 AM
I hope so, he adds more to coltfreaks than most of us do. You goons need to stop chasing quality posters off.

No one chased GBB off. He got offended over a widespread and normal fan overreaction on something this franchise changing. He won't leave but if he does, it's on him and no one else.

Chromeburn
08-25-2019, 01:20 AM
That’s what stings the most.... He couldn’t suck it up enough? That line that is in front of him now? The weapons? Defense? Couldn’t fucking play this season go for a Super Bowl? Retire after this season, Win or Lose? Pisses me off to think about it. Fucking coward!

He's a headcase right now. You could see it in his presser.

Luck4Reich
08-25-2019, 01:21 AM
He's a headcase right now. You could see it in his presser.

Agree..I couldn’t watch it all.

Discflinger
08-25-2019, 01:24 AM
I'm not doubting you, but I am curious. What, exactly, did this guy say to you? You two were golfing together a couple of weeks ago and he actually said, "I'm hearing Luck may retire." ?

This was just so out-of-nowhere for me and most other people, I'm really wanting to piece-together all the information I'm seeing here, and elsewhere, where people have heard this could possibly (albeit slim) happen.

I can't quote exactly because I was kind of drunk and frankly I didn't really want to talk about it, but while playing disc golf a friend told me that his brother in law or something had told him Luck was going to retire. I don't remember in what capacity, but he worked for the NFL. So, everyone in the loop has known for weeks. Really amazing they were able to keep it hush hush when I found out on a disc golf course in Colorado.

VeveJones007
08-25-2019, 01:38 AM
For me: It’s going to reaaaalllllyyy suck not watching him play (and the ramifications that has on the Colts). That disappointment is like a hollow pit in my chest.

For him: The man is starting a family. I won’t judge him just as I wouldn’t judge anyone else’s decision to change their career in the best interests of their family.

This is so disappointing but I don’t hold it against the man, if that makes any sense. I just can’t judge someone who puts their body through the ringer like NFL players do and risks their long-term health. If other things are more important to him than football now, then good luck to him and I hope Ballard can pull another McDaniels/Reich.

kitekrazy
08-25-2019, 01:47 AM
We’ve had some tough QBs over the years... Unitas, Jones, Harbaugh, Manning... etc. Then a sissy like Luck.

I still think Johnny U was the greatest because he played before they had all of those promote more offense rules. It's sad that you don't get to hear the voices that played against him.

It was during the Jones era that made more rules protecting the QB. Too many starter out and Monday night duds.

I never consider Harbaugh part of the Colt legacy. He spent most of his career with the Bears.

The Colts were one of the few teams to have so many franchise QBs. Luck ruined that. They only way to get a Manning or Luck is to be really bad at the right time and drafting the right guy. Imagine if the Colts drafted Leaf and Williams.

kitekrazy
08-25-2019, 01:49 AM
I can't quote exactly because I was kind of drunk and frankly I didn't really want to talk about it, but while playing disc golf a friend told me that his brother in law or something had told him Luck was going to retire. I don't remember in what capacity, but he worked for the NFL. So, everyone in the loop has known for weeks. Really amazing they were able to keep it hush hush when I found out on a disc golf course in Colorado.

I find that hard to believe and still don't. No one keeps their mouth shut these days.

Discflinger
08-25-2019, 01:56 AM
I find that hard to believe and still don't. No one keeps their mouth shut these days.

Things that happen in my life don't rest upon whether you believe them or not.

kitekrazy
08-25-2019, 02:02 AM
Reading some comments around the web there are Pats fans who still like Brisette.

Brylok
08-25-2019, 02:40 AM

And he made not one mention of the fans. Fuck that dude.

VeveJones007
08-25-2019, 03:00 AM
Watched the press conference and am just left with how sad this whole situation is. Luck went from scratching and clawing it out in 2016 with a torn labrum to utterly broken about football. He went from having the most fun in his professional life last Nov-Jan to this.

He completely lost his calling to the game...enough to pass on $500MM, as Irsay pointed out. How unhappy and broken would you need to be to pass up that kind of money? It’s just...really really sad.

kitekrazy
08-25-2019, 03:20 AM
Watched the press conference and am just left with how sad this whole situation is. Luck went from scratching and clawing it out in 2016 with a torn labrum to utterly broken about football. He went from having the most fun in his professional life last Nov-Jan to this.

He completely lost his calling to the game...enough to pass on $500MM, as Irsay pointed out. How unhappy and broken would you need to be to pass up that kind of money? It’s just...really really sad.

I guess it's an issue of pain. After watching a pocket passer like Manning who could get rid of the ball and seeing the way Luck would play you wonder how long he would last. Sometimes he would do things no coach wants to see their franchise QB do.

natagu23
08-25-2019, 03:32 AM
I say good for him. We had a great ride while it lasted.

He made what he thinks is the best decision for he and his future. I respect that.

He's a Stanferdz kid. He doesnt need luck. I wish him the best.

NextManUp
08-25-2019, 04:23 AM

I think I could hear you at the very end of this video.
https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/08/24/andrew-luck-booed-colts-fans-he-leaves-field-after-retirement/2112132001/

albany ed
08-25-2019, 04:53 AM
Four very special QBs, two of them never reached their potential due to injuries.

Oh well, next man up. And I had such high expectations for this season.

daedge
08-25-2019, 04:58 AM
People are pissed, I doubt you are going to find a whole let lest vitriol on other Colts forums.

Indeed. It's bloody raw right now.

albany ed
08-25-2019, 05:53 AM
Indeed. It's bloody raw right now.

It's gonna get more raw if Darnold goes on the have a HOF career.

JAFF
08-25-2019, 06:44 AM
Hes taken a beating playing football I cant imagine what it takes just to play one year, let alone 9 years.

Fans booed, they paid for that right when they put down a couple grand for a pair of season tickets.

Indiana V2
08-25-2019, 07:11 AM
A lot of hatred for someone who did some much good for the Colts, I understand the timing is not good at all, and that's where a lot of the anger is coming from, but respect the man's decision, he is hurting because he poured everything he had into playing QB for the Colts.

If you want to be pissed and hateful direct it towards Grigson.

I'm actually not all that surprised that he retired already, and I believe the Colts will be fine without him.

jasperhobbs
08-25-2019, 07:48 AM
A lot of hatred for someone who did some much good for the Colts, I understand the timing is not good at all, and that's where a lot of the anger is coming from, but respect the man's decision, he is hurting because he poured everything he had into playing QB for the Colts.

If you want to be pissed and hateful direct it towards Grigson.

I'm actually not all that surprised that he retired already, and I believe the Colts will be fine without him.

Excellent post. Who is to say when anyone wants/should retire. Andrew Luck is bright, has millions and has a lot of options in life. I say thanks for the memories and good luck with future endeavors.

YDFL Commish
08-25-2019, 07:55 AM
I guess Irsay was right about that 6 inches of space between Luck's ears. He's just wired differently than most pro athletes.

njcoltfan
08-25-2019, 08:08 AM

Remembered, like when the Irsays screwed the city of Baltimore !!

Racehorse
08-25-2019, 08:48 AM
For me: It’s going to reaaaalllllyyy suck not watching him play (and the ramifications that has on the Colts). That disappointment is like a hollow pit in my chest.

For him: The man is starting a family. I won’t judge him just as I wouldn’t judge anyone else’s decision to change their career in the best interests of their family.

This is so disappointing but I don’t hold it against the man, if that makes any sense. I just can’t judge someone who puts their body through the ringer like NFL players do and risks their long-term health. If other things are more important to him than football now, then good luck to him and I hope Ballard can pull another McDaniels/Reich.
This is where I am. I get the posters who were drunk last night and posted what they did. However, given the myriad of former players who can barely walk and talk, let alone eat with a fork, I won't be that harsh. I am angry that he didn't give it one last go with this roster, but in the end, there is nothing that I could do beyond vent online, so I move on and root for the guys who wear the Shoe this year.

Racehorse
08-25-2019, 08:51 AM

To be fair, he went on for a while about the children, just not much about the ones who paid his salary.

Who would have thought RGIII would last in the league longer than Luck?

Hoopsdoc
08-25-2019, 09:15 AM

Wow. Seriously?

People vent.

No one is begrudging him anything.

I hope the dude finds happiness away from football and lives to be 100 years old.

But this really really sucks for the Colts and the fans.

ChoppedWood
08-25-2019, 09:26 AM
This is where I am. I get the posters who were drunk last night and posted what they did. However, given the myriad of former players who can barely walk and talk, let alone eat with a fork, I won't be that harsh. I am angry that he didn't give it one last go with this roster, but in the end, there is nothing that I could do beyond vent online, so I move on and root for the guys who wear the Shoe this year.

Can't speak for others but I can for the record state I wasn't drunk in my rage last night and it hasn't eased any this morning.

I am really struggling to process all the pieces here and I can't move off the point that this guy just reamed us in a huge way.

So he has a strain that is of near zero concern in mini-camps and HE makes it clear HE is going to be ready for camp. Standard Luck giggly "I will be ready for camp" nerdness...

Okay, so draft is out the window, and realistically had he told them at the end of last year he was hanging them up- who knows, but realistically with a Ballard type I don't see him giving up a ton of the future to try to move up in a draft class where the "biggest" guy is a Michael Vick wannabe and a Daniel Jones is a guy people covet, while Haskins could take 3-5 years to shape into a long term answer... If we had known before hand, yeah we could probably make that move for Foles, so there's that taken off the table if he KNEW this that far back...and I think he did, but that's just my opinion.

So let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say that his real decision came between mini and training camp. Here's where I just don't buy this guys BS that this is an injury thing and the ankle is the final straw.

Camp starts, he takes a few days off at the beginning due to this lingering pain, steps on the field and looks like he's primed to go. Then he has to step back due to pain. Then they come out with the BS the last couple weeks that he can't practice due to lingering pain...BUUUUUT no one, not anyone with any access says shit about him wearing a boot. He's not present, then last weekend he's in warm ups he's running around laughing while going through exercises... NO BOOT. Yesterday, he didn't go through warm ups but several times I watched him come up to work with a QB and demonstrate a plant and drop back- no wincing, NO BOOT, stands the entire game, laughing, doing standard Luck shit...

Now in his press conference he's talking all this shit about how he's still in pain, it's a myriad of issues, strain, impingement, etc... and talks about how one of his first orders of business is to do what's necessary to stop this pain in his ankle.

I'm no doctor but if you are having that much of a problem, do you jump around and laugh with guys while doing it, or do you ask a doctor to immobilize the thing and get you on some crutches so you don't have pain- regardless of whether or not you get paid to play football for a living?

To me, it just doesn't add up. My read is he's known for quite some time he was not going to do this anymore but until last weekend he didn't have the balls to just come out and tell them it was over so he strung them, and us, along. Ballard made some mention of tough conversations they have all had recently and I think he specifically mentioned last Monday as sort of a trigger point.

I think it might have been those guys telling him they were tired of the hem hawing and they were moving on and now the ankle thing is just a soft landing spot for everyone to go their own ways and save as much face as possible instead of the org saying "yeah, Andy sort of threw all these guys that wear this horseshoe under the bus, thanks for F'ing us Andy".

If so, then screw him for not letting them have the option of trying to upgrade the position, and I'm not saying they would have chosen to do so because I really think Ballard is a JB fan and is willing to roll with him, but if so, he trapped them in a corner by waiting this long to finally do what he should have done a long time ago- probably around the SB I would imagine.

So on that basis, no, I do not hold a grudge for him retiring, hell yes I would be inclined to retire if I had $91M in salary and probably another $150M in endorsements sitting in my account. But to do it this way, 2 weeks before a season and IMO blame it on what IMO is made up- to me, that's the mark of a real coward that doesn't deserve my respect.

albany ed
08-25-2019, 09:29 AM
I guess this is good news for Walker and Kelly. One of them was facing being cut, but now they both should be safe.

ChoppedWood
08-25-2019, 09:37 AM
I guess this is good news for Walker and Kelly. One of them was facing being cut, but now they both should be safe.

Walker just doesn't have the size for it. He can make that "wow" play once every few series but in between, he's going to hurt you.

Kelly is for real. He throws an outstanding ball and you can see his command of the huddle. I am obviously pulling for Jacoby to just kill it when the bullets fly but after 2 games if he doesn't look the part, I absolutely want to see Kelly running this squad and see what he can do with all this talent around him.

Brylok
08-25-2019, 10:29 AM
To be fair, he went on for a while about the children, just not much about the ones who paid his salary.

Who would have thought RGIII would last in the league longer than Luck?

Race, I listened to all of what is available online and he mentioned Riley Hospital (bless them and the kids there) but he made not one mention about the Colts fans (other than hearing the booing and being "hurt"). That dude is a coward and left us high and dry.

rcubed
08-25-2019, 10:46 AM
This is where I am. I get the posters who were drunk last night and posted what they did. However, given the myriad of former players who can barely walk and talk, let alone eat with a fork, I won't be that harsh. I am angry that he didn't give it one last go with this roster, but in the end, there is nothing that I could do beyond vent online, so I move on and root for the guys who wear the Shoe this year.I have that same basic thoughts. I am unhappy we lost our all star qb right before we were poised to go on some sb runs. However I get why he left. He has money, opportunity, family, and still has his health mostly in tact. He is smart and has different priorities, I will not fault him for that. Also, fans get way to emotional about sports. I love the colts but never let it ruin my day when they lose.

That being said, this sucks!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

albany ed
08-25-2019, 11:15 AM
I have that same basic thoughts. I am unhappy we lost our all star qb right before we were poised to go on some sb runs. However I get why he left. He has money, opportunity, family, and still has his health mostly in tact. He is smart and has different priorities, I will not fault him for that. Also, fans get way to emotional about sports. I love the colts but never let it ruin my day when they lose.

That being said, this sucks!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Simpatico

ChoppedWood
08-25-2019, 11:25 AM
Kevin Bowen was just on with Jersey Johnny, great take on things.

Said absolute shock to the system hearing this yesterday. But also said that if there were two guys in the NFL that have the right mindset to handle this and not have panic, it's Ballard and Reich.

Said that Ballard was not bullshitting when he said in his 1st presser that this was not about one guy and that he has maintained that position throughout and that Reich absolutely took it to heart. Said Reich more or less meets with the medical folks, gets a report on who is available and that's where he dedicates his time and doesn't care about the name, just about what they need to do to win ball games. Brought up a great point about how Frank Reich is possibly the ideal candidate to help a career backup understand what it takes to become the leader of a team and carry that responsibility.

You can only read so much into what is said but obviously Bowen has a decent insight into the club, and it sure as hell sounds like there's been a lot of contingency planning by the front office for this possibility at any moment- and last night that moment arrived. Bowen did not sugar coat it, he said Luck left the Colts in a terrible position, that he did no one any favors by doing this this way, but he expects the three guys at the top to really do a good job of handling this situation and that they do have a lot of faith in JB. Forgot to add, and I guess I didn't realize it, this is a contract year for Jacoby, how crazy is that set up... could go from a nice comfortable living to the highest contract in the NFL in a matter of months- just has to get out there and show everyone why the staff is so high on him.

dwilli57
08-25-2019, 11:36 AM
I'm getting real close to the Anti-Andrew Luck camp. This is bullshit.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I could almost see this shit coming. Posted this on 8/13. I don't begrudge the guy for retiring but not 2 weeks before the season. That's bullshit. Fuck him and fuck his father too. I'll never watch that XFL pussy league now.

VeveJones007
08-25-2019, 12:47 PM
Can't speak for others but I can for the record state I wasn't drunk in my rage last night and it hasn't eased any this morning.

I am really struggling to process all the pieces here and I can't move off the point that this guy just reamed us in a huge way.

So he has a strain that is of near zero concern in mini-camps and HE makes it clear HE is going to be ready for camp. Standard Luck giggly "I will be ready for camp" nerdness...

Okay, so draft is out the window, and realistically had he told them at the end of last year he was hanging them up- who knows, but realistically with a Ballard type I don't see him giving up a ton of the future to try to move up in a draft class where the "biggest" guy is a Michael Vick wannabe and a Daniel Jones is a guy people covet, while Haskins could take 3-5 years to shape into a long term answer... If we had known before hand, yeah we could probably make that move for Foles, so there's that taken off the table if he KNEW this that far back...and I think he did, but that's just my opinion.

So let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say that his real decision came between mini and training camp. Here's where I just don't buy this guys BS that this is an injury thing and the ankle is the final straw.

Camp starts, he takes a few days off at the beginning due to this lingering pain, steps on the field and looks like he's primed to go. Then he has to step back due to pain. Then they come out with the BS the last couple weeks that he can't practice due to lingering pain...BUUUUUT no one, not anyone with any access says shit about him wearing a boot. He's not present, then last weekend he's in warm ups he's running around laughing while going through exercises... NO BOOT. Yesterday, he didn't go through warm ups but several times I watched him come up to work with a QB and demonstrate a plant and drop back- no wincing, NO BOOT, stands the entire game, laughing, doing standard Luck shit...

Now in his press conference he's talking all this shit about how he's still in pain, it's a myriad of issues, strain, impingement, etc... and talks about how one of his first orders of business is to do what's necessary to stop this pain in his ankle.

I'm no doctor but if you are having that much of a problem, do you jump around and laugh with guys while doing it, or do you ask a doctor to immobilize the thing and get you on some crutches so you don't have pain- regardless of whether or not you get paid to play football for a living?

To me, it just doesn't add up. My read is he's known for quite some time he was not going to do this anymore but until last weekend he didn't have the balls to just come out and tell them it was over so he strung them, and us, along. Ballard made some mention of tough conversations they have all had recently and I think he specifically mentioned last Monday as sort of a trigger point.

I think it might have been those guys telling him they were tired of the hem hawing and they were moving on and now the ankle thing is just a soft landing spot for everyone to go their own ways and save as much face as possible instead of the org saying "yeah, Andy sort of threw all these guys that wear this horseshoe under the bus, thanks for F'ing us Andy".

If so, then screw him for not letting them have the option of trying to upgrade the position, and I'm not saying they would have chosen to do so because I really think Ballard is a JB fan and is willing to roll with him, but if so, he trapped them in a corner by waiting this long to finally do what he should have done a long time ago- probably around the SB I would imagine.

So on that basis, no, I do not hold a grudge for him retiring, hell yes I would be inclined to retire if I had $91M in salary and probably another $150M in endorsements sitting in my account. But to do it this way, 2 weeks before a season and IMO blame it on what IMO is made up- to me, that's the mark of a real coward that doesn't deserve my respect.

You’re admitting there’s guesswork driving your reaction. What if your guesses are wrong?

ChoppedWood
08-25-2019, 01:03 PM
You’re admitting there’s guesswork driving your reaction. What if your guesses are wrong?

Then I am wrong, won't be the first time. I also have seen whispers that he is being coy and playing this card but the reality is he has cancer and wants to lay low while fighting, and if so, well damn I will feel like shit for saying these things.

However, right now, based on what info does exist, including the bombshell from Schefty that they reached a settlement with him last week, well the little nuggets we do have, they don't paint a rosey picture of Andy the ultimate warrior going out there and fighting for his guys... the things we do know sure do make him look like a very very very smart guy that played this system to the absolute most beneficial point possible.

VeveJones007
08-25-2019, 03:10 PM
Then I am wrong, won't be the first time. I also have seen whispers that he is being coy and playing this card but the reality is he has cancer and wants to lay low while fighting, and if so, well damn I will feel like shit for saying these things.

However, right now, based on what info does exist, including the bombshell from Schefty that they reached a settlement with him last week, well the little nuggets we do have, they don't paint a rosey picture of Andy the ultimate warrior going out there and fighting for his guys... the things we do know sure do make him look like a very very very smart guy that played this system to the absolute most beneficial point possible.

What bombshell? “Late last week” could easily mean a couple days ago.

Puck
08-25-2019, 03:42 PM

Yes he did.....

Puck
08-25-2019, 03:43 PM

Yep. Story came out today. This is a new week . So Thursday or Friday of last week would make sense.

Hoopsdoc
08-25-2019, 04:38 PM

He first brought up retirement on Monday with Irsay, Ballard, and Reich. He’d been considering it for at least a couple of weeks.

VeveJones007
08-25-2019, 07:12 PM
He first brought up retirement on Monday with Irsay, Ballard, and Reich. He’d been considering it for at least a couple of weeks.

This was in reference to when they reached the financial settlement.

ChoppedWood
08-25-2019, 07:39 PM
This was in reference to when they reached the financial settlement.

So we are to believe one of the most high profile players in the league, on a team that the NFL is putting out there as a real live wire, we are to believe that on a Monday the guy starts talking to the brass about retiring and by the end of that week they've ironed out his retirement package?

Color me a skeptic of that timeline...

VeveJones007
08-26-2019, 01:45 AM
So we are to believe one of the most high profile players in the league, on a team that the NFL is putting out there as a real live wire, we are to believe that on a Monday the guy starts talking to the brass about retiring and by the end of that week they've ironed out his retirement package?

Color me a skeptic of that timeline...

Yes. It isn’t hard to believe. Ballard has signed free agents to deals in shorter periods of time.

Also, the Colts didn’t pay anything new. The money was given to Luck three years ago. It’s an easy call to let him keep it or not. It isn’t like Irsay cut him a huge check as a going away present on Friday.

natagu23
08-26-2019, 02:14 AM
To boo a man who literally pissed blood for this team is just sickening.

With the shoulder injury---The guy went 585 days without playing football and most of those days he spent rehabbing and seeking alternative treatments to fix his shoulder just so he can come back and throw a fucking football.

He was taking numbing agents for the rest of the season when he hurt his shoulder while tough guys kicked their legs up on the recliner watching him get his shit kicked in aided in part by Grigson's oline.

Watching the disappointment on his face while he left the field was disheartening. I swear football has some the most bone headed fans out of any sport.

Luck4Reich
08-26-2019, 07:02 AM
To boo a man who literally pissed blood for this team is just sickening.

With the shoulder injury---The guy went 585 days without playing football and most of those days he spent rehabbing and seeking alternative treatments to fix his shoulder just so he can come back and throw a fucking football.

He was taking numbing agents for the rest of the season when he hurt his shoulder while tough guys kicked their legs up on the recliner watching him get his shit kicked in aided in part by Grigson's oline.

Watching the disappointment on his face while he left the field was disheartening. I swear football has some the most bone headed fans out of any sport.

It’s called a knee jerk reaction. I’m sure you have had one before and did something classless and then realized you were wrong. I was pissed but now I’m more understanding. I am still not happy it happened but understand. I hate the timing of the decision more than anything but I don’t know all the underlying circumstances either.

I wish Luck well and hope we win multiple SB’s and wish it could have been with him.

natagu23
08-26-2019, 08:23 AM
It’s called a knee jerk reaction. I’m sure you have had one before and did something classless and then realized you were wrong. I was pissed but now I’m more understanding. I am still not happy it happened but understand. I hate the timing of the decision more than anything but I don’t know all the underlying circumstances either.

I wish Luck well and hope we win multiple SB’s and wish it could have been with him.

Hey man its called being human. Id be a hypocrite to dog you for it.

Thats what a lot of fans at the Luke forgot.... the man is also human.

omahacolt
08-26-2019, 11:50 AM
This was a pretty funny read.

I don’t understand how he people that are pissed. I also do t understand gbb being upset about the people upset

albany ed
08-26-2019, 03:40 PM
I wonder if it played out like this.

Luck confided with the brass back in March that he was seriously considering retirement. Brass told him to take a few months to think about it and they would hold him out of OTAs with a minor injury. They were hoping that after a few months, his competitive juices would win out. When camp began, Luck was still leaning towards retirement and the brass was working on getting him to stay one more year. The longer it went, the more both sides wanted to get a final resolution. Luck still wanted to end it and finally, the brass relented.

Does anyone think this is a possibility?

DrSpaceman
08-26-2019, 03:44 PM
I wonder if it played out like this.

Luck confided with the brass back in March that he was seriously considering retirement. Brass told him to take a few months to think about it and they would hold him out of OTAs with a minor injury. They were hoping that after a few months, his competitive juices would win out. When camp began, Luck was still leaning towards retirement and the brass was working on getting him to stay one more year. The longer it went, the more both sides wanted to get a final resolution. Luck still wanted to end it and finally, the brass relented.

Does anyone think this is a possibility?

Sure very possible

Or he may have even told them last year before the season and maybe they convinced him to give it one more year.

Hoopsdoc
08-26-2019, 04:11 PM
Saw a rumor on another board that someone slashed Andrews tires?

God, I hope not.

Hoopsdoc
08-26-2019, 04:48 PM
ESPN is saying the Colts wanted to put Luck on IR but that Luck was adamant that he is done for good.

Pez
08-26-2019, 04:57 PM
ESPN is saying the Colts wanted to put Luck on IR but that Luck was adamant that he is done for good.

Credit Luck for that right? Tens of millions of dollars, a new kid on the way and a desire to travel the world. Should he go in IR or go do what he wants.

Jacoby Brisset is the QB of the Indianapolis Colts.

What Luck does with his time is none of my concern, save that I wish him well and wish him happiness.

VeveJones007
08-26-2019, 05:09 PM

This was in Peter King's article. Irsay, Ballard, and Reich spoke with Luck over the course of a few days, bringing up options like "go on IR, take your time to get healthy, and we'll see from there."

But Luck was done mentally. It's why I don't think a future return is realistic. Luck knows the toll that football will take on his body and mind. He recently missed an entire season. If that wasn't enough to spark his desire to just get back on the field at all costs, then retirement probably won't either.

rm1369
08-26-2019, 05:11 PM
Without any real details I’m not sure how so many have an opinion beyond “it sucks” for Colts fans. There are way to many unknowns for anything else. If the medical issue is as minor as we had been led to believe and if Luck has really only seriously contemplated retirement for 2 weeks then yeah I think it raises some legitimate questions. But the reality is that both the Colts and Luck probably are / have been lying about a lot of it. And while it is frustrating as a fan, Luck doesn’t owe any of us detailed information on his medical status or what went into his retirement decision. Those are extremely private issues. Being highly paid doesn’t change that. If anything, being such a high profile player requires even more secrecy and privacy while he contemplated. Could you have imagined the reaction if Luck had a daily press conference to lay out where he stood on retirement that day? Would you want the “help” of millions of people with one of the hardest decisions you’ll ever make? It’s ridiculous. Luck was paid what he was worth, it wasn’t given to him as charity.

JAFF
08-26-2019, 07:18 PM
Credit Luck for that right? Tens of millions of dollars, a new kid on the way and a desire to travel the world. Should he go in IR or go do what he wants.

Jacoby Brisset is the QB of the Indianapolis Colts.

What Luck does with his time is none of my concern, save that I wish him well and wish him happiness.

If he goes on IR, they are going to want him to do rehab, and he's had enough of that. Good for him. If they keep him around, they are hoping he will get the competitive juices flowing, and get the urge to play.

If he goes off and just lives his life, he might want to come back. The best rehab is being away and not getting the shit knocked out of you on a weekly basis. The best way to find out if you miss it is to be AWAY from it. He's a smart kid.

apballin
08-26-2019, 08:29 PM
We can still win with jacoby, it sucks but fuck it I was getting sick of the bullshit time to move on I’d rather have someone that wants to be out there

Chromeburn
08-26-2019, 10:47 PM
Even if he changes his mind in a few months, is feeling better. He can't come back this season. He would have to clear waivers.

If he wants to come back it would have to be next year. I'm kind of 50/50 on whether he will do it. I think he will regret how all this played out. I think he will also miss the competition and his teammates. Players have repeatedly said they miss it after they leave. But I really do think a lot of this was in his head. I think things just got to him and he broke down. The whole event was surreal and blew up. I'm afraid he is going to be reduced to a meme and associated with quitting.

Hoopsdoc
08-27-2019, 04:29 AM
This was in Peter King's article. Irsay, Ballard, and Reich spoke with Luck over the course of a few days, bringing up options like "go on IR, take your time to get healthy, and we'll see from there."

But Luck was done mentally. It's why I don't think a future return is realistic. Luck knows the toll that football will take on his body and mind. He recently missed an entire season. If that wasn't enough to spark his desire to just get back on the field at all costs, then retirement probably won't either.

I agree. That really sealed it for me. I think the dude has hated football since at least the lost season and has basically just been going through the motions.

I don’t mean to say that he was half assing anything, just that he hated what he was doing the entire time he was doing it. He finally had enough.

I would be shocked, SHOCKED, if he ever decided to return.

DrSpaceman
08-27-2019, 07:40 AM
He won't return. He has other interests beyond football

Oddly if he had gone to IR this season, my reaction would have been that he might as well just retire

I know he went through a lot and the Colts did nothing under Grigson to protect him, but once he injured his shoulder and had to do major rehab, I agree he was no longer into it.

Racehorse
08-27-2019, 08:15 AM
I agree. That really sealed it for me. I think the dude has hated football since at least the lost season and has basically just been going through the motions.

I don’t mean to say that he was half assing anything, just that he hated what he was doing the entire time he was doing it. He finally had enough.

I would be shocked, SHOCKED, if he ever decided to return.

If he hated it last year, why did he wait until now to retire? That is the part that I just don't get.

Chromeburn
08-27-2019, 09:15 AM
If he hated it last year, why did he wait until now to retire? That is the part that I just don't get.

That is why I think its in his head. Reich said this injury was nothing compared to the shoulder. But they needed to know if he was going to suit up and what his decision is. This happens when someone is thinking of doing something drastic. I think in a couple months, maybe 3, maybe 6, he is going to regret how it all went down.

DrSpaceman
08-27-2019, 09:35 AM

Yes I don't get that either, but I am under the impression, because we went through this same preseason "when will he play" scenario last year, which in retrospect probably was again nothing physical but more mental, he considered it and somehow changed his mind

It would have made much more sense last year and I would not have as much of a problem with it, oddly. you come back though and look great and literally are on the verge in the next few years of a SB title, then you decide to retire.

Makes no sense to me. truly great players don't retire when they have a chance to win a title. Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Peyton, Montana, Marino, even in other sports, Bird, Kobe, Lebron, you name it, you have a season coming up like this, you COULD be physically healthy and they CAN play and will likely be contenders, they aren't walking away.

The only way who did that was Jordan, twice. And both time he came back after doing it. ANd he had already won 3 and 6 titles at those times.

ChoppedWood
08-27-2019, 09:43 AM
Reich's presser yesterday was very interesting, he talked about how they've used the term paradox to sort of put this all in the proper context, and I can appreciate that to a large degree. You can certainly love something but also feel burdened by it, no question.

However, what I can't appreciate are the tale tell signs that dispute some of the things Luck said at the podium and some of the things done leading up to that- including the ludicrous warm ups thing the week prior- whoever orchestrated that, and that's absolutely what that was, should be ashamed of themselves- and that may very well be him!

I don't see him ever wanting to return to the NFL- he will be jeered til the end of the earth. The XFL... now that could be real interesting to keep an eye on over the next few years...

Pez
08-27-2019, 10:51 AM
I don't want him back after this, for many of the same reasons I didn't want Leveon Bell in free agency. I have tons of respect for Luck, but if he is going to pull shit like this he at least owes it to us to stick to his decision. Go enjoy life, have fun, raise your kids, do great things.

Grigson chose not to recognize that he was the future of the franchise and chose not to fix the line. Combine that with Pep Hamilton requiring him to stay in the pocket for six seconds on 3rd and 2, add Chuck Pagano and you have a nor'easter that ended Lucks career.

Racehorse
08-27-2019, 11:09 AM
I don't want him back after this, for many of the same reasons I didn't want Leveon Bell in free agency. I have tons of respect for Luck, but if he is going to pull shit like this he at least owes it to us to stick to his decision. Go enjoy life, have fun, raise your kids, do great things.

Grigson chose not to recognize that he was the future of the franchise and chose not to fix the line. Combine that with Pep Hamilton requiring him to stay in the pocket for six seconds on 3rd and 2, add Chuck Pagano and you have a nor'easter that ended Lucks career.

I want him playing the game he loves again. I don't want it to be against my team, so I will have to say that if he were to play again, I want it to be in Indianapolis.

VeveJones007
08-27-2019, 11:12 AM
I want him playing the game he loves again. I don't want it to be against my team, so I will have to say that if he were to play again, I want it to be in Indianapolis.

I don't think it's very likely. If the fun of last season wasn't enough to push him through another cycle of injury & rehab, then stepping away won't fix it. It would be like two people getting divorced and then re-marrying. Not impossible, but a long shot.

Racehorse
08-27-2019, 11:23 AM
I don't think it's very likely. If the fun of last season wasn't enough to push him through another cycle of injury & rehab, then stepping away won't fix it. It would be like two people getting divorced and then re-marrying. Not impossible, but a long shot.

I also think it is a long shot, but I don't like it when they leave too early and later have a case of the "what ifs".

Hoopsdoc
08-27-2019, 11:46 AM

I’m going out on a limb and saying walking away from hundreds of millions of dollars isn’t easy.

Hoopsdoc
08-27-2019, 11:48 AM
I also think it is a long shot, but I don't like it when they leave too early and later have a case of the "what ifs".

If he does get the what ifs, they’ll be especially bad, considering the way everything was set up this year.

Talk about a golden opportunity gone up in smoke.

rcubed
08-27-2019, 01:22 PM
I’m going out on a limb and saying walking away from hundreds of millions of dollars isn’t easy.
but also easier when you have already made $100M

Puck
08-27-2019, 01:26 PM
If Brissett gets hurt or struggles they will be calling Luck

Oldcolt
08-27-2019, 01:37 PM
This kid is never coming back, ever. He enjoys to many other things in life, could have gone on IR but wanted no part of it. He has moved on. So should we.

Brylok
08-27-2019, 01:49 PM

Calling him what? A quitter? He quit on the team 2 weeks before the season starts.

Hoopsdoc
08-27-2019, 02:05 PM

First of all, they’re not calling him.

Second, even if they would, he ain’t answering. Certainly not this season.

That dude is G-O-N-E.

Chromeburn
08-27-2019, 02:36 PM

They can't though. He would have to go through waivers to be on the team again. And we would have to be first on the waiver wire for him to clear it.

DrSpaceman
08-27-2019, 03:16 PM

If Brissett struggles you give Chad Kelly a chance.

rm1369
08-27-2019, 04:15 PM
They can't though. He would have to go through waivers to be on the team again. And we would have to be first on the waiver wire for him to clear it.

Why would Luck have to clear waivers? He wasn’t waived. He retired. Am I missing something?

JAFF
08-27-2019, 04:18 PM

There is some irony right there

Chromeburn
08-27-2019, 05:44 PM
Why would Luck have to clear waivers? He wasn’t waived. He retired. Am I missing something?

It's what I heard yesterday on sports radio. That he was added to the retired list. If he was to come back, he would have to go through the waiver wire and could be claimed by anyone below us in claim order.

I thought he would still be under contract, I don't know how that would work with his contract. But I guess the 24 was a settlement deal so maybe the Colts don't have a claim on him. Might work differently in the off season.

rm1369
08-27-2019, 06:55 PM
It's what I heard yesterday on sports radio. That he was added to the retired list. If he was to come back, he would have to go through the waiver wire and could be claimed by anyone below us in claim order.

I thought he would still be under contract, I don't know how that would work with his contract. But I guess the 24 was a settlement deal so maybe the Colts don't have a claim on him. Might work differently in the off season.

I'm not 100% certain, but I'd be very surprised if that is accurate. Hard to find accurate information though. As I understand it the 24m was just the Colts saying they wouldn't ask him to pay back the money he has already received. It wouldn't affect his contract status. They'd be stupid to pay Luck 24m and give up their rights to him should he decide to play again.

rm1369
08-27-2019, 07:04 PM
Actually it sounds like it may be right - if he returns before the trade deadline. Apparently its different because he reported to training camp and then retired. If Luck unretires anytime after the trade deadline this year he won't be subject to waivers. He would be under contract with the Colts.

Chromeburn
08-27-2019, 08:02 PM
I'm not 100% certain, but I'd be very surprised if that is accurate. Hard to find accurate information though. As I understand it the 24m was just the Colts saying they wouldn't ask him to pay back the money he has already received. It wouldn't affect his contract status. They'd be stupid to pay Luck 24m and give up their rights to him should he decide to play again.

I tried to look it up but couldn't find anything except people that agreed with that. I bet they heard the same thing.

What's worse. Whitlock today said Luck will be back in two years and he will play for the Cowboys.

Then a patriots fan came in and said the patriots after Brady retires.

omahacolt
08-27-2019, 08:28 PM
If Brissett struggles you give Chad Kelly a chance.

Walkers got this

Chromeburn
08-27-2019, 08:29 PM
Walkers got this

GTFO of here hahaha

YDFL Commish
08-27-2019, 09:21 PM
Walkers got this

You know you're making an ass of yourself with that statement?

rm1369
08-27-2019, 10:27 PM
I tried to look it up but couldn't find anything except people that agreed with that. I bet they heard the same thing.

What's worse. Whitlock today said Luck will be back in two years and he will play for the Cowboys.

Then a patriots fan came in and said the patriots after Brady retires.

Yeah not a lot of good info. I did find an blurb about it on PFT:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/26/colts-officially-place-andrew-luck-on-reserve-retired-list/amp/

I’m fairly certain that if Luck ever came back he’d be under contract with the Colts and not a FA. Of course it appears I was wrong about the waivers so who knows. It still seems weird, because couldn’t someone like Bell have used this to force his way out of Pittsburgh? Show up to camp, retire, wait a few weeks, unretire, then hit waivers? Something doesn’t seem right.

omahacolt
08-27-2019, 10:36 PM

Was obviously a joke

Chromeburn
08-27-2019, 11:28 PM
Yeah not a lot of good info. I did find an blurb about it on PFT:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/26/colts-officially-place-andrew-luck-on-reserve-retired-list/amp/

I’m fairly certain that if Luck ever came back he’d be under contract with the Colts and not a FA. Of course it appears I was wrong about the waivers so who knows. It still seems weird, because couldn’t someone like Bell have used this to force his way out of Pittsburgh? Show up to camp, retire, wait a few weeks, unretire, then hit waivers? Something doesn’t seem right.

It’s weird and seems like a loophole. I listened to something after I posted and they said they still have Luck’s rights for three years. Bc same thing came up with Mcafree when he tried out with the Bears this month. But we still have his rights. So not really sure.

JAFF
08-28-2019, 06:27 AM

He is consistant.

Racehorse
08-28-2019, 06:35 AM
but also easier when you have already made $100M

I have never met a man who thought he had made enough money.

Oldcolt
08-28-2019, 01:32 PM
Interesting article on how many of the Colt players found out about Luck's retirement. I know everyone loves Andy as a person but I'll go out on a limb and say that this was all about him, not about the team in any way. If it was, he wouldn't have taken the chance that it comes out the way it did. This has to be tough on the locker room, to learn like this. He told his friends, like any of us would but not the team in general. Cared about his friends (he knew it mattered and would be hard on the team, otherwise why give a heads up to guys you like) but not quite as much as the team in general. Don't tell me he wanted it to be quiet so he only told a few, if you want that you don't tell anyone until you are ready to tell everyone. I have no argument with his decision. Just the timing (15 days before opening day) and the way it was allowed to roll out. It is a good decision for him and his family. If I were his dad I would be happy my son has decreased his chance of CTE. In his emotional state I also think it was to much to ask for him to process all of this at the time. The organization, in my opinion, should have advised him and managed this better. Just an all around bummer

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/08/27/guy-says-he-broke-andrew-luck-retirement-news-colts-players/2133442001/

IndyNorm
09-01-2019, 09:47 AM

Based on the number of draft picks used and FAs signed for the OL, I think Grigson did try to fix it, but he was too incompetent to get the job done. Agree with you on the '70s style offensive scheme Clappy and clowns wanted to run had a lot to do w/ Luck getting beat up.

Chromeburn
09-01-2019, 12:06 PM
Based on the number of draft picks used and FAs signed for the OL, I think Grigson did try to fix it, but he was too incompetent to get the job done. Agree with you on the '70s style offensive scheme Clappy and clowns wanted to run had a lot to do w/ Luck getting beat up.

It was a perfect storm. Dakich must be friends with Grigson because he was trying to put more blame on the coaching staff. But his bad drafting and bad management contributed quite a bit.

Chromeburn
09-01-2019, 12:08 PM
Oh and Luck took a full page ad out in today’s indystar.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDX8QSDX4AE4sW1?format=jpg&name=large

IndyNorm
09-01-2019, 12:24 PM
It was a perfect storm. Dakich must be friends with Grigson because he was trying to put more blame on the coaching staff. But his bad drafting and bad management contributed quite a bit.

Not sure what Dakich has been saying, but Grigson's incompetence definitely had a lot to do with it. It's all semantics at this point, but IMO he didn't ignore the OL issues. He was just really bad at his job.

Chromeburn
09-01-2019, 02:00 PM
Not sure what Dakich has been saying, but Grigson's incompetence definitely had a lot to do with it. It's all semantics at this point, but IMO he didn't ignore the OL issues. He was just really bad at his job.

Dakich wants to put it all on the coaches. Saying that the talent was good enough to go 8-8 that one year. But stacking the roster with old vets because you can’t hit on your draft picks is not the way to go.

Yeah he did go through a lot of oline men. And they were all bad. Clark still hasn’t gotten any better even though this is his 4th year now?

Hoopsdoc
09-01-2019, 08:39 PM

Arians has completely escaped blame and I don’t understand why. His offense got Luck beat to hell to.

We’re about to see it again with Jameis Winston. That offensive line is offensive.

Hoopsdoc
09-01-2019, 08:42 PM
Oh and Luck took a full page ad out in today’s indystar.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDX8QSDX4AE4sW1?format=jpg&name=large

The guy is a class act. Always has been.

IndyNorm
09-02-2019, 09:34 AM
Dakich wants to put it all on the coaches. Saying that the talent was good enough to go 8-8 that one year. But stacking the roster with old vets because you can’t hit on your draft picks is not the way to go.

Yeah he did go through a lot of oline men. And they were all bad. Clark still hasn’t gotten any better even though this is his 4th year now?

Kelly is obviously good. Mewhort was pretty good as well but ran into knee issues. And Haeg has been good enough to stick around as a backup, most likely b/c of his versatility. Other than that it was all busts for Grigs both through the draft and FA.

I still think the '13 offseason for the Colts is one of the worst in NFL history, especially if you add in the TRich trade.

Chromeburn
09-02-2019, 03:54 PM
Arians has completely escaped blame and I don’t understand why. His offense got Luck beat to hell to.

We’re about to see it again with Jameis Winston. That offensive line is offensive.

Jameis won’t be any great loss. Arians system does get a QB killed. But he was only a Colt for a year. Then they had Pep and mr predictable.

Colts And Orioles
02-10-2020, 06:52 PM
All over Twitter, and ESPN's bottom line ........

Like ........ what ??? I've been refreshing this site and "the other site" for the last 5-10 minutes, and still no threads. Is this really happening ???

o

5 AND-A-HALF MONTHS LATER ........

Jim Irsay Tweets about 'Luck' and Sparks Hope, Skepticism

(By Scott Horner)

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2020/02/09/colts-owner-jim-irsay-mentions-luck-tweet-speculation-ensues/4708361002/

o

JAFF
02-10-2020, 07:12 PM

Getting Luck beat to shit was a total team effort. From failing to build a line, to having empty backfield 7 step drops on 3rd and forever, and Luck just not giving up on plays.

A lot of blame to go around.

Colts And Orioles
02-10-2020, 07:14 PM
o

5 AND-A-HALF MONTHS LATER ........

Jim Irsay Tweets about 'Luck' and Sparks Hope, Skepticism

(By Scott Horner)

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2020/02/09/colts-owner-jim-irsay-mentions-luck-tweet-speculation-ensues/4708361002/

o
o

That Twitter speculation said, Luck's father Oliver said that his son Andrew has no desire for a football comeback one month ago, on January 8th ........

Oliver Luck: Andrew Luck Has Not Shown Desire for NFL Comeback

(By Chris Chavez)

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/01/08/andrew-luck-nfl-comeback-not-happening-father-oliver-luck-colts

o

Brylok
02-10-2020, 09:22 PM
Still no excuse for quitting two weeks before the season. $24M in free money is nice, too

JAFF
02-11-2020, 06:29 PM
Still no excuse for quitting two weeks before the season. $24M in free money is nice, too

Really? What did he owe you? His life? His health? It's a game. Not worth making yourself a cripple.

All Luck ever did was play as hard as he could, every game. He just couldn't do it. Why would you want a guy playing out there who couldn't give everything he had.

The man was spent, playing his ass off for our team. His body failed him. Hope it never happens to you.

Colts And Orioles
02-14-2020, 11:56 AM
o

How Andrew Luck has Escaped the Limelight in Retirement

(By Chris Sims)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2020/02/13/andrew-luck-retirement-oliver-luck-xfl/4754875002/

o